Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Is Eminem Really The Rap God? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Eminem Really The Rap God? (38930 Views)

Is Eminem The Most Emotional Rapper? / Is Eminem Really The Rap God?? / Is Eminem Richer Than Lil Wayne (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by wheesin(m): 2:05pm On Dec 04, 2013
Mi
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 04, 2013
D rap god is no more..RIP makaveli..those who understand what rap is all about knws is TU pac amaru shakur..dey r all grateful to him.ask 50 cent,eminem,the game,snoop,Nas.etc
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by astronautog(m): 2:05pm On Dec 04, 2013
He really is!!when u listen to him and come back to hear trash 4rm 9ja rappers like erigga u no hope 4 the future
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by kavey10(m): 2:05pm On Dec 04, 2013
Eminem HAS LOST IT(his musical content). The Eminem I knew while growing up was wayyy more philosophical, if I may use that word than now, for example, check out the Berzerk track. That is complete T-R-A-S-H! A friend told me to wait for Eminem's album before calling Drake's album the do.pest! Now y'all should compare now. Rap God gini? Lobbish!
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by wheesin(m): 2:06pm On Dec 04, 2013
MI ABAGA...
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 04, 2013
Sheila221:

meaning?
meaningless...as far as Eminem is concerned, I'm a racist.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by LajaLaba: 2:07pm On Dec 04, 2013
A.jeez:
Lols..he is good..bt I'll still pick 50cent ahead..nevertheless..to those mentioning 2pac on this thread..pleassse stop..no 1 shld b compared to PAC..pac isn't jst a rapper, you need to have a BIG spirit to trully understand and appreciate the perspective of PAC's life
hahahaha 50cent?are u high?
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by LyfeJennings(m): 2:07pm On Dec 04, 2013
pappilo: Hell No

For me not even in the top 10. Is he better than Nas, Method Man, Raekwon, Talib Kweli and many many more? I remember his 1st major single "my name is". What a joke of a song. How da hell do you sing that and go on to be the Rap god?

The only reason he blew was the colour of his skin. I remember my former oyinbo manager saying "I dont like rap music but I like Eminem".

U sabi Rap dieeee. Eminem is maddd. Why call himself a god where there is Jigga.. No eminem's can beat Jigga's collection. Reasonable doubt and blueprint,even Black Album would flaw all eminem's effort
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Sike(m): 2:09pm On Dec 04, 2013
Oh Yeah!
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by LyfeJennings(m): 2:10pm On Dec 04, 2013
fruityjojo: I take offence to dat god in capital letter! 2 me, Eminem is d best rapper alive! Himself & his alter ego slim shady cheesy

That guy is wack to me. His first and 2nd album made it but every other na complete RUBBISH. DRAKE,ROZAY,LIL WAYNE, would flaw this guy anyday anytime
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by leggo: 2:10pm On Dec 04, 2013
LyfeJennings:

U sabi Rap dieeee. Eminem is maddd. Why call himself a god where there is Jigga.. No eminem's can beat Jigga's collection. Reasonable doubt and blueprint,even Black Album would flaw all eminem's effort
MMLP kills em all. Em killed your jigga on his own shit.. why was Em the only feature on his album ??
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Dhurmynick(m): 2:11pm On Dec 04, 2013
I love this guy
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by trovert: 2:13pm On Dec 04, 2013
Na Reuben Apati,otupke,gulak ,asari dokubo,labaran marku ....those are d real rap gods
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 04, 2013
its an insult to call eminem a rap god. same way elvis was called the rock and roll god when he stole all his material from little richard and chuck berry etc etc. white people own the media and they have been feeding you koolaid and you all have been drinking the koolaid. if there was no such thing as media would you still think eminem was a rap god ? his music sucks, his voice is whinny.

a few rap gods come to mind
1-tupac
2-pharoah monch
3-kool g rap
4-rakim
5-slick rick
6-big daddy kane
7-kool moe dee
8-melle mel

these are the originators and pioneers

6 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by cweike: 2:14pm On Dec 04, 2013
slim shady is d greatest. his absence in d hiphop world hav brough boriness 2 d rap world. he is my best artist
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by passionate88: 2:15pm On Dec 04, 2013
Yes o. Eminem is the King of rap. He is the #rapgod
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by joshuaidibia(m): 2:16pm On Dec 04, 2013
pappilo: Hell No

For me not even in the top 10. Is he better than Nas, Method Man, Raekwon, Talib Kweli and many many more? I remember his 1st major single "my name is". What a joke of a song. How da hell do you sing that and go on to be the Rap god?

The only reason he blew was the colour of his skin. I remember my former oyinbo manager saying "I dont like rap music but I like Eminem".
u knw not wat u are saying.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Keky(m): 2:16pm On Dec 04, 2013
A.jeez:
Lols..he is good..bt I'll still pick 50cent ahead..nevertheless..to those mentioning 2pac on this thread..pleassse stop..no 1 shld b compared to PAC..pac isn't jst a rapper, you need to have a BIG spirit to trully understand and appreciate the perspective of PAC's life
50 cent b4 Eminem? U ve got to be kidding me
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 04, 2013
LyfeJennings:

You must be high on premium crack.

Reasonable doubt is Jigga's only album that can be called a Classic. Maybe Blueprint 1 at a stretch.

Eminem even murdered Jigga on his own track (Renegade)

That said, Eminem has not had the same effect since Marshall Mathers LP, and I wont call him a Rap God.

He's way up there, but I wont agree he's a God
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by leggo: 2:16pm On Dec 04, 2013
obadiah777: its an insult to call eminem a rap god. same way elvis was called the rock and roll god when he stole all his material from little richard and chuck berry etc etc. white people own the media and they have been feeding you koolaid and you all have been drinking the koolaid. if there was no such thing as media would you still think eminem was a rap god ? his music sucks, his voice is whinny.

1-tupac
2-pharoah monch
3-kool g rap
4-rakim
5-slick rick
6-big daddy kane
7-kool moe dee
8-melle mel

what do you mean by media??
i watched reviews of his albums and most were from blacks and they praised his works. dont trry to bash him cause he's mainstream.. he didnt force himself on you
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Keky(m): 2:16pm On Dec 04, 2013
joshua idibia: u knw not wat u are saying.
at all
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 04, 2013
obadiah777: its an insult to call eminem a rap god. same way elvis was called the rock and roll god when he stole all his material from little richard and chuck berry etc etc. white people own the media and they have been feeding you koolaid and you all have been drinking the koolaid. if there was no such thing as media would you still think eminem was a rap god ? his music sucks, his voice is whinny.

1-tupac
2-pharoah monch
3-kool g rap
4-rakim
5-slick rick
6-big daddy kane
7-kool moe dee
8-melle mel

Rakim should be Number 1 on that list, followed by Big Poppa and Nas

3 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 04, 2013
leggo:
what do you mean by media??
all the eminem hype you are getting from the media.

2 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by joshuaidibia(m): 2:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
01mcfadden: If kendrick should hear this...then you are in trouble!
mtcheew pack well. kendrick evn said so in CONTROL. get ur facts well.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by DopestepTJ(m): 2:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
LyfeJennings:

Haha Eminem killed Jigga on his sh1t. RENEGADE
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by lilslim(m): 2:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
mickyarams: I will have to say he's one of the best out there, I think Bone thugs are the best. I love Eminem's comical lyrics and rhymes, the guy is just brilliant.
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony forever
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 04, 2013
GustavoFring:

Rakim should be Number 1 on that list, followed by Big Poppa and Nas
am with you on rakim being the best ever and the number 1. now thats the rap god. undisputed.

1 Like

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Moxie4lyf(m): 2:19pm On Dec 04, 2013
am not a fan of rap music but i just cant understand why i lyk Eminem....I hav some of his musics on my system;though i dont understand all he says, I still like him
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Keky(m): 2:19pm On Dec 04, 2013
LyfeJennings:

That guy is wack to me. His first and 2nd album made it but every other na complete RUBBISH. DRAKE,ROZAY,LIL WAYNE, would flaw this guy anyday anytime
Flaw who? U mad or High?
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 04, 2013
Underground rap > Mainstream rap.

And No, he's not.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by JulianBond007: 2:20pm On Dec 04, 2013
Who dash monkey banana?
Tupac is the greatest rapper of all time!

DMX and all the members of THE RUFFRYDERS (Lox,Drag-on,Eve,Jadakiss,swizz beatz,Lin,styles,sheek etc). They are far better than Eminem. cool

4 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Keky(m): 2:20pm On Dec 04, 2013
obadiah777: all the eminem hype you are getting from the media.
wat stupid hype, dnt we av ears. He is the rap god

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage - Olorun Mi [audio + Video Download] / Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido / Wizkid 'No Stress' Is No1 In Nigeria & the US World chart according to ITunes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.