Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,068 members, 7,821,672 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally (132174 Views)

Nigerians In Denmark, How Is The Economy And Life Generally / Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally / Tuition Free Education In Sweden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Everest25(m): 3:45pm On Nov 03, 2015
OK, thanks.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by lanrayx: 3:13pm On Feb 27, 2017
this thread still active

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Kayhummer(m): 8:07am On Jun 23, 2017
702:
na wa o. abi naija 4 sweden dey roast?. dis 1 way every body quite. i here sha say live there no easy sha, very xpensive, and very cold place. abeg naija way dey sweden we nid more info abeg.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Fishout(m): 2:05pm On Jun 26, 2017
Malstrom:
Greetings!

I'm an Afroswede, born and raised in Sweden. Life in sweden is okay, but not much more than that. Its true there is some sense of security system or "safety net" that prevents people to fall below a sertain standard of living. However this welfare system is not what it used to be and the general politics in this century are moving more and more towards lower taxes and a free market so the redistributing of wealth and founding of social institutions for everybody such as youth centres and cheap health care are fading. Sweden still has a well developed school system which is free for all citisens but the gap between rich and poor is now widening and schools in areas with a more wealthy population tend to have better standards and resources both in forms of materials and employees.

One very important thing to be aware of in this country is that the distribution of wealt can generally be matched with a scale of etnicity, or skincolor. The darker skin you have in Sweden, the lower paid is your job. Sweden do not register its citisens etnicity so the istitutional racism is hard to prove with the help of numbers since there is almost no statistics on it, it falls below the radar. Minority goups in this society is heavily marginalised and have no prominent voice in media or in politics. The few "brown" peolpe in the parliament have gone so far by downplaying their own heritage and by pushing for "stricter laws and regulations towards immigrants".

Sweden is one of those countries where you might live for 40 years or even be born in, and still not really feel "swedish". The perceprion of "swedishness" does not include anyone that is non-white, thats why, as for examle an African, many doors will be closed. Swedes still feel that blacks, arabs, asians or latinos is not a natural part of sweden. It does not matter if your family has livd here for generations, if you are black, your swedishness will be questioned and you will never be fully accepted as swedish as much as a white person with a "swedish-sounding" name or not even as much as an immigrant that is white.

The grass is allways greener on the other side... If you come here you might find it an acceptable place to live if you master the language and manage to withstand the long dark cold winters. The nature is beautiful, the streets are much safer than UK or USA and as I said before the education system is really good and totally free. grin Its not easy in Sweden but its far from the worst places to live. Unfortunately the new government imposed fees for exchange students from outside EU so if you are not planning on becoming a citisen and just want to study i reccomend Germany. They still have a lot of schools with very low fees but with hight quality and you will find many masters programmes in english.
. .l read ur contribution you wrote since.pls l just want to know now how situation of the countrycountry(Sweden) now.l want to come over there whether l can get something to do or get there and leave immediately. Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by lordliri(m): 9:20am On Oct 20, 2017
Hello,

I have always loved this country and need tips on to successfully migrate to sweden. I want to move my family eventually and also need to confirm if there are opportunities for an IT Professional.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by gowaga68: 10:45pm On Feb 02, 2018
Anyone here?
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by MightyFortress: 1:26am On Feb 05, 2018
following
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Nobody: 12:50pm On Feb 05, 2018
I find your write up very interesting, I've always loved to live in Sweden, i don't know why but i guess i listened to too much ABBA music as a kid, they were my favorite group back then and my dad bought me some of their LP Vinyl albums from his trip to Italy.

I did self study on Swedish and practiced the language in my room back in 2008 fresh out of my 2yr ND course in Nigeria. I used language softwares and whatever i could download on-line. I found the language interesting and far easier than French (I could never self study French) i even bought a movie a Swedish Comedy and try to follow the language and take off the subtitle.

I got admitted at Hogskolan Darlana but lost the Admission due to lack in funding for the trip. It really hurt me. so i abandoned my campaign. Fast-forward to this day, i still hope to visit Sweden and spend quite some time there, Ive had the opportunity to visit Europe but couldn't make it to my beloved Sweden, I spent about a Month in Geneva, Switzerland, it was a beautiful place too but it still will not take my beloved Sweden from my dear heart.

Its standard of education really wows me also those of other Scandinavian states...i would love for my children studying there in future. Its truely a great place for education purposes.

I might just resume my Campaign and spend a quarter in Sweden...I loved Malmo but heard it was super expensive, i'd like to see small Darlana too, i want to taste the apple pie, visit the Turning Torso, the Oresund Bridge, and surely take classes in Swedish.
Adjo, har en stor dag

Malstrom:
Greetings!

I'm an Afroswede, born and raised in Sweden. Life in sweden is okay, but not much more than that. Its true there is some sense of security system or "safety net" that prevents people to fall below a sertain standard of living. However this welfare system is not what it used to be and the general politics in this century are moving more and more towards lower taxes and a free market so the redistributing of wealth and founding of social institutions for everybody such as youth centres and cheap health care are fading. Sweden still has a well developed school system which is free for all citisens but the gap between rich and poor is now widening and schools in areas with a more wealthy population tend to have better standards and resources both in forms of materials and employees.

One very important thing to be aware of in this country is that the distribution of wealt can generally be matched with a scale of etnicity, or skincolor. The darker skin you have in Sweden, the lower paid is your job. Sweden do not register its citisens etnicity so the istitutional racism is hard to prove with the help of numbers since there is almost no statistics on it, it falls below the radar. Minority goups in this society is heavily marginalised and have no prominent voice in media or in politics. The few "brown" peolpe in the parliament have gone so far by downplaying their own heritage and by pushing for "stricter laws and regulations towards immigrants".

Sweden is one of those countries where you might live for 40 years or even be born in, and still not really feel "swedish". The perceprion of "swedishness" does not include anyone that is non-white, thats why, as for examle an African, many doors will be closed. Swedes still feel that blacks, arabs, asians or latinos is not a natural part of sweden. It does not matter if your family has livd here for generations, if you are black, your swedishness will be questioned and you will never be fully accepted as swedish as much as a white person with a "swedish-sounding" name or not even as much as an immigrant that is white.

The grass is allways greener on the other side... If you come here you might find it an acceptable place to live if you master the language and manage to withstand the long dark cold winters. The nature is beautiful, the streets are much safer than UK or USA and as I said before the education system is really good and totally free. grin Its not easy in Sweden but its far from the worst places to live. Unfortunately the new government imposed fees for exchange students from outside EU so if you are not planning on becoming a citisen and just want to study i reccomend Germany. They still have a lot of schools with very low fees but with hight quality and you will find many masters programmes in english.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Nwachinaemelu1: 9:48am On Feb 22, 2018
Hello everyone...I applied to Chalmers University of Technology this year, awaiting admission result in April. Please I would like to know the situation of things in Gothenburg, are there jobs? How is life there generally??
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by coolluk(m): 5:35pm On Mar 22, 2018
Nwachinaemelu1:
Hello everyone...I applied to Chalmers University of Technology this year, awaiting admission result in April. Please I would like to know the situation of things in Gothenburg, are there jobs? How is life there generally??

Xup bro,

is it true sweden offers free education for internationals? please can i communicate with you via whatsapp? thanks
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Nobody: 11:28pm On Apr 08, 2018
tinkinfela:
i have to be honest with you, i've spent 3 days here and things aren't the way i expected. the worst thing is, you would hardly see an african, everywhere i go they stare at me as if they've seen a ghost. infact, i've seen only 4 africans since i arrived here and they are definately not from Nigeria.

i'm trying to meet new friends and i hope it would be much easier when school starts at the end of the month.

3days still very fresh
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Nobody: 11:41pm On Apr 08, 2018
seuneguavoen:
I find your write up very interesting, I've always loved to live in Sweden, i don't know why but i guess i listened to too much ABBA music as a kid, they were my favorite group back then and my dad bought me some of their LP Vinyl albums from his trip to Italy.

I did self study on Swedish and practiced the language in my room back in 2008 fresh out of my 2yr ND course in Nigeria. I used language softwares and whatever i could download on-line. I found the language interesting and far easier than French (I could never self study French) i even bought a movie a Swedish Comedy and try to follow the language and take off the subtitle.

I got admitted at Hogskolan Darlana but lost the Admission due to lack in funding for the trip. It really hurt me. so i abandoned my campaign. Fast-forward to this day, i still hope to visit Sweden and spend quite some time there, Ive had the opportunity to visit Europe but couldn't make it to my beloved Sweden, I spent about a Month in Geneva, Switzerland, it was a beautiful place too but it still will not take my beloved Sweden from my dear heart.

Its standard of education really wows me also those of other Scandinavian states...i would love for my children studying there in future. Its truely a great place for education purposes.

I might just resume my Campaign and spend a quarter in Sweden...I loved Malmo but heard it was super expensive, i'd like to see small Darlana too, i want to taste the apple pie, visit the Turning Torso, the Oresund Bridge, and surely take classes in Swedish.
Adjo, har en stor dag

I think I can perceive something racism from all the post I've read about life in Sweden but you guys don't want to nail it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Nobody: 11:45pm On Apr 08, 2018
llbhuds:

this is a big lie jare
i dont think you know what you are saying

She said she has been there and you still think she doesn't know what she's saying
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Nobody: 11:55pm On Apr 08, 2018
Hello house,

I've read about going to Sweden for studying but haven't seen anything like visiting or going for an occasion, please does it mean that there's probability someone might get denied if apply for visiting in Sweden or going for a church yearly occasions. Thanks

Please any reply on this I will appreciate.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 09, 2018
Got any questions abt Sweden?? Ask am here to help smiley
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by smoothvee(m): 4:46pm On Apr 09, 2018
ikswiss:

ikechukwu swiss grin brotherly... do they still offer free education in sweden?
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 10, 2018
No sir
smoothvee:

ikechukwu swiss grin brotherly... do they still offer free education in sweden?
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Walehelt(m): 5:57am On Apr 19, 2018
ikswiss:
bros, is hustlin sure in sweden, do they extend visa?
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 19, 2018
Hustling is sure everywhere and they extend a visa if you have a reasonable purpose of living in Sweden
Walehelt:
bros, is hustlin sure in sweden, do they extend visa?
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by tony887: 11:23pm On Apr 19, 2018
Ikswiss, Are you presently in Sweden?.. Will like to get some updates from you
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 20, 2018
Yes am living in Sweden and you can kindly ask anything you want to ask on this forum ..PLZ NO PRIVATE MAILS
tony887:
Ikswiss, Are you presently in Sweden?.. Will like to get some updates from you
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 20, 2018
ikswiss:
Yes am living in Sweden and you can kindly ask anything you want to ask on this forum ..PLZ NO PRIVATE MAILS
What's the average cost required per month of living?
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 21, 2018
Depends on your standard of living but apart from that life in Sweden is expensive
EMMAACHILE:

What's the average cost required per month of living?
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Fishout(m): 5:49pm On Apr 21, 2018
ikswiss:
Hustling is sure everywhere and they extend a visa if you have a reasonable purpose of living in Sweden
.pls if l enter with visiting visa ,is it possible to extend the visa and how am l going to do it.l need your experience.reasons thanks
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 22, 2018
well as you said "Visiting visa" it won't be possible to extend your visa
Fishout:
.pls if l enter with visiting visa ,is it possible to extend the visa and how am l going to do it.l need your experience.reasons thanks
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by henmaris: 9:11am On Apr 25, 2018
ikswiss:
Please what's the possibility of getting a work permit/extending my visa if I suspend my studies after the first semester to hutsle a little bit for some money to makeup the fees for my remaining studies? What chances do I have to extend my visa on the basis of studies suspension? Thank you
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by ayomidan: 2:45pm On Apr 25, 2018
Can I extend my tourist visa to Sweden to hustle and change status... I heard hustle is kinda scarce in Sweden.. They usually move to Denmark to hustle
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 25, 2018
You can only switch frm student visa to work visa only when you studied for one full year and with a nice gpa
henmaris:

Please what's the possibility of getting a work permit/extending my visa if I suspend my studies after the first semester to hutsle a little bit for some money to makeup the fees for my remaining studies? What chances do I have to extend my visa on the basis of studies suspension? Thank you
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by killemall: 7:16am On Apr 26, 2018
ikswiss:

Pls bro, i just got one year Swedish permit... pls i would love to know how much they pay per hour for labour jobs.

2ndly, have you been to Denmark? heard it's not too far. if you've been to denmark, can you pls state to us the availability and payment for labour job in Denmark. Thanks bro.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 26, 2018
hey man yeah the pay in Sweden is really nice and Denmark on the other hand pays more than Sweden with higher standard of living. yeah i have been to Denmark many times and am actually going to Denmark tomorrow
killemall:

Pls bro, i just got one year Swedish permit... pls i would love to know how much they pay per hour for labour jobs.

2ndly, have you been to Denmark? heard it's not too far. if you've been to denmark, can you pls state to us the availability and payment for labour job in Denmark. Thanks bro.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia / I Am Traveling From Asaba To Onitsha Today, This Is How Prepared I Am (Photos) / My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.