Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? (14076 Views)

Michael Jackson, Islam & The Illuminati / Is Islam Really For Poor People? / Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 29, 2013
There is what we call freedom. Freedom to do as u want. Most islamic countires lack that and once u start stiffling pple of their fundamental rights like freedom u r bound to get opposition.
Also a lot of moslems misinterprets the koran. Reason I don't know.
Now the caption of this thread is what most extremists r fed upon everyday b4 they go out and commit atrocities.
How many pple(specially the poor study the koran if not crammin work)
Christianity was once persecuting pple but as time goes on, pple cried out and the persecution stopped. Pple read and cross check events in d bible for themselves now. The world is seriously evolving, some achaic traditions r left behind while we embrace new ones. Islam on d other hand should learn to move along with the world and be less rigid. U don't expect rules of that time to be applied in today's world.

Then again, to those that know what true islam means, they r exceptionally good. Just like those that know what true christianity is.
Just look at what happened in kano the other day. The govermor don't hv to smash those bottles to butress his point about kano being a sharia state. He can sieze them and send them out of his state, still not minding that he is also a partaker of the same VAT those pple pay.
I hope u guys r getting my point.
My firt trip to Dubai was planned to the teeth by a muslim biz patner in Kano that I don't know from Adams except that I buy goods from him. I will enter his shop and sit down with him. While some of his brothers in sabon gari mkt sees that as a taboo and always try to remind him, he simply saw it as mkting strategy and no big deal. He was very encouraging and helpful. That is what I call liberal minded. His action alone will make me to praise islam and not the things I c some pple do.
On d other hand, I lost three relatives in maiduguri bc of islamic zealots. Wherther its politically motivated or not is not what relatives of those pple will want to hear. If these pple r not part of islam, how come islamic scholars and politician r yet to fight them? How come they c nothing wrong with these pple denting the names of their creator with their barbaric acts?
These r the things that makes a lot of pple go against islam and its adherents and they call it persecution.

In nairaland here, I've rubbed mind with some muslims too and I will say they r very good.
My point; which ever religion u practice, be liberal and tolerant too.
I hope some wise ones will sieve thru my epistle.

8 Likes

Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by solomon111(m): 2:30pm On Nov 29, 2013
The muslims on this thread feigning selective amnesia should try extending their preachings to saudi-arabia and other islamic crack-head nations.
Practice what you preach.
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by youngmoney101(m): 2:30pm On Nov 29, 2013
Sorry it's the oda way round for u to have a clear understanding of Islamic religion kindly stay in d northern part of nigeria for 2 to 3 yrs.den u will wonder weda dis Muslims r really human beings or animals.. Talking from experience as a northern Christian.the only like to feel victimized wen something bad happens to dem.but celebrate wen Christians r targets... Imagine people celebrating d death of late gov Ibrahim yakowa in helicopter crash. There is even discrimination within Islam a Hausa Muslim sees a yoruba Muslim as kafiri.. De dont even pray together...the share separate mosques every wia in d north..don't be fooled or deceived Muslims r the highest oppressors...u can think of in d world..

3 Likes

Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by TheClown: 2:35pm On Nov 29, 2013
The day a muslim opens his eyes to discernment, thinks with his brain as regards his religion and questions some norms is the day he seizes to become a muslim. You can come and and shout and tell us Islam is peace and all that but there's no need telling you otherwise, you will never realise it, if not, you will not remain a muslim.

I'm not a muslim but the more I learn about Islam, the more disgusted I become about that religion and its prophet. My latest study was about Sawda Bint Zama. Yes, Islam is the most discriminated religion in the world and why not? It should be the most banned religion instead!

Peace to you all (I mean real peace).

1 Like

Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by solomon111(m): 2:35pm On Nov 29, 2013
yellowpawpaw: There is what we call freedom. Freedom to do as u want. Most islamic countires lack that and once u start stiffling pple of their fundamental rights like freedom u r bound to get opposition.
Now the caption of this thread is what most extremists r fed upon everyday b4 they go out and commit atrocities.
Christianity was once persecuting pple but as time goes on, pple cried out and the persecution stopped. Pple read and cross check events in d bible for themselves now. The world is seriously evolving, some achaic traditions r left behind while we embrace new ones. Islam on d other hand should learn to move along with the world and be less rigid. U don't expect rules of that time to be applied in today's world.

Then again, to those that know what true islam means, they r exceptionally good. Just like those that know what true christianity is.
Just look at what happened in kano the other day. The govermor don't hv to smash those bottles to butress his point about kano being a sharia state. He can sieze them and send them out of his state, still not minding that he is also a partaker of the same VAT those pple pay.
My firt trip to Dubai was planned to the teeth by a muslim biz patner in Kano that I don't know from Adams except that I buy goods from him. I will enter his shop and sit down with him. While some of his brothers in sabon gari mkt sees that as a taboo and always try to remind him, he simply saw it as mkting strategy and no big deal. He was very encouraging and helpful. That is what I call liberal minded. His action alone will make me to praise islam and not the things I c some pple do.
On d other hand, I lost three relatives in maiduguri bc of islamic zealots. Wherther its politically motivated or not is not what relatives of those pple will want to hear. If these pple r not part of islam, how come islamic scholars and politician r yet to fight them? How come they c nothing wrong with these pple denting the names of their creator with their barbaric acts?
These r the things that makes a lot of pple go against islam and its adherents and they call it persecution.

In nairaland here, I've rubbed mind with some muslims too and I will say they r very good.
Christianity did not persecute people,the roman catholic church(one of the many christian sects) did.
I get your point though.
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Beaf1: 2:42pm On Nov 29, 2013
Real_Alfranco: dats d height of it all... There are over a billion muslims,den christians are jst over 1 million abi?? Ur comments is filled with pure ignorance I swear!! All of you staying down south in Nigeria don't have da slightest clue about what's happening up here!!! Not all muslims are terrorist,but all terrorist are muslims(ur opinion isn't needed here at all)
Da next tym I'll enter Lagos,make one yeye pikin call me aboki make Im see!!...
And boko haram has killed more muslims dan christians?? Where is all dis nonsense coming from...make I keep quiet here b4 dem hide my post!!!

^
What she is saying is this: If killing non-muslims is the way of getting Allah's favour or salvation (as perceived by you or as claimed by the terrorist) then NOT only Boko Harem members BUT all muslims will arm themselves with bombs and kill as many non-muslims as possible to go to paradise. Do you think your neighbourhood will have been this peaceful? cheesy

Why am I even wasting my time explaining to you... you are just hateful of Islam. Islam is Beautiful.

2 Likes

Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by simpleseyi: 2:42pm On Nov 29, 2013
I don't think Islam is discriminated, instead, Islam intimidates unbelievers. My first name and last name are both Islamic names, but my middle name is a Yoruba name. When people ask my name and I say it, most times leaving out the middle Yoruba name. People around withdraw to themselves and think twice or thrice before making the next sentence and I laugh inside me because I know my name intimidates non-muslims. I don't know what non-muslims think in their mind when I say my two Islamic names, but I don't care, I feel great, that my name intimidates non-muslims. Most times, the next questions non-muslims ask after my name is "are you from the north?" and I answer "nope, I am a Yoruba muslim" with a scary smile grin. Even my in-laws (my wife and in-laws are all Christians), they first asked for my name, then followed by my state of origin and local government area. I don't care what unbelievers think about me, I only care what Allah thinks about me.

1 Like

Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Vanityupnvanity(m): 2:43pm On Nov 29, 2013
speaking from this angle as a northern christian, whenever I hear the word Islam I begin to think of "shivering" te**o*ism

1 Like

Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Beaf1: 2:44pm On Nov 29, 2013
The Clown: The day a muslim opens his eyes to discernment, thinks with his brain as regards his religion and questions some norms is the day he seizes to become a muslim. You can come and and shout and tell us Islam is peace and all that but there's no need telling you otherwise, you will never realise it, if not, you will not remain a muslim.

I'm not a muslim but the more I learn about Islam, the more disgusted I become about that religion and its prophet. My latest study was about Sawda Bint Zama. Yes, Islam is the most discriminated religion in the world and why not? It should be the most banned religion instead!

Peace to you all (I mean real peace).

^
You are your moniker.
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by RealAlfranco: 2:46pm On Nov 29, 2013
When Jesus said "I'm the way ,the truth,and the light...no one comes to the father except through me". Any resonable person will pnder on dis quote ...I'm done with dis thread!!!
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Mujah1deen: 2:49pm On Nov 29, 2013
This is where lies the problem, you can't tell us how to practice our religion, what's wrong with you Christians if someone doesn't act like you ,you are quick to call him terrorist, you want people to not follow the Quran like you don't follow your bible, what's modernity? Islam is more modern than what you can even imagine, but this won't make us accept homosexuality, blasphemy, female imams ,Islam has been revealed it is static and it is not altered, we Muslim are not here to please you Christians or pagans but to serve Allah.
yellowpawpaw: There is what we call freedom. Freedom to do as u want. Most islamic countires lack that and once u start stiffling pple of their fundamental rights like freedom u r bound to get opposition.

Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by AroOkigbo(m): 2:49pm On Nov 29, 2013
Mujah1deen: Please why is that there are no religious crisis/clashes in our neighbouring countries? Abeg Nigerian Christians should check themselves, you love to provoke, ridicule and mock. I can't comment without being called a terrorist, without people implying that I'm looking for 72virgins, without people calling me cow , illiterate, animal, poor because I'm from the North and I'm not alone , southerners+Christians check yourself . Peace goes both way.
Why is there no "christians bomb muslims" in the southern part of Nigeria where there are more christians?
MUST you resort to TAKING HUMAN LIFE just because someone "provoked" you?
Who should be more provoked? The christian whose church is bombed by a muslim and is killed/maimed or the muslim who is VERBALLY abused by a christian (whose relative had just been killed by a muslim) because of his/his brothers (muslim) quick-to-kill tendency?
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Vanityupnvanity(m): 2:49pm On Nov 29, 2013
simpleseyi: I don't think Islam is discriminated, instead, Islam intimidates unbelievers. My first name and last name are both Islamic names, but my middle name is a Yoruba name. When people ask my name and I say it, most times leaving out the middle Yoruba name. People around withdraw to themselves and think twice or thrice before making the next sentence and I laugh inside me because I know my name intimidates non-muslims. I don't know what non-muslims think in their mind when I say my two Islamic names, but I don't care, I feel great, that my name intimidates non-muslims. Most times, the next questions non-muslims ask after my name is "are you from the north?" and I answer "nope, I am a Yoruba muslim" with a scary smile grin. Even my in-laws (my wife and in-laws are all Christians), they first asked for my name, then followed by my state of origin and local government area. I don't care what unbelievers think about me, I only care what Allah thinks about me.
and you Yoruba claim you are not divided by religion. *spits* goes out of thread
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by UyiIredia(m): 2:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
Simple ! The media is overwhemingly replete with news of Islamic terrorism. This leaves the false impression Islam is a violent religion when what is view, is institutionalized fanaticism in certain parts of the wider Islamic community. Therefore the religion is discriminated, burlesqued and misrepresented.

That said, the world has much graver problems, which consumes way more lives eg malaria, AIDS and diabetic complications: I've had this dream of starting an alternative newsshow that presents another side to what mainstream media presents like many other ideas before it I am either too lazy, unmotivated, or poor to pursue it.
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by UyiIredia(m): 2:53pm On Nov 29, 2013
@ yellow pawpaw: Good points, but there are still isolated cases of persecution by Christians, particularly in regard to atheists and attimes Muslims.
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Alexanderpope(m): 2:54pm On Nov 29, 2013
When the peace loving Muslims come out in mass and publicly condemn terrorist and jihads then I will believe.
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Bezed(m): 2:55pm On Nov 29, 2013
no islam is not, christianity is.. And is a discrimination of christians by fellow christian.. Yet they are christians sadno islam is not, christianity is.. And is a discrimination of christians by fellow christian.. Yet they are christians
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by simpleseyi: 3:01pm On Nov 29, 2013
Vanityupnvanity: and you Yoruba claim you are not divided by religion. *spits* goes out of thread

I am a Muslim happily married to a Christian, what about you? Many Christian/Christian marriages have failed just like many Muslim/Muslim marriages also. If you are one of those that think that on the judgement day, God is going to ask "Are you a Christian or a Muslim?" then, I am sorry, you will be disappointed.
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Fulaman198(m): 3:01pm On Nov 29, 2013
onila: African traditional religion is the most discriminated

Worldwide? I don't think so. When was the last time you saw a newspaper article on African traditional religion.
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Fulaman198(m): 3:06pm On Nov 29, 2013
Okija_juju: [b]grin grin

Actually.. Islam is the most discriminated religion in the world. True!

The media does not help either. Check this out;

- When two boys make a homemade bomb, walk into a crowded Marathon race venue and blow shi!t up, its blamed on the influence of Islam that they obtained in Iraq & Afghanistan..

- When the Klu Klux Klan lynchs and kills blacks with backing from the Bible, Its blamed on Racism.. grin

- When 10 - 15 pissed off dudes storm a mall and shoots up the place, They are described in the news as 'Al-Shabaab Islamic Extremist Militants'.

- When Wade Michael Page shoots up a Shik Temple thinking they were Muslims, He is described as a 'White Supremacist', not Christian Extremist.

- When Christian Right sympathizer Jim David Adkisson walked into the Knoxville Unitarian Universalist Church in Knoxville, Tennessee during a children’s play and began shooting people at random, he was described in the news as a 'DOMESTIC TERRORIST'

- When 11 dudes hijack and fly a commercial Jetliner into a building, they are described as 'Islamic Terrorists'

And the list goes on..

SO I will agree with you that Islam is indeed the most discriminated religion in the world..

My point exactly
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Mujah1deen: 3:19pm On Nov 29, 2013
Aro Okigbo:
Why is there no "christians bomb muslims" in the southern part of Nigeria where there are more christians?
MUST you resort to TAKING HUMAN LIFE just because someone "provoked" you?
Who should be more provoked? The christian whose church is bombed by a muslim and is killed/maimed or the muslim who is VERBALLY abused by a christian (whose relative had just been killed by a muslim) because of his/his brothers (muslim) quick-to-kill tendency?
northerners/Muslims in the south are calm and don't give you any room to attack them . Yet you still call them cows, animals etc some of you even go as far as saying I have x passengers and 1 aboki as if aboki is not a passenger or a human etc

Please tho it was not in the south, can you tell me what the beroms were doing? Let me remind you, they were cannibalizing my people and recording it, I guess I should start calling all beroms cannibals ?
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by deols(f): 3:31pm On Nov 29, 2013
Bezed: no islam is not, christianity is.. And is a discrimination of christians by fellow christian.. Yet they are christians sadno islam is not, christianity is.. And is a discrimination of christians by fellow christian.. Yet they are christians

This is a different level of discrimination o.

I see that other Christians don't like the Catholics undecided
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Fulaman198(m): 3:32pm On Nov 29, 2013
The point is we live in a very unjust world where it is easy for most uneducated humans to get brainwashed by what they see on TV.

First it was western media's false portrayal of black people from all over the world being violent. Second, it is now the West's false view on practitioners of Islam which shamefully admitted fellow Africans are now copying. The fact that fellow Africans have decided to adopt religious bigotry which has been something only linked to the west in the past is a shame in its own right.

Sometimes when I see the hatred that human beings exhibit it really flabbergasts me. The fact that there are so many human beings who decide to follow others on the path on wrong is something that continues to baffle me as well.

Human beings need to understand one thing. No two human beings are the same. We all come from different walks of life and have different cultures. To adopt a sense of bigotry is going against God/Allah, no matter your religion.
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Zither(m): 3:33pm On Nov 29, 2013
[b]I have read and tried to balance the sentences with experience. The result of this mixture is the same - Islam
is THE most discriminated religion in the world. No doubt, there are peaceful Islam believers. However, they really account for nothing when weighed against the wanton destruction of lives and property caused by the violent ones. It is a very herculean effort to believe Islam is a peaceful religion when you are daily confronted with the bloody horror they wreck on the world.

Moreover, even terrorists aside, there have been bloody clashes involving Islam followers and residents of communities over trivial matters bordering on their intolerance for blasphemous comments against Allah or the inappropriate use or abuse of the Koran by non-Muslims. Islam preaches peace but their action favours violence. I am not judging Islam. I have seen and I have been in the middle of some of their numerous clashes provoked by mundane and inconsequential matters that would have been easily overlooked.

My point. Islam is not a religion of peace (viewed broadly). Individually, there are peaceful Islam believers. Yet, by their fruit you shall know them. The common fruit of Islam since time immemorial has always leaned towards violence and bloodshed. Radical Islamists and MANY non-radical ones are guilty of this generational trait.

You can criticize me but I have had my fair share of experience which I have just laid out above. Feel free to prove or refute my opinion.
[/b]
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Zither(m): 3:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
double post
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Polio: 3:37pm On Nov 29, 2013
I dont think so.. I am not sure!
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 29, 2013
I feel islam does not encourage religion tolerance and freedom. How many times have u seen mosques burnt in southern nigeria? But in north churches are target for destruction during crisis. Some countries practice islamic law. Have not heard of any christian nation that prevents islam? If u are seen with Bible in saudi,u are in trouble. A muslim must not convert to other religion to prevent being put to death. I feel it is islam and muslims that discriminate against other religion.
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Fulaman198(m): 3:40pm On Nov 29, 2013
Zither: [b]I have read and tried to balance the sentences with experience. The result of this mixture is the same - Islam
is THE most discriminated religion in the world. No doubt, there are peaceful Islam believers. However, they really account for nothing when weighed against the wanton destruction of lives and property caused by the violent ones. It is a very herculean effort to believe Islam is a peaceful religion when you are daily confronted with the bloody horror they wreck on the world.

Moreover, even terrorists aside, there have been bloody clashes involving Islam followers and residents of communities over trivial matters bordering on their intolerance for blasphemous comments against Allah or the inappropriate use or abuse of the Koran by non-Muslims. Islam preaches peace but their action favours violence. I am not judging Islam. I have seen and I have been in the middle of some of their numerous clashes provoked by mundane and inconsequential matters that would have been easily overlooked.

My point. Islam is not a religion of peace (viewed broadly). Individually, there are peaceful Islam believers. Yet, by their fruit you shall know them. The common fruit of Islam since time immemorial has always leaned towards violence and bloodshed. Radical Islamists and MANY non-radical ones are guilty of this generational trait.

You can criticize me but I have had my fair share of experience which I have just laid out above. Feel free to prove or refute my opinion.
[/b]

There are easily just as many if not more 'Christian' terrorists if not more than 'Muslim' terrorists. Just because the west and other copycat nations have done an excellent job of falsely linking terrorism to Islam does not make anything they say true.

When a Christian commits a terrorist crime they are labeled differently.
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Fulaman198(m): 3:43pm On Nov 29, 2013
Laalamed: I feel islam does not encourage religion tolerance and freedom. How many times have u seen mosques burnt in southern nigeria? But in north churches are target for destruction during crisis. Some countries practice islamic law. Have not heard of any christian nation that prevents islam? If u are seen with Bible in saudi,u are in trouble. A muslim must not convert to other religion to prevent being put to death. I feel it is islam and muslims that discriminate against other religion.

The western bigotry/intolerance of Islam is a way of preventing the religion. In the west Muslims face all forms of prejudice on a daily basis. Go to France, United States, England, Germany. The list goes on.

Those who agree with this harsh treatment of Muslims are being closet bigots themselves.
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Perfecter4real(m): 3:51pm On Nov 29, 2013
Sissie: If islam is violent we have over a billion Muslims, you lion'sheart won't be alive to even answer the question, you would have been killed.

So what is the percent of the violent Muslim, less than 1% of its population.

So much noise about bokoharam, what's the percentage of Christians killed compared to the Muslim, it's a know fact that they've killed more Muslims than Christians.
you most be joking or high on something to say they kill more muslims than christians.
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Musharraf: 3:52pm On Nov 29, 2013
Thousands of books were written against Islam, thousands of websites are run against Islam, thousands of people are paid to distort Islam, thousands of writers are trained to write against Islam, millions of dollars are spent against Islam. Had 50% of the above attempts been done against any religion than Islam, it would have disappeared from this planet. Islam is backed by God-Allah Himself, that is the reason, despite all these attempts, it's still growing. Allah is the best of the Planners: Their Plan: Propaganda to kill Islam Allah's Plan: Advertise Islam through their plan Result: Islam Grows like Never before . Quran- Surat Ali Imran[3:54] "And the disbelievers planned, but Allah planned. And Allah is the best of planners". Quran-Surat Al-'Anfal[8:30] "And [remember, O Muhammad], when those who disbelieved plotted against you to restrain you or kill you or evict you [from Makkah]. But they plan, and Allah plans. And Allah is the best of planners".

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is Shayton Also Whispering In Your Ear? Read This And Beware! / Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? / The Procedure Of How Muslims Use The Toilet (simply Hilarious)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.