Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? - Romance (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? (42134 Views)

Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money / Asking Your Boyfriend For Money / Question To Ask My Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by joeekuns(m): 12:57am On Nov 02, 2013
[*FINALLY THE CURTAIN CLOSES.....END OF SHOW/TOPIC.*]
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Bpriest(m): 2:00am On Nov 02, 2013
Before fcking him. Ashawo grin
See your life.pathetic
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by mizzochocinco: 2:10am On Nov 02, 2013
So long a man has high expectations, don't expect anything lower in return. If a man believes sex before marriage is okay why should i be condemned for believing that he can provide for me before marriage. Men will always, tell each other to keep their expectations high, when a woman is expected to be content with whatever she gets.

You may place a label on the girl who expects material things in a relationship, but explain how she is different from a girl who believes the lies of every man who promises her the world, which she will never get. Just because you are content with the lies you are told every day does not make you any better.

Many women preaching about the morals they don't possess. the same women have been hoping from one guy to the other for years and for some decades, hoping to find the one that will tell her what she wants to here and live up to it. Why don't you put your own advise into practice before you through it another woman's face.

To those labelling me, how many of you have left your man for another who can provide better?

You have spent lots of money on looking good for men who only leave you for other younger inexperienced girls. For decades the self-respect and dignity you claim to possess has not given you a marry who is ready to marry you. You keep giving all you have but you cant even get loyalty in return.

If you promise the world, be ready to provide it.

3 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Ukamakam: 2:29am On Nov 02, 2013
[quote author=mizzocho.cinco]So long a man has high expectations, don't expect anything lower in return. If a man believes sex before marriage is okay why should i be condemned for believing that he can provide for me before marriage. Men will always, tell each other to keep their expectations high, when a woman is expected to be content with whatever she gets.

You may place a label on the girl who expects material things in a relationship, but explain how she is different from a girl who believes the lies of every man who promises her the world, which she will never get. Just because you are content with the lies you are told every day does not make you any better.

Many women preaching about the morals they don't possess. the same women have been hoping from one guy to the other for years and for some decades, hoping to find the one that will tell her what she wants to here and live up to it. Why don't you put your own advise into practice before you through it another woman's face.

To those labelling me, how many of you have left your man for another who can provide better?

You have spent lots of money on looking good for men who only leave you for other younger inexperienced girls. For decades the self-respect and dignity you claim to possess has not given you a marry who is ready to marry you. You keep giving all you have but you cant even get loyalty in return.

If you promise the world, be ready to provide it.[/quote
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by A40(m): 2:30am On Nov 02, 2013
mizzocho.cinco:
So long a man has high expectations, don't expect anything lower in return. If a man believes sex before marriage is okay why should i be condemned for believing that he can provide for me before marriage. Men will always, tell each other to keep their expectations high, when a woman is expected to be content with whatever she gets.

What do you bring to the table besides your ikpu? Sex is a two-way thing! You enjoy it and he enjoys it as well

You better change your way of thinking! In this day and age where women are in charge of some of the most powerful nations on Earth you are still here asking a nigga to pay for your rent cos he sh@gs you! Smfh

2 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by mizzochocinco: 2:31am On Nov 02, 2013
2legit2qwt: The right time to ask him for money is when you both get married. At that point, there will be bigger concerns if you're both living apart and paying rent is now a problem grin grin

That said, i think you need some azz whoping for asking this sort of question, he's your boyfriend, not your husband or sugardaddy. What' going on in Nigeria and the type of girls we now have in the society undecided
your girlfriend is not your mother or wife but i believe you will expect her to perform duties you believe your wife should be able to handle when you are married. Example a girl should be able to cook your meals, just the way you like them, and if she can't I'm sure you wont see anything beyond the fake " I LOVE Us" and the casual sex transpiring between the 2 of you.
Yes he is not my husband, but why shouldn't i see what he is willing to put on the table as a provider before i can consider him as someone i would want to have as a husband?

3 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by mizzochocinco: 2:36am On Nov 02, 2013
A-40:

What do you bring to the table besides your ikpu? Sex is a two-way thing! You enjoy it and he enjoys it as well

You better change your way of thinking! In this day and age where women are in charge of some of the most powerful nations on Earth you are still here asking a nigga to pay for your rent cos he sh@gs you! Smfh
and how many women have you left because they cannot be intimate with you? How many of these powerful women do you ridicule and claim that they belong at home with the kids?

2 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by mizzochocinco: 2:44am On Nov 02, 2013
SugaryBelle: I never knew Nigerian women are this pretentious,God forbid.
Much love dear op,you are always spot-on.
but let it be her friend who has just been cheated on, she will advice her to do something worse than killing him

3 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 3:04am On Nov 02, 2013
My dear....its past your bed time....go to bed
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by mizzochocinco: 3:16am On Nov 02, 2013
The same men claiming involving sex with money is shallow, yet 97% have paid one price or the other to get sex. If you go out at night to a bar or chilling lounge or other social gatherings, most of the men there will have the same motive, use their money to get sex, they don't see it as shallow, the call it being clever.

Some will lie about their financial status just to have their way with a woman and in most cases it will be to get in between her legs, its not called being shallow either. They are even praised for it. Point being when a man involves money with sex, its considered normal in society and some times women even play an accessory to it.

A man who cheats on a woman because he was no longer sexually attracted to her, is shown more pity than a woman who cheats because her sexual and emotional needs have not been met. One thing i noticed is that a woman would do anything to keep a good name, she will cohabit and claim that she has sex with him because she enjoys it, but we all know the real reason behind it is because you hope that he will see you as some one he can eventually commit to for the rest of your life.

You do not go all out to look good just to get a guy who can give you sex you can enjoy, you do it so that you can get a man who will be able to meet your high expectations. If its just for sex you enjoy, enlighten me on how you have turned down those nice gentlemen simply because they do not have an occupation your will be comfortable to brag about to your family and friends?

How many of your have blocked a guy's number after he made you pay the bill after he realised that he left his wallet at home or at work? You claim that you are independent and you have a high self-esteem, but how many of you after hitting 30 start trapping anything old enough to marry so simply because you don't want to be the sad women who spent the rest of her life alone, i guess the independence and self-esteem goes right out of the window then.

Some guys here will claim to be richer than Dangote, but the moment a girl suggests you go out on a date at a decent restaurant you will swear with all that you have within you. You will even accuse her of wanting to suck you dry. If you are as wealth as you portray yourself would a single dinner date suck you dry?

5 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Bpriest(m): 3:21am On Nov 02, 2013
You made some good points. But your question is hummmmm grin grin grin people don't like to hear the truth get used to that. There's no right time to ask ooo if you feel like asking, ask am if he feels like giving he will giv am .
However I hope you have a job oo? After the rent What's next ? Lotions? Panties? Car?
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by NIKKnJAZZ(f): 3:24am On Nov 02, 2013
Idowuogbo:
A lil harsh ko a lil brown ni!

I resemble persin wey dey marinade meat wiv butter? undecided

LMAO @ harsh ko brown ni

1 Like

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by A40(m): 3:26am On Nov 02, 2013
mizzocho.cinco:
and how many women have you left because they cannot be intimate with you? How many of these powerful women do you ridicule and claim that they belong at home with the kids?
Sex is not by force! I don't put a gun in any woman's face to have sex with me so I don't see your point really!

I can understand if you were an illiterate without formal education but I'm sure you went to school! That you wash his clothes or cook his food voluntarily doesn't mean he should pay your goddamn rent. Are you a cook or a maid? If its about the sex I might as well find a wusha at least that one no go ask me make i pay rent

All I'm saying is change your parasitic state of mind! 4 months in and you want him paying your rent? Just like that? Lool omo oro like me go don hit it and quit it then walk off like Big Papi
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by thoth: 3:54am On Nov 02, 2013
I sincerely think the OP is more realistic and more forthright than these hypocrites all over these forum trying to claim what they are not.
She has been putting forward sensible realistic life questions which are common and by statistics have higher occurrence and therefore a reliable base for one to formulate his actions on than majority of the people here whom are only trying to sound westernized or "seen it all" . i have not seen anyone reply his questions directly rather they throw about some insults and overused cliches which does not inform us any better.

I have only this to say to the OP as a man,

Don't ever make a request that is clearly too big for your man.
Wait till your gut tells you to make your move, you will know the right time to ask for anything.
Know that your boyfriend is a human being, a man, and there are certain expectations he has of you as a woman (whether what society thinks is right or wrong is not my concern),
You are in a game, there is no point being innocent about it, play your card well and you will get what you want.

here is my most important advice...never ask this sort of question in nairaland again, here is filled with fakes and people who wants to show off how oyibonised and superior they are than you.

i wish you good luck.

4 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Sunbellar: 4:15am On Nov 02, 2013
mizzocho.cinco:
The same men claiming involving sex with money is shallow, yet 97% have paid one price or the other to get sex. If you go out at night to a bar or chilling lounge or other social gatherings, most of the men there will have the same motive, use their money to get sex, they don't see it as shallow, the call it being clever.

Some will lie about their financial status just to have their way with a woman and in most cases it will be to get in between her legs, its not called being shallow either. They are even praised for it. Point being when a man involves money with sex, its considered normal in society and some times women even play an accessory to it.

A man who cheats on a woman because he was no longer sexually attracted to her, is shown more pity than a woman who cheats because her sexual and emotional needs have not been met. One thing i noticed is that a woman would do anything to keep a good name, she will cohabit and claim that she has sex with him because she enjoys it, but we all know the real reason behind it is because you hope that he will see you as some one he can eventually commit to for the rest of your life.

You do not go all out to look good just to get a guy who can give you sex you can enjoy, you do it so that you can get a man who will be able to meet your high expectations. If its just for sex you enjoy, enlighten me on how you have turned down those nice gentlemen simply because they do not have an occupation your will be comfortable to brag about to your family and friends?

How many of your have blocked a guy's number after he made you pay the bill after he realised that he left his wallet at home or at work? You claim that you are independent and you have a high self-esteem, but how many of you after hitting 30 start trapping anything old enough to marry so simply because you don't want to be the sad women who spent the rest of her life alone, i guess the independence and self-esteem goes right out of the window then.

Some guys here will claim to be richer than Dangote, but the moment a girl suggests you go out on a date at a decent restaurant you will swear with all that you have within you. You will even accuse her of wanting to suck you dry. If you are as wealth as you portray yourself would a single dinner date suck you dry?

It's obvious you are now winning this argument. I can realize the point you want to make. Your body is yours and you can sell it at a cost or give it freely which you can never do. You can now see that most of the girls here are free givers while you sell yours. The bottom line is that all of you are still in the same business. Most guys who are students can never prefer it at any cost but a guy who earns reasonable income will not see it as a burden. BTW, you may do well to tell us the cost of your rent to help us anchor our argument better.
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Sunbellar: 4:30am On Nov 02, 2013
bukatyne:

You left OP who wants to sell s.ex for house rent to ask moi?

Biko help a maid in distress!

Is she really in distress? I think it's her own approach to sex. No one eats her piece without a real cost and I felt you had similar views
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by ifeoluwadamilol: 5:32am On Nov 02, 2013
:oDon't tell me u ar serious about dis... U b handset wey b say d guy go dey load? dat shows u don't even av any value..na BOYFRND NO B ATM!!!
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by LordReed(m): 5:39am On Nov 02, 2013
@mizzocho.cinco

There is nothing wrong in asking for financial aid from someone you are involved with but it is just plain wrong to make it an exchange for sex. Any decent man you are involved with will be willing to aid you financially if he can and if you ask at the right time but if you present this "rent for sex" argument to him then you have just cheapened your relationship and made it a business arrangement.

If sex is precious to you and something you see as valuable then what stops you from waiting till you are married? Or even testing the man concerned to see if he would stay with you even if you are not giving it to him yet? I see sex as something very intimate, precious & pleasurable and something that both parties want not as a bargaining chip for some other thing.

If marriage is what you want, I believe you can iron such issues out without involving sex, the key is communication.

1 Like

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by 0monnakoda: 6:20am On Nov 02, 2013
What is he renting exactly
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by addictiv(m): 6:31am On Nov 02, 2013
While going thru this thread what came to my mind was thankGod I and my girl re ovet. She has a similar mentality with this poster.
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Orokita(m): 6:39am On Nov 02, 2013
I think you didn't ask the question properly... U lead people on!!! And the answer to ur question is pretty simplean I'm surprise people are throwing innsults at u sef. tongue
U want to know the right time to ask for money for rent, abi? My dear the answer Is WHEN U ARE MARRIED TO HIM!! Buh u cud ask him to assist u 'willingly' to settle PART of ur bills. Don't make it a MUST, don't go hoarding ur pu$$i on him cos of it too!!! Remember Life is SHORT!!! Use UR Brain #team sarcasm

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 6:42am On Nov 02, 2013
Don't mind them popes in here and don't ask your man neither. However, let him know you are beginning to save for your rent which will be due soon(give him sensible time frame). If he doesn't offer moral or pocket support, bring it up again in a few days time while continuing with your normal interaction with him.

If Daddy-me-tomorrow doesn't offer you any kind of support even though you are aware of his
capability, time for REASSESSMENT of your SITUATION cool

1 Like

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Ngokafor(f): 6:53am On Nov 02, 2013
mizzocho.cinco:

Dont listen to the broke guys insulting you,dealing with poverty is frustrating hence the venom being poured on you,they are so uncouth it's sickening!

.....as long your guy or any guy for that matter feels it's okay to expect their girlfriends do the 'wifely' stuff before marriage all in the name of looking out for a 'wife material',then a girl has the equal right to look out for a 'husband material' including financial security period!...so do whatever you feel will work for you ...any body pained can go jump off the cliff!

...as for the ladies insulting you as well...hypocrisy is written all over them cos they cannot swear that they've never collected a dime from their man or at least expected him to 'shake body'at some point in their relationship..nonsense!

1 Like

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Qc1(m): 6:57am On Nov 02, 2013
yomalex: Get a job and pay your own bills. Dare to be different, don't be a leech

..."Yours, is heaven in Jesus name". Amen. grin grin grin
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Ngokafor(f): 7:07am On Nov 02, 2013
thoth: I sincerely think the OP is more realistic and more forthright than these hypocrites all over these forum trying to claim what they are not.
She has been putting forward sensible realistic life questions which are common and by statistics have higher occurrence and therefore a reliable base for one to formulate his actions on than majority of the people here whom are only trying to sound westernized or "seen it all" . i have not seen anyone reply his questions directly rather they throw about some insults and overused cliches which does not inform us any better.

I have only this to say to the OP as a man,

Don't ever make a request that is clearly too big for your man.
Wait till your gut tells you to make your move, you will know the right time to ask for anything.
Know that your boyfriend is a human being, a man, and there are certain expectations he has of you as a woman (whether what society thinks is right or wrong is not my concern),
You are in a game, there is no point being innocent about it, play your card well and you will get what you want.

here is my most important advice...never ask this sort of question in nairaland again, here is filled with fakes and people who wants to show off how oyibonised and superior they are than you.

i wish you good luck.

..exactly my point too,infact you are one of the few realistic posters here...the rest na wash..
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by umar745(m): 7:10am On Nov 02, 2013
Self respect and a hymen is better than free rent. You don't believe me? Ask anybody with a brain
mizzocho.cinco:
You still have your girlfriends asking you to do them favours after they cook, clean or spend a good time with you, i believe the same label you are stamping on me is the exact same label you should be stamping on your girlfriend smiley

Men want a woman who can prove themselves worthy before they take her to the alter, a good cook and someone who can make him have a great time in bed, a good and hygienic wife and mother. why can't i have a man prove that he is a good provider before accepting to walk down the aisle for?

Does this mean women have to accept whatever comes their way, whereas women have to be put through some tests before they are considered to be wife material?
Food for thought
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by rman: 7:16am On Nov 02, 2013
The OP is way smarter than majority of the people responding to her post. You all don't understand her at all.

SHE IS ABSOLUTELY RIGHT TO ASK!

After reading a few of her comments I get it, I surprised 99% didn't.

All relationships including marriage is trade by barter, you give something to get something. Theer is nothing wrong if you cut through the chase and go straight to the point of what you want.

She even gave a few examples. To all those ladies calling her a LovePeddler, the term is equally applicable to you. No one, I repeat! No one sleeps with someone that offers them nothing, it may be money, time, affection etc

People even divorce because of lack of sex or babies.

So look critically and logically at your relationship and you will arrive at the same conclusion.

If ladies claim they have sex because they love and care, it is still because he is doing somethings right and satisfying some emotional needs. The moment he becomes a jerk in your eyes, will you still sleep with him?

A lot if ladies live way above their means, this lady asked an honest question, she wants rent and at what point should she ask? I don't have answers because I'm not a lady but all the hypocrites on this thread have failed.

Marriage o, boyfriend and girlfriend o, it is all trade by barter. I'm happy, the society has started throwing up more logical ladies like the OP. We can all pretend but the truth is what it is. 90% of the ladies here won't even hug a BF that forgets or didn't get them a gift on their birthday. Thats withdrawing your emotional attachment for a while because u didn't get something.

Emotional sentiments and societal expectations has made majority of the people zombies that can't decide for themselves.

Don't have sex on first date, don't cook until a few weeks, it is okay to sleep with him or her after proposal are just societal rules. You can conform and play by all these rules and still have a broken relationship. Or you can dare to be different and cut through the chase and ask for what you want straight up.

The OP is just being honest about her expectations, we should not judge based on our own sentiments and prejudice.

4 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 7:26am On Nov 02, 2013
lol.. I still blame it on upbringing and the poverty situation in Nigeria. Perhaps if the OP was from a comfortable well to do home, she wont be looking for one bf to pay her rent. She will either work and pay for or her own accommodation or stay in her parents or other family members house till she can afford one. But since she has got most of the basic necessities of life which she should have got from her parents from boyfriends, she thinks it's normal to also demand from rent for him. After all some guys have paid for her school fees and given her allowances in the past why cant her working boyfriend do the same now. She is just a dependent. Depending on a man for basic necessities of life. Necessities she can get herself or through a good support system. And she believes that in return for getting those necessities, she would give sex and cook and clean. In short she is both a prosti.tute, a cook and a maid all combined in one. What more can a guy ask for. grin Esp when u can afford it

6 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Ngokafor(f): 7:33am On Nov 02, 2013
rman: The OP is way smarter than majority of the people responding to her post. You all don't understand her at all.

All relationships including marriage is trade by barter, you give something to get something. Theer is nothing wrong if you cut through the chase and go straight to the point of what you want.

She even gave a few examples. To all those ladies calling her a LovePeddler, the term is equally applicable to you. No one, I repeat! No one sleeps with someone that offers them nothing, it may be money, time, affection etc

So look critically and logically at your relationship and you will arrive at the same conclusion.

If ladies claim they have sex because they love and care, it is still because he is doing somethings right and satisfying some emotional needs. The moment he becomes a jerk in your eyes, will you still sleep with him?

A lot if ladies live way above their means, this lady asked an honest question, she wants rent and at what point should she ask? I don't have answers because I'm not a lady but all the hypocrites on this thread have failed.

Marriage o, boyfriend and girlfriend o, it is all trade by barter. I'm happy, the society has started throwing up more logical ladies like the OP. We can all pretend but the truth is what it is. 90% of the ladies here won't even hug a BF that forgets or didn't get them a gift on their birthday. Thats withdrawing your emotional attachment for a while because u didn't get something.

Emotional sentiments and societal expectations has made majority of the people zombies that can't decide for themselves.

Don't have sex on first date, don't cook until a few weeks, it is okay to sleep with him or her after proposal are just societal rules. You can conform and play by all these rules and still have a broken relationship. Or you can dare to be different and cut through the chase and ask for what you want straight up.

The OP is just being honest about her expectations, we should not judge based on our own sentiments and prejudice.

..another smart and realistic poster,but it's not 90% of the female here but 99.9%..
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by LordReed(m): 7:35am On Nov 02, 2013
rman: The OP is way smarter than majority of the people responding to her post. You all don't understand her at all.

You are funny. So in your estimation the baby a wife gives her husband is equal to a car? Trade by barter my foot.

Giving and getting in relationship is not a trade. If you keep that mind set your home will never be a happy place especially when the challenges arrive and be sure they will. What happens when your co-tradee is unable to do certain things say like cook? I suppose you'll stop your own services abi? LoL.

1 Like

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by SugaryBelle(f): 7:38am On Nov 02, 2013

its so unfortunate,men like you are very few here.
kiss kiss
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Intelligentman(m): 8:04am On Nov 02, 2013
Keep on paying your bills to gain more respect from him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (24) (Reply)

When Pre-Wedding Picture Goes Wrong / Grandma Rocks A Teenage Boy At A Party / Kenyan Man Weds Lady Who Helped Him With Transport Fare 6 Year Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.