Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS (28187 Views)

CPC's Fashakin Replies Reuben Abati / CPC’s Fashakin Is A Brainless Ignoramus - Abati / Breaking News Ibrahim Shekarau Arrested By Sss Over Sponsorship Of Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

Re: Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS by biafranqueen: 9:11pm On Nov 29, 2013
duni04:
gringringringrin
u have a very interesting imagination
I know right grin grin but honestly reading the Doctors post on Nairaland reveals that he was calling for the Military to take over Nigeria that is a big caseooooo. He was pushing for the civilian arm forces to take over Nigeria that is a case for SSS. https://www.nairaland.com/1291839/time-nigerian-armed-forces-take#15744991
Re: Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS by Gregzee: 9:14pm On Nov 29, 2013
The level of intelligence in expressions of most people on this blog is worrisome! The meaning of SSS tells even a slowpoke that the operations are secret! How then do the opposers of Federal Govt. attribute even action of the law enforcement agents to the office of the president!
Re: Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 29, 2013
Re: Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS by duni04(m): 9:26pm On Nov 29, 2013
Gregzee: The level of intelligence in expressions of most people on this blog is worrisome! The meaning of SSS tells even a slowpoke that the operations are secret! How then do the opposers of Federal Govt. attribute even action of the law enforcement agents to the office of the president!
State security service or directorate of state security. Where's the secret there? Uv bin readin too much sahara reportere cos I know that's d only place where d sss is called Nigerias secret police. I love sahara reporters but they have this uncanny aptitude for the sensational. Instead of just giving us d news d way it is, they add salt pepper and maggi.

Re: Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS by danjalingo: 9:28pm On Nov 29, 2013
Olaolufred:

YOU MEAN ANYONE WHO IS NOT IN PDP INSULTS EBELE?
ARE THEY NIGERIAN?
IF YES, THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO EXPRESS THEIR OPINION ABOUT ANYONE WHO SITS ON ASO ROCK.
HOWEVER, YOU CANNOT ASSUME INSULT WHEN YOU,VE NOT BEEN TOLD WHAT HE SAID AND HOW OR WHY HE SAID IT.

.....and also why the arrest was made.
Re: Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS by jice(m): 9:28pm On Nov 29, 2013
take dat: We only comment based on information available in the public domain. It was @Acid who used the word 'insulted', @Op used criticized. So that was why I asked if he or she can prove that the man arrested insulted the president. You do not have comprehension problems bro!!!
that notorious El-Rufai has said it, it has become true that he was arrested for insulting the office/person of the president. why not get your facts right before your criticism.
Re: Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS by pmc01(m): 9:30pm On Nov 29, 2013
Pataki:
And yet you are going to sleep tonight without 24 hours electricity, lock your doors and windows like you are in kirikiri. How has your life been better for not speaking up against the clueless and corruption loaded leadership of GEJ?

You are a living e-diot that should be kept in a museum for mankind to be dazzled with.

Woooah! Technical KO!

That brings us to the end of tonight's match-up. Ladies and Gentlemen, hope you enjoyed tonight's show. cheesy

Re: Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
it's the man turn today, it may be yours tomorrow. be careful.
Re: Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS by Gorandai: 9:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
If Fashakin is really being held for nothing other than his comments then we get to see what Nigerians are really made of. We'll see if people just watch it all go down without a peep. After all, doesn't this guy represent the very best of what the country has to offer? First in his class in medical school and top academic honors in law school. Now a community doctor and lawyer. Haba! THey couldn't have chosen a worse candidate for persecution.
Re: Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS by Gorandai: 9:46pm On Nov 29, 2013
HE HAS BEEN RELEASED.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/150586-sss-arrests-releases-fashakin-brother-of-buharis-loyalist.html

Home » News » SSS arrests, releases Fashakin, brother of Buhari’s loyalist
SSS arrests, releases Fashakin, brother of Buhari’s loyalist
Sani Tukur
Published: November 29,2013

The suspect spent about 13 hours in SSS custody.
The Department of State Security Services has released Emmanuel Fashakin who was arrested at Murtala Mohammed International Airport Lagos, early on Friday after arriving from the United States of America.
Mr. Fashakin told PREMIUM TIMES on telephone that shortly after he emerged from the SSS detention facility in Ikoyi that his release followed inquiries by officials of the U.S. embassy in Nigeria.
Emmanuel Fashakin is a brother of Rotimi Fashakin, the spokesperson of the defunct Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, a party founded by former head of state, Muhammadu Buhari.
He said the SSS informed the U.S. embassy staff that they arrested him in error over what they claimed was a case of mistaken identity.
“They informed the embassy people that it was a case of mistaken identity and they had me released, but while interrogating me, they never said anything like that, they only told me this after they told the embassy staff,” he said.
Mr. Fashakin, who is also an American citizen, stated that his arrest might not be unconnected to a remark he posted on his Facebook page some months ago in which he criticised the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan.
He said he never took up arms against the country and had no links with any terrorist group. He said he was just an ordinary citizen showing his anger over how things have become in Nigeria.
“They were only lying when the American embassy called them. Back in the U.S. were I made the so called criticism, we have the fourth amendment rights whereby any American can abuse the president all the time, and nobody will come and arrest you, as long as you are not carrying arms to fight the government.
Mr. Fashakin was released after spending over 13 hours in detention by at the SSS’ offices at the Airport and Ikoyi, Lagos.
The victim’s brother, Rotimi Fashakin, had earlier told PREMIUM TIMES his brother was arrested around 5 a.m. shortly after arriving Nigeria from New York
“I was on my way to pick him up at the Airport when I received a call from him that he had been detained and his passport was taken away,” he said.
Mr. Fashakin, who is a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, APC, also said the arrest and illegal detention of his brother is a sign that the Nigerian government is getting jittery and increasingly repressive.
“They are showing signs of a regime that is on its way out. These type of regimes become repressive when they are dying,” he said.
He said “they did not allow his lawyers to see him, while, we his family members have also not been allowed to see him,”.
Before the release of Mr. Fashakin, his lawyer, Bamidele Aturu, had issued a petition to the director general of the SSS, giving him 24 hours to release Mr. Fashakin.
In the petition, a copy of which was made available to PREMIUM TIMES, Mr. Aturu stated that it is clearly indefensible to subject a person who had been on an eleven hour non-stop flight to the physical and psychological stress of detention which cause is not divulged for hours.
“Without doubt, the act of the operatives constitutes an unwarranted violation of the right of our client to respect for the dignity of his person and not to be subjected to inhuman and degrading treatment as guaranteed by section 34 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 as amended, Articles 4 and 5 of the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights and all other International Human Rights Instruments,” he stated.
The lawyer gave the DG 24 hours to release his client after receiving the correspondence in accordance with Mr. Fashakin’s undoubted rights under both Nigerian and international law.
Mr. Aturu said it is worrisome that arrest of dissidents and principled voices is now becoming the order of the day even in a dispensation that claims to be democratic.
“It is important that we emphasise that preventive detention has no place in a liberal democratic society. Indeed, it is unconscionable and represents an intolerable reversal of the gains that our people have made in our unstoppable march from military despotism to a free society.
“As officers in the temple of justice, it is our bounden duty to put it beyond any peradventure that our client is entitled to be treated with all the dignities guaranteed by the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria including but not limited to reasonable access to his lawyers, family members and doctors,” Mr. Aturu said.

MISTAKEN IDENTITY. I DONT BUY IT.
Re: Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS by daywatcher: 9:47pm On Nov 29, 2013
Has Rufai said anything about olishimole telling widow to go and die?
Re: Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 29, 2013
Special Adviser to the
President on Political Matters,
Ahmed Gulak
The Special Adviser to President Goodluck
Jonathan on Political Affairs, Alhaji Ahmed
Gulak, has threatened to resign his
appointment “if the President refuses to
make himself available for the 2015
presidential election.”
The President has repeatedly warned
anyone against starting 2015 campaigns for
him.
While Jonathan is yet to declare his
ambition, preferring to make his decision
public, there has been serious pressure on
him to run for re-election in 2015.
But Gulak who has consistently maintained
that the President is eligible to contest in
2015, said there was “no alternative to
President Jonathan in 2015.”
Gulak, according to a statement by his
Special Assistant, Chief Perry Opara, made
the declaration in Owerri, the Imo State
capital, while addressing a group during a
unity rally for Jonathan at the Rosy Arts
Centre.
When contacted to confirm if actually he
issued the threat, Gulak told THE PUNCH
that it was true.
He said, “Confirmed! It is true, I issued the
threat to resign if Jonathan does not make
himself available for the 2015 presidential
election. That was during the unity rally held
for Jonathan in Owerri.”
Re: Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS by Gorandai: 9:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
Since when does SSS suddenly release after 13 hours on the story of mistaken identity?
Re: Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 29, 2013
biafranqueen: I know right grin grin but honestly reading the Doctors post on Nairaland reveals that he was calling for the Military to take over Nigeria that is a big caseooooo. He was pushing for the civilian arm forces to take over Nigeria that is a case for SSS. https://www.nairaland.com/1291839/time-nigerian-armed-forces-take#15744991

Other than that particular post, which calls for the khaki boyz to do the needful, there is nothing in the good doc's public profile that lends itself to serious anti-government activism. Still, this case provides 'treasonable NLers' who post under their real names with food for thought.

An 18-year-old, Umar Abdullahi, has been put in prison for allegedly insulting Governor Ibrahim Dankwambo on Facebook.

The Pantami Magistrates’ Court in Gombe State on Wednesday remanded Abdullahi after he pleaded guilty to the charge before the court.

Speaking to at a resumed hearing, the prosecutor, Sardauna Wukuma told the court that the police were still investigating the matter.

Source

Re: Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS by Vivipedia: 9:57pm On Nov 29, 2013
Where has freedom of speech gone to? Visit: http://www.vivipedia.com
Re: Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS by phlame(m): 10:00pm On Nov 29, 2013
Acidosis: Good!

We need a scape goat..

The top and first class thieves, thugs and barbarians think they can insult the office of the president and get away with it..

I ask, where were these genetic goats during the time of President Obasanjo?
Who among these goats is bold enough to criticize insult him back then?

GEJ is such an humble man with a commendable tolerance.

I*DI*OT
Re: Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS by flyingdutchman(m): 10:07pm On Nov 29, 2013
[b][/b]I PITY YOU ALL! ALL THESE "YOU PEOPLE", "YOUR GEJ", YOU WESTERNERS OR SOUTHERNERS OR IGBOS ETC. A TIME WILL COME WHEN YOU LOT WILL FACE THE MUIC. TRIBALISTS!!!

Re: Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS by Ayed44: 10:12pm On Nov 29, 2013
JulianBond007: oh please shut the hell up! This is a democratic government and Jonathan has no right to arrest any of his critic. Obama gets insulted online on daily basis and he has never arrested anyone. Why is Jonathan making himself a dictator?
. Old boy, who told u dat d man was arrested 4 insulting GEJ? Why can't u contact SSS and find out d real reason 4 his arrest b4 linking everythin to GEJ? Or must u comment on anything posted on nairaland?
Re: Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS by duni04(m): 10:14pm On Nov 29, 2013
Gorandai: HE HAS BEEN RELEASED.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/150586-sss-arrests-releases-fashakin-brother-of-buharis-loyalist.html

MISTAKEN IDENTITY. I DONT BUY IT.
This is incredible. So these pple have time to ruminage through d posts of random people on facebook! The guy is not even a political activist, he's just d brother of one. Wonder how he now qualified for profiling by the SSS. People are dying of boko haram attacks in d north and d people who ought to b preempting and stopping these attacks are busy monitoring the facebook accounts of the brothers of political activists! This is just incredible
Re: Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS by moscobabs(m): 10:26pm On Nov 29, 2013
una dey fight on top polithivians abi? very soon u will hear say another cross carpeting don happen where GEJ go decamp to APC.
Re: Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 29, 2013
just laffing.....if to say oga Joh dey nairaland, e 4 don commit suicide....some people no even read d content, as dem see Joh, dia liver bigin dey high.....people who dey chop ewa oloka plenty 4 nairaland ohhhh grin
Re: Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS by badmrkt(m): 10:27pm On Nov 29, 2013
Yorubas your love for your northern masters is touching...you gulp every sink and hook they throw , inasmuch as it's about GEJ....by the way, i think it's high time hell rufai get paid for spending half his life on Twitter...
Re: Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS by Btruth: 10:31pm On Nov 29, 2013
Beginning of the Ending!

Re: Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS by obc: 10:37pm On Nov 29, 2013
Pataki:
And yet you are going to sleep tonight without 24 hours electricity, lock your doors and windows like you are in kirikiri. How has your life been better for not speaking up against the clueless and corruption loaded leadership of GEJ?

You are a living e-diot that should be kept in a museum for mankind to be dazzled with.

Must you curse him? I can only make out one thing from most of your post on naira LAND "TRIBAL SENTIMENTS"
Re: Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS by Jman06(m): 10:38pm On Nov 29, 2013
I'm very sure that nobody here knows the reason behind this arrest. The GEJ i know cannot just arrest somebody for insulting him. That said. I'm also happy that some people who expected GEJ to become authoritarian so as to be seen as a 'strong man' have suddenly realized that we are in a democracy where following due process is the norm.

Re: Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 29, 2013
GEJ gives lots of people on NL sleepless nights, Sometimes i wonder where all these people were when OBJ was the president. As every tunde and ahmed take get mouth immediately GEJ assumed power surprises me a lot that i kept asking myself where were all these people during the wasted years that the northerners held power without achieving anything dame thing and OBJ's wasted 8yrs.
Re: Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS by wogorparadise: 10:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
take dat: Do you have a proof to show that he 'insulted' the President? Why are folks like you interested in promoting this growing culture of intolerance, a culture where debates and dissents are frowned upon, a culture of concordance, a culture where second opinions are discouraged? We are no longer in a military era, and you should know that our democracy is evolving, more Nigerians are becoming aware of their right to express their views. Because OBJ who happened to be a militrician in agbada got away with illegalities does not mean GEJ should do the same, after all, he rode to power under the euphoria of transformation/fresh air.

Yes, it is morally binding on us all to respect the office of the president but I have not seen anywhere in the constitution where it is stated that, it is a criminal offense to insult the honor and prestige of the president. So on what legal basis was the man arrested supposing he insulted the president?

Jonathan voluntarily decided for vie for the presidency, no one forced him except for sycophants. Besides he is well renumerated/compensated for doing or not doing his job. The real people who gets insulted daily are the average Nigerians whose wealth/resources the killers of dreams and marauders of aspirations in government plunder and pillage on a daily basis, yet we(average Nigerians) have no SSS, EFCC or NPF to arrest them.
do u also hv proof that sss arested him?
Re: Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS by okechukwu2013: 10:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
I do not understand this crap of respect for the office of the president! Is he God? I think Nigerians blindly supporting every thing about GEJ are more pathetic and clueless than the so called president!

I need to have a real president before I think of regard and respect for the office. This time around the country is like a ship without a ruder!

So shut your stinking gutter about insult on mr prisedent cos when I checked last we have none!

Re: Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS by Jman06(m): 10:54pm On Nov 29, 2013
This campaign of calumny against GEJ must fail! Op, fear God oo! You had to post this fallacy simply because you want people to visit your useless blog? Karma is watching you oo!
Re: Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS by badmrkt(m): 10:57pm On Nov 29, 2013
okechukwu2013: I do not understand this crap of respect for the office of the president! Is he God? I think Nigerians blindly supporting every thing about GEJ are more pathetic and clueless than the so called president!

I need to have a real president before I think of regard and respect for the office. This time around the country is like a ship without a ruder!

So shut your stinking gutter about insult on mr prisedent cos when I checked last we have none!
pathetic scumbag!...bro you're so fvckd up already...its high time you got a life. You don't' have a what...?
Re: Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS by DonaldGenes(m): 11:00pm On Nov 29, 2013
[size=28pt]Up NePa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo / Ike Ekweremadu Reacts To Fulani Herdsmen's Attack In Enugu - Read / Tinubu Pictured With Godswill Akpabio At Abuja Airport.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82