Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Is Eminem Really The Rap God? - Music/Radio (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Eminem Really The Rap God? (38867 Views)

Is Eminem The Most Emotional Rapper? / Is Eminem Really The Rap God?? / Is Eminem Richer Than Lil Wayne (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by RSAMAN(m): 10:34pm On Dec 04, 2013
coogar:

there's no rapper out there that could give eminem a run for his enemy. he's a battle rapper from the start - it's what he did before he was discovered in a rap tournament in california. he was raised eating MCs for dinner - eminem would kill & cannibalise anyone out there right now. flow, delivery, punchlines, multis, wordplay, sick metaphors, name it - eminem's got them in stacks.

has it occured to you that eminem's flow has become stale as of late? And i can't believe how ignorant you are. No one can give eminem a run for his money and would cannibalize any rapper? Ignorance of the highest order. He was raised eating mcs? Who were those mcs? He broke into the rap game and what have those mcs done ever since? Probably selling newspapers in the street now. The irony is he was eating mcs before being famous but now he can only have a go at mariah carey and nick cannon, oh well he can still have a go at j.lo, she's hardcore, she's done a song with pitbull, i know he wants to.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by RSAMAN(m): 10:42pm On Dec 04, 2013
richP:
stop trying to sound hipster.
no one in the game presently touches, underground or mainstream.

stop sounding like a bandwagoner.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Yahoo1(m): 10:43pm On Dec 04, 2013
Tinyemeka:

Giving me goose bumps now. smiley
Can do the entire verse as fast as, without missing a single beat.
lol.....took me quite some time to memorize it.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Yahoo1(m): 10:46pm On Dec 04, 2013
fruityjojo:
I aint no bro ohh buh dis is rap so I can be ur bro *jumps up & chest him chest 2 chestgrin*
It's a little too late to say that you're sorry now
u kicked me when I was down
But what you say just (don't hurt me, don't hurt me no
more)
Dat's right bitch: and I don't need you, don't want to
see you
Bit'ch you get (no love)
u show me notin but hate
u ran me into the grnd
But wat comes around goes around
I don't need you (dn't hurt me)
u (don't hurt me no more dat's right, &I don't need u. don't want to see
u
u get (no love)
Bit'ch you get (no love)
And I don't need you
Get 'em
Tink wayne came in naw.
cheesy.....no one gets tired of listening to this song......

chest to chest!......*chop knuckle joor.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by tdade(m): 10:48pm On Dec 04, 2013
JulianBond007: Dude, there's nothing like heresay. I have been a lover of rap music far back in the 90's. The blacks introduced rap music and there's no way a white folk will be a rap god.
Absolutely ridiculous. Everything you wrote simply highlights the bias against Eminem.
That guy is the Zeus of the rap world in my books and that's that! How can racial sentiments cloud your judgment?
You've been a lover of rap music as far back as the 90's, yet you cannot identify pure and magical rhythmically applied poetry when you hear one? How can someone compare EVE to E....naaaaa, that is RUDE! I love Big, Nas, Tupac and Rakim, but it is what it is - and Eminem IS what it is. Compare Jay-Z to Mac Miller.

1 Like

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Memphis357(m): 10:49pm On Dec 04, 2013
fruityjojo: I take offence to dat god in capital letter! 2 me, Eminem is d best rapper alive! Himself & his alter ego slim shady cheesy
Am bk & I can't belive d lubbish peeps are saying! Comparing Eminem with rozay,drake,lil wayne wat!
Eminem is first lead artist since The Beatles to
have four singles score in the Top 20 of the Billboard Hot
100 charts!.
Eminem is the only rapper to have two diamond-certified albums!.
Eminem is the first artist in Nielsen
SoundScan history to have a two year-end best-selling
albums.
Eminem Recovery is the best-selling digital album in
history!. HISTORY!!!
Eminem doesn't just singg trash or abt selling drugs & slapping big asse$. As fast as his rap u can actually hear & understand d concept, pain, love & struggle behind each single! Mehnn I love Eminem & of cause 2pac grin!
U guys dnt break my heart with all dis nonsense post!
Where would you put The Notorious BIG in this?
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by nateevs(m): 10:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
Rap God. End of.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by jerrymania(m): 10:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
guys who listened to eminem in their teens have outgrown him. if you are in your late twenties and early thirties still listening to eminem better go check yourself. its still the teens that calls him rap god. he used to be my favorite when i was like 15-20something but he doesnt make good music anymore now that i'm older. and taking his style into another dimension, a spiritually self aware MAN should forgo eminem, and grow his taste in music.his fb wall picture shows his texas horn salute like the horn of the devil, who would adore him, except the ignorant fellows. please grown up men should talk about something else not eminem, leave him for the growing up teenagers. But there is just one dude i think i cant outgrow, tupac amaru shakur, he stood for a cause i bet eminem would never even dream of fighting for.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by richP: 10:57pm On Dec 04, 2013
RSAMAN:

stop sounding like a bandwagoner.
you are the bandwagoner who is trying so hard not to be mainstream..in you blind raging you slam brilliant artistes who are commercial so as to sound more in the know.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by RSAMAN(m): 11:00pm On Dec 04, 2013
richP:
you are the bandwagoner who is trying so hard not to be mainstream..in you blind raging you slam brilliant artistes who are commercial so as to sound more in the know.

who did i slam?
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by richP: 11:00pm On Dec 04, 2013
jerrymania: guys who listened to eminem in their teens have outgrown him. if you are in your late twenties and early thirties still listening to eminem better go check yourself. its still the teens that calls him rap god. he used to be my favorite when i was like 15-20something but he doesnt make good music anymore now that i'm older. and taking his style into another dimension, a spiritually self aware MAN should forgo eminem, and grow his taste in music.his fb wall picture shows his texas horn salute like the horn of the devil, who would adore him, except the ignorant fellows. please grown up men should talk about something else not eminem, leave him for the growing up teenagers. But there is just one dude i think i cant outgrow, tupac amaru shakur, he stood for a cause i bet eminem would never even dream of fighting for.
what cause does 2pac stand for?? answer pls myopic personified.
you know how much eminem gives to charity every year? compare that to what your matured rappers like jay z does.. you are slamming an act which keeps selling..see you later
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by richP: 11:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
RSAMAN:

who did i slam?
50 rappers who would give eminem a run for his money? if that isn't a slam i don't know what is.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by tdade(m): 11:03pm On Dec 04, 2013
JulianBond007: Gbam! That's the koko of the matter. As long as Eminem isn't black, his music is nothing to black people. Only the whites take him serious.

Your racism is just too blatant lady!
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by RSAMAN(m): 11:04pm On Dec 04, 2013
richP:
50 rappers who would give eminem a run for his money? if that isn't a slam i don't know what is.

saying someone is not a rap god is slamming? Lol
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by nateevs(m): 11:04pm On Dec 04, 2013
jerrymania: guys who listened to eminem in their teens have outgrown him. if you are in your late twenties and early thirties still listening to eminem better go check yourself. its still the teens that calls him rap god. he used to be my favorite when i was like 15-20something but he doesnt make good music anymore now that i'm older. and taking his style into another dimension, a spiritually self aware MAN should forgo eminem, and grow his taste in music.his fb wall picture shows his texas horn salute like the horn of the devil, who would adore him, except the ignorant fellows. please grown up men should talk about something else not eminem, leave him for the growing up teenagers. But there is just one dude i think i cant outgrow, tupac amaru shakur, he stood for a cause i bet eminem would never even dream of fighting for.

Standing and fighting for a cause have got absolutely nothing to do with sheer ability and artistry which many so-called MCs do not possess in quantities that Eminem does.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by richP: 11:06pm On Dec 04, 2013
RSAMAN:

saying someone is not a rap god is slamming? Lol
read and understand wat i wrote. i was referring to ur comments about 50 rappers
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by jerrymania(m): 11:11pm On Dec 04, 2013
nateevs:

Standing and fighting for a cause have got absolutely nothing to do with sheer ability and artistry which many so-called MCs do not possess in quantities that Eminem does.

you guys keep on talking about artistry not minding the fact that the said artistry and lyrics are messing up your brains and reasoning. Dont crucify me yet oh, i know that the rhyme of words is pleasing to the ear but does it stop there guys? dont you listen deep down and hear what they say? when i say tupac stood for a cause, that was outside his music and not a cause for cosmetic fame like donating to charity or endorsements or money but creating a movement/party to fight oppression back then. even his family today is still harassed because they think they still have ties to the black panther.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by richP: 11:16pm On Dec 04, 2013
jerrymania:
you guys keep on talking about artistry not minding the fact that the said artistry and lyrics are messing up your brains and reasoning. Dont crucify me yet oh, i know that the rhyme of words is pleasing to the ear but does it stop there guys? dont you listen deep down and hear what they say? when i say tupac stood for a cause, that was outside his music and not a cause for cosmetic fame like donating to charity or endorsements or money but creating a movement/party to fight oppression back then. even his family today is still harassed because they think they still have ties to the black panther.
so donating to a charity is cosmetic? a person donates $200000 in 2 years anonymously yet you say its for fame? research before you make ignorant comments.
back then there was oppression now there is depression
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by victorv12(m): 11:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
Eminem can never be a Rap God when Kool G Rap, Nas, Rakim and other notorious black rappers are still alive spitting flame! Eminem is good but too overhyped.

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by jerrymania(m): 11:19pm On Dec 04, 2013
richP:
so donating to a charity is cosmetic? a person donates $200000 in 2 years anonymously yet you say its for fame? research before you make ignorant comments.
back then there was oppression now there is depression
if he donated it anonymously then how do you know the donor is eminem? are you the ignorant one here? Now tell me which is better, oppression that actually makes room for you to speak your mind and fight for your right or depression where you have no choice but to accept the trash of so called rap music being bombarded towards you from every angle. think about what it does to your mind in the long run. even though you dont care, it will still mess you up
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by richP: 11:22pm On Dec 04, 2013
jerrymania:
if he donated it anonymously then how do you know the donor is eminem? are you the ignorant one here? Now tell me which is better, oppression that actually makes room for you to speak your mind and fight for your right or depression where you have no choice but to accept the trash of so called rap music being bombarded towards you from every angle. think about what it does to your mind in the long run. even though you dont care, it will still mess you up
the owner of the charity spoke out earlier in the week don't be dumb..
he donated his song stan for the philliphines relief fund.
p.s i was referring to economic depression my friend. money matters now
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by PhysicsQED(m): 11:24pm On Dec 04, 2013
coogar: when he dropped this single "Rap God" off his new album(MMLP-2) some few weeks ago, he finally confirmed his status as the modern shakespeare of hip-hop. the incisive lyricism, delivery & the technique displayed throughout hasn't been seen yet in the entire hip-hop industry. is he really the rap god?

Coogar, are you trolling, or this a serious question?

How much rap from the (so-called) "golden era" of rap (1987-1999) have you actually listened to? Pun? Rakim? Kool G. Rap? Nas? Black Thought? Pharoahe Monch?

And I'm not a Canibus fan, but he has more than a few tracks that are more impressive lyrically than "Rap God." Then there are other less mainstream rappers like Chino XL, Crooked I, etc. who also have lyrically complex songs.

And what's so impressive about the song (Rap God) anyway? Is it the part where he pays homage to J.J. Fad's "Supersonic"?
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by RSAMAN(m): 11:29pm On Dec 04, 2013
PhysicsQED:

How much rap from the (so-called) "golden era" of rap (1987-1999) have you actually listened to? Pun? Rakim? Kool G. Rap? Nas? Black Thought? Pharoahe Monch?

And I'm not a Canibus fan, but he has more than a few tracks that are more impressive lyrically than "Rap God." Then there are other less mainstream rappers like Chino XL, Crooked I, etc. who also have some lyrically complex songs.

He has listened them. He says they are elementary at best and are in the same league as lil wayne, kanye west and drake. smh
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by nateevs(m): 11:33pm On Dec 04, 2013
jerrymania:

Mate keep off the love for Tupac. Don't try to exonerate one rapper over another. Did you ever listen to "hit em up" ?
Don't be making rappers feel sanctimonious. All rappers talk rubbish. End of.

Standing for a cause has got nothing to do with ability. Tupac stood for a cause and that's what propelled much of his fame. In technicality and ability on the mic, mate I am rating the likes of Jadakiss above him. And I listened to a ton of Tupac.

Em is a rap god.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by richP: 11:34pm On Dec 04, 2013
PhysicsQED:

And I'm not a Canibus fan, but he has more than a few tracks that are more impressive lyrically than "Rap God." Then there are other less mainstream rappers like Chino XL, Crooked I, etc. who also have lyrically complex songs.

And what's so impressive about the song (Rap God) anyway? Is it the part where he pays homage to J.J. Fad's "Supersonic"?
r
chk out the lyrics and dump this your ideology of 'older is better'
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by cap28: 11:39pm On Dec 04, 2013
Tupac is the G.O.A.T so I guess the title of rap god should go to him and not Eminem. Eminem is brilliant though and would come in a close second to Tupac.

But Em needs to watch his back as there is now a young pretender to the throne who is likely to be the next Tupac:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBvngg87998
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by PhysicsQED(m): 11:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
richP:
r
chk out the lyrics and dump this your ideology of 'older is better'

I didn't just say "older is necessarily better." I don't believe that. I just disagree with the idea that "the incisive lyricism, delivery & the technique displayed throughout hasn't been seen yet in the entire hip-hop industry" in his opening post. I don't think it's true and if he's actually listened to enough rap (like some of his posts suggest), I don't think he really even believes it either.

1 Like

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by cap28: 11:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
The next generation of hip hop is finally here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF8aaTu2kg0
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Dec 04, 2013
RSAMAN:

stay wide awake, i remember this being the only good song on relapse but ain't as spectecular as you make it out to be. Hell yeah Pun did it in the mid 90s. Basic rapping? Name any other rapper that did it. Only pun himself could pull that off. I don't remember listening to a rapper and asking myself: ''oh... How does he breathe?''. RA is the man.

Em hello! Twista? Bus a Bus (on a number of tracks)? By the way RA's stuff is basic 90's, nothing to it.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Gofwane(m): 11:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
ochon: The dude is a legend. One of my best top 10 best rappers of all time. He takes rappers on a road trip with his fast bars and sharp lyrics that cuts through all kinda genre. He's a shape-shifter, capable of coping and blending in many genre of music.

However he's not a RAP GOD, but he's lyrical GOD and benchmark for these wack àss boring kids like 2chainz and co to learn from. On a Good day, he's as dópe as dópe could get but he's not a RAP GOD

Still got mad respect for him cool.. He blends comical punclines like JUST LOOSE IT, with emotional cool vibe rap that brings out the emotional part of me like BEAUTIFUL, STAN, NOW THAT I'M GONE, SORRY MAMA, SING FOR THE MOMENT, NO LOVE and co to fast raps that you have to pause and listen well to get its deep rooted meaning. One of the greatest rappers dead or alive, who's seen it all, started from the ghetto to the TOP. cool
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 05, 2013
coogar:

canibus, immortal tech, dre(outkast), kurupt, etc. this style was so popular in the mid-90s & this is why i am saying it's basic rapping. most of these rappers at the top level all have good delivery & their enunciation is superb - there's no point focusing on that - if their delivery is wack they won't be representing top record companies.

i focus more on the content of their work - how they put words together intelligently. the number of syllables they use, the rhyme pattern(end rhymes or mosaic rhymes), etc. this is where eminem earns his stripes as the most superior of all.

go & listen to legacy - 3 full verses that end with the same rhyme from the first sentence to the last & he was telling a story & ending with the same polysyllabic rhyme pattern all through. that's pure ingenuity that basic rappers like kanye, lil wayne, RA the ruggedman can never ever have.

Please remove cannibus from that list. He deserves more. THAT IS ONE CRAFTY LYRICIST THAT SPAT LYRICS THAT WERE WAY AHEAD OF HIS TIME. '100 bars' come to mind.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 12:06am On Dec 05, 2013
coogar:

there's no rapper out there that could give eminem a run for his enemy. he's a battle rapper from the start - it's what he did before he was discovered in a rap tournament in california. he was raised eating MCs for dinner - eminem would kill & cannibalise anyone out there right now. flow, delivery, punchlines, multis, wordplay, sick metaphors, name it - eminem's got them in stacks.

learn to comprehend.....
where did i say immortal technique & canibus are elementary? you asked me to name rappers that have don't the style of RA in the past, i gave you bis & immo-tech. how does this equate to they are wack?

bis/immo-tech have content, RA does not match them in content. RA only matches them in flow & delivery. canibus was also an awesome writer in his prime. between 97 & 2000, i could actually say canibus was in the rap god status too until he fell off.

True that!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage - Olorun Mi [audio + Video Download] / Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido / Wizkid 'No Stress' Is No1 In Nigeria & the US World chart according to ITunes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.