Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Is Eminem Really The Rap God? - Music/Radio (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Eminem Really The Rap God? (38950 Views)

Is Eminem The Most Emotional Rapper? / Is Eminem Really The Rap God?? / Is Eminem Richer Than Lil Wayne (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
Rap(music in general) isn't jst abt hw much u've sold, for example during the timaya and Asa era..timaya sold morethan Asa..but plsss, u can't evn compare d goodness of their songs cos asa is way above timaya's league..Rap is Art, jst like fine arts, literature and d likes..it shld send a msg and tell a story, talk to d mind and inspire the soul...to set the standards, I'll recomend these 2pacs song
1. Still I rise
2.Only God can judge Me
3.Dear Mama
4.Hit em up
5.Life goes On...five tracks, five differnt themes, each telln a differnt kind of story with a differnt kind of style..listen to them over and over again, then u cn Judge all other rappers, eminem inclusive, and decide who truly is better

1 Like

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by richP: 7:02pm On Dec 04, 2013
Nelly Ghenghen:

Why? because its a white man's world!! white man say something is good and we conform! same way they are making justin bieber look extraordinary meanwhile the guy dey sing nonsense, same way they made michael jackson change his skin color cos they couldn't bare the fact that a black-man was the king of pop. Eminem is a good rapper but god of rap?? helllll to the NO!!! does he have flows like Tupac, kendrick lamar? does he have punchlines like kanye west, Nas? even lil wayne!!!wtf?
flows, punchlines?? listen to eminem before you judge based on wat so myopic kunts wrote on here.. kanye west punchlines?? really? really?? really?¿?? lol.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by JulianBond007: 7:05pm On Dec 04, 2013
Nelly Ghenghen:

Why? because its a white man's world!! white man say something is good and we conform! same way they are making justin bieber look extraordinary meanwhile the guy dey sing nonsense, same way they made michael jackson change his skin color cos they couldn't bare the fact that a black-man was the king of pop. Eminem is a good rapper but god of rap?? helllll to the NO!!! does he have flows like Tupac, kendrick lamar? does he have punchlines like kanye west, Nas? even lil wayne!!!wtf?
. Honestly some people don't just get it! You just nailed it bruv! You've said it all!
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by richP: 7:08pm On Dec 04, 2013
JulianBond007: . Honestly some people don't just get it! You just nailed it bruv! You've said it all!
all your comments here are dumb and leaning towards racism.
were your relatives taken into slavery by whites? why the hate?

2 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by JulianBond007: 7:15pm On Dec 04, 2013
richP:
all your comments here are dumb and leaning towards racism.
were your relatives taken into slavery by whites? why the hate?
I have said it several times this has nothing to do with racism. Can't you just get it? I love rap music. Hadcore rap. Eminem might be a good rapper for you but not for me. He's just overhyped cos he is white. Its a white man's world in America.

Could you please tell him to stop barking when he raps? It sucks seriously! grin grin
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by JulianBond007: 7:15pm On Dec 04, 2013
Dp
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
niggadee: Lol only reason people rave about 2pac was because of circumstances behind his death.thats Bs.tupac came from black panther activist family's her mum was philanthropist and former political activist. Tupac attempts reconciliation between the black and white in American because of the racial tension he also exposed the Institutional racism in American

Lols..watz dis dudez talkn Mtchww..u guys are not evn worth it
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
Nas all they way..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xvcXkKzd7Y

First off, Illmatic. Talk about arguably the greatest hip hop album ever made, most will say this is that album.

2. Nas has mastered the art of storytelling. He has proved hes more versatile than any other rapper with his ability to rap about anything. If we were to make a list of the best storytelling rappers, Nas is #1 by a landslide. The guy has touched on every topic imaginable. From letters to people in Jail, making a song in first person as a handgun, to making a song about fatherhood. The guy could make a song about going to mcdonalds drive thru and it would be great.

3. Lyricism. You know it's one thing to be a great lyricist, but when you combine incredible lyrics with vivid storytelling...what more can you ask for? That defines hip hop.

4. He's been the most consistent rapper in the game for 20 years. Sure he had a time where he wasn't real hot around 98-2000, but he stormed back in 01 and has made nothing but quality since.

5. Here's my last reason. Nas is the longest active rapper in the game right now. He's been in the game over 20 years and still making amazing music.
I like to compare Nas to guys like Eminem and Jay Z. Yeah they both had periods of great runs, but no where near as consistent as Nas.
Nas has yet to go commercial. Sure he's mainstream always has been, but Nas definitely aint commercial. Jay and Em have both gone commercial. Those are 2 great rappers who have turned pop.

1 Like

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by coogar: 7:21pm On Dec 04, 2013
Nelly Ghenghen:

kendrick lamar compared to eminem? kanye west? mode-9 in nigeria raps better than kanye. are you kidding me? you call all that bullshyte kanye does rapping?

i think i can identify 2 groups in this discourse. those who want to dance to rap beats crew and those who actually listen to the lyrics crew.

you need a high level of intelligence to understand the puns eminem infuse in his lyrics. it looks so simple & ordinary but it often carries double meaning.

this is another example.....

"But if I can't batter the women, how the fück am I supposed to bake them a cake then?"

1 Like

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by raystanley(m): 7:24pm On Dec 04, 2013
A.jeez:
Lols..he is good..bt I'll still pick 50cent ahead..nevertheless..to those mentioning 2pac on this thread..pleassse stop..no 1 shld b compared to PAC..pac isn't jst a rapper, you need to have a BIG spirit to trully understand and appreciate the perspective of PAC's life
He was a terrorist...
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by richP: 7:26pm On Dec 04, 2013
JulianBond007: I have said it several times this has nothing to do with racism. Can't you just get it? I love rap music. Hadcore rap. Eminem might be a good rapper for you but not for me. He's just overhyped cos he is white. Its a white man's world in America.

Could you please tell him to stop barking when he raps? It sucks seriously! grin grin
s
#
Country
Local Fans
% of Fan Base
United States
27.0 %
Mexico
5.4 %
United Kingdom
5.0 %
India
4.9 %
Brazil
3.7 %
France
2.9 %
Canada
2.5 %
Philippines
2.3 %
Germany
2.3 %
Argentina
2.1 %
Italy
2.0 %
Indonesia
2.0 %
Turkey
1.7 %
Australia
1.7 %
Colombia
1.6 %
Poland
1.3 %
Chile
1.3 %
Egypt
1.2 %
Peru
1.1 %
Malaysia
1.0 %
Venezuela
1.0 %
Pakistan
0.9 %
Morocco
0.8 %
Spain
0.8 %
Algeria
0.8 %
Romania
0.8 %
Iran
0.8 %
Ecuador
0.6 %
Thailand
0.6 %
Portugal
0.6 %
South Africa
0.6 %
Serbia
0.5 %
Vietnam
0.5 %
Tunisia
0.5 %
Nigeria
0.5 %
Ireland
0.5 %
Hungary
0.4 %
Belgium
0.4 %
Greece
0.4 %
Bulgaria
0.4 %
New Zealand
0.4 %
Sweden
0.4 %
Czech Republic
0.3 %
Saudi Arabia

0.3 %
Bangladesh
0.3 %
are this whites? ?
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by fruityjojo(f): 7:57pm On Dec 04, 2013
Nelly Ghenghen:

Entitled 2 ya own opinion & your own feelings of inferiority! The President of da USA is is black frm kenya not even black American! Y isn't he white! Abeg examine ur self ohhh.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by mazizitonene(m): 8:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
Eminem is good no doubt...but pls don't compare him with 2pac and co. even in d song 'rap god' he recognized dem as his superiors, he said dey made him.....so don't go dia @ all....but u can compare him with jayZ and lil wayne. NAS is way better dan eminem. If u doubt, google is ur friend. NAS is a boss in d game
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by fruityjojo(f): 8:23pm On Dec 04, 2013
Nelly Ghenghen:

Entitled 2 ya own opinion & your own feelings of inferiority! The President of da USA is is black frm kenya not even black American! Y isn't he white! Abeg examine ur self ohhh!
Common sense & if u knew anytin abt rap music & d rap community u would know it was 5times more difficult for Eminem 2 break in2 it dan any oda black rapper! & 4 him 2 have gained such respect goes 2 show how gudd/dop£ he is!

1 Like

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 04, 2013
I don't like rap music,bt I'll listen anyday as long as Eminem's dere.
D guy is too good,every line's a punchline. I listened to "Letter to Stan" nd "No Love" nd I wanted to hug this guy,and don't even get me started on "Mockingbird".
I doff my hat joor...
I wudn't knw abt 2-pac,so I cnt compare but Eminem is IT for me
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by RSAMAN(m): 8:26pm On Dec 04, 2013
coogar: eminem is an enigma, something of a shape shifter, a constructor of elaborately self-referential personas whose penchant for self-exploration can often take the form of snide, self-consciously juvenile lyrical play, bracingly bitter tirades or ice grilled hip-hop classicism.

when he dropped this single "Rap God" off his new album(MMLP-2) some few weeks ago, he finally confirmed his status as the modern shakespeare of hip-hop. the incisive lyricism, delivery & the technique displayed throughout hasn't been seen yet in the entire hip-hop industry. is he really the rap god?

He isn't. I can name 50 rappers that would give eminem a run for his money. For instance, i dare you to imagine any recent verse by eminem that could come even close to this verse

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3byEUZm0r40[/flash]

Eminem hasn't been on this level since 2004. I dare anyone to tell me any verse by eminem that could come any close to that.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by DopestepTJ(m): 8:30pm On Dec 04, 2013
fruityjojo:
Entitled 2 ya own opinion & your own feelings of inferiority! The President of da USA is is black frm kenya not even black American! Y isn't he white! Abeg examine ur self ohhh!
Common sense & if u knew anytin abt rap music & d rap community u would know it was 5times more difficult for Eminem 2 break in2 it dan any oda black rapper! & 4 him 2 have gained such respect goes 2 show how gudd/dop£ he is!
On point, Merci beaucoup Mademoiselle
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by DopestepTJ(m): 8:33pm On Dec 04, 2013
RSAMAN:

He isn't. I can name 50 rappers that would give eminem a run for his money. For instance, i dare you to imagine any recent verse by eminem that could come even close to this verse

[flash=425,400]

Eminem hasn't been on this level since 2004. I dare anyone to tell me any verse by eminem that could come any close to that.
I was expecting to see your post since, I knew you'll surely post something about R.A. The Rugged Man
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by coogar: 8:36pm On Dec 04, 2013
RSAMAN:

[flash=425,400]

this is basic rapping - bland & formulaic.
big punisher did loads of this in the mid-90s & it's overplayed. rap has evolved beyond this. it's an example of what eminem describes as hippydy booh-blah. grin cheesy

eminem's 2nd verse in stay wide awake kills anything any rapper has spewed since 1800. if you can find a rapper who rhymed an entire sentence of 10 words with another sentence of 10 words while telling a story then i will renounce eminem right here as the rap god.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by DeeSho: 9:08pm On Dec 04, 2013
Jay Z broke the record for most no. 1 albums by a solo artist in history with 11 beating the legendary Elvis Presley and is the richest rapper at a worth of half a billon dollars.
He's definitely the BEST & G.O.A.T
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by RSAMAN(m): 9:21pm On Dec 04, 2013
coogar:

this is basic rapping - bland & formulaic.
big punisher did loads of this in the mid-90s & it's overplayed. rap has evolved beyond this. it's an example of what eminem describes as hippydy booh-blah. grin cheesy

eminem's 2nd verse in stay wide awake kills anything any rapper has spewed since 1800. if you can find a rapper who rhymed an entire sentence of 10 words with another sentence of 10 words while telling a story then i will renounce eminem right here as the rap god.

stay wide awake, i remember this being the only good song on relapse but ain't as spectecular as you make it out to be. Hell yeah Pun did it in the mid 90s. Basic rapping? Name any other rapper that did it. Only pun himself could pull that off. I don't remember listening to a rapper and asking myself: ''oh... How does he breathe?''. RA is the man.

1 Like

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by coogar: 9:41pm On Dec 04, 2013
RSAMAN:
stay wide awake, i remember this being the only good song on relapse but ain't as spectecular as you make it out to be. Hell yeah Pun did it in the mid 90s. Basic rapping? Name any other rapper that did it. Only pun himself could pull that off. I don't remember listening to a rapper and asking myself: ''oh... How does he breathe?''. RA is the man.

canibus, immortal tech, dre(outkast), kurupt, etc. this style was so popular in the mid-90s & this is why i am saying it's basic rapping. most of these rappers at the top level all have good delivery & their enunciation is superb - there's no point focusing on that - if their delivery is wack they won't be representing top record companies.

i focus more on the content of their work - how they put words together intelligently. the number of syllables they use, the rhyme pattern(end rhymes or mosaic rhymes), etc. this is where eminem earns his stripes as the most superior of all.

go & listen to legacy - 3 full verses that end with the same rhyme from the first sentence to the last & he was telling a story & ending with the same polysyllabic rhyme pattern all through. that's pure ingenuity that basic rappers like kanye, lil wayne, RA the ruggedman can never ever have.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by eazurri: 9:42pm On Dec 04, 2013
2ND ACCT: VECTOR IS RAP GOD

brain
2ND ACCT: VECTOR IS RAP GOD

brain
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by demsid(m): 9:46pm On Dec 04, 2013
forget am. Eminem good but 2pac is d main rapgod. I love Eminem .best rapper alive Eminem
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by eazurri: 9:48pm On Dec 04, 2013
how would som1 tell me Eminem iznt 1 of d top 10 rapper
gosh! he iz no1!... dont even mention lil Wayne here
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by mikeakeh(m): 10:02pm On Dec 04, 2013
01mcfadden: If kendrick should hear this...then you are in trouble!
lol... eminem n dre raised raised kendrick... hez frm compton wit dr dre,... Kendrick called himself king of d west coast cuz he z lyk their replacement as wen wen dey r no mre knwn or die.. he said he is a rap god, did u hear an oda rapper dat saod dy dnt agree? no! so obviously dy knw he is... m&m is ma idol.. haters, watch 8mile.. u'll luv him
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by mikeakeh(m): 10:02pm On Dec 04, 2013
01mcfadden: If kendrick should hear this...then you are in trouble!
lol... eminem n dre raised raised kendrick... hez frm compton wit dr dre,... Kendrick called himself king of d west coast cuz he z lyk their replacement as wen wen dey r no mre knwn or die.. he said he is a rap god, did u hear an oda rapper dat saod dy dnt agree? no! so obviously dy knw he is... m&m is ma idol.. haters, watch 8mile.. u'll luv him... all nowadays rappers talk abt is nt a always far 4rm sex....
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by RSAMAN(m): 10:06pm On Dec 04, 2013
coogar:

canibus, immortal tech, dre(outkast), kurupt, etc. this style was so popular in the mid-90s & this is why i am saying it's basic rapping. most of these rappers at the top level all have good delivery & their enunciation is superb - there's no point focusing on that - if their delivery is wack they won't be representing top record companies.

i focus more on the content of their work - how they put words together intelligently. the number of syllables they use, the rhyme pattern(end rhymes or mosaic rhymes), etc. this is where eminem earns his stripes as the most superior of all.

go & listen to legacy - 3 full verses that end with the same rhyme from the first sentence to the last & he was telling a story & ending with the same polysyllabic rhyme pattern all through. that's pure ingenuity that basic rappers like kanye, lil wayne, RA the ruggedman can never ever have.

imm tech, canibus never come any close to this level and how dare you mention lil wayne and kanye west in the same breath as R.A? Goes to show you haven't listened RA. The bolded: what did you think i was talking about when i said RA is good? Like i said i could name 50 rappers that could give eminem a run for his money. So much for a rap god.

PS: saying imm tech and canibus are elementary and their lyrics lack any substance is ignorance of the highest oder.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 04, 2013
He has not reached our level undecided

#TeamGOM
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by coogar: 10:15pm On Dec 04, 2013
RSAMAN:
imm tech, canibus never come any close to this level and how dare you mention lil wayne and kanye west in the same breath as R.A? Goes to show you haven't listened RA. The bolded: what did you think i was talking about when i said RA is dope? Like i said i could name 50 rappers that could give eminem a run for his money. So much for a rap god.

there's no rapper out there that could give eminem a run for his enemy. he's a battle rapper from the start - it's what he did before he was discovered in a rap tournament in california. he was raised eating MCs for dinner - eminem would kill & cannibalise anyone out there right now. flow, delivery, punchlines, multis, wordplay, sick metaphors, name it - eminem's got them in stacks.

PS: saying imm tech and canibus are elementary and their lyrics lack any substance is ignorance of the highest oder.

learn to comprehend.....
where did i say immortal technique & canibus are elementary? you asked me to name rappers that have don't the style of RA in the past, i gave you bis & immo-tech. how does this equate to they are wack?

bis/immo-tech have content, RA does not match them in content. RA only matches them in flow & delivery. canibus was also an awesome writer in his prime. between 97 & 2000, i could actually say canibus was in the rap god status too until he fell off.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by richP: 10:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
Bukato3: Nas all they way..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xvcXkKzd7Y

First off, Illmatic. Talk about arguably the greatest hip hop album ever made, most will say this is that album.

2. Nas has mastered the art of storytelling. He has proved hes more versatile than any other rapper with his ability to rap about anything. If we were to make a list of the best storytelling rappers, Nas is #1 by a landslide. The guy has touched on every topic imaginable. From letters to people in Jail, making a song in first person as a handgun, to making a song about fatherhood. The guy could make a song about going to mcdonalds drive thru and it would be great.

3. Lyricism. You know it's one thing to be a great lyricist, but when you combine incredible lyrics with vivid storytelling...what more can you ask for? That defines hip hop.

4. He's been the most consistent rapper in the game for 20 years. Sure he had a time where he wasn't real hot around 98-2000, but he stormed back in 01 and has made nothing but quality since.

5. Here's my last reason. Nas is the longest active rapper in the game right now. He's been in the game over 20 years and still making amazing music.
I like to compare Nas to guys like Eminem and Jay Z. Yeah they both had periods of great runs, but no where near as consistent as Nas.
Nas has yet to go commercial. Sure he's mainstream always has been, but Nas definitely aint commercial. Jay and Em have both gone commercial. Those are 2 great rappers who have turned pop.
so when Nas goes commercial he auromatically turns pop?
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by richP: 10:21pm On Dec 04, 2013
RSAMAN:

imm tech, canibus never come any close to this level and how dare you mention lil wayne and kanye west in the same breath as R.A? Goes to show you haven't listened RA. The bolded: what did you think i was talking about when i said RA is good? Like i said i could name 50 rappers that could give eminem a run for his money. So much for a rap god.

stop trying to sound hipster.
no one in the game presently touches, underground or mainstream.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido / Wizkid 'No Stress' Is No1 In Nigeria & the US World chart according to ITunes / I Need A List Of Reputable Musicians You Can Easily Play Where Kids Are!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.