Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It (17307 Views)

God Wants Me To Kill My Dad / Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. / God Wants To Talk To You Now - Prophet Olaye George (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:53am On Nov 28, 2013
sandijey:

I just used the word prayer warrior. Me pray for hours. Lol. Once I pray morning and night. And when I go to church, I think that's ok for everybody. Studying the bible, assimilating, understanding and emulating is the pathway to being a righteous person not by praying 10 times a day like my mother would have me! She says I should pray when am in the toilet, when am cooking, even when am inside lagos traffic! So my mind wouldn't be idle! "Just exaggerating" funny woman. Many prayer warriors are not even righteous. If u listen to them praying, u would have low self esteem and u would need a Dictionarybecause they seem to have so many words to say to god.
spot on, reminds me of the house I used to worship before I relocate.

One sunday I asked my little sister to follow me to church, the youth really pray until you will have nothing to say, they weep and stomp, cursing the devil and all, that sunday my sister vowed never to visit my church, she felt we pray way too much lol.

2 Likes

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 28, 2013
sandijey:

Everything I cravefrom God can be prayed about in the morning when I wake and in the evening when am about to sleep and when am in service. Do u no who a prayer warrior is? Ok do u have a core mfm friend? Those people turn every sentence u utter into prayer. My neighbour is a strong mfm member. I don't like goingto their house nor seeing them, I never told them I was looking for a husband, just because I mentioned it to her daughter that am single, the girltold her mum and everytime she sees mee even when am walking on the road, this woman will tell me"as u are going, be praying and telling God that u want a man, u want a helper, u want this and u want that" Mogbe! I wasn't even thinking towards that line until this woman started taking about marriage to me. One day I went to visit the daughter and mentioned that I had stomach pain, didn't no d mother heard from the bedroom, andshe started casting out the demonic spirit of stomach pain from her bedroom, I just had menstrual pain my brother.......... Prayer warriors are everywhere and they should be avoided. My mum was toeing that part till she fell ill and almost died of ulcer. Common ulcer she refused to go to the hospital until the 99th hour untop say she dey pray and pray and pray. It was extreme, not thatGod doesn't answer prayers but I don't think he would answer what u can do on ur own o.
I hope you are kidding me. There might be excesses but that that does not make it wrong. Prayer warriors do not always pray for people one on one, a number of them are intercessors. And i would to God that you will know how vital they are to the advancement of the will of God.
Besides, what i quoted from Obadiah is more of a personal prayer life than a prayer warriors thing. You can't say prayer is religion. How can a means of communication and fellowship with a God who is beyond natural be religious? Prayer is indispensable!

1 Like

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:09am On Nov 28, 2013
obadiah777, this thread is just so sexists. So debasing of women, so mysogynistic that I almost puked.
And imagine xtians praising you for it and you begin to understand the doom and misery in this world full of stupid xtians and bible trumpers like yourself.

You see, what you wrote up there is a load of hogwash. I have yet to see a xtian family that is better or happier than mine. And you know what, MY WIFE IS THE HEAD OF THE FAMILY. Both of us read all these bible crap but they don't control us. Bible didn't bring us together and bible isn't keeping us together. Love is.

So take your woman-hating god and shove it where the sun shineth not.

3 Likes

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 28, 2013
idnoble135:
I hope you are kidding me. There might be excesses but that that does not make it wrong. Prayer warriors do not always pray for people one on one, a number of them are intercessors. And i would to God that you will know how vital they are to the advancement of the will of God.
Besides, what i quoted from Obadiah is more of a personal prayer life than a prayer warriors thing. You can't say prayer is religion. How can a means of communication and fellowship with a God who is beyond natural be religious? Prayer is indispensable!

True...........but I never said prayer is religion! I believe no matter how my mum or anyone prays for me, if I am not wlling to pray on my own or make a change nothing will happen and that's just me being logical. But it will be glad to know there is someone secretly praying for me somewhere. Am not kidding about avoiding them! I have met many of them and they don't seem genuine. I see them as people who pray and shout to the heavens for public recognition.
Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 28, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: obadiah777, this thread is just so sexists. So debasing of women, so mysogynistic that I almost puked.
And imagine xtians praising you for it and you begin to understand the doom and misery in this world full of stupid xtians and bible trumpers like yourself.

You see, what you wrote up there is a load of hogwash. I have yet to see a xtian family that is better or happier than mine. And you know what, MY WIFE IS THE HEAD OF THE FAMILY. Both of us read all these bible crap but they don't control us. Bible didn't bring us together and bible isn't keeping us together. Love is.

What is love wivout God? How do we know God wivout the bible? How do we live wivout proper interpretation of the bible? ........ Whatever keeps ur home is fine!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Tgirl4real(f): 9:28am On Nov 28, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: obadiah777, this thread is just so sexists. So debasing of women, so mysogynistic that I almost puked.

It's not sexist in anyway. The man is the head of the home. Any home where the woman is the head is upside down. Can your neck be your head? 2 totally different roles.

A man whose wife is the head is a wussie grin

2 Likes

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:30am On Nov 28, 2013
Tgirl4real:

It's not sexist in anyway. The man is the head of the home. Any home where the woman is the head is upside down. Can your neck be your head? 2 totally different roles.

A man whose wife is the head is a wussie grin

Is that what your pastor told you or did you figure that out all by yourself?

1 Like

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Ishilove: 9:31am On Nov 28, 2013
obadiah777: women who are not looking for God in their men have been temporarily rejected by God because they owe the lord punishment. he has not put that desire in their heart for him because they are currently rejected seed. so they have to look for satan in men ( who is the baddest guy, most happening guy etc etc ) and the lord will punish them through these men ( proverbs 16 vs 4 ) ( proverbs 20 vs 24 ) and then after they have been tortured and run ragged by these men and have paid for all the sins they owe, then he will re-introduce the desire for him into them. wink
It doesn't get more gangster than this. grin

1 Like

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Ishilove: 9:36am On Nov 28, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: For the first time this year, I totally agree with Obdear....Oh Lord this coming month seems to be a good one....

Obadear, are you considering marriage after all? tongue there is a potential wifey on this forum for you. grin
As in ehn. I actually found myself reading the post from top to bottom. I normally skim through Obadear's posts, shake my head and grin. However, I found myself nodding in agreement as I read this one cheesy

As for Obadiah's wifey, tpia would be purrrfect for him grin grin

3 Likes

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 28, 2013
sandijey:

True...........but I never said prayer is religion! I believe no matter how my mum or anyone prays for me, if I am not wlling to pray on my own or make a change nothing will happen and that's just me being logical. But it will be glad to know there is someone secretly praying for me somewhere. Am not kidding about avoiding them! I have met many of them and they don't seem genuine. I see them as people who pray and shout to the heavens for public recognition.
That post was specifically to the op's response to a post where he said that prayer was religious.
Also, i might agree that the true prayer warriors might be scarce, but i one thing i know is that they still exist.
Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Ishilove: 9:45am On Nov 28, 2013
davydenko18: Aptly put Obadiah, but the question is can ladies of nowadays recognise God even when they see Him in their husband?
What about the pre-conceived notions of husband that they have agreed with the society?
It depends on your own notion of what 'having God' means. You can't be a fornicating womaniser and claim you have God. You can't be a gaddem liar and claim you have God. You can't be skimming the office accounts and claim you have God.

So sir, what is your own notion about 'having God?'

I on my own part would recognise a man who 'has God' because I don't lean on my own carnal understanding (prov3:26). Rather, I hold my peace while God works wonders on my behalf. (Exo 14:14)

1 Like

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Ishilove: 9:53am On Nov 28, 2013
sandijey:

Everything I cravefrom God can be prayed about in the morning when I wake and in the evening when am about to sleep and when am in service. Do u no who a prayer warrior is? Ok do u have a core mfm friend? Those people turn every sentence u utter into prayer. My neighbour is a strong mfm member. I don't like goingto their house nor seeing them, I never told them I was looking for a husband, just because I mentioned it to her daughter that am single, the girltold her mum and everytime she sees mee even when am walking on the road, this woman will tell me"as u are going, be praying and telling God that u want a man, u want a helper, u want this and u want that" Mogbe! I wasn't even thinking towards that line until this woman started taking about marriage to me. One day I went to visit the daughter and mentioned that I had stomach pain, didn't no d mother heard from the bedroom, andshe started casting out the demonic spirit of stomach pain from her bedroom, I just had menstrual pain my brother.......... Prayer warriors are everywhere and they should be avoided. My mum was toeing that part till she fell ill and almost died of ulcer. Common ulcer she refused to go to the hospital until the 99th hour untop say she dey pray and pray and pray. It was extreme, not thatGod doesn't answer prayers but I don't think he would answer what u can do on ur own o.
I am a conk MFM member but I don't display all these traits you have mentioned. Every denomination have their extremists, so don't be misled into believing that all staunch MFM members behave this way.

FYI, I don't see anything wrong in praying 'all the time' because even the scriptures tells us that the effervent prayer of a righteous men avails much

1 Like

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Ishilove: 9:57am On Nov 28, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Abi o...

Question is when d husband isn't taking his position in the home, what happens to such a woman?

Ehn, the woman will bear the responsibility because she can't leave the home like that.
Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Ishilove: 10:13am On Nov 28, 2013

Wow. A satan worshipper is married to a christian woman, reads the bible and comes on line to exalt satan. He also has time to create hundreds of monikers, whilst juggling his husbandly duties.

Liar liar, pants on fire. This is the biggest bullshit I have read this week. Hilarious cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Tgirl4real(f): 10:19am On Nov 28, 2013
Ishilove:
Ehn, the woman will bear the responsibility because she can't leave the home like that.

So, she becomes the spiritual head huh? undecided angry

Can't our men be responsible
Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Tgirl4real(f): 10:21am On Nov 28, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Is that what your pastor told you or did you figure that out all by yourself?

olodo

U think I am as dumb as you are not to know that the man should be the head? grin

SMH

2 Likes

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 28, 2013
Ishilove:
I am a conk MFM member but I don't display all these traits you have mentioned. Every denomination have their extremists, so don't be misled into believing that all staunch MFM members behave this way.

FYI, I don't see anything wrong in praying 'all the time' because even the scriptures tells us that the effervent prayer of a righteous men avails much

Whatever rocks ur boat!
Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 28, 2013
Ishilove:
Wow. A satan worshipper is married to a christian woman, reads the bible and comes on line to exalt satan. He also has time to create hundreds of monikers, whilst juggling his husbandly duties.

Liar liar, pants on fire. This is the biggest bullshit I have read this week. Hilarious cheesy cheesy

Don't mind him!!!!!!!!!! Olorisha!
Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by UyiIredia(m): 10:45am On Nov 28, 2013
Ishilove:

Hmmn ! I mistook you for a Catholic. Sha sha ! Many know what MFM stand for: the 'all my enemies fall down and die' type of Christianity, we see that in their many pamphlets and newsletter and we hear them screaming it during vigils, for my area dem no dey let person sleep well.

2 Likes

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by UyiIredia(m): 10:53am On Nov 28, 2013
4tunebest: God blesses the man and this rubs off on his wife and kids(Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Noah and many other examples in the scriptures). That is how He ordained it. He placed Adam in the garden of Eden as a result of which, Eve took part in that garden. There is a garden of Eden for every home but when the husband doesnt take up the role of being the spiritual head, he can't acccess certain privileges, guidelines and direction from God, and then, the home struggles to achieve what should have been somewhat easy. If a woman is close to God and the husband isn't, the home can't maximize its potentials compared with if the man had a close relationship with God. Slowly but surely, strife creeps in, and then anger, bitterness, unforgiveness, and finally........ Tales of marital woe on Nairaland family section angry

This is profoundly mistaken. And I say such especially since the first decade of my parent's marriage, 5 years I lived to observe was okay, and at that, better than most Christians, and they weren't Christians. Please rid yourselfnof the religious indoctrination that makes you think followership of Christ and/or God is guarantee for successful marriage. It isn't. There have been failed and successful marriage before Abraham walked this earth.

2 Likes

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:22am On Nov 28, 2013
Ishilove:

I see. SMH. Limited world view. Limited exposure. If it doesn't fit your tiny world view, it must be a lie.

1 Like

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:23am On Nov 28, 2013
Tgirl4real:

olodo

U think I am as dumb as you are not to know that the man should be the head? grin

SMH

See your life. Stay there and be looking for a man to take care of you while real women are making it in this world.

1 Like

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Tgirl4real(f): 11:43am On Nov 28, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

See your life. Stay there and be looking for a man to take care of you while real women are making it in this world.

I SMH for you one more time. grin

You remind me of one user like that...you guys sound alike. grin
Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by MrPresident1: 11:55am On Nov 28, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

This is profoundly mistaken. And I say such especially since the first decade of my parent's marriage, 5 years I lived to observe was okay, and at that, better than most Christians, and they weren't Christians. Please rid yourselfnof the religious indoctrination that makes you think followership of Christ and/or God is guarantee for successful marriage. It isn't. There have been failed and successful marriage before Abraham walked this earth.

The bolded is profoundly incorrect. If marriage and the order of it is followed as The Almighty God ordained it, there wouldnt be any cases of failed marriages.
21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

Above is the recipe for a successful marriage as prescribed by The Almighty God.

5 Likes

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Ishilove: 11:59am On Nov 28, 2013
sandijey:

Don't mind him!!!!!!!!!! Olorisha!
Lmao!!

Married ko, Mariana and Catalina ni cheesy
Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Ishilove: 12:00pm On Nov 28, 2013
Tgirl4real:

I SMH for you one more time. grin

You remind me of one user like that...you guys sound alike. grin
If he reminds of a user, then he is prolly the one. Alfa has hundreds of clones grin
Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by MostHigh: 12:32pm On Nov 28, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

You are a really wierd Man though.smiley

Not knowing your place in creation, nor the place of the woman.

Even in the animal kingdom there is such a thing as the alpha male.grin grin

A womans primary assingment is her household and not making it in the world as you put It, keep on pushing your woman into the world as you yaself delve deeper into the world also.

Time will tell.

3 Likes

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Mintayo(m): 12:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Abi o...

Question is when d husband isn't taking his position in the home, what happens to such a woman?

She needs to pray and commit him to God in prayers, that God should open his eyes.
God respects hierarchy, anointing can only flow from the Husband to the wife and then the children, and never the other way round.
No wife should ever try to take up the role of the husband as the Spiritual head of the home, it's disastrous.
The Op actually made sense here.

1 Like

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
mcfynest: spot on sir. top of the morning to you

dayummm, this is a nice and poignant post sir.....

yes, the husband must have a relationship with the father,

please i recommed this post to the FP
top of the morning to you mcfynest. being a hot minute. you as scarce as an englishman in oshodi grin
Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: For the first time this year, I totally agree with Obdear....Oh Lord this coming month seems to be a good one....

Obadear, are you considering marriage after all? tongue there is a potential wifey on this forum for you. grin
hehe HBG i am considering many things grin

2 Likes

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 28, 2013
MEILYN: Hmmmmmm, what kind of article is this one? Mtcheeeeewwwww.
ONE IN A MILLION POST SIREgrin grin... SAVING THIS, VERY VERY GOOD....
hehe bros MEILYN. i troway hailings my chief grin

1 Like

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 28, 2013
Kaylize76: You know for the first time ever, I don't feel like arguing about this...I actually find it right, after all the bible is right.

1 Corinthians 11:3
King James Version (KJV)
3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God
4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

This verses now begins to make sense.

Thanks Obadiah777, that women preaching talk now makes sense to me now. smiley smiley

awww suki suki now. TPB has finally come full circle hehe. our militant sister grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Greatest Atheist Quotes / Things You Never Thought God Can Do / Joshua Iginla Gives 40 Disables Including Muslims N150k Each To Mark Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.