Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,045 members, 7,956,892 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:46 PM

A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married (28600 Views)

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / Can't We Just Get Married Without Involving Families? / For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 27, 2013
guys do you think the way a lady dresses and her make up can also be a factor to consider wen you need suitors to come ur way
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 27, 2013
mrsincredible: guys do you think the way a lady dresses and her make up can also be a factor to consider wen you need suitors to come ur way

Ofcos, if u dress/make up as a pros, guys would only admire u and wants to get down to see what u got down there. No thought for anything else e.g. for keep. But if u dress responsibly, tell me, which guy on earth wouldnt want to settle down wit a responsible and well dressed lady? It's a simpe logic!
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Jessica39: 11:52pm On Nov 27, 2013
Please my people,I need ur advice.i have bf but already married to Ghana woman but he from Nigeria and this woman already marry to someone b4 and had six children but lost is first husband.am in this relationship for 5year without this man propose to me,I left him and meet another man,who propose but not finacially ok but am content.only problem with him is seeking advice from outside and is family to control is home,anytin happen at is house he will inform is family first b4 is wife and now he start changeing is behaviour toward me and we have one daugther together.now EX is trying to come back and even ready to pay my pride prize.please my brother and sister should I go back to EX because the one I give my heart and have daughter with is changeing or should I do what?I need ur advise.Please No Insult.
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 6:28am On Nov 28, 2013
Jessica39: Please my people,I need ur advice.i have bf but already married to Ghana woman but he from Nigeria and this woman already marry to someone b4 and had six children but lost is first husband.am in this relationship for 5year without this man propose to me,I left him and meet another man,who propose but not finacially ok but am content.only problem with him is seeking advice from outside and is family to control is home,anytin happen at is house he will inform is family first b4 is wife and now he start changeing is behaviour toward me and we have one daugther together.now EX is trying to come back and even ready to pay my pride prize.please my brother and sister should I go back to EX because the one I give my heart and have daughter with is changeing or should I do what?I need ur advise.Please No Insult.

Why not try open a fresh thread? I think that would help u gather candid advice from numerous folks. Gudluk!
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 28, 2013
Jessica39: Please my people,I need ur advice.i have bf but already married to Ghana woman but he from Nigeria and this woman already marry to someone b4 and had six children but lost is first husband.am in this relationship for 5year without this man propose to me,I left him and meet another man,who propose but not finacially ok but am content.only problem with him is seeking advice from outside and is family to control is home,anytin happen at is house he will inform is family first b4 is wife and now he start changeing is behaviour toward me and we have one daugther together.now EX is trying to come back and even ready to pay my pride prize.please my brother and sister should I go back to EX because the one I give my heart and have daughter with is changeing or should I do what?I need ur advise.Please No Insult.
leave them both
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
mrsincredible: guys do you think the way a lady dresses and her make up can also be a factor to consider wen you need suitors to come ur way
Yes, but funny enough....men are confused at times cheesy cheesy....and to be honest with you, most guys of today want:

A girl who looks like a bitch, acts and behaves like a nun....so don't dress too saintly cool....don't dress too wild or flashy lipsrsealed...just dress attractive and not provocative....and don't be too cold...make him miss your presence when you aren't around....by being lively...but don't be a talkative...but be a play cat wink....be fun, friendly...bitchy...yet reasonable.

Don't ask a guy for money directly...you can share your problem politely when you guys are in happy mood and let him offer financial help...but dont make it his priority to fund all your life affairs just cos he is your boyfriend...if you do, you may scare him away without knowing.

If you must ask him for money, make sure its not always or make sure it isn't a recurrent expenditure like that of our FG shocked shocked shocked

Don't give any guy you are dating MONEY! If he is a serious-minded guy with his pride and dignity in place, he will never ask you for MONEY! Its uncalled for...but if you see something lacking that u can help him with, just offer to help but don't go giving him money like its your duty.

Most importantly, show more concern over his growth in- his business, job, trade, handwork, etc....and if u have vital info or anything that can help him advance or grow in whatever that he does for a living, pls share with him...just show concern that u want him to succeed financially and not that u want him to spend...and believe me, he will surely propose in due time.

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 28, 2013
Many guys love seeing ladies in cute gowns....so if you are ready and planning to hook up a guy for marriage, try wearing gowns more...not the Mary Amaka gown o shocked shocked shocked....cute, short and decent gown.

If I tell you what most guys think when they see a cute lady in a cute gown eh wink....you will start wearing gown everyday...

Jeans, tight-fitting trousers and leggings don't usually make guys think towards commitment...rather think more about sex...so don't always wear such....especially during working days and hours smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 29, 2013
gowns are very tricky to wear cos sum of dem can make u look slutty
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 29, 2013
pls can any1 pls help out with placces a lady can go to nd mingle with serious minded men.......... nd is it ok to flirt with a guy u like
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by 4tunebest(f): 10:06am On Nov 29, 2013
Is it necessary for you to flirt with a guy you like? Please have some self respect. No offence intended
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 29, 2013

It matters. The best is to be yourself. There's someone out there, that will accept and love you just the way you dress together with you packaging.
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 29, 2013
mrsincredible: pls can any1 pls help out with placces a lady can go to nd mingle with serious minded men.......... nd is it ok to flirt with a guy u like
If you live in any of these Nigerian cities: Lagos, Abuja, PH, Owerri and Enugu....I don't think you will find it hard to see guys to mingle with...unless you stay in Borno, Yobe, Gombe shocked shocked....etc....

Abuja: you will have lots of men to mingle with, but unfortunately most will be married or just looking for fun cos most men resident in Abuja don't usually take ladies living in Abuja serious...they usually see them as hustlers and not good for marriage, hence, guys don't always like to search for a spouse around Abuja, sadly though cry cry

Lagos: This is probably the best Nigerian city where you will stand greater chances of meeting a suitor as a single lady...where to go Come on, dress cute, decent and attractive....don't forget the magic of cute knee-cut gowns....avoid Shoprite grin grin...try going to eateries for lunch alone....don't go in company of any friend...depends on the area you are....reply if u want more tips...

Port Harcourt: Hmm....bad girls have infiltrated the city and gave it bad name such that men hardly go there to search for suitors.....average Naija guy see PortHarcourt girls as runz girls.....and expensive girls....sadly. But you can still find a suitor there...I can't be entirely correct.

Owerri: The home of Oringo cheesy cheesy....the home of beautiful girls in Nigeria shocked shocked shocked.....due to high concentration of higher institutions in the small but mighty town of Owerri, there seem to be uncountable number of very beautiful girls in Owerri...and hence, it has become a relaxation target and vacation destination for many men of the upper class.....who troop into the city on weekends to catch fun.....hotels in Owerri hardly get free rooms on weekends- from All Seasons, to Concord, to Modotels, To Low Down, To just name it....everywhere is party time in the city of Owerri on weekends, so to catch men of cash and caliber in Owerri is very easy if you are beautiful and knows how to dress...but please put your guards on while you flirt.

Enugu: Another hot city when it comes to beautiful girls....but that's after Owerri....

Ibadan: Iwoh road....hmmmm.....Basorun road....there are men of upper class here too but most are married....and will most likely marry within their circle of friends and family recommendation....but you can give it a try....

I have given you enough tips...but if you want more....let me know.....indicating your city of residence if possible for better suggestion....don't worry, God sees your heart and as you desire it without shame, you will sure get it but please try and also develop good character to hold him down when he comes around soonsmiley

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 29, 2013
mrsincredible: ......... nd is it ok to flirt with a guy u like
It is okay...but don't chase a Nigerian guy if u want a serious thing with him....u can flirt with him decently...bait him...but pls don't go toasting him openly like they do here on those nairaland threads o...that's for high school girls and boys still out to catch fun....but as a lady looking for life commitment, be yourself, develop good character, be neat, dress cute and attractive cos men are attracted to what they see first wink....and then discard all negative mindset...but in all, be real, fun and lively to be with, then avoid going to the wrong places, thats all smiley

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 29, 2013
4tunebest: Is it necessary for you to flirt with a guy you like? Please have some self respect. No offence intended

fliting is not a bad thing unless wen every guy sleeps with u
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 29, 2013
DailyNews: If you live in any of these Nigerian cities: Lagos, Abuja, PH, Owerri and Enugu....I don't think you will find it hard to see guys to mingle with...unless you stay in Borno, Yobe, Gombe shocked shocked....etc....

Abuja: you will have lots of men to mingle with, but unfortunately most will be married or just looking for fun cos most men resident in Abuja don't usually take ladies living in Abuja serious...they usually see them as hustlers and not good for marriage, hence, guys don't always like to search for a spouse around Abuja, sadly though cry cry

Lagos: This is probably the best Nigerian city where you will stand greater chances of meeting a suitor as a single lady...where to go Come on, dress cute, decent and attractive....don't forget the magic of cute knee-cut gowns....avoid Shoprite grin grin...try going to eateries for lunch alone....don't go in company of any friend...depends on the area you are....reply if u want more tips...

Port Harcourt: Hmm....bad girls have infiltrated the city and gave it bad name such that men hardly go there to search for suitors.....average Naija guy see PortHarcourt girls as runz girls.....and expensive girls....sadly. But you can still find a suitor there...I can't be entirely correct.

Owerri: The home of Oringo cheesy cheesy....the home of beautiful girls in Nigeria shocked shocked shocked.....due to high concentration of higher institutions in the small but mighty town of Owerri, there seem to be uncountable number of very beautiful girls in Owerri...and hence, it has become a relaxation target and vacation destination for many men of the upper class.....who troop into the city on weekends to catch fun.....hotels in Owerri hardly get free rooms on weekends- from All Seasons, to Concord, to Modotels, To Low Down, To just name it....everywhere is party time in the city of Owerri on weekends, so to catch men of cash and caliber in Owerri is very easy if you are beautiful and knows how to dress...but please put your guards on while you flirt.

Enugu: Another hot city when it comes to beautiful girls....but that's after Owerri....

Ibadan: Iwoh road....hmmmm.....Basorun road....there are men of upper class here too but most are married....and will most likely marry within their circle of friends and family recommendation....but you can give it a try....

I have given you enough tips...but if you want more....let me know.....indicating your city of residence if possible for better suggestion....don't worry, God sees your heart and as you desire it without shame, you will sure get it but please try and also develop good character to hold him down when he comes around soonsmiley
true and guys in abuja go for expensive ladies only
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
@daily news pls go wider on the places. is church etc?
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 29, 2013
mrsincredible: @daily news pls go wider on the places. is church etc?
Unfortunately, Nigerian guys no longer fancy looking for a spouse in Church....in fact, most guys nowadays see Church as the worst place to look for a wife...maybe due to bad history, I can't just tell. Nevertheless, some guys still prefer to find spouse within the Church setting....but the Nigerian single ladies need to do sth to restore that passion guys used to have in searching for a wife in church smiley

Like I said earlier...going to eatery places alone for lunch is a good idea...dress lovely...find a cool spot and just relax and eat your lunch gently...remember, don't go with a friend anytime you want to have a male company cheesy cheesy

If you have a car....learn to intentionally avoid it at times and maybe go on public trans wink Guys find it more enjoyable and free to approach a girl on leg than one on ride...in fact, most guys will even conclude b4 approaching u that u have a serious date/hubby/relationship, hence, leaving u with the playboys and gigolos looking for rich sugar mummies or girls to spend on them.

So to say, in Nigeria, drving a car as a single lady with no serious date is more of a disadvantage than advantage...if u own a car as a single lady and by any means, minimize d number of times u drive urself unless u dnt really care abt getting a serious-minded guy for a future-bound affair. But that doesn't mean a single lady that drives in Nigeria won't get toasters, of course she will...but

Guys always feel romantically inclined when travelling....and if you play your card well....you may land a good guy while travelling grin grin

Hey, I know Nigerian ladies hate football....try spotting a cool soccer viewing center (remember, most guys don't like watching a football match in their homes....the fun is with your fellow fans cheesy cheesy) and maybe on your spare time, try going there to watch a popular football match....feel free....don't go there drinking star or stout o cheesy cheesy....concentrate on the match and enjoy it...do it with time and watch out....most guys would take you serious than when they meet you elsewhere....

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 02, 2013
hello every1. please if a car should stop in front of u are u to walk to the guy inside or he shld come and meet u?
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by ifyalways(f): 9:41am On Dec 03, 2013
8 pages and 17K plus views. Good to know that beyond all that marriage-is-not-for-me facade,we actually want to get married.Male and female. cheesy

mrsincredible: hello every1. please if a car should stop in front of u are u to walk to the guy inside or he shld come and meet u?
I don't know about you but in my days,I wait for the driver to come down oh. That way,I can do a quick on-the-spot check afterall, he already checked me out,head to toe before he decided I'm worth his time.

This is 2013 and im an old mama now,I don't know how things work now. undecided Eitherways,don't be to eager or excited to jump into a car. If he can stop,then surely he can walk down,introduce himself a bit,small talk .

BTW,I love your sincere stance on this thread. You keeping it real.Me Likey likey kiss
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 03, 2013
ifyalways: 8 pages and 17K plus views. Good to know that beyond all that marriage-is-not-for-me facade,we actually want to get married.Male and female. cheesy

I don't know about you but in my days,I wait for the driver to come down oh. That way,I can do a quick on-the-spot check afterall, he already checked me out,head to toe before he decided I'm worth his time.

This is 2013 and im an old mama now,I don't know how things work now. undecided Eitherways,don't be to eager or excited to jump into a car. If he can stop,then surely he can walk down,introduce himself a bit,small talk .

BTW,I love your sincere stance on this thread. You keeping it real.Me Likey likey kiss
tanx dear u can also tell me some tips.

the reason why i asked is that a car just passed me to the front wen i was trekking but i dint turn my face so i wont too desperate he later left
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by charismatic1(f): 5:27pm On Dec 09, 2013
Godshand:

I just checked ur profile, 1st, this is the first and only post u've made on nairaland & u're more than a month old here. 2ndly, ur location says US, if true, are u linking us with white ladies or american based black ladies? 3rdly, u gathered boldness to post this cos the op was bold enough to start it, if i may ask, why were u shy to start it when u knew u could do this? Why do u wanna link other ladies up when am sure u urself is not yet linked up? Why d specifications i.e. doctors, engineers etc? Answers pls cos dis might be why they are still singles?

Thanks Mr Godshand for your comment.
First of all,i want you to know that i am a very busy person,so little or no time do i have to read and comment on posts,it just happened that i was captivated by the topic and i seized the opportunity at the time.To get answers to your questions,i'll like to give summarised answers.I think it is unfair for you to assume wrongly,try and always get facts before concluding 'cos you do not know who i am,where i live/if i am engaged or not.Most of the ladies i know are in these professional fields,however,they might not be restricted to other professions which i cannot be typing all,but most professions encompass or falls into these categories of the fore above mentioned....Also,everyone has preferences like you do,so chosing a man/woman is by choice and that choice lies in us as individuals.Whatever ones choice(s) is or are does and doesn't determine one's singleness, and mind you choice(s) changes in the process.I'm not a matchmaker but i can only tell where these ladies can be found if you're interested(church,place of work,seminars,talk shows,lecture rooms,labs,libraries,cinemas but not roaming about the whole place...etc).It is also important to pray and let God when insearch of a life partner.
Lest i forget,this is a Nigerian forum,so i'm not referring to 'white ladies or American based black ladies' as you said but all Nigerian ladies home and abroad.I hope this answers your questions.Feel free to ask what is yet unclear to you.I hope to be more available as time goes on.
Cheers smiley
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by charismatic1(f): 5:54pm On Dec 09, 2013
intrepid: Lets talk then.How do we see?No jokes.

Hello Intrepid
Send me an email if possible.
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 10, 2013
charismatic1:

Hello Intrepid
Send me an email if possible.
hope to be ur bridesmaid

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 10, 2013
if u have any article please dont forget to share
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 11, 2013
Meet new guys. Before you get a boyfriend, you’ll have to meet some guys. You can try and get into a relationship with a guy you already know or you can go out and meet some new guys. This is easy and fun to do, so don’t be nervous!

Join a club, community class, or activity group. You can play a sport you like, take an art class at your local community center, or join a bible study group. Find something that appeals to you and you will instantly be meeting people that you have something in common with.
Go out to clubs (adult or all-ages clubs, depending on what you prefer) and start talking with new people there. Just be careful and practice common sense.
Find a group on the internet which appeals to you. This can be a fan forum for a show or activity you like or maybe a multiplayer video game which you find fun.
Get to know them a bit. Once you initially meet someone, get to know them a little bit before deciding that he is totally your next boyfriend. You can’t judge someone entirely on how they look. Try to gauge if they meet your minimum requirements for someone to date.

Is he funny? Smart? Nice? Decide what is important to you and gauge these things during your initial conversation. If he seems totally different than what you’re looking for, it’s not worth it just because he’s hot.

Make sure they aren't taken. If he already has a girlfriend, it's best to move on because imagine the other girl's feelings.This is helpful to him, to yourself, and the person he’s dating. You wouldn’t want someone to do that to you so don’t do it to them.
Find out what other people think of him. Ask around about what this guy is like. If his friends, especially his female friends, seem honestly happy about the idea of him being in a relationship, that is a good sign. Ask mutual friends about what they think about him and try to get to know his friends or coworkers as well.

Ads not by this site
EditMethod 2 of 5: Develop Your Friendship

Take it slow. Don't rush or crowd your new friend. But remember if he doesn't like you for who you are then don't spend time trying to get him go find someone else to be your boyfriend. Don't hope he'll be your boyfriend right a way give him time and get to now each other. Hang out and talk every once in a while to begin with, then start hanging out more often. Give each other space. Usually, if you hit it off really well and have a lot of fun together, the friendship will tend to automatically grow into more frequent visits. Try not to be that girl who looks too desperate: you don’t need to decide that he is your future husband within the first week of meeting him.
Show him you’re different. Just remember to be yourself when you talk to him. This is especially important if he's the kind of guy who's used to having others approach him. It's imperative that you be different because you'll stand out more. Don’t just be another person in the crowd, don’t reinforce all of his negative ideas about your gender. Don’t just be another person pursuing him for his looks. Be individual and fun and fascinating! This means taking things slow and letting him get to know you.
Be approachable. Don’t close yourself off or seem unapproachable. Set aside time where he knows you aren’t too busy to hang out with him, and let him know that he is welcome to hang out with you. Smile and make eye contact. Don’t look scary, unsociable, or angry. This makes it seem like you don’t want to interact with him and it’s intimidating.
Say you’ve got an extra seat if he’d like to join you for lunch.
Smile and wave at him when you see each other across a room or talking with friends.
Be nice to other people too. Show him that you’re the kind of person that anyone can come and talk to. Be nice to people, compliment them, don’t be rude, and generally show that you won’t bite his head off if he tries to talk to you.
Talk with him. It’s important to interact with him. Talk with him when you run into each other and find reasons to talk to each other more often. The more you talk, the closer you’ll become and this is a great way to build a friendship that can turn into something more.
Be a good friend. As you become friends, be sure to be a good one. Be supportive and fun. Be someone that he can trust and admire. Most guys tend to date people with whom they have more things in common than just the "relationship" stuff. Being close friends with him makes it easier for you to interact with him and for him to see what he stands to gain from being around you more often.
Get to know each other. Get to know who he is as a person. This will tell you if he is someone that you really want to get emotionally invested in. You don’t have to like everything about him, but you do have to be accepting and uncritical of your differences. You can’t change people, so it’s important to like him as he is.
Talking about politics, religion, your childhood and family, as well as your experiences in school and your hopes for the future will tell you a lot about who he is as a person.
See what you have in common. It is important that you enjoy some of the same things (so that you have something to connect over) but it is also a good idea to have some differences (So that you challenge each other and broaden your horizons). Talk and figure out what you have in common.
Find out what his status is. Try to gauge if he’s open to a relationship in general. Maybe he’s already got his eye on someone. Maybe he’s just had a horrible breakup and he’s not open to dating at the moment. You will need to respect him, his feelings, and the situation he’s in by not being overly pushy if he isn’t in the mood for a relationship.
It can be hard to get information like this without simply asking him. Try the old-fashioned method of asking around. Mutual friends may have more details. His friends may even be willing to help, if they want to see him in a relationship and they think well of you.

EditMethod 3 of 5: Make Him Fall For You

Make him his best self. Everybody wants to be with someone who makes them a better person. It makes us feel good about ourselves and reassures us that we can be good people if we try. Make this guy the best version of himself by encouraging him to do the things he loves and giving him the space to do those things.
Remember: don’t to be condescending, push unwanted advice and help, or try to change him into what you want him to be. Helping him to be his best self is about helping him make the changes that he wants in his life, not turning him into what you want him to be.
Lead by example to help him improve. Don’t criticize him harshly when he does something bad or wrong. This will make him feel horrible and he will begin to feel bad when he is around you. Instead, if he does something you don’t like, lead by example to show him a better way to be. You can certainly tell him when you don’t like something he does, but don’t be mean or controlling about it and help him find a good way to change.
If his grades are low and he struggles in school, set up time to spend together studying and tutor him in subjects where you do better than he does. Don’t do his work for him, but help him to realize that he can do it on his own and develop good study habits.
If he was trouble holding down or finding a job, help him by showing the importance of good work habits or helping him look for a job. Offer to go with him to workshops for writing or building resumes, talk with him about ways that he could learn to enjoy work more, or help him find a job that he would be more interested in going to every day.
It is especially important not to criticize him in public or in front of his friends or family.
Allow yourself to be your best self. Show him that you excel as a person when you’re around him. Show that he makes you a better person. Just as you look to see that he is better when he is with you, he will be looking for the same. Pursue things you love and make him feel included in that part of your life. Ask him for advice on how to change things about yourself that you don’t like.
Show your independence. Show him that you are mentally and physically independent. You don’t need him to do everything for you (although he should feel that he can help you sometimes) and that you have a mind of your own. It adds to his vision of you as a fully developed and interesting person with standards. He wants a girlfriend, not a blow-up doll.
Never be afraid of being totally honest about your likes and dislikes. Let him know what you think about issues and don’t just agree to everything he says.
Encourage his independence. Don’t make him feel like he needs to spend all of his time with you. Don’t make him your go-to source of weekend or Friday night plans. Encourage him to do things he loves and spend time with his friends by doing things that you love and spending time with yours.
One of the reasons that many guys avoid relationships is because they feel it will trap them or keep them from doing things they like to do. Show him that if he’s with you, this will not be the case.
Be yourself. If you're not, then how else would you know if he likes you or not for who you are? If you are pretending to be someone you are not, you will feel uncomfortable every time you are around him and that is the last thing you would like to happen. If you are uncomfortable around him, it would probably be hard to talk to him and if you can't talk to him, it will be hard to keep a relationship.

EditMethod 4 of 5: Make a Move

Don’t be afraid to make the first move. If you find a guy who you share a lot in common with, don't wait for them to ask you to hang out. If you are scared to ask him because you think he doesn't like you, ask anyway. It’s scary but it won’t hurt you and you only stand to gain in the long run.
He might also be shy, so he might not be the one to approach, either because he thinks you're out of his league or because he thinks you might reject him.
Flirt with him. Flirt with him to let him know that you’re definitely interested. Lean in during conversations, touch him casually and lightly, and compliment him (do so honestly, people can always tell the difference).
Ask him on a date. If all else fails and he’s still not asking you out on his own, go right ahead and make your move. You don’t want him to get away! Have a date in mind (something that will appeal to him) and go straight up and ask. Try to be confident, as most people find this attractive.

Ads not by this site
EditMethod 5 of 5: Get Guys Easier In The Future

Be a good partner. Be someone that’s good to date. If you become known as a great person to date, it will be much easier to find a boyfriend in the future. Be fun, active, and supportive. Be someone that’s great to be around.
Don’t be critical, lazy, or possessive. Do not become known as someone who is critical, lazy, or possessive in relationships. These qualities will make others not want to date you. Give your boyfriend his space, let him be himself and continue to make yourself a better person by going out and doing things.
Don’t cheat on your boyfriend. The best way to guarantee that no one in your social circle will ever want to date you is to constantly cheat on your boyfriend or seem like you might be cheating on your boyfriend. Be loyal and keep your attention on him. If you’d rather be flirting and hanging out with someone else, then you need to break up with the guy you’re dating. It isn’t fair to either of you if you’d rather be somewhere else.
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 11, 2013
guys please how does attitude affects a gal's lifestyle
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 11, 2013
Know what type of guy you're looking for. Make a list of traits that appeal to you, such as intelligence, looks, ambition, sense of humor, or respect for other people's feelings.

Resolve old hurts and disappointments. Make sure you're ready for a new relationship by setting aside any grievances about old boyfriends.

Attract the type of guy you're looking for by emphasizing your best features and downplaying undesirable traits. Make the most of what you have, both physically and mentally.

Learn how to make a guy feel good about himself by taking an interest in his life and his aspirations.

Consider any unattached guys at your school or work. Do any of them match the qualities that you want in a boyfriend?

Get involved in activities that you enjoy to give yourself the chance to meet new guys. Expand your horizons and your circle of friends.

If you have your eye on a certain guy, let mutual friends know about your interest in him. Ask someone you trust to discreetly tell him about your interest.

If you don't have the nerve to directly approach a guy who has caught your eye, consider being his secret admirer for a while. Send him sweet, anonymous messages or notes (with a few subtle clues about your identity) to let him know about your interest in him.
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 17, 2013
hello
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 7:45am On Jan 10, 2014
[quote

author=DailyNews]Unfortunately, Nigerian guys no longer fancy looking
for a spouse in Church....in fact, most guys nowadays see Church as the
worst place to look for a wife...maybe due to bad history, I can't just
tell. Nevertheless, some guys still prefer to find spouse within the
Church setting....but the Nigerian single ladies need to do sth to
restore that passion guys used to have in searching for a wife in church
smiley

Like I said earlier...going to eatery places alone for lunch is a good
idea...dress lovely...find a cool spot and just relax and eat your lunch
gently...remember, don't go with a friend anytime you want to have a
male company cheesy cheesy

If you have a car....learn to intentionally avoid it at times and maybe
go on public trans wink Guys find it more enjoyable and free to approach a
girl on leg than one on ride...in fact, most guys will even conclude b4
approaching u that u have a serious date/hubby/relationship, hence,
leaving u with the playboys and gigolos looking for rich sugar mummies
or girls to spend on them.

So to say, in Nigeria, drving a car as a single lady with no serious
date is more of a disadvantage than advantage...if u own a car as a
single lady and by any means, minimize d number of times u drive urself
unless u dnt really care abt getting a serious-minded guy for a
future-bound affair. But that doesn't mean a single lady that drives in
Nigeria won't get toasters, of course she will...but

Guys always feel romantically inclined when travelling....and if you
play your card well....you may land a good guy while travelling grin grin

Hey, I know Nigerian ladies hate football....try spotting a cool soccer
viewing center (remember, most guys don't like watching a football match
in their homes....the fun is with your fellow fans cheesy cheesy) and maybe on
your spare time, try going there to watch a popular football
match....feel free....don't go there drinking star or stout o cheesy
cheesy....concentrate on the match and enjoy it...do it with time and watch
out....most guys would take you serious than when they meet you
elsewhere...[/quote]

In addition to the above, try going to barbing salon esp. during wkends, pretend as if u want to charge ur phone there, i bet you, within 30-45mins, at least, one of the guys coming to barb would surely approach u. This tip work wonders. Try it and come back for a testimony. I assure u dat.
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 8:09am On Jan 10, 2014
Godshand:

In addition to the above, try going to barbing salon esp. during wkends, pretend as if u want to charge ur phone there, i bet you, within 30-45mins, at least, one of the guys coming to barb would surely approach u. This tip work wonders. Try it and come back for a testimony. I assure u dat.
dis ideal is a bit silly cos in some places there is lite and not all saloon's have matured pple there
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by ednut1(m): 8:14am On Jan 10, 2014
nawao godshand because of marriage one shud scope so low. I pity gals dat will try dose tins. fuk nd dump victims
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 10, 2014
ednut1: nawao godshand because of marriage one shud scope so low. I pity gals dat will try dose tins. fuk nd dump victims
mmmmm. Cos a lady is desperate doesn't mean you should take advantage of her

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Brother Battles Married Sister Over Landed Property Citing Igbo Tradition / For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? / Evil Acts You Committed As A Kid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.