Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,995 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? - Romance (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? (42072 Views)

Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money / Asking Your Boyfriend For Money / Question To Ask My Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Truckpusher(m): 1:57pm On Nov 02, 2013
kingk:
grin grin grin
I laughed cos of your beauty.
She is a fine guy.....the guy fine well well grin grin
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by druid06(m): 2:02pm On Nov 02, 2013
Basically, this thread has shown that there are two types of women to consider for a relationship. Those that expect material possessions and want their financial needs to be cared for in a relationship and those that goes into relationships expecting nothing other than to enjoy being in a relationship and companionship.

Guys, choose wisely and cut your coats according to your cloth.

1 Like

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Emeralddeee: 2:02pm On Nov 02, 2013
ifekemmy: @ OP, u re one of d gals that makes guys to think ladies re bitches. Pls take ur time o
can't you see the op is no not a girl. He is just seeking attention and catching fun.
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 02, 2013
yomalex: Get a job and pay your own bills. Dare to be different, don't be a leech
jeeez! Two hundred and Eighteen Likes?? Wow I never see am b4 o.. Abeg wats d tweak? cheesy
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by kingk(m): 2:06pm On Nov 02, 2013
Truckpusher: She is a fine guy.....the guy fine well well grin grin
Why the sarcasm naw?
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by kingk(m): 2:09pm On Nov 02, 2013
gcfr.com:
jeeez! Two hundred and Eighteen Likes?? Wow I never see am b4 o.. Abeg wats d tweak? cheesy
Tweak as you call am, grin na Okija Otumokpo I'm use type am.
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Truckpusher(m): 2:09pm On Nov 02, 2013
druid06: Basically, this thread has shown that there are two types of women to consider for a relationship. Those that expect material possessions and want their financial needs to be cared for in a relationship and those that goes into relationships expecting nothing other than to enjoy being in a relationship and companionship.

Obviously you don't get the bigger picture bro......most of these ladies shouting 'blue murder' are the main culprit of the same scenario ,forget these blahblahblah they are shouting here.

abi no be Naija be this again,dem be aliens? undecided
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 02, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Personal how? So na crime say I dey reply junior evangelist? Na wa o!
no offence baby, infact his 'running to hell' annoys me undecided
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Idowuogbo(f): 2:20pm On Nov 02, 2013
kingk:
grin grin grin
I laughed cos of your beauty.
U are evil grin grin cheesy lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by druid06(m): 2:20pm On Nov 02, 2013
Truckpusher: Obviously you don't get the bigger picture bro......most of these ladies shouting 'blue murder' are the main culprit of the same scenario ,forget these blahblahblah they are shouting here.

abi no be Naija be this again,dem be aliens? undecided

I dey tell you man. The thing kon tire me ooh. I come dey wonder say all these girls wey dey collect steady from their boyfriends till the guy go broke dey come here dey talk like say na dem be saint. Abeg make all of them go lick stew.
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Idowuogbo(f): 2:20pm On Nov 02, 2013
RubyTheBlogger: no offence baby, infact his 'running to hell' annoys me undecided
Na u dey take am personal grin
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Idowuogbo(f): 2:21pm On Nov 02, 2013
druid06:

I dey tell you man. The thing kon tire me ooh. I come dey wonder say all these girls wey dey collect steady from their boyfriends till the guy go broke dey come here dey talk like say na dem be saint. Abel make all of them go lick stew.
Smh
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by passionate88: 2:23pm On Nov 02, 2013
Idowuogbo:
God bless u!!!!! Take! kiss
Him no need am, give me
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by kingk(m): 2:26pm On Nov 02, 2013
Idowuogbo:
U are evil grin grin cheesy lipsrsealed embarassed

Evil or devil?, Stop it oh! I'll tell my mummy that you're begging me to pay for your house (office grin) rent oh.
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by druid06(m): 2:26pm On Nov 02, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Smh

Abeg, why you dey shake your head na. Wetin I do? cheesy
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by A40(m): 2:27pm On Nov 02, 2013
jadelyn007:
hahahaha, pls tell me d difrns btwn a gal that sleeps wt difrnt guys for money n a gal dat has slept wt 3guys bcs d previous 2 dumped her sorry arse after giving them sex for free?
Giving sex for free? This is an ashawo state of mind I'm sorry to say! Sex is an act not a transaction (ashawos I no dey talk to you) so when you say "giving sex for free" one starts to wonder! Is it rice,cement or gasoline?
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by rman: 2:30pm On Nov 02, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Wtf? Like seriously? So marriage/relationship don turn cash 'n' carry? U must be high on cabin biscuit. Wots wrong wiv u? undecided

The truth is what it is Idowu. Your expectations of what is you expect from a man you want to date or sleep with is a function of your own assessment of what you think you are worth or deserve.

Love is just an illusion. We are all guilty of this trade by barter.
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Truckpusher(m): 2:36pm On Nov 02, 2013
druid06:

I dey tell you man. The thing kon tire me ooh. I come dey wonder say all these girls wey dey collect steady from their boyfriends till the guy go broke dey come here dey talk like say na dem be saint. Abeg make all of them go lick stew.
No mind dem ,dem wan deceive us by forming saint.

If we open our mail box and text messages now ,even our mama dem go carry mortar pestle chase us grin grin

Ole buruku dem grin
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by druid06(m): 2:39pm On Nov 02, 2013
Truckpusher: No mind dem ,dem wan deceive us by forming saint.

If we open our mail box and text messages now ,even our mama dem go carry mortar pestle chase us grin grin

Ole buruku dem grin

I dey tell you. cheesy
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by rman: 2:39pm On Nov 02, 2013
Lord_Reed:

You are funny. So in your estimation the baby a wife gives her husband is equal to a car? Trade by barter my foot.

Giving and getting in relationship is not a trade. If you keep that mind set your home will never be a happy place especially when the challenges arrive and be sure they will. What happens when your co-tradee is unable to do certain things say like cook? I suppose you'll stop your own services abi? LoL.

Lord Reed, I need you to perform a simple experiment if you are in any kind of relationship, preferably a BF/GF one.

Start dressing poorly, act broke, start being a jackass and watch if your partner will not react negatively to all of those.

Do you know why she will, you have shortchanged or not kept your own part of this unwritten agreement that is there.

It is there but both of you just are not looking like it logically, you let emotions call it love. All relationships are logical in nature.

That's why a virgin church going girl that finds out the partner is impotent will never act the same way immediately she finds out. That's why, a man that finds out the wife is barren will not act the same way again, no matter how hard he pretends everything is okay. That's why relationship are not the same when a guy that spends money suddenly becomes broke. Unless, Nairaland is fantasy island, a few realistic examples are the one above.
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by jadelyn007(f): 2:59pm On Nov 02, 2013
A-40:

Giving sex for free? This is an ashawo state of mind I'm sorry to say! Sex is an act not a transaction (ashawos I no dey talk to you) so when you say "giving sex for free" one starts to wonder! Is it rice,cement or gasoline?
who is dis one again?:-/did u fall 4rm pluto? Abi u no dy see all d numerous threads frm guys on niaraland titled my"my galfrd has refused 2 gv me sex afta 6mths of dating" or "my wife refuse 2 gv me sex bcs she is pregnant"
in naija givin sex or havin d act of sex is synonymous so 4gt dis ur grammar
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 02, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Na u dey take am personal grin
lol oya lehz 4get it, u no say we b padis grin
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by helensharpay(f): 3:04pm On Nov 02, 2013
E b like say u no get shame,pay ur rent? A 4months relationship? Abeg go cover ur face,u b mumu.
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Idowuogbo(f): 3:06pm On Nov 02, 2013
rman:

The truth is what it is Idowu. Your expectations of what is you expect from a man you want to date or sleep with is a function of your own assessment of what you think you are worth or deserve.

Love is just an illusion. We are all guilty of this trade by barter.
Smh! It is well...
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 02, 2013
-
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by LordReed(m): 3:33pm On Nov 02, 2013
rman:

Lord Reed, I need you to perform a simple experiment if you are in any kind of relationship, preferably a BF/GF one.

Start dressing poorly, act broke, start being a jackass and watch if your partner will not react negatively to all of those.

Do you know why she will, you have shortchanged or not kept your own part of this unwritten agreement that is there.

It is there but both of you just are not looking like it logically, you let emotions call it love. All relationships are logical in nature.

That's why a virgin church going girl that finds out the partner is impotent will never act the same way immediately she finds out. That's why, a man that finds out the wife is barren will not act the same way again, no matter how hard he pretends everything is okay. That's why relationship are not the same when a guy that spends money suddenly becomes broke. Unless, Nairaland is fantasy island, a few realistic examples are the one above.

The reason she will dump me is not because I have violated some non-written trade by barter agreement but because I have treated her like a jerk. If you needed an example, including being a jerk does not qualify. In my case my wife has been the most supportive woman in the world (after my mother and sisters), I have gained a lot of things from her not because I have been giving her equally but because she loves me (however you don't want to hear that). I have been in the doldrums and she was still there. I can understand that not every woman can be that supportive but hey that is an individual thing not a general one. If you wish your relationship to be a trade by barter agreement feel free to indulge but never mistake it for the right way.

As I said before give and receive is expected in a relationship not because of a non-written trade by barter agreement but as an expression of love and of one's self. I give because I have to give (time, money, attention, mind share).

1 Like

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by ministerblessed: 4:34pm On Nov 02, 2013
D right time is..........NOW! Silly child,dnt u av parents.its gals like u dt make guys tink ladies r materialistic
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by kaboninc(m): 4:34pm On Nov 02, 2013
Truckpusher: Omo ! this your epistle na for this same topic abi dem dun do you take before cheesy

Honestly am just sad. Wicked set of humans. When you dey do them...them dey shout "baby...baby...you will kill me ooh". Or they'll say "oh baby..pls make me feel like a man". So who'll pay for "making you feel like a woman"?

@rman...I think you contradicted yourself. That's why they say relationships are for adults...not just any adults but one that knows how to spell "responsibility"

@Lord_Reed...I agree with you. If a woman loves you, and she truly does, then she would feel so ashamed to tell you that her love is "monetised". Worse still is when she's a friend of ignorance.
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by kaboninc(m): 4:37pm On Nov 02, 2013
druid06: Basically, this thread has shown that there are two types of women to consider for a relationship. Those that expect material possessions and want their financial needs to be cared for in a relationship and those that goes into relationships expecting nothing other than to enjoy being in a relationship and companionship.

Thanks for this.
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Adesolomon024(m): 5:25pm On Nov 02, 2013
mizzocho.cinco:
I have been dating my boyfriend for 4months now and since men play the role of a provider when is the right time to ask him for rent money, or should i move in with him to save him the trouble?
sowi to say o but must you bill and moreova do u render any service 4 him dat u are preparin to bill him.....abegi dnt try 2 move in or ask 4 rent money....beta find sumtin worthwhile 4 urself and pay ur rent urself,if he gave u willfully then its an added bonus.
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by cdekj(m): 5:38pm On Nov 02, 2013
May God help us all from every 'Jezebel in rebecca" skin.
It is not a right for a guy to give you something.
Every sensible guy who knows the true value of his girl friend. The moment you start demanding. You have limited yourself.
That was how i bleeped a gal, and the next thing i heard was "hope you are ready for the expenses that would follow".
Omo na so i delete her quick quick. But not before i told her what was on my mind. So she doesn't miss her opportunity with the next unlucky[s][/s] sorry lucky guy.
She never asked about my dreams nothing, she was already counting her chickens.
Don't get me wrong, i am not the stingy type. I am a cheerful giver. Once i observe, and notice where you are lacking. I would gladly do the needful with all pleasure.
But if you assume that because limpopo is the in thing, and the song was made for me.
Then you are in for a rude awakening.
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 02, 2013

thats y i wish most guyz were casanovas,all this rubbish no for dey.and from the look of things,its like the op's bf is a submissive and 2 caring type.Girlz need guyz who are decisive in their opinion,guyz who dnt care(guyz who dnt give a fvck),guyz who have many gal-friends,guyz who women can not control anyhow.if u dey pet women 2much like baby,sori 4 u,d day she go dump u trowey e go be like DREAM.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With This Picture? / Lady Breaks Up With Her Cheating Boyfriend By Giving Him 'Goodbye Sex' / 20 FACTS About NIGERIAN Guys.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.