Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,376 members, 7,812,094 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? (36487 Views)

Is Purgatory In The Bible? / Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? / Catholic Purgatory: An Absolute Insult To Jesus Christ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by WongFeiHong(m): 7:11am On Nov 05, 2013
Purgatory is d biggest SCAM that hv ever been in d catholic doctrine.No one cn prove that purgatory exists.This doctrine hv been used to scare,cheat & extort catholics who bliv in these faith.Its an efffing pity.U sin & die,u burn in hell 4ever.

1 Like

Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by Syncan(m): 7:13am On Nov 05, 2013
Kei144: He. 12:22 But you have come to Mount Zion, to the heavenly Jerusalem, the city of the living God. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly,
He. 12:23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the judge of all men, to the spirits of righteous men made perfect,
He. 12:24 to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.

I think that there were some things that the early Church (led by Jews) knew that the Romans (gentiles) did not clearly understand when they took over leadership of the Church from the Jews. The Roman Church therefore began to teach doctrines that were corrupted. That is why I see the RCC as the first stage in the evolution of the gentile church. I do not condemn the church; I rather see it as how the gentiles started their Christianity.

The doctrine of purgatory seems to be one of those corrupted doctrines, by which I mean that there may have been a clearer understanding of what happens to spirits (souls) of dead saints (followers of Christ) while they rest in Paradise. Hebrews 12:23 may be alluding to that. We all know that no follower of Christ has yet attained perfection in the land of the living. It is only the followers of Christ that will participate in the rapture that must attain perfection here on earth (Eph 5:27). But Heb 12:23 describes spirits of dead saints already made perfect. The process of purging the spirits of dead saints of their imperfection may be what purgatory is all about. However, the process is definitely nothing like the RCC describes in their doctrine of purgatory.

Dear one, You read your scripture well, you drew a good inference which a lot of people are either ignorant of or refused to believe. However what you already see the catholic church as is still keeping you from the truth..."can any good thing come from Nazareth" says Nathanael, how wrong he was, when he encountered the lord. You found out that there must exist a process of purging, which no one else but Catholics agree to, yet you claim it is nothing like what Catholics say it is. Could you mind giving your own exposition of what it should look like and what is making the catholic own different?

Note: "Now that you have heard His word, harden not your heart"

1 Like

Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by mariyaizah(f): 7:14am On Nov 05, 2013
good morning all,well am catholic n am not here to judge what others might av said abt my doctrines,but there is purgatory..it is likened to hell but the difference is that there is hope in purgatory,there u r made clean bfor entering heaven..thats y catholics pray for all the souls so that they can be released from their pains n be granted eternal happiness...have a good day ahead
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by WongFeiHong(m): 7:17am On Nov 05, 2013
amara.lizzy%40y:
Bible said is appointd un2 man 2 die once afta death judgement follows. Notin lyk after death purgatory follows.

U r on point,Sweetness
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by kingk(m): 7:21am On Nov 05, 2013
obadiah777: hell is purgatory and purgatory is in africa as well as any place with negros. but africa is the main place ( ezekiel chapter 20 ). we are in hell whether you choose to believe it or not
Boarding British airways now, going to heaven.grin *if I hear*
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by chincent: 7:22am On Nov 05, 2013
I want to quote scripture from Good news version. 1 john 5 vs 16 to 17.
16" If you see your brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray to God, who will give him life. This applies to those whose sins do not lead to death, and I do not say that you should pray to God about that.
17. All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin which does not lead to death"

Ask your self what will happen if someone die and he committed a sin that does not lead to death, where do you think he will spend his eternity? He can't go to Hell because his sins are not unto death neither will he go to Heaven because nothing unclean shall enter Heaven. Where do you think this person will go?
3 John vs 13 to 14 " I have so much to tell you, but I do not want to do it with pen and ink. 14. I hope to see you soon, and then we will talk personally.
My friends, there things that are not written down in the Bible, purgatory might not be written down just like 25 December is not written also.
" I HAVE SO MUCH TO TELL NAIRALAND PEOPLE, WHICH CAN NOT BE WRITTEN DOWN HERE"

1 Like

Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by dnte(m): 7:23am On Nov 05, 2013
[quote author=obadiah777]yes there is. africa is purgatory. the wilderness that is. our purpose in africa is to get purged. from 70 AD up to the second coming.

b vry mindful of wat u say
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 05, 2013
hell does not exist and purgatory does not exist too.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by woky: 7:24am On Nov 05, 2013
Pipsland78:

This dude is really funny. Nowhere in the verses quoted is it suggested that any sin will be forgiven in the world to come. So how did he come about the idea of sins being forgiven in the afterlife?

People should stop assuming and misinterpreting the Bible .
read matt 12:32 with your senses and with out bias..
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by Deha(m): 7:28am On Nov 05, 2013
italo: If you have made up your mind, why are you asking?
Ask her o........Nairaland is just made up of kiddies Show!! And to think this made Frontpage......hmmm..smh!
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by woky: 7:31am On Nov 05, 2013
Wong Fei Hong: Purgatory is d biggest SCAM that hv ever been in d catholic doctrine.No one cn prove that purgatory exists.This doctrine hv been used to scare,cheat & extort catholics who bliv in these faith.Its an efffing pity.U sin & die,u burn in hell 4ever.
why ar u in pain?? And who ar u to judge??
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by godello: 7:32am On Nov 05, 2013
obadiah777: yeah you worship the virgin mary and you think you are right thinking ? lmao. deluded fellow
you must be a dolt to say that! Has anyboby ever told you that Mary is worshiped?
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by Deha(m): 7:40am On Nov 05, 2013
amara.lizzy%40y:
Bible said is appointd un2 man 2 die once afta death judgement follows. Notin lyk after death purgatory follows.
So,what happens after judgement?
Remember the Bible said that "NO SIN WILL GO UNPUNISHED"
Going by this statement,Moses couldnt have been in heaven then,cuz he disobeyed God and therefore was made unpure..Remember Angel Michaels dispute with the Devil? Remember the Devils contention? How do u think Moses was sanctified?
"Nothing impure will enter the Kingdom of God" You think God was joking when He said that? Use ur brain dear child!!
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by glamoureze(m): 7:43am On Nov 05, 2013
italo:

You surely have not read how God forgave David yet made him pay for the sin.
exactly. God forgave David and made him pay for his sins. so when David died. he'll still go to purgatory to pay again. haba our God is a merciful God nau
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by glamoureze(m): 7:48am On Nov 05, 2013
Deha:
So,what happens after judgement?
Remember the Bible said that "NO SIN WILL GO UNPUNISHED"
Going by this statement,Moses couldnt have been in heaven then,cuz he disobeyed God and therefore was made unpure..Remember Angel Michaels dispute with the Devil? Remember the Devils contention? How do u think Moses was sanctified?
"Nothing impure will enter the Kingdom of God" You think God was joking when He said that? Use ur brain dear child!!
I hope u pray for Gods understanding sha. what the bible meant by nothing umpure will enter heaven is that no matter how little your sin might be, it is enough to make u miss heaven. The moment you ask for mercy and u genuinely repent of your sins. God will forget those sins. Those things that happened to moses and David never happened after the coming of Jesus.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by SalC: 7:52am On Nov 05, 2013
ProfChris10: I am a witness to this, Paul was saying something similar in Rom7:15-24, but in 25 he finally understands the mystery of it all, and it was this same Paul that fought the good fight of faith, he was able to endure till death, the secret is in Christ Jesus, I'm a witness to this, I have tried my power to live righteous but it didn't work, one still finds himself doing what he doesn't like, but thanks be to God, through Christ, you become dead to sin, you no longer have the desires, even when temptation comes Jesus is able to keep us from falling. my point is that we should not put hope in a purgatory, pray God to keep you spotless and blameless, Christ is coming for a spotless and blameless church, without wrinkle. Sometimes the truth is bitter, Nothing unholy shall enter therein, How shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation. Though we all are entitled to our own believes. Stay blessed.
No one is aiming at purgatory for it is not even a permanent destination. It can even be regarded as a process instead of a place. As you rightly quoted Rev 21 v27 that nothing impure will enter heaven, with an open mind, study 1john5V16-17 to notice the group of sinners who you are expected to pray for, for the forgiveness of their sins. Also take a look at Heb12V22-24 for those who made heaven as God's first born whose names are written in heaven and those who entered as spirits of good people made perfect. Notice that the first group don't need to be made perfect but the second group are good but had to be made perfect. the process or place of making the second group perfect is what we call purgatory.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by kingk(m): 7:53am On Nov 05, 2013
chincent: " I HAVE SO MUCH TO TELL NAIRALAND PEOPLE, WHICH CAN NOT BE WRITTEN DOWN HERE"

Oga, you have nothing to say. Reasons, 25 december is an assumption not really the day christ was born, everything we needed to know as human has been written in this our own bible but we need an understanding of the word...........though I don't have time for details. SECONDLY, talking about SIN not unto death, OGA as a believer, when you commit that SIN, if you DIE you'll go HEAVEN........not PURGATORY nor HELL. Once again I say, there's NOTHING like PURGATORY it's either HEAVEN or HELL.

I'll like us to explore the examples of sin unto and not unto DEATH.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by Deha(m): 8:01am On Nov 05, 2013
JMAN05:

there is nothing like purgatory. It is not and cant be proven from the bible.
clap 4 urself!!
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by CaptainPlanet(m): 8:02am On Nov 05, 2013
vickyO: Nothing like purgatory. those Catholics like confusing themselves, that's why you see some of them drinking to stupor in their meetings and doing things that contradicts the doctrines of the Bible. they make themselves believe they can sin till they die and get corrected in purgatory before entering heaven. They are good for being united in the wrong set of doctrines and being blinded by it. better correct most of the dirty doctrines prevalent in your denomination before your behinds land in hades.
plz stop blabbin about wat yhu hav limited knowledge for...
Very soon d clock wil strike midnight nd yur eyes wil open.....continue protesting
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by SalC: 8:02am On Nov 05, 2013
Kei144: He. 12:22 But you have come to Mount Zion, to the heavenly Jerusalem, the city of the living God. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly,
He. 12:23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the judge of all men, to the spirits of righteous men made perfect,
He. 12:24 to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.

I think that there were some things that the early Church (led by Jews) knew that the Romans (gentiles) did not clearly understand when they took over leadership of the Church from the Jews. The Roman Church therefore began to teach doctrines that were corrupted. That is why I see the RCC as the first stage in the evolution of the gentile church. I do not condemn the church; I rather see it as how the gentiles started their Christianity.

The doctrine of purgatory seems to be one of those corrupted doctrines, by which I mean that there may have been a clearer understanding of what happens to spirits (souls) of dead saints (followers of Christ) while they rest in Paradise. Hebrews 12:23 may be alluding to that. We all know that no follower of Christ has yet attained perfection in the land of the living. It is only the followers of Christ that will participate in the rapture that must attain perfection here on earth (Eph 5:27). But Heb 12:23 describes spirits of dead saints already made perfect. The process of purging the spirits of dead saints of their imperfection may be what purgatory is all about. However, the process is definitely nothing like the RCC describes in their doctrine of purgatory.
You quoted a good passage from the bible. I suggest you keep an open mind, hopefully by the end of this discussion, your remaing doubt must have been cleared.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by unongu(m): 8:06am On Nov 05, 2013
Purgatory, is "the condition, process, or place of purification or temporary punishment in which, according to medieval Christian and Roman Catholic belief, the souls of those who die in a state of grace are made ready for heaven. Purgatory (Latin: purgatorium; from purgare, "to purge"wink has come to refer as well to a wide range of historical and modern conceptions of postmortem suffering short of everlasting damnation." While it is true that the word, as it is, does not appear in the Bible just as a number of other words that we hold sacrosanct today (e.g. the name ‘Bible' was also not found in the early preparation of the scriptures), a place where lesser sins are purged away and the soul eventually saved is mentioned in the Bible. The first mention of Purgatory in the Bible is in 2 Maccabees 12:46: "Thus he made atonement for the dead that they might be freed from sin." Granted that the book of Maccabees may not be in Protestant Bibles, but even if it cannot be used doctrinally then it at least has to have some historical worth. In it we can see what the pre-Christian community believed.
The following Bible references on the existence of Purgatory suffice:
"And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come." (Matt 12:32). Meaning that sins could actually be forgiven ‘in the age to come'.

"Amen, I say to you, you will not be released until you have paid the last penny." (Matt 5:26). Now, you will agree with me that in Heaven or Hell, no ‘last penny' is required or accepted, hence, there must be a third place where such last pennies are accepted. Purgatory.

"And the quality of each person's work will be seen when the Day of Christ exposes it. For on that Day fire will reveal everyone's work; the fire will test it and show its real quality. If what was built on the foundation survives the fire, the builder will receive a reward. But if anyone's work is burnt up, then he will lose it, but he himself will be saved, as if he had escaped through the fire". (1Cor 3:13-15). The ‘fire' is no doubt referring to Purgatory.

"...but nothing unclean will enter it, nor anyone who does abominable things or tells lies." (Rev 21:27). This refers to Heaven and the requirements for entering it.
As can be seen from the above Bible references, it is clear that, a place for temporary punishment after we die exists. God will reward or punish according to man's works.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by osmond2009(m): 8:17am On Nov 05, 2013
Why are u asking, so that u will keep consolidating in your sin. Repent and be saved heaven\hell is real
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by sixone: 8:21am On Nov 05, 2013
glamoureze: exactly. God forgave David and made him pay for his sins. so when David died. he'll still go to purgatory to pay again. haba our God is a merciful God nau

after paying for his sins he'll pay again after death. Guess he'll pay again after judgement and keep paying for that sin. #Rubbish.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by SalC: 8:21am On Nov 05, 2013
LIFE AND DEATH: I greet you friend, (SORRY, I MAY SOUND A LITTLE OUT OF PLACE BUT......)

I want to thank you for your time because the fact that you are reading this line means you have offered me your time.

As you are on the internet I urge u to be closer to any news or article about the building of the Temple in Jerusalem.
I just discovered the urgency about this. I have been hearing of bible prophecies being fulfilled, but I think the most shocking aspect of them yet is just about to be fulfilled.

Take time and visit this site: http://www.raptureforums.com/Signs/50reasons.cfm

Have you read about the 7yr peace treaty (covenant) to be signed between Israel and a certain world ruler, yet to be revealed. That treaty is about to be signed.

Read Dan 9:27 27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’[a] In the middle of the ‘seven’[b] he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple[c] he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.[d]”[e]

Why a peace treaty?

The answer should be clear: the Jews and the Arabs (predominantly Muslims), their neighbors, have been sworn enemies right from history, but let me quickly add that we will yet see real hostilities.
Know what? As you are reading this, the Jews are already in advanced stages of procuring furniture and materials for the new temple. Ask me where this temple will be located. The location will be at the exact point where the Muslim dome of the rock (second most important Islamic sacred places) is situated, at the TEMPLE MOUNT in Jerusalem.
As far as the Jews are concerned the dome must give way because that is where the original Solomon’s temple was and then the reconstructed temple by Nehemiah.
As zealous as the Muslims, are only over their dead bodies will the dome give way – note that there have been other serious political issues between these nations.
Pls try and imagine what “fire works” we are expecting. As it is now the whole world is focused on the middle east, and if you don’t know it yet, know now that the tone of world’s peace and security is determined by the fallouts of what is going on in that region.
Matt 24:6.7 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom……………

You can now see why the world rulers will consider it a necessity to somehow contrive a kind of peace treaty over there.
Immediately after the treaty signing, the world as we know it will enter its final 7 yrs. These are the years as covered in Rev4-19 also Dan 9:27 27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’[a] In the middle of the ‘seven’[b] he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple[c] he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.[d]”[e] And Matt 24:15-30 15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’[a] spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16 …............
…………29 “Immediately after the distress of those days
“‘the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’[b]
30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth[c] will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.[d] 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.
Just before all these begin to happen 1Thes4:16,17 and Matt 24:36-41 will be fulfilled. THE RAPTURE!!!!
1Thes4:16,17 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

Matt 24:36-41 36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

But, friend, this is where my worry is: As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. Matt 24:37-39

Do you notice the level of ignorance of people to these facts?!!!!!!

I gave my life to Jesus to avoid being caught unawares and left behind during the rapture. What about you?

To give your life to Jesus you must do the following:

Realise that you are a sinner by birth.
Realise that because of your sin you are condemned to perish in hell
Believe that Jesus died to save you from the consequences of sin (eternal death by hell)
Accept Jesus in your life as your lord and saviour by saying the following prayer:

Lord Jesus I thank you for giving me this opportunity to be saved. I’m sorry for all the days I have lived in sin. I ask you now to come into my life to be my lord and saviour.
Thank you lord for saving me. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

If you said the prayer above, then congratulations and welcome into the household of God. You are rapture ready.

SEND THIS MESSAGE ROUND
The happenings in the world today are simply proving what we already know will take place, let not your heart be troubled. Live in such a way that when the day of reckoning comes, you will not be found wanting, after all we are strangers here.

The great armageddon war will sure take place because of mount zion( the literal Jerusalem).
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by kingk(m): 8:22am On Nov 05, 2013
unongu: Purgatory, is "the condition, process, or place of purification or temporary punishment in which, according to medieval Christian and Roman Catholic belief, the souls of those who die in a state of grace are made ready for heaven. Purgatory (Latin: purgatorium; from purgare, "to purge"wink has come to refer as well to a wide range of historical and modern conceptions of postmortem suffering short of everlasting damnation." While it is true that the word, as it is, does not appear in the Bible just as a number of other words that we hold sacrosanct today (e.g. the name ‘Bible' was also not found in the early preparation of the scriptures), a place where lesser sins are purged away and the soul eventually saved is mentioned in the Bible. The first mention of Purgatory in the Bible is in 2 Maccabees 12:46: "Thus he made atonement for the dead that they might be freed from sin." Granted that the book of Maccabees may not be in Protestant Bibles, but even if it cannot be used doctrinally then it at least has to have some historical worth. In it we can see what the pre-Christian community believed.
The following Bible references on the existence of Purgatory suffice:
"And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come." (Matt 12:32). Meaning that sins could actually be forgiven ‘in the age to come'.

"Amen, I say to you, you will not be released until you have paid the last penny." (Matt 5:26). Now, you will agree with me that in Heaven or Hell, no ‘last penny' is required or accepted, hence, there must be a third place where such last pennies are accepted. Purgatory.

"And the quality of each person's work will be seen when the Day of Christ exposes it. For on that Day fire will reveal everyone's work; the fire will test it and show its real quality. If what was built on the foundation survives the fire, the builder will receive a reward. But if anyone's work is burnt up, then he will lose it, but he himself will be saved, as if he had escaped through the fire". (1Cor 3:13-15). The ‘fire' is no doubt referring to Purgatory.

"...but nothing unclean will enter it, nor anyone who does abominable things or tells lies." (Rev 21:27). This refers to Heaven and the requirements for entering it.
As can be seen from the above Bible references, it is clear that, a place for temporary punishment after we die exists. God will reward or punish according to man's works.

Oga... You're just assuming ok, there's nothing like purgatory........... "And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come." (Matt 12:32). Meaning that sins could actually be forgiven ‘in the age to come'
From this scripture you quoted,........ Also remember that Whosoever christ has set free, he/she is free indeed. So forgiveness can only be obtain while we're alive, after death judgement

After death, no more forgiveness even in the world to come.

1 Like

Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by salvarhymes: 8:24am On Nov 05, 2013
italo:

You will see more options if you can answer these questions honestly and clearly.

1. Does anyone suffer loss or pass through fire in heaven?

2. Is anyone saved in hell?

3. Are sins forgiven in heaven or hell?
[color=#000099][/color]

my dear, let me tell u guys what u dnt knw. In catholicism, purgatory exists but in Christianity it doesn't exist. Nw, i knw u r a little confused if the two religions r different. D ansa is yes. Jst make some research 4 urself. It is nt enough to bliv whatever u r told in church. D catholic worship is different frm Christianity jst like we hav Buddhism, voodooism, etc. In Christianity, it is either heaven or hell and both of dem exists bt nt in dis earth. Hebrew 9:27 says it is appointed unto man to die once, after that comes judgement. There is no grace or repentance after death. D only time som people wil b granted d grace to make up their ways is after d first rapture. And, that grace is jst for those our fore-fathers who didn't hear d gospel of Christ at all. It is nt 4 u and i who knw d truth bt refused to listen. So, if u wanna knw everytin, add me on fb @ ubogu salvation. Or 08135195815

2 Likes

Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by Lilimax(f): 8:32am On Nov 05, 2013
obadiah777: i am a multitasker. i manage two duties. am a mod and a troll grin grin
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by Lilimax(f): 8:36am On Nov 05, 2013
donezra: As for the issue of purgatory, We all know it wasn't mention in the Bible. Yes Purgatory wasn't mention in the Bible.
But it exist. lemme proof it.

2 Macabees 12:46.
It says it is a holy and homsome thought to pray for the dead so that they may be loosed from sin.

The question now is; if someone dies and go to heaven, will there be need for this prayer? I guess NO cuz he is without sin that's why he is in heaven.
Another question. If someone dies and goes to hell, will there be need for this prayer. I think no cuz his sins can't be forgiven in hell.
It is only in this place called Purgatory that his sins can be purged away. It has no specific duration how long you will have to stay there. It is by our prayer that there souls are librated.
That was the significance of the All Souls day which was celebrated on Saturday.
There is no repentance in the grave.
After death comes judgement...
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by mavister(m): 8:36am On Nov 05, 2013
Hello all..
This issue of purgatory is a very serious and delicate one as many are confused and have been led away from the truth.
Now the big question is what is purgatory
According to the catholic doctrine, purgatory is a place, probably a geographical space in the spiritual realm where wrong doers (people who commited little sins in their life time here on earth) are kept temporarily and retributed for their sins for a period of time before they are now sent to heaven. Having understood what purgatory means, i'd like to expantiate clearly on this.
Now we all go to church and as such we cant say we are ignorant of God's word.even if we are, we have a conscience to know what is good and bad and avoid the bad. Our God is no respecter of persons, age, status etc. And as such no sin is too big or small in the eyes of God. Now God is not a man and the way we look at sin is not the way God looks at sin. We humans tend to classify sins under big and small sins but the almighty God generalizes sins and even a small lie has same gravity as murder. That is God for you. Secondly, if you believe in this doctrine of purgatory, that means u are indirectly saying that God counts small sins and counts big sins as different and dishes out different punishment to the doers. Let me tell you this, purgatory is not biblical and is just a human ideology in a bid to justify thier inability to live a wholly life void of sin.. This doctrine is one believed by the weak man who hasnt recieved the touch of God fully. I believe if u are sanctified and holy-ghost filled., u will know better..am not condeming anyone here neither am i speaking from a biased mind but all am saying is that purgatory has no scriptural proof watsoever..i once asked a vibrant catholic friend to show me where it is in d bible or somtin relating to purgatory but he could not. But went on saying that there is purgatory..well in dat case .i didnt arfue with him. I just kept praying for God to open his eyes..i have seen catholics to be very bent people to their doctrines and without changing it.not even in their minds and this is quite tru...but let me leave you all with this last words... YOU AND I KNOW THERE IS HEAVEN AND HELL EVEN IF U BELIEVE IN PURGATORY, U KNOW THIS IS TRUE. U AND I KNOW SIN IS WRONG AND CAN TAKE U YO HELL.. YES YOU KNOW THAT. YOU AND I KNW THAT HEAVEN IS A PLACE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE SINLESS. YES U KNOW THAT..NO SINEER WILL ENTER THERE.. NOW WHAT IF IT HAPPENS THAT U LIVE A WHOLLY HOLLY LIFE WITHOUT DELIBRATE SIN AND U SERVE GOD AND THEN U DIE, IF U FIND OUT THERE IS NO PURGATORY, AND U END UP IN HEAVENM, U WOULD HAVE LOST NOTIN BUT GAINED ETERNAL LIFE..BUT ON THE OTHER HAND, IF U BECAUSE OTHERS ARE BELIEVING THERE IS PURGATORY AND U JOIN THEM AND U SAY WELL SMALL LIES DONT MATTER AND U COMMIT 'SMALL SINS' AND THEN U DIE AND DISCOVER THERE IS NOT PURGATORY, WHERE DO U THINK U WILL END UP IN? ANSWER THAT FOR YA SELF..COS IF U END UP IN HELL IT IS FOREVER.. WITHOUT END..PLEASE BE WISE. THNK YOU ALL
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by woky: 8:37am On Nov 05, 2013
salvarhymes: [color=#000099][/color]

my dear, let me tell u guys what u dnt knw. In catholicism, purgatory exists but in Christianity it doesn't exist. Nw, i knw u r a little confused if the two religions r different. D ansa is yes. Jst make some research 4 urself. It is nt enough to bliv whatever u r told in church. D catholic worship is different frm Christianity jst like we hav Buddhism, voodooism, etc. In Christianity, it is either heaven or hell and both of dem exists bt nt in dis earth. Hebrew 9:27 says it is appointed unto man to die once, after that comes judgement. There is no grace or repentance after death. D only time som people wil b granted d grace to make up their ways is after d first rapture. And, that grace is jst for those our fore-fathers who didn't hear d gospel of Christ at all. It is nt 4 u and i who knw d truth bt refused to listen. So, if u wanna knw everytin, add me on fb @ ubogu salvation. Or 08135195815
funny you
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by Lilimax(f): 8:37am On Nov 05, 2013
Sunny nedu: purgatory of a thing is a full package of deception and blainwashing,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Warns Comedians: Don't Joke With Men Of God! / Pastor Richmond Leigh Is Dead / Father Mbaka Warns Judges Over Cultism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.