Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Is Eminem Really The Rap God? - Music/Radio (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Eminem Really The Rap God? (38916 Views)

Is Eminem The Most Emotional Rapper? / Is Eminem Really The Rap God?? / Is Eminem Richer Than Lil Wayne (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by macof(m): 1:45pm On Dec 05, 2013
Wat Eminem rapped in Rap God no other rapper can even dare to try it.

He has truly achieved the rap God status
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by GetOvaMe: 1:57pm On Dec 05, 2013
JulianBond007: mumu! You
are the one high on metallic
sulphur. Eve raps better
than Eminem. Infact Female
rappers like Mc Lyte, YoYo,
Queen Latifah, Non Challant
etc are better rappers than
Eminem. Eminem sucks!
Keky: Dis 1 don craze finish ooooo

Lmao.. I swear d guy na mad man
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by PhysicsQED(m): 2:01pm On Dec 05, 2013
Coogar, you say you've heard "every relevant rap album" (I know you don't mean this exactly literally - no one person has heard every relevant album in any genre of music), but if you haven't heard "4,5,6" by Kool G. Rap, I don't think you can really assess whether or not people who rap the way he did in the past would be "laughed at" today. I doubt that you've listened to that album if you could make that comment.

And basically, what I disagree with is this idea that Eminem pioneered some supposedly unheard-of aspect of rap: multisyllabic rhyming or internal rhyming. Nor do I think that he took that aspect of rap to some new level that hadn't been done before. I think that's completely untrue. Take Big Pun’s line from “Twinz” off of his debut album: “Dead in the middle of Little Italy, little did we know that we riddled some middle men who didn’t do diddly”. That’s an example of exactly the kind of internal rhyming that you’re praising Eminem for (and claiming is somehow exclusive to him), yet for some reason you won’t admit that this style of rapping emerged during the “golden era” of rap, that it was used by multiple other rappers (like Pun in a few lines on “Twinz” and on multiple lines in songs like ‘Dream Shatterer’), you seem to be downplaying the fact that Rakim (more or less, there may have been one or two before him) pretty much created/established that aspect of rap and you seem to be giving Eminem undue credit for it.

A few examples of internal rhyming from the originator himself: (1) the song “Lyrics of Fury” (1988) in its entirety, but especially the 2nd verse, (2) the song “R.A.K.I.M.” (2002) by Rakim, especially the 1st verse, and (3) Rakim's verse on the song "Streets of New York."
Also, Nas’s verse on “Life’s a B1tch” from his first album contains internal rhyming throughout the entire verse. And then there’s “Memory Lane.” More examples of multisyllabic rhyming/internal rhymes: Chino XL’s verse on the song “Beastin,” Mos Def's verse on "Twice inna Lifetime" (1998) and all his verses on "Definition" (also 1998), Big Pun's verses on "Super Lyrical", Black Thought's verses on The Roots' "Concerto of the Desperado" (1996), Big L's verse on "Dangerzone" (from the Children of the Corn album), Inspectah Deck's verse on "Triumph," Killa Sin's verse on "Young Godz" (1996), etc.

I watched that video you posted, and I'm telling you that there’s nothing about that kind of rapping which is somehow exclusive to Eminem and I don't see how you don't see that. He didn't do something that hasn't already been done by rapping like that.

4 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by sweetguy10(m): 2:05pm On Dec 05, 2013
Hehehehehehehe Eminem is a rap god and please don't let me start giving you reasons , just accept it , the white boy is a god in a game dominated by the blacks. Coming from a loyal stan

1 Like

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by coogar: 2:58pm On Dec 05, 2013
PhysicsQED: Coogar, you say you've heard "every relevant rap album" (I know you don't mean this exactly literally - no one person has heard every relevant album in any genre of music), but if you haven't heard "4,5,6" by Kool G. Rap, I don't think you can really assess whether or not people who rap the way he did in the past would be "laughed at" today. I doubt that you've listened to that album if you could make that comment.

i wish i could make a youtube video of my iPod so you can see for yourself. i have spent more than £10,000 on copping all the relevant rap albums there is from 86 till mainstream hiphop became shyte in 2011. i have listened to that track several times & it's the same example fans of the old school rap usually bring up. it's tired & overplayed.

And basically, what I disagree with is this idea that Eminem pioneered some supposedly unheard-of aspect of rap: multisyllabic rhyming or internal rhyming. Nor do I think that he took that aspect of rap to some new level that hadn't been done before. I think that's completely untrue. Take Big Pun’s line from “Twinz” off of his debut album: “Dead in the middle of Little Italy, little did we know that we riddled some middle men who didn’t do diddly”. That’s an example of exactly the kind of internal rhyming that you’re praising Eminem for (and claiming is somehow exclusive to him), yet for some reason you won’t admit that this style of rapping emerged during the “golden era” of rap, that it was used by multiple other rappers (like Pun in a few lines on “Twinz” and on multiple lines in songs like ‘Dream Shatterer’), you seem to be downplaying the fact that Rakim (more or less, there may have been one or two before him) pretty much created/established that aspect of rap and you seem to be giving Eminem undue credit for it.

that's the thing though....big pun & co did this like few times in their albums while it's the main writing technique of eminem. eminem's first single off his 1st studio album - my name is started with......

"hi kids, do you like violence? wanna see me stick nine inch nails through each one of my eyelids? wanna copy me & do like i did? try 'cid and get fücked up worse than my life is?"

just look at the rhyme pattern, the set up & how eminem is using this to paint a story while applying those polysyllabic rhymes with perfect timing. this is why he's great.

hi kids = violence = nine inch = eye lids = i did = try 'cid = life is.

this is just lyricism at it's best. he's not only telling a story that's keeping you entertained, he's applying internal rhymes to go with it.

i need you to name any rapper in the past that does this consistently in every song or someone who did it better than eminem. i'm sure you wouldn't find any.....and this is why his pen game is unrivalled.

A few examples of internal rhyming from the originator himself: (1) the song “Lyrics of Fury” (1988) in its entirety, but especially the 2nd verse, (2) the song “R.A.K.I.M.” (2002) by Rakim, especially the 1st verse, and (3) Rakim's verse on the song "Streets of New York."

hahahaha - internal rhyming is half the job done. what about the polysyllables? the ones that run for about 5-6 sentences & give the listener an eargasm? then again, another thing eminem does better is how he bends & rhyme words that shouldn't even rhyme on paper. this techniques were nonexistent before him.

Also, Nas’s verse on “Life’s a B1tch” from his first album contains internal rhyming throughout the entire verse. And then there’s “Memory Lane.” More examples of multisyllabic rhyming/internal rhymes: Chino XL’s verse on the song “Beastin,” Mos Def's verse on "Twice inna Lifetime" (1998) and all his verses on "Definition" (also 1998), Big Pun's verses on "Super Lyrical", Black Thought's verses on The Roots' "Concerto of the Desperado" (1996), Big L's verse on "Dangerzone" (from the Children of the Corn album), etc.

eminem has been writing before all the songs you listed here. have you heard infinite? the album would blow your mind away & it was out as far back as 96 & recorded in 95.

I watched that video you posted, and I'm telling you that there’s nothing about that kind of rapping which is somehow exclusive to Eminem and I don't see how you don't see that. He didn't do something that hasn't already been done by rapping like that.

at this point, i think you should print the verses of the cats who have done this in the past. let's compare & contrast. i am not talking of a single phrase or a bar out of a verse. i am talking about consistent way of writing throughout. old school rappers were rhyming one word or two(at most) - eminem rhymed sentences(14 syllables) in the second verse of stay wide awake while painting a gory story. there's lyrics & there's lyrics.

eminem is a rap god - no one comes close.

2 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by nateevs(m): 3:36pm On Dec 05, 2013
hahahaha - internal rhyming is half the job done. what about the polysyllables? the ones that run for about 5-6 sentences & give the listener an eargasm? then again, another thing eminem does better is how he bends & rhyme words that shouldn't even rhyme on paper. this techniques were nonexistent before him.

Exactly. Like:

Me? I'm a product of Rakim
Lakim Shabazz, 2Pac N.W.A Cube, hey, Doc, Ren
Yella, Eazy, thank you, they got Slim

It's revolutionary. This does not rhyme on paper. . . but em finds a rhyme in them. I've put the main rhyme in bold black and the internal rhymes in red. It takesa higher level of rap intelligence to make this up.

You cannot make up the rhymes by looking at the lyrics without listening to the rap. That's the artistry the Em conveys.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by PhysicsQED(m): 3:40pm On Dec 05, 2013
coogar:

i wish i could make a youtube video of my iPod so you can see for yourself. i have spent more than £10,000 on copping all the relevant rap albums there is from 86 till mainstream hiphop became shyte in 2011. i have listened to that track several times & it's the same example fans of the old school rap usually bring up. it's tired & overplayed.

"4,5,6" is the name of the album I was referring to. "4,5,6" is just one track on there that shares the same name as the album. There are other, better songs on there. It's a classic album, and if more rappers flowed like that today, the music would be better off for it.

I"m not a fan of "the old school rap" grin in particular, I just like good music from any era. I've been listening to Schooboy Q's "Man of the Year" song that just came out recently, and there's nothing lyrical about that song nor is it "old school", but it sounds good so I like it.

that's the thing though....big pun & co did this like few times in their albums while it's the main writing technique of eminem. eminem's first single - my name is started with......

"hi kids, do you like violence? wanna see me stick nine inch nails through each one of my eyelids? wanna copy me & do like i did? try 'cid and get fücked up worse than my life is?"

just look at the rhyme pattern, the set up & how eminem is using this to paint a story while applying those polysyllabic rhymes with perfect timing. this is why he's great.

hi kids = violence = nine inch = eye lids = i did = try 'cid = life is. this is just lyricism at it's best. he's not only telling a story that's keeping you entertained, he's applying internal rhymes to go with it.

i need you to name any rapper in the past that does this consistently in every song or someone who did it better than eminem. i'm sure you wouldn't find any.....and this is why his pen game is unrivalled.

lol, Pun did that "a few times"? I don't feel like going over his verses in detail, and I already know that's not true. I shouldn't have to go into detail to show why that's false because you should already be familiar with (most of) his songs. I'll give two more Pun quotes that I remember, but I don't think I'm going to go digging up lyrics to multiple songs to prove something that's obvious:

"My squad is honored like Elijah Muhammad, but I'm God-retard3d, ain't no righteousness in this heart of violence" - from "Classic Verses"

"I'm all about business and enterprisin', advisin' financial advisors on franchisin' to widen their horizons, divisin' ideas with masterminders, movin' on a stash of diamonds, first we get the cash, then we laugh like minors/miners" - from "Firewater"

And I don't see how it's true that Eminem raps like he did on "Lose Yourself", "Criminal", "Till I Collapse", etc. on every song. I shouldn't have to demonstrate that that's false either - are we listening to the same rapper? He definitely doesn't rap that way in every single song. I kind of wish he had though, because the quality of his music probably wouldn't have declined as much as it did in his career.

Did you listen to each of the songs I listed? Should "pharoah" really rhyme exactly with "borough" (in the song 'R.A.K.I.M.')? Should "thorough" rhyme exactly with "hero" normally? No, but Rakim makes that happen. You keep mentioning stuff that's not exclusive to Eminem as evidence of stuff that he can do that others can't. It's just not true that stretching the sound of words that don't ordinarily rhyme to make them rhyme was "nonexistent" before Eminem. I don't even know why you would think he was the first one to do that anyway.

eminem has been writing before all the songs you listed here. have you heard infinite? the album would blow your mind away & it was out as far back as 96 & recorded in 95.

Yes, I've heard Infinite. The rapping style on that album is heavily derivative of Nas and AZ - it's imitation (after Nas's Illmatic, which has "Life's a B1tch" and "Memory Lane" that I mentioned earlier, had already been released). He changed his style after Infinite (to a style that was more like Redman, Masta Ace, Kurupt, etc. in terms of flow than early Nas or AZ) once he had gotten over the influence of Illmatic.

at this point, i think you should print the verses of the cats who have done this in the past. let's compare & contrast. i am not talking of a single phrase or a bar out of a verse. i am talking about consistent way of writing throughout. old school rappers were rhyming one word or two at most - eminem rhymed a whole sentence in stay wide awake. there's lyrics & there's lyrics.

eminem is a rap god - no one comes close.

Well, I gave the names of the songs so you could look them up and actually hear them instead of just reading them. Rapgenius or AZlyrics and some other sites usually have the lyrics and those can be looked up as well. I don't think Eminem is actually consistent with writing complex multisyllabic rhyming verses on all his songs at all. As for "no one comes close," we'll just have to disagree on that.

1 Like

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by coogar: 3:52pm On Dec 05, 2013
nateevs:
Exactly. Like:

Me? I'm a product of Rakim
Lakim Shabazz, 2Pac N.W.A Cube, hey, Doc, Ren
Yella, Eazy, thank you, they got Slim

It's revolutionary. This does not rhyme on paper. . . but em finds a rhyme in them. I've put the main rhyme in bold black and the internal rhymes in red. It takesa higher level of rap intelligence to make this up.

You cannot make up the rhymes by looking at the lyrics without listening to the rap. That's the artistry the Em conveys.

that's what physics isn't even getting.
you won't see what eminem does with words just reading his lyrics. you really have to hear him spit to applaud his ingenuity. he's the only one that can make 1, 2, 3 rhyme.......

he's got everything......still writing dopë lyrics at 40, an art most rappers in their 20s cannot even dream. maybe his critics would appreciate him better when he's dead.

but i still stand by my claim that he's the best in the business as we speak. no one comes close. just when i thought rap god was the bomb, i heard legacy & i just gave up(5 straight minutes of the same rhyme scheme - making unrhymable words rhyme with ease).
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by jerrymania(m): 5:00pm On Dec 05, 2013
richP:
the owner of the charity spoke out earlier in the week don't be dumb..
he donated his song stan for the philliphines relief fund.
p.s i was referring to economic depression my friend. money matters now
guy stop smoking weed. it seems it got you crazy up there. read your post again and edit accordingly.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by richP: 5:07pm On Dec 05, 2013
jerrymania:
guy stop smoking weed. it seems it got you crazy up there. read your post again and edit accordingly.
you must have failed english language in school.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by sucess001(m): 5:45pm On Dec 05, 2013
Eminem is to rap what michael jackson was to pop.

No arguments. No one else comes close.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by sweetguy10(m): 6:46pm On Dec 05, 2013
Did you guys also forget that Eminem perfected the art of extended metaphors ?
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by sweetguy10(m): 6:47pm On Dec 05, 2013
Not just extended metaphors , I'm talking about complex deep 8 lines metaphors
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 05, 2013
PhysicsQED:

"4,5,6" is the name of the album I was referring to. "4,5,6" is just one track on there that shares the same name as the album. There are other, better songs on there. It's a classic album, and if more rappers flowed like that today, the music would be better off for it.

I"m not a fan of "the old school rap" grin in particular, I just like good music from any era. I've been listening to Schooboy Q's "Man of the Year" song that just came out recently, and there's nothing lyrical about that song nor is it "old school", but it sounds good so I like it.

lol, Pun did that "a few times"? I don't feel like going over his verses in detail, and I already know that's not true. I shouldn't have to go into detail to show why that's false because you should already be familiar with (most of) his songs. I'll give two more Pun quotes that I remember, but I don't think I'm going to go digging up lyrics to multiple songs to prove something that's obvious:

"My squad is honored like Elijah Muhammad, but I'm God-retard3d, ain't no righteousness in this heart of violence" - from "Classic Verses"

"I'm all about business and enterprisin', advisin' financial advisors on franchisin' to widen their horizons, divisin' ideas with masterminders, movin' on a stash of diamonds, first we get the cash, then we laugh like minors/miners" - from "Firewater"

And I don't see how it's true that Eminem raps like he did on "Lose Yourself", "Criminal", "Till I Collapse", etc. on every song. I shouldn't have to demonstrate that that's false either - are we listening to the same rapper? He definitely doesn't rap that way in every single song. I kind of wish he had though, because the quality of his music probably wouldn't have declined as much as it did in his career.

Did you listen to each of the songs I listed? Should "pharoah" really rhyme exactly with "borough" (in the song 'R.A.K.I.M.')? Should "thorough" rhyme exactly with "hero" normally? No, but Rakim makes that happen. You keep mentioning stuff that's not exclusive to Eminem as evidence of stuff that he can do that others can't. It's just not true that stretching the sound of words that don't ordinarily rhyme to make them rhyme was "nonexistent" before Eminem. I don't even know why you would think he was the first one to do that anyway.

Yes, I've heard Infinite. The rapping style on that album is heavily derivative of Nas and AZ - it's imitation (after Nas's Illmatic, which has "Life's a B1tch" and "Memory Lane" that I mentioned earlier, had already been released). He changed his style after Infinite (to a style that was more like Redman, Masta Ace, Kurupt, etc. in terms of flow than early Nas or AZ) once he had gotten over the influence of Illmatic.

Well, I gave the names of the songs so you could look them up and actually hear them instead of just reading them. Rapgenius or AZlyrics and some other sites usually have the lyrics and those can be looked up as well. I don't think Eminem is actually consistent with writing complex multisyllabic rhyming verses on all his songs at all. As for "no one comes close," we'll just have to disagree on that.

God bless u for the bolded. So on point bro! Kool G rap and pun have been on all that since before em. I love and respect Em, but coogar is not gonna stop arguing because s/he is obsessed with him...and u know what obsession does to reason.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by cap28: 7:39pm On Dec 05, 2013
meanwhile mental patient aka Kanye Waste of Space West describes himself as Shakespeare in the flesh and goes crazy when Sway challenges him on some minor issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NELWKHCU59g
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by ojevwe2112(m): 7:57pm On Dec 05, 2013
Dead or alive, he aint the Rap god, he's good but not yet a Rap god. Tanks
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by richP: 8:18pm On Dec 05, 2013
cap28: meanwhile mental patient aka Kanye Waste of Space West describes himself as Shakespeare in the flesh and goes crazy when Sway challenges him on some minor issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NELWKHCU59g
kanye has always been a phaggot
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by coogar: 8:31pm On Dec 05, 2013
mekula:
God bless u for the bolded. So on point bro! Kool G rap and pun have been on all that since before em. I love and respect Em, but coogar is not gonna stop arguing because s/he is obsessed with him...and u know what obsession does to reason.

obsessed?
are you kidding me? how can you even say kool g rap or rakim started multi-syllables? they only made it better than their predecessors - just like eminem now does it far better than rakim/kool g rap.

grandmaster flash, sugarhill gang, furious 5, boogie down productions in the early 80s all had multis in their lyrics. rakim & kool g rap pushed the pen harder & revolutionized it. eminem has taken over now & he's the most prolific with it. when physicsQED comes back, i have something to show him.

2 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by macof(m): 8:49pm On Dec 05, 2013
Eminem is rap God simple.

He has claimed it already, and rightfully deserves it.

Haters gon hate
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by RSAMAN(m): 9:48pm On Dec 05, 2013
coogar:

obsessed?
are you kidding me? how can you even say kool g rap or rakim started multi-syllables? they only made it better than their predecessors - just like eminem now does it far better than rakim/kool g rap.

grandmaster flash, sugarhill gang, furious 5, boogie down productions in the early 80s all had multis in their lyrics. rakim & kool g rap pushed the pen harder & revolutionized it. eminem has taken over now & he's the most prolific with it. when physicsQED comes back, i have something to show him.

self mugging of the highest order.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 05, 2013
coogar:

obsessed?

pls show me where I stated the bolded!
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by coogar: 11:54pm On Dec 05, 2013
RSAMAN:
self mugging of the highest order.

you just don't get it, do you?
eminem has expanded where rakim & co left their pen game in the past. lyricism has evolved & it now entails assonance, enunciation, cadence, polysyllabic rhymes even as internal rhymes. take renegade for example when eminem cannibalised jay-z on blueprint.......

Now who's the king of these rude ludicrous lucrative lyrics?
Who could inherit the title, put the youth in hysterics?
Using his music to steer it sharing his views and his merits
But there's a huge interference, they're saying, "You shouldn't hear it."
Maybe it's hatred I spew, maybe it's food for the spirit
Maybe it's beautiful music I made for you to just cherish

there's no way you can tell me any rapper in the golden age era had such technique to rhyme 5 syllables together both as internal & end rhymes like eminem did here. this is why these songs appeal to the average listener even if you don't understand the meaning of what he's saying. the beauty about such lyricism is eminem makes sense when his rhyme patterns are this complex. you don't even want to know how difficult it is to create something like this while still trying to convey a message. i mean, even if you are his biggest critic or hater, you have to give it to the white boy - he's taken this art to another level & he's not done yet.

mekula:
pls show me where I stated the bolded!

so what's your objection with eminem being the rap god?
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by chic2pimp(m): 12:03am On Dec 06, 2013
Why is The Notorious One not being mentioned here?
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by jerrymania(m): 7:54am On Dec 06, 2013
richP:
you must have failed english language in school.
ah nah i got straight A's in English son. The most important thing you lack is common sense.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by jerrymania(m): 7:59am On Dec 06, 2013
cap28: meanwhile mental patient aka Kanye Waste of Space West describes himself as Shakespeare in the flesh and goes crazy when Sway challenges him on some minor issue:

kanye needs to go back to the real Jesus. i see someone who's gradually losing it.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by richP: 10:04am On Dec 06, 2013
jerrymania:
ah nah i got straight A's in English son. The most important thing you lack is common sense.
common! from a dunce who cant define economic depression??
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by RSAMAN(m): 10:06am On Dec 06, 2013
coogar:

you just don't get it, do you?
eminem has expanded where rakim & co left their pen game in the past. lyricism has evolved & it now entails assonance, enunciation, cadence, polysyllabic rhymes even as internal rhymes. take renegade for example when eminem cannibalised jay-z on blueprint.......

there's no way you can tell me any rapper in the golden age era had such technique to rhyme 5 syllables together both as internal & end rhymes like eminem did here. this is why these songs appeal to the average listener even if you don't understand the meaning of what he's saying. the beauty about such lyricism is eminem makes sense when his rhyme patterns are this complex. you don't even want to know how difficult it is to create something like this while still trying to convey a message. i mean, even if you are his biggest critic or hater, you have to give it to the white boy - he's taken this art to another level & he's not done yet.

so what's your objection with eminem being the rap god?

i like it when i drop a 6 word sentence and your reply is three long paragraphs grin. Everyone has ther opinion based on their favourite rapper. Eminem is no rap god at all, your obssession with eminem is beyond comprehension. From the entire relapse album the only verse that got my attention was the one with the line, 'razors, scissors and pens' from 3am, don't remember it's verse number what from that song. I think inspectah deck's verse from triumph is one of the greatest verses you can ever find today. What do you mean everyone will laugh at you if you start rapping like those cats? Who's everyone, besides your eminem?

Lil wayne
Drake
Young Jeezy
Whiz Khalifa
Kanye West
Nicki Minaj
Rick Ross
2chainz
Soulja Boy
Birdman
Future
French Montana
Big Sean

And the guy who said Monster by eminem and rihanna is one of the greatest rap songs ever. Well that ain't a rap song, that's a pop song.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by coogar: 11:09am On Dec 06, 2013
RSAMAN:
i like it when i drop a 6 word sentence and your reply is three long paragraphs grin. Everyone has ther opinion based on their favourite rapper. Eminem is no rap god at all, your obssession with eminem is beyond comprehension. From the entire relapse album the only verse that got my attention was the one with the line, 'razors, scissors and pens' from 3am, don't remember it's verse number what from that song.

it's fair to say you know nothing about rap then if scissors, pens & razors is what caught your attention on 3am. the first verse on 3am is better than anything any rapper has written before then.

I think inspectah deck's verse from triumph is one of the greatest verses you can ever find today. What do you mean everyone will laugh at you if you start rapping like those cats? Who's everyone, besides your eminem?

inspectah deck's verse was superb - aided by the production(beats). the delivery was heavenly but was the verse technical? no it wasn't. canibus' verse on beast from the east is the greatest rap verse ever in the golden age era.

Lil wayne
Drake
Young Jeezy
Whiz Khalifa
Kanye West
Nicki Minaj
Rick Ross
2chainz
Soulja Boy
Birdman
Future
French Montana
Big Sean

what's this list gotta do with the discourse? another attempt of yours to distract from the crux of the issue. when i said everyone would laugh, i meant the listeners or rap fans.

And the guy who said Monster by eminem and rihanna is one of the greatest rap songs ever. Well that ain't a rap song, that's a pop song.

unfortunately, he has to cater to his softer fans. i have not listened to that track more than twice. such songs don't appeal to me when there's evil twin rhyme or reason or bad guy.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by purplekayc(m): 11:24am On Dec 06, 2013
who has listened 2 this album? is it as good as recovery?
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by coogar: 11:35am On Dec 06, 2013
purplekayc: who has listened 2 this album? is it as good as recovery?

1 million times better than recovery.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by RSAMAN(m): 11:47am On Dec 06, 2013
coogar:

it's fair to say you know nothing about rap then if scissors, pens & razors is what caught your attention on 3am. the first verse on 3am is better than anything any rapper has written before then.

now you're pushing it.

inspectah deck's verse was superb - aided by the production(beats). the delivery was heavenly but was the verse technical? no it wasn't. canibus' verse on beast from the east is the greatest rap verse ever in the golden age era.

now you're really pushing it.

what's this list gotta do with the discourse? another attempt of yours to distract from the crux of the issue. when i said everyone would laugh, i meant the listeners or rap fans.

oh... The rap fans? Does it matter? Just give us the list of morden rappers those fans are feeling right now. Or are they fans of rap who are no fans of any rappers besides eminem? Lol
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by nateevs(m): 12:03pm On Dec 06, 2013
You get this all the time. Most of those who believe Em is not god don't have any reasons. Most just say it's my opinion.

coogar:

Mate you didn't do all the justice to Em's immaculate spits in Renegade.

Let me enhance it.

Cause see they call me a menace; and if the shoe fits I'll wear it
But if it don't, then y'all'll swallow the truth grin and bear it
Now who's these king of these rude ludicrous lucrative lyrics
Who could inherit the title, put the youth in hysterics
using his music steer it . . sharin his views in *his marriage
But there's a huge interference - they're sayin you shouldn't hear it
But I'm debated disputed hated and viewed in Americ a

as a motherfuckin drug addict - like you didn't experiment?
Now now, that's when you start to stare at who's in the mirror

and see yourself as a kid again, and you get *embarrased
And I got nothin to do but make you look stupid as parents
You fuckin do-gooders - too bad you couldn't do good at marriage!
(Ha ha!) And do you have any clue what I had to do to get here I don't
think you do so stay tuned and keep your ears glued to the ster eo

* modified pronunciation for ryhme. You have to listen to get it.

Let someone show me any rapper from yore who had such technicality in one verse. Don't just say he's not a rap god, tell us why he's not.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage - Olorun Mi [audio + Video Download] / Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido / Wizkid 'No Stress' Is No1 In Nigeria & the US World chart according to ITunes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.