Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? (27078 Views)

AZONTO Is A Dancing Style From HELL / Bishop David Oyedepo Dancing Azonto (PHOTO) / Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Ukutsgp(m): 4:15pm On Nov 03, 2013
kachi09:
You don't get it, do you? Nothing is of the ordinary in this world,so with dance steps. These dance steps have their different origins, a dance solely dedicated to induce lustful desires and evil thoughts will never give God glory. You can't copy what they do in club houses and replicate in church,it is an error,we could as well bring the cigarettes in clubs to the house of God to smoke. You don't have to see it written in black and white to know what is wrong.
dnt mind those myopic and blind folks posting rubbish. The most painful thing are those suppose christians joining them to post trash and saying what they did nt know. I wonder if they are nt just mere church goers. A christian who cannot distinguish between right and wrong, good and evil is definitely lost.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Waspy(m): 4:16pm On Nov 03, 2013
SMH....Lord have Mercy undecided undecided cry
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by MicroBox: 4:18pm On Nov 03, 2013
Ukuts gp: Is like some people definitely does not know the difference between church and disco hall.

On sunday when you go to church, during the praises you will see people dancing Azonto and Makossa.
You will see young boys and girls rocking, dancing Azonto and makossa style.

I dont know why people who say they christians are dancing such worldly dance which are invented from the kingdom of darkness.
I cant even imagine myself dancing in such a manner. Cant a christian dance in a simple and godly way? Must it be Azonto and makossa which are satanic in origin?

Even those playing the musical instrument are not even helping matters, as they play all these worldly and ungodly makossa beats and sounds.

I almost want to tell one lady dancing that way close to me to stop dancing that way but i just control myself. I dont just like such dance, it is worldly. Or what do you think. Is dancing Azonto and makossa style proper in church? To me i dont like it. I dont know if i am the only one thinking that way. Thanks.
Abeg next week,carry your camera phone and record the exact type of dance you are talking about.
I reserve my comment

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by gtkay(f): 4:23pm On Nov 03, 2013
Whatever kind of dance the people of old danced was peculiar to their time...there is no specified kind of dance for xtians and the church as long as all is done in moderacy...some xtians just love complicating issues...pls can u tell me the kind of dance david danced?

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by okunboy: 4:23pm On Nov 03, 2013
It is simple: The same people u see in the party dancing azonto in the club on fridays & saturdays are the same people, you find on sundays dancing! They are no different pple! They are the same people! Just like someone once said: The best pple on earth doing the best things could be xtian, and the worst pple on earth sometime doing the worst things could be xtian also. The Best, The Bad and The Ugly! undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Bruno3000(m): 4:28pm On Nov 03, 2013
After d rapture has taken place, more horrifying dancing steps will characterise most churches. Do not b troubled op, "the Lord. Knows those that r His'" . End time spirit.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by toprealman: 4:36pm On Nov 03, 2013
Ukuts gp: Is like some people definitely does not know the difference between church and disco hall.

On sunday when you go to church, during the praises you will see people dancing Azonto and Makossa.

I dont know why people who say they christians are dancing such worldly dance which are invented from the kingdom of darkness.
I cant even imagine myself dancing in such a manner. Cant a christian dance in a simple and godly way? Must it be Azonto and makossa which are satanic in origin?

Even those playing the musical instrument are not even helping matters, as they play all these worldly and ungodly makossa beats and sounds.

I almost want to tell one lady dancing that way close to me to stop dancing that way but i just control myself. I dont just like such dance, it is worldly. Or what do you think. Is dancing Azonto and makossa style proper in church? To me i dont like it. I dont know if i am the only one thinking that way. Thanks.
What a boring sod you must be. FYI, king David in the bible must have done some radical dance for someone to consider him mad. What did God say and do in that situation? Thank God man is not God, if not mmmhhhh!

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by 2gbasky22(m): 5:05pm On Nov 03, 2013
Bro plssssssss can u kindly upload a video of hw we are supposed to dance in church. Cos seriously i rocked those dance steps today in in church and is was fun
maybe u should read about the story of David when the ark was brought back to Jerusalem.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Damilolaadunni: 5:08pm On Nov 03, 2013
Begino1: dancing unto the Lord is a good thing but what ever we do should be done according to God's will. the world should be copying from the church the good things of God but opposite is the case now. it's the church copying from the world nowadays, we are supposed to b the salt but we have lost our saltiness. may God lead us in the path of righteousness. amen.
1john 2:15-17......love not the world neither the things that are in the................
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by GentleMimi: 5:21pm On Nov 03, 2013
Let's be sincere here people! Most youths who dance to these dance steps do it to show off their dance talents.They do it to glorify ''themselves'' and not God! But if u are moved by the Spirit of The Most High to dance skelewu,who am i to object? Pride has become the order of the day for our youths.Going to chuch these days involves making a ''fashion statement''.I pray that God revives me and every other youth seeking Him!
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by afanide: 5:26pm On Nov 03, 2013
tintingz: And where in the bible Jesus said you should use instruments in the church to praise God, where did he(Jesus) said you should dance in the church? Where? I need verses smiley

You must b a member of JEHOVA' WITNESS.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 03, 2013
The point is, as a christian, you dont do worldly music or associate yourself with pop culture n the first place....as such, you wouldnt dance skelewu nor azonto in church.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Youngfrank: 5:36pm On Nov 03, 2013
ohh! yea...
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by ajayikayod: 5:43pm On Nov 03, 2013

@Op, really i hav heard about those steps but cant actually identify them if i see someone doing it (i think i m too old school).

Firstly, i m wondering how u r able to identify those dances if u dont dance it or programmed it in u too. Dt means u dont just hear d names, u kno d steps by watching d movies etc? or mayb u dance them (whether in church or not).

Secondly, issues of shaking body in church can results into lots of arguments but in simple words; as worshipers of God, God doesnt see, look or grade our dance steps watever they are, God looks at d heart, d reverence in worship. Its a spirit filled worship dt God deserves and ds should flow from inside (inner man) outward not d other way, because thr (in d spirit) is d place of worship.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Prodigalson1(m): 5:53pm On Nov 03, 2013
tintingz: Why are christians using David as an excuse to dance in the church, I thought christianity is all about chris-like did Jesus dance in the temple. Later they(christians) will tell us the Old testament bible is old law that the New testament bible is their new covenants #confusedFellows
gud evening sir, bt i hav to say dat u ar very dull sir. So because d bible didnt gv account of Jesus dancing in d church mean he didnt dance? Do ur bible give account of Jesus taking his bath, or Jesus using d toilet, or do ur bible gv a blow to blow account of what Jesus did in his days on earth. Jesus didnt dance bt David danced, i guess David is d child of d Devil.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 03, 2013
Ukuts gp:
You looked and looked untill her dance steps were begining to tempt you right? If you were focused on the reason(s) why you were at church, you wouldn't be concerened about such trivial things. If you don't like dancing in church, go to MFM or DCLM(deeper life). Thet don't dance there.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by afanide: 5:55pm On Nov 03, 2013
who are u to judge pple. How many of u knew d dance steps David danced? You dnt even knw if it was worst dan azonto. God didn't look at d steps, God saw his hrt. Was it not after he danced lyk a mad man dat he bcame KING? Had he not bieng dancing b4? Y was it after dis mad man dance he bcame king? Most of u do worst dan dis outside church. You tink sin is abominable only wen its committed outside in church? You're here Judging wht's good/bad cos God hs made u his CHIEF JUDGE ON EARTH.
Give us d CHURCH/HEAVEN APPROVED dancing steps then!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by bong4(m): 6:02pm On Nov 03, 2013

if you are really concerned with worshipping God, you wont have time observing others dancing how much more knowing the names of the dance steps. You must be practicing these dance steps secretly to differentiate one from the other.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Acidosis(m): 6:03pm On Nov 03, 2013
Vanneni: You looked and looked untill her dance steps were begining to tempt you right? If you were focused on the reason(s) why you were at church, you wouldn't be concerened about such trivial things. If you don't like dancing in church, go to MFM or DCLM(deeper life). Thet don't dance there.

Hmmn....

MFM? Don't even go there oo cheesy

Infact, they have one of the best choristers in Nigeria..
Talented & Dedicated instrumentalists..

They sing well, and they dance well..
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Ukutsgp(m): 6:03pm On Nov 03, 2013
ajayikayod:

@Op, really i hav heard about those steps but cant actually identify them if i see someone doing it (i think i m too old school).

Firstly, i m wondering how u r able to identify those dances if u dont dance it or programmed it in u too. Dt means u dont just hear d names, u kno d steps by watching d movies etc? or mayb u dance them (whether in church or not).

Secondly, issues of shaking body in church can results into lots of arguments but in simple words; as worshipers of God, God doesnt see, look or grade our dance steps watever they are, God looks at d heart, d reverence in worship. Its a spirit filled worship dt God deserves and ds should flow from inside (inner man) outward not d other way, because thr (in d spirit) is d place of worship.
u mean the spirit of God is d one propelling people to dance Azonto and makosa in church? Why are people even lying against d spirit of God. Someone will still smoke in church and u will say it is the spirit of God moving him.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Deschil: 6:09pm On Nov 03, 2013
Gbam!
Ukuts gp: dnt mind those myopic and blind folks posting rubbish. The most painful thing are those suppose christians joining them to post trash and saying what they did nt know. I wonder if they are nt just mere church goers. A christian who cannot distinguish between right and wrong, good and evil is definitely lost.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by tintingz(m): 6:11pm On Nov 03, 2013
yetseyi: I don t think dancing all these dances in church is good because almost every form of dance brings the attention of men to the hips of the ladies Would we say that God is being glorified in that case where the object of attention becomes the ladies hips and boobs whining and shaking to every step of dance they make. Have we ever wondered why some churches uses all instruments except the drums( drumset, gan gan and all forms of local drum)? The fact is any dance that distract peoples attention from the God you are supposed to be giving Glory to is not a Godly dance. If all these traditional women start them dance like this even my eyes will be on the shaking bum not to talk of a man that will look and his mind will begin to think what he ordinarily would not have thought about.

I read one Keneth hagins book and he gave an example of a woman that danced in the spirit while the sermon was on and if some one did not look in her direction you would not know she was dancing and she danced off about 2-3 inches of the sole of her shoe without making any noise and without distracting any one.

We had thanks giving in church today and I was pissed off when we were dancing and an usher at the front said oya youths azonto( meaning we shd dance azonto.

I really dont think the issue is if we should dance azonto in churches. It is if we should dance those dances at all either in the church or not. Why should a christain dance azonto in the first place?

Our traditional dances also do not help matters either, a Niger delta woman be clapping abo abo abo,and the bum will be shaking in response, A Yoruba also will dance and shake bum, infact there is hardly any traditional dance by female in which shaking of bum is not involved and then all attention is on the shaking bumbum not on God.

A lot of things have been introduced to the church, different forms of dances, even ballet dance that they would not wear legging under the very free skirt and by the time they whirl around you would almost be seeing undies and also back up singers dancing azonto on the alter and also strange choreography that doesnt look christain, It may look very normal but its abnormal. Gone are the days when people are touched and give their lives to christ during choir ministration. They have even started drumming to hymns to make them danceable just to shake body haba.

I think its high time we just sing only hymns jare
Those that worship him must do so in spirit and in truth and you can not worship In spirit with all these dances
100 Likes!

Now this what am talking about, a christian that knows what should done in the house of God.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Ukutsgp(m): 6:11pm On Nov 03, 2013
bong4:
if you are really concerned with worshipping God, you wont have time observing others dancing how much more knowing the names of the dance steps. You must be practicing these dance steps secretly to differentiate one from the other.
so when i am walking in d street i should be closing my eyes abi? So if u are in a place u would nt know what is going on around that place abi?
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Deschil: 6:15pm On Nov 03, 2013
May God forgive u.
aadejesu: Dancing is shaking your body, praising God with your body, we can see from the scriptures that David danced to the Lord with all his strength. And in the presence of God there is liberty, not liberty to sin or to engage in ungodly excesses, but to be everything and do everything for God's glory including dancing with all your might in the spirit, rejoicing, shouting. Don't let's be stiff and be in bondage to ourselves and to our brethren, there is liberty in the presence of God. Amennnnn.!!! Dance which ever dance you know to dance all for the glory of God, and if anyone condemn you, such is the Devils assistant because we know that he (the devil) is the accuser of the brethren.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by tintingz(m): 6:17pm On Nov 03, 2013
afanide:

You must b a member of JEHOVA' WITNESS.
I'm not a Jehova witness grin
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Acidosis(m): 6:21pm On Nov 03, 2013
People dancing in churches with various forms of secular dance steps such as Makosa, azonto, ethigi, etc are spiritually empty..

They have no atom of Holy ghost in them and as a result they are all bound to perish with the Devil and his angels..

A man filled with the Holy spirit will never come so low to the point of listening to Davido's Skelewu let alone copy, practise and rehearse his dance steps...

Its one of such vain things Satan used to replaced the Holy spirit in the mind of so called Christians especially the youths..

For those talking about David's dance steps..
I believe something came upon him and he began to dance uncontrollably...
He didn't even know what he was doing... all I know is the Holy spirit was at work at that point..

Today, what do we see? Rather than allow the Holy spirit take over our totality and the worship... Christians and Choristers now listen to Davido's skelewu on Saturday and then on Sunday they go to Church to use the same steps...

The devil has already captured over 90% of today's youth with social media, worldy music & movies...

We are in a very fragile world..about to perish due to our f00lishness & fickle mindedness...

I may not be pure but that doesn't mean I dont know the truth..

What is worth saying is worth saying well...

3 Likes

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 03, 2013
Acidosis:

Hmmn....

MFM? Don't even go there oo cheesy

Infact, they have one of the best choristers in Nigeria..
Talented & Dedicated instrumentalists..

They sing well, and they dance well..
Really. I thought most of what they do is pray. The few times I went there, they never danced. They only sang hymns and played the keyboard/piano.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Acidosis(m): 6:34pm On Nov 03, 2013
Vanneni: Really. I thought most of what they do is pray. The few times I went there, they never danced. They only sang hymns and played the keyboard/piano.

Yeah.. not sure they use drums..

But they make use of 1 or more keyboards, saxophones, trumpets, guitars, violin, flute etc..
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by GoodBoi1(m): 6:36pm On Nov 03, 2013
joeydozzy: So azonto and skelewu dances are now the problem?
Just last week, I saw a girl grinding on a guy's..... during praise and worship lipsrsealed
This must be a joke
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 03, 2013
Is playing key-board in the church written in the bible?!is using micro-phone written in the bible?is wearing suit written in the bible?is using guitar written in the bible?is using talk-drum written in the bible?is doing night vigil on friday written in the bible?@op if you can answer all these questions successfully then ur point makes sense but if u can't answer these questions then ur point is in-valid!!!
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 03, 2013
When u can show me where in d bible it is written that clapping originated from d church,den I cn stop dancing d above mentioned.
Who's d hypocrite here?..Me who's dancing to glorify my God or you who's busy condemning me..Matt 7;1 bro
I'd rada dance nd feel relaxed and revel in d fact dat I praised God 2 my hrt's content dan 2 hold myslef back all in d name of bin a christian.
My 5cents.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by GOC01: 7:02pm On Nov 03, 2013
I took time to read the comments n post on this thread n i noticed those who use insultive, abusive n derogatory language r those who r against the post. The guy only shared his view n he stands to be corrected (if he is wrong).

If am a neutral judge, n am to judge by ppl comments, honestly i will support the post, because most anti-post didn't end their argument without insulting personality.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Anglican Church Sacks 2 Priests In Abia Over Involvement In Homosexuality / "Shame To You" - Pastor Blasts Members For 'giving God N100 As Offering' (video) / How Prophet Christopher Owolabi Predicted The Leadership Of The 8th Nass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.