Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,342 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Is Eminem Really The Rap God? - Music/Radio (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Eminem Really The Rap God? (38917 Views)

Is Eminem The Most Emotional Rapper? / Is Eminem Really The Rap God?? / Is Eminem Richer Than Lil Wayne (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by coogar: 4:22pm On Dec 04, 2013
ochon:

LOL. Seriously, I thought you and coogar were joking when you guys say blacks hates EM cos he's a white and don't want to admit he's good. This is the first time I'm hearing it and that girl's post is proving you right.

How's rap meant for blacks only?. Music is meant for all skin colour, all race and tribe. This is appalling menh!!

you really don't know a lot about black people. rakim said it already that if eminem was black, he would be worshipped & will stand next to mohammed ali in greatness.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by chimajii: 4:23pm On Dec 04, 2013
JulianBond007: you got it wrong dammit!! Rap is for blacks only!! Apart from Eminem, is there any other white rapper who has been able to reach the stardom? Hell no!! We own rap and rap owns us! Gerrit!!

Am outta here yo!! cool cool

^^^ actualy...it's a black thing....but not only For blacks...u DIGG? Now sit down >__/
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by ochon: 4:25pm On Dec 04, 2013
JulianBond007: you got it wrong dammit!! Rap is for blacks only!! Apart from Eminem, is there any other white rapper who has been able to reach the stardom? Hell no!! We own rap and rap owns us! Gerrit!!

Am outta here yo!! cool cool

Is macklemore black?
Is machine gun kelly black?

Blacks own rap music but rap is not for blacks ONLY(empahasis on the only)
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 04, 2013
ochon:

LOL. Seriously, I thought you and coogar were joking when you guys say blacks hates EM cos he's a white and don't want to admit he's good. This is the first time I'm hearing it and that girl's post is proving you right.

How's rap meant for blacks only?. Music is meant for all skin colour, all race and tribe. This is appalling menh!!

U don talk am finish
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 04, 2013
philfearon: Anyone Who has said Eminem is not a rap god is either S.tupid or Simply doesnt Know What rap is all about!!
What makes one a rap god?
Lyrical skill? Beef duels? Album sucess? Massive hits? Colour?
Many claim to know rap,yet their statements here are kiddies xpresion!!
I dARE anyone Who says Eminem is not a rap god to bring who is better,lets compare songs,philosophies,hits,connection,success,etc!
8platinuum albums aint no joke!!
This thread has been healthy so far.please refrain from using words like st.upid e.t.c. u are not related to eminem...are u?when it comes to song..lyrics n philosophy, are you saying eminem is better than 2pac?

puff daddy's no way out, just one album ooo was certified septuple i.e 7x platinum....and puff can't even rap...lol...

will smith's big willie style (kid rap-does not have the no explicit content badge) was certified 9x
platinum. will smith cant rap too.lol

so hits, connection and commercial success doesnt make the a rapper the best.

2 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Yahoo1(m): 4:27pm On Dec 04, 2013
ummmmm....it's just like saying that because White footballers are more noticed than Black ones,Black guys should stop playing football.

Rap is a black man's thing...Nigguz rep black music doesn't mean a white guy can't be the best.

1 Like

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by ochon: 4:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
coogar:

you really don't know a lot about black people. rakim said it already that if eminem was black, he would be worshipped & will stand next to mohammed ali in greatness.

I'm just shocked by her racists comments. Some black people are suffering from low-self esteem issues. Why the hate on eminem?. Are students not meant to surpass their teachers?. And I think rakim is right. If someone I consider number one can say that, then it shows he's got mad respect for eminem. That's how it's meant to be, showing respect to anybody irrespective of skin colour
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by JulianBond007: 4:29pm On Dec 04, 2013
coogar:

Gbam! That's the koko of the matter. As long as Eminem isn't black, his music is nothing to black people. Only the whites take him serious.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by ochon: 4:32pm On Dec 04, 2013
JulianBond007: Gbam! That's the koko of the matter. As long as Eminem isn't black, he's nothing to black people. Only the whites take him serious.
Smh
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by niggadee(m): 4:33pm On Dec 04, 2013
2Pac , Big L, Biggie, Nas and Rakim are the real deal.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 04, 2013
Earl Simons, aka DMX, my favorite nd best rapper of all time. He is more a poetist and lyricist.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by butterflyy(f): 4:39pm On Dec 04, 2013
I don't have time to read all d comments cos I need to write mine asap. I am a conc Stan n Eminem is d definition of Rap God. Therez none like him or will there ever be any. I am a Stan n Emy is d god
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by emilusakpos: 4:41pm On Dec 04, 2013
Typical black people mentality, can't stand the fact that Eminem is a rap god just because he ain't black. Lyrically Eminem will absolutely destroy tupac, the only rappers that can stand him are nas and rakim. If tupac was alive today, he will be completely irrelevant. The only reason people rave about PAC was because of the circumstances behind his death.Eminem rapping technique wise, he is miles ahead of anyone, dead or alive.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Abdulpro1(m): 4:41pm On Dec 04, 2013
Eminem is a pretty kul rapper,hes one hell of a rapper i hold at high esteem but y'all gotta know watsup,2PAC remains d rap genius of all time,just take a luk at how influential nd recognised he still is till date nd u'll know wah am talking about...HE IS DA RAP god. coolEminem is a pretty kul rapper,hes one hell of a rapper i hold at high esteem but y'all gotta know watsup,2PAC remains d rap genius of all time,just take a luk at how influential nd recognised he still is till date nd u'll know wah am talking about...HE IS DA RAP god.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 04, 2013
I understand why blacks are beefing eminem... The thing is, every other genre of music is dominated by whites... From pop to jazz to rnb to rock to country... Rap is the only thing we can lay a claim on hence our hostility... Lolz no be small thing
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 04, 2013
JulianBond007: Who dash monkey banana?
Tupac is the greatest rapper of all time!

DMX and all the members of THE RUFFRYDERS (Lox,Drag-on,Eve,Jadakiss,swizz beatz,Lin,styles,sheek etc). They are far better than Eminem. cool
i was wondering y nobody mentioned DMX nd d ruff ryders. Haba! Am a fan of dmx, 2pac, eminem, jay z, ruff ryders, d game, 50, nas etc. IMO, DMX nd 2pac rocks far better than eminem. I think d issue of d real rap god is subjective. Ruff ryders 4 life!
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by coogar: 4:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
JulianBond007: Gbam! That's the koko of the matter. As long as Eminem isn't black, his music is nothing to black people. Only the whites take him serious.

rakim - the black god of rap takes him serious & he saluted him. black folks, white folks, green folks all salute eminem. he's produced songs for nas, jay-z, 50 cent, etc. he even produced a full album for 2pac(posthumously).

eminem is the rap god - no one compares
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by antomik: 4:55pm On Dec 04, 2013
Sure he is. The guy is lyrically obsessed. He does it with ease. I love his climax and anti-climax way of caressing his pitch. He is the RAP DEI. smiley
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 04, 2013
harde2lah:
i was wondering y nobody mentioned DMX nd d ruff ryders. Haba! Am a fan of dmx, 2pac, eminem, jay z, ruff ryders, d game, 50, nas etc. IMO, DMX nd 2pac rocks far better than eminem. I think d issue of d real rap god is subjective. Ruff ryders 4 life!

None of these cats would have thrived if Ra had not laid down certain parameters. It is that simple.

Enjoy Ra and DMX cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhHAtJoFW1w
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Dgoz(m): 5:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
There are 6 Levels of Rap.....
1. Hard
2. Expert
3. Master
4. Incredible
5. Impossible
6. EMINEM

3 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by 4peace(m): 5:04pm On Dec 04, 2013
njokusboy: I understand why blacks are beefing eminem... The thing is, every other genre of music is dominated by whites... From pop to jazz to rnb to rock to country... Rap is the only thing we can lay a claim on hence our hostility... Lolz no be small thing

So peeps that was saying Eminem is a Rap god on this thread are white embarassed

Naija with Rough classification

2 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by fruityjojo(f): 5:05pm On Dec 04, 2013
LyfeJennings:

That guy is wack to me. His first and 2nd album made it but every other na complete RUBBISH. DRAKE,ROZAY,LIL WAYNE, would flaw this guy anyday anytime
Wack 2 you. Guess ur favourite topic is women, drugs/dopĀ£, as$, bottom & drity money/love & of cause d devil grin & pls which Eminem albums are u talking abt!? It obvious u no nut abt rap! *smiles*
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 04, 2013
coogar:

rakim - the black god of rap takes him serious & he saluted him. black folks, white folks, green folks all salute eminem. he's produced songs for nas, jay-z, 50 cent, etc. he even produced a full album for 2pac(posthumously).

eminem is the rap god - no one compares

The difference between both rappers lies with the fact that one is the complete embodiment of all its entails while the other symbolises commercial success.
Do you know how many times eminem has sampled Ra?
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by MistadeRegal(m): 5:09pm On Dec 04, 2013
Crazy stuffs??
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 04, 2013
Laja Laba: hahahaha 50cent?are u high?

Yup..I'll take 50 cent b4 em.... I love eminem...he has jst one style which is being way too over serious, and he is over hyped above d level he is simply bcoz he is a whyte doing a black mans trade succesfully. Put him wit d lil wayne and d drake's and d rickross kind..then he is ahead..bt if u're trully a rap fan who has much of tupac and d outlawz and biggie in you..u'll choose 50cent and Nas ahead of emimen
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 04, 2013
Keky: 50 cent b4 Eminem? U ve got to be kidding me

No..am not kidding..I'll take 50cent and Nas..probably Jay z even b4 Eminem
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by LBT: 5:14pm On Dec 04, 2013
Pac all the day.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 04, 2013
njokusboy: I understand why blacks are beefing eminem... The thing is, every other genre of music is dominated by whites... From pop to jazz to rnb to rock to country... Rap is the only thing we can lay a claim on hence our hostility... Lolz no be small thing

If you sincerely believe that emboldened statement in your post, you need to broaden your horizon considerably.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Artorius(m): 5:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
[quote author=ochon]

Rap is meant for blacks only?. Who made it so?. You?. The UN?. Which law?. I find your posts racial. So what if the female rappers rocked the 90's, does it mean that people can't topple them?. So going by your hilarious logic, since MC Lyte reigned before tupac, she's better than tupac?. . Smh.[/quote
she's just a feminist racist bitch. sorry to use the language but she been making a lotta noise here
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by LBT: 5:19pm On Dec 04, 2013
emilus akpos: Typical black people mentality, can't stand the fact that Eminem is a rap god just because he ain't black. Lyrically Eminem will absolutely destroy tupac, the only rappers that can stand him are nas and rakim. If tupac was alive today, he will be completely irrelevant. The only reason people rave about PAC was because of the circumstances behind his death.Eminem rapping technique wise, he is miles ahead of anyone, dead or alive.
Nah! Eminem even acknowledge 2pac as greater and pac is the only rapper eminem respect.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 04, 2013
Djmantana: The best rappers are the once who first can freestyle without fluke(em ft proof).show me in our current clime who can do that not to talk of sit down and write out well thought after bars.

Eminem is the G.O.A.T.a phenomenum to reckoned with.you need to study his lyrics more than once to get the meaning of what he is saying and usually a single bar has more than one meaning

ah hear u ol mentioning lil wayne,2pac,nas and even 50cent(he said he ll neve diss eminem du u knw y).they all were or are greats but not compared to em.cause to a certain degree they all were one dimentional.50cent is only about gangster stuff,lil wayne will be a waiter now without the p***y word,it goes on...

Bu em goes from love(crazy in love is a personal best) to emotions(stan),nice rap story telling(mocking bird,murder murder),it goes on.

Bottom line is your just need to listen to da rap god from detriot again and again to know that his lyrical prowess is second to none.
u re right. DMX also has all those attributes. He raps in different dimensions, love, hate, emotions, story, poems, rhymes, gospel etc. You can only convince me if u hav listened 2 oda rappers. I hav listened 2 eminem nd dmx many times. Dmx rocks.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by coogar: 5:20pm On Dec 04, 2013
eGuerrilla:

The difference between both rappers lies with the fact that one is the complete embodiment of all its entails while the other symbolises commercial success.
Do you know how many times eminem has sampled Ra?

commercial success driven by hardwork & unparalleled lyricism. you are forgetting one point - eminem emerged from the battle rap circuit. he's not just a storyteller like nas or 2pac. eminem epitomises hard-knock life.

imagine modenine selling 80 million records in future & someone says mode-9 symbolises commercial success - that person would be stabbed in lagos for such blasphemy! eminem is so much more than album sales.....he is rap!

as for sampling, nothing new.....is your primary school english teacher better than you just because she taught you alphabets & tenses many moons ago? eminem has evolved from the monosyllabic rhyming of the rakims & 2pac. eminem has taken rap lyricism into a new level.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage - Olorun Mi [audio + Video Download] / Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido / Wizkid 'No Stress' Is No1 In Nigeria & the US World chart according to ITunes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.