Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,057 members, 7,828,718 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? (42149 Views)

Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money / Asking Your Boyfriend For Money / Question To Ask My Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 01, 2013
mizzocho.cinco:
You still have your girlfriends asking you to do them favours after they cook, clean or spend a good time with you, i believe the same label you are stamping on me is the exact same label you should be stamping on your girlfriend smiley

Men want a woman who can prove themselves worthy before they take her to the alter, a good cook and someone who can make him a great time in bed, a good and hygienic wife and mother. why can't i have a man prove that he is a good provider before accepting to walk down the aisle for?

Does this mean women have to accept whatever comes their way, whereas women have to be put through some tests before they are considered to be wife material?
Food for thought

And since when did any decent man outrightly demand their woman provide the services you have just listed for testing purposes? Let's flip this and assume you wish to belong with the pigs who make their partners feel like unloved ATM slaves. Or do you? Think before spewing faux feminism, please.

7 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 01, 2013
ewww.u can also add ferrari.God help guys o,na ur hand we dey o

2 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 01, 2013
La wa oooo
Pay ur own rent abeg,nor open office for anoda persn pikin head.

2 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 01, 2013
I believe the op is just kidding! smiley
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by druid06(m): 3:50pm On Nov 01, 2013
mizzocho.cinco:
You still have your girlfriends asking you to do them favours after they cook, clean or spend a good time with you, i believe the same label you are stamping on me is the exact same label you should be stamping on your girlfriend smiley

Men want a woman who can prove themselves worthy before they take her to the alter, a good cook and someone who can make him a great time in bed, a good and hygienic wife and mother. why can't i have a man prove that he is a good provider before accepting to walk down the aisle for?

Does this mean women have to accept whatever comes their way, whereas women have to be put through some tests before they are considered to be wife material?
Food for thought

Nice points even though most of your reasons seems to be of the medieval period. There's actually nothing wrong in trying to test a man's worth before saying I do. It's actually your right. Asking a man to financially provide for you during the courting stage is like a man asking for a surgical operation of your womb to see if its healthy enough to bear his children. It's demeaning enough not towards the man but the woman in particular.

Any lady that asks a man for outrageous financial assistance is asking for trouble an shouldn't run crying blue murder when it backfires. To know if a man is comfortable enough to provide for you and your children is simple common sense. If a man has a good and well paying job. I think he's secure enough to take care of you and your family come future but asking him to take up financial burden from you during the courting stage by paying your rent and bills is absolutely ridiculous. You need to see this from another point of view to know how you sound.

19 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 01, 2013
druid06:

Nice points even though most of your reasons seems to be of the medieval period. There's actually nothing wrong in trying to test a man's worth before saying I do. It's actually your right. Asking a man to financially provide for you during the courting stage is like a man asking for a surgical operation of your womb to see if its healthy enough to bear his children. It's demeaning enough not towards the man but the woman in particular.

Any lady that asks a man for outrageous financial assistance is asking for trouble an shouldn't run crying blue murder when it backfires. To know if a man is comfortable enough to provide for you and your children is simple common sense. If a man has a good and well paying job. I think he's secure enough to take care of you and your family come future but asking him to take up financial burden from you during the courting stage by paying your rent and bills is absolutely ridiculous. You need to see this from another point of view to know how you sound.

Actually, i believe to know if a man is stingy or not, you don't have to test how much he gives you as pocket money, it's as simple as watching how much he enjoys giving to people in need around him. If he cannot willingly give out money to his friend who is in dire need when he can afford it, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 01, 2013
lah wa oo.. na im collect room 4 u?? parents have quotas so do lovers.. abegi undecided undecided angry angry
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by firetrap(m): 3:55pm On Nov 01, 2013
druid06:

thanks for the criticism, but truth be told, the complexities of relationships have not changed a lot since medieval times. we're both saying the same thing, we're just using different voices
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by druid06(m): 3:59pm On Nov 01, 2013
firetrap:

thanks for the criticism, but truth be told, the complexities of relationships have not changed a lot since medieval times. we're both saying the same thing, we're just using different voices

I agree with you too. We're basically saying the same thing.

I misquoted you when I actually wanted to quote the author. The error has been corrected.
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by kagari: 4:02pm On Nov 01, 2013
How on earth did i miss dis topic

@op

i would look 4 u
i would find u
and i would chop u

datz all

2 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by mizzochocinco: 4:03pm On Nov 01, 2013
Flytefalls:

And since when did any decent man outrightly demand their woman provide the services you have just listed for testing purposes? Let's flip this and assume you wish to belong with the pigs who make their partners feel like unloved ATM slaves. Or do you? Think before spewing faux feminism, please.
no decent man demands for a woman to do anything, but which of the decent man would consider the woman for marriage when they don't know how capable she is to keep the house in order? I find it amusing how women will always try to downsize other women to feel superior or put a point across, "you wish to belong with the pigs who make their partners feel like unloved ATM slaves." Do enlighten me on how i am a feminist? I remember believing that the role of a man is to provide and protect while the role of the woman is to take care of everything else so that he can be able to wake up happy and healthy in order to take on the world and provide for his family. Do go ask around what feminism is

9 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by mizzochocinco: 4:05pm On Nov 01, 2013
alutacontinua:

Actually, i believe to know if a man is stingy or not, you don't have to test how much he gives you as pocket money, it's as simple as watching how much he enjoys giving to people in need around him. If he cannot willingly give out money to his friend who is in dire need when he can afford it, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
you put the point across very well. Thank you
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 01, 2013
mizzocho.cinco:
no decent man demands for a woman to do anything, but which of the decent man would consider the woman for marriage when they don't know how capable she is to keep the house in order? I find it amusing how women will always try to downsize other women to feel superior or put a point across, "you wish to belong with the pigs who make their partners feel like unloved ATM slaves." Do enlighten me on how i am a feminist? I remember believing that the role of a man is to provide and protect while the role of the woman is to take care of everything else so that he can be able to wake up happy and healthy in order to take on the world and provide for his family. Do go ask around what feminism is

I don't have to go and scrub the wall of a sensible man's bedroom before he knows I can keep a house in order. The way I keep my own house is enough for him to know. KAPUT

I actually thought this was a joke before but the way you're going about it, i be lyk say u mean am. undecided undecided

13 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by mizzochocinco: 4:16pm On Nov 01, 2013
How many women have been in relationship for years with men, putting in so much effort in the relationship, not only by cooking , cleaning and sex. It can be by being there for him when he was sick, giving him ideas related with his work in exchange for a few dinner dates, sex and flowers only for that man to leave you and marry or date someone else? I simply want to know how far he can go for me and in return i will show how far i can go for him in return.
Why should i be labelled for wanting to see him put his words to practice?
Have you been told, "you are my everything and i will do anything for you", yet when you find out that you have a terminal illness or you find out you cannot have children, the same man will leave you faster than he can say, 'everything will be okay, we will make it regardless". In fact lets leave terminal illness and fertility out of this, how many of you have been told, "i love you no matter what", but you have been dumped for a girl younger than you, who is prettier and much more adventurous the moment you gained weight or talked about making it official?

8 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 01, 2013
I said "Faux feminism"... you are certainly no feminist, I agree undecided.

Also, I take opinions as they are, and yours is truly foolish.. and you just happen to be a woman. Good luck with your rent undecided

6 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 01, 2013
mizzocho.cinco:
How many women have been in relationship for years with men, putting in so much effort in the relationship, not only by cooking , cleaning and sex. It can be by being there for him when he was sick, giving him ideas related with his work in exchange for a few dinner dates, sex and flowers only for that man to leave you and marry or date someone else? I simply want to know how far he can go for me and in return i will show how far i can go for him in return

So, the only way he can show you 'how far he can go' is by paying ur rent

Dearie, he's not your father, neither is he your husband! He can pay all ur bills and still dump you if he wants to! Paying of ur bills doesn't guarantee that he won't leave! If he wants to give you something, let him give you because he believes you deserve it, maybe you even deserve much more but he just gives you something as a token of his appreciation. You asking for it makes it look like it's your right, well, the bad news is that IT'S NOT YOUR RIGHT!

Pay your bills yourself....Asking him to pay your bills in return for sex makes you nothing more than a prostitute. Asking him to pay your bills in return for doing his chores makes you nothing more than a maid.

As a girlfriend/fiance, all you have to do is be yourself and add value to his life in the best way you can. If by chance, your best is enough for him and he realizes you deserve every penny he earns till he takes his last breath, FINE! If he doesn't realize it, THAT'S HIS LOSS, MOVE ON!

Thanks!

28 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by firetrap(m): 4:30pm On Nov 01, 2013
mizzocho.cinco:
How many women have been in relationship for years with men, putting in so much effort in the relationship, not only by cooking , cleaning and sex. It can be by being there for him when he was sick, giving him ideas related with his work in exchange for a few dinner dates, sex and flowers only for that man to leave you and marry or date someone else? I simply want to know how far he can go for me and in return i will show how far i can go for him in return.
Why should i be labelled for wanting to see him put his words to practice?
Have you been told you are my everything and i will do anything for you, yet when you find out that you have a terminal illness or you find out you cannot have children, the same man will leave you faster than he can say, 'everything will be okay, we will make it regardless". In fact lets leave terminal illness and fertility out of this, how many of you have been told, "i love you no matter what", but you have been dumped for a girl younger than you, who is prettier and much more adventurous the moment you gained weight or talked about making it official?

how many men have been in a relationship for years with women, putting in work, providing for her and her family, taking care of her when she's sick, paying her brothers school feels only for her to up and get back with her ex who she never quite got over

6 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 01, 2013
kagari: How on earth did i miss dis topic

@op

i would look 4 u
i would find u
and i would chop u

datz all
i love Nairaland grin

1 Like

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 01, 2013
alutacontinua: I believe the op is just kidding! smiley

You're always the first person to shout "OP's kidding!" in threads. I don't know if you're trying to deter people from responding or what, it ain't cool.

3 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 01, 2013
Yield:

You're always the first person to shout "OP's kidding!" in threads. I don't know if you're trying to deter people from responding or what, it ain't cool. I believe druid06 deleted his thoughtful response after reading your reply too.

Pardon me
Did I seize your keyboard and stop you from replying?
Anybody that cannot make their own decisions as to whether to reply to a thread or not should not be here in the first instance!
Druid06, is it true? Did you delete your 'thoughtful response' after seeing my reply? If yes, i sincerely plead with you to re-post it!
Did you even read the title of the thread? Didn't that sound lyk a joke to you at first?

3 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by mizzochocinco: 4:42pm On Nov 01, 2013
firetrap:

how many men have been in a relationship for years with women, putting in work, providing for her and her family, taking care of her when she's sick, paying her brothers school feels only for her to up and get back with her ex who she never quite got over
men are never that patient, if there are any who do such i would believe you can actually count them

2 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by mizzochocinco: 4:46pm On Nov 01, 2013
Flytefalls: I said "Faux feminism"... you are certainly no feminist, I agree undecided.

Also, I take opinions as they are, and yours is truly foolish.. and you just happen to be a woman. Good luck with your rent undecided
if you want to continue being the woman who brings down the moon for a man in exchange for empty promises by all means amuse yourself. You believe my opinion is foolish. Okay how many guys have u played Miss Independent for and they gave u nothing worthy in return, not even loyalty. If you can count at least 3 then you will know the definition of foolishness smiley

3 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by texanomaly(f): 4:49pm On Nov 01, 2013
mizzocho.cinco:

Food for thought

Why would he marry you? He already gets everything he would get from a wife. Why buy the cow, when you get the milk for free? undecided

8 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 01, 2013
mizzocho.cinco:
If there is a right time to have sex with him and cook for him before marriage, why is there not a right time to ask for money for rent before marriage?
A right time to have sex and cook for him before marriage? There's no right time to have sex and cook for a guy before marriage!

The right and only time to do those things is after marriage.

Sex? Again, should be after marriage, personally. No exceptions. But you have the right to make your own decision for yourself, which you have already done.

Cooking? I will make a lil' exception here: If you want to cook for him to show him you can cook ..which is what you've been aiming for or to maybe surprise him with his favourite meal, then do that only once or twice. But don't make it your duty to be cooking for him all the time. That ain't your duty! You're doing these things -having sex with him and cooking for him because of the benefits you think you will reap (he will have respect for you, love you more, not leave you and of course, give you money). Stop trying to sell yourself and prove your worth to this man. Your worth is not determined by your cooking and bedroom skills. The way your treat others, what you have going for yourself, the way you treat him and talk to him (and I'm not talking about sex or cooking for him here), how emotionally connected you are to one another are some things that will make a man stay. How in the world do you expect him to respect you when you're always giving him sex and giving in to what he wants? Where is your self-worth? You think turning yourself into a housewife for a man you've been dating for 4-months will make him stay? No. If a relationship is meant to be, it will be. You don't need to break your back for a man to prove your worth.

And saying because you're having sex with him and cooking for him, then you can ask him for rent money is silly. He is not forcing you to cook nor have sex with him, you're doing those things to meet your own selfish ends. And if you're asking a man to pay your rent just 4-months into dating him, you think he will be impressed? Make your own money and pay your own rent.

18 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 01, 2013
Yield:

+1
smiley

1 Like

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Idowuogbo(f): 4:51pm On Nov 01, 2013
druid06:

So I.D when would I be able to have a private contact with you. I don't mid you cooking and cleaning for me. I think I can afford your rent. wink
Huh? U think u can? Or u can? Which one?
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by texanomaly(f): 4:55pm On Nov 01, 2013
Yield:
A right time to have sex and cook for him before marriage? There's no right time to have sex and cook for a guy before marriage!

Sex? Again, should be after marriage, personally. No exceptions. But you have the right to make your own decision for yourself, which you have already done.

Cooking? I will make a lil' exception here: If you want to cook for him to show him you can cook ..which is what you've been aiming for or to maybe surprise him with his favourite meal, then do that only once or twice. But don't make it your duty to be cooking for him all the time. That ain't your duty! You're doing these things -having sex with him and cooking for him because of the benefits you think you will reap (he will have respect for you, love you more, not leave you and of course, give you money). Stop trying to sell yourself and prove your worth to this man. Your worth is not determined by your cooking and bedroom skills. The way your treat others, what you have going for yourself, the way you treat him and talk to him (and I'm not talking about sex or cooking for him here), how emotionally connected you are to one another are some things that will make a man stay. How in the world do you expect him to respect you when you're always giving him sex and giving in to what he wants? Where is your self-worth? You think turning yourself in a housewife for a man you've been dating for 4-months will make him stay? No. If a relationship is meant to be, it will be. You don't need to break your back for a man to prove your worth.

And saying because you're having sex with him and cooking for him, then you can ask him for rent money is silly. He is not forcing you to cook nor have sex with him, you're doing those things to meet your own selfish ends. And if you're asking a man to pay your rent just 4-months into dating him, you think he will be impressed? Make your own money and pay your own rent.

This is worth quoting. Bravo!

6 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 01, 2013
Live a life u can afford, don't become a burden to other men who didn't bring you into this world
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by mizzochocinco: 5:02pm On Nov 01, 2013
Yield:

if you are not married I bet you are still a virgin smiley

5 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by druid06(m): 5:10pm On Nov 01, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Huh? U think u can? Or u can? Which one?

Na the same thing na.
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by mizzochocinco: 5:11pm On Nov 01, 2013
texanomaly:

Why would he marry you? He already gets everything he would get from a wife. Why buy the cow, when you get the milk for free? undecided
how many of your exes that you have done a lot for in different ways, are married to other woman right now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

“Give Me My Phone, I’m Not Cheating On You”—Couple Fight Dirty Over Phone / Kenyan Man Weds Lady Who Helped Him With Transport Fare 6 Year Ago / Bride Dies A Day Before Her Wedding In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.