Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally (132074 Views)

Nigerians In Denmark, How Is The Economy And Life Generally / Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally / Tuition Free Education In Sweden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by kennybuda: 10:46am On Jun 07, 2011
its not so easy in sweden to get da living i have being there the swedish are living imigrant must crwl to survive there cheers
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by ayomission(m): 10:56pm On Jun 07, 2011
@promise how many countries do u want to do your mba in? belize,cyprus,canada and nw sweden.u get fault gan

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by owoyalefem: 11:27pm On Jul 21, 2011
Finland is cold but very cool too,
www.afrofinland.com

see also,
http://free-gradstudy..com/
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 27, 2011
hi,tinkinfela,

pls tell me sumtin about sweden am coming over there by december. tings like;jobs opportunity,life.etc dnt mind getting ur contact pls

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by llbhuds: 10:25am On Oct 27, 2011
kennybuda:

its not so easy in sweden to get da living i have being there the swedish are living imigrant must crwl to survive there cheers

this is a big lie jare
i dont think you know what you are saying
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Malstrom(m): 12:05pm On Apr 10, 2012
Greetings!

I'm an Afroswede, born and raised in Sweden. Life in sweden is okay, but not much more than that. Its true there is some sense of security system or "safety net" that prevents people to fall below a sertain standard of living. However this welfare system is not what it used to be and the general politics in this century are moving more and more towards lower taxes and a free market so the redistributing of wealth and founding of social institutions for everybody such as youth centres and cheap health care are fading. Sweden still has a well developed school system which is free for all citisens but the gap between rich and poor is now widening and schools in areas with a more wealthy population tend to have better standards and resources both in forms of materials and employees.

One very important thing to be aware of in this country is that the distribution of wealt can generally be matched with a scale of etnicity, or skincolor. The darker skin you have in Sweden, the lower paid is your job. Sweden do not register its citisens etnicity so the istitutional racism is hard to prove with the help of numbers since there is almost no statistics on it, it falls below the radar. Minority goups in this society is heavily marginalised and have no prominent voice in media or in politics. The few "brown" peolpe in the parliament have gone so far by downplaying their own heritage and by pushing for "stricter laws and regulations towards immigrants".

Sweden is one of those countries where you might live for 40 years or even be born in, and still not really feel "swedish". The perceprion of "swedishness" does not include anyone that is non-white, thats why, as for examle an African, many doors will be closed. Swedes still feel that blacks, arabs, asians or latinos is not a natural part of sweden. It does not matter if your family has livd here for generations, if you are black, your swedishness will be questioned and you will never be fully accepted as swedish as much as a white person with a "swedish-sounding" name or not even as much as an immigrant that is white.

The grass is allways greener on the other side... If you come here you might find it an acceptable place to live if you master the language and manage to withstand the long dark cold winters. The nature is beautiful, the streets are much safer than UK or USA and as I said before the education system is really good and totally free. grin Its not easy in Sweden but its far from the worst places to live. Unfortunately the new government imposed fees for exchange students from outside EU so if you are not planning on becoming a citisen and just want to study i reccomend Germany. They still have a lot of schools with very low fees but with hight quality and you will find many masters programmes in english.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by nollyj: 11:03pm On Apr 15, 2012
You can read these posts. It is all you need to know about study in Sweden

1. Why Study Abroad in Sweden?
2. 3 Reasons Why You Should Not Study in Sweden

you can find it here http://toscanyacademy.com/blog
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by raphrinco: 11:10pm On Jun 19, 2012
gut u dey make person laugh,well sha am in QATAR grin grin grin grin grin
ahmed blak: weting dey happen wey naija sweden dey quite nobody wan reply?
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by raphrinco: 11:53pm On Jun 19, 2012
thanks a lot for help ot with your information
what if some one is coming there to search for a football club?even local,regional,semi pro and professional what matters is to start from somewhere
workingirl: There aren't many Nigerians in Sweden but there is a small community. The bigger communities are like Eritreans and Somalians and people from that part of Africa. Things are as expensive as London, but everything runs smoothly and on schedule. Buses, trains, subway. People are comfortable and everyone is cared for. They queue for everything, they have this number system thats really cute. They are law abiding and you never hear anything in the news about robbery or attack or ANYTHING, well once in a blue moon, and it makes sensational news. They speak English very well, they also have Tv channels in English subtitled in Swedish. Its very very cold in the winter months and not very warm in the summer, but bearable. The night life is fun, there are many clubs and bars. What else?
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by raphrinco: 3:09am On Jun 20, 2012
Brethren Nigeria is good and Abroad is good also,first have information of where you are going to and know if they do the things you have in mind.By the Grace of God am in Qatar,things s changing unlike before,i thank God for that,but am still sticked to my mind of what i want,to be a great footballer.My teammate told me of his friend that went to Germanywith 3months visiting visa last year and went to a local football team and requestedfor a trial ,what happened afterwards he was asked if he want play with them he said yes,they gave him a long time contract and help him change his papers immediately.When he was abotu to go a lot of discouragement bra bra bra bra but today he is earning more than a million naira,so please lets get some points before talking and let nobody used because he didnt make it to discourage other.Here in Qatar i know some that stayed for 14 months without a job few times he will do some dirty jobs to eat,some other guys went back to Nigeria but today this guy have a nice job paying more than 400,000 naira ,new car,nice and comfortabe accomodation he has just brought his wife and daughter.The point i want to make is that GODS TIME IS THE BEST!!!

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by sizzlinghottie: 3:02pm On Aug 18, 2012
Hello nairalanders, please who can help with information on getting a visa to Sweden, I have a friend who's willing to invite me, how do I go about it? And is a swedish vis easy to get? I would only be visiting for two weeks and back home as I have a business to run. Also my friend is sponsoring my trip including flights and accommodation. Thanks for your urgent response.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Deboodestiny: 6:50pm On Oct 16, 2012
it a good thing to be on a platform of this magnitude, i really appreciate your comment @umbawo. i sent you and email plz reply me.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Adonis4u: 1:04pm On Sep 01, 2013
Any Nigerian in Gothenburg? Please I hope to hook up with someone.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 01, 2013
Yea am in Gothenburg
Adonis4u: Any Nigerian in Gothenburg? Please I hope to hook up with someone.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Adonis4u: 8:07pm On Sep 02, 2013
Wow! thas nice. I came for my masters at Goteborg/chalmers university and am kind of not use to the system here. If you don't mind I would like to meet you. Should I send you a PM?

ik.swiss:
Yea am in Gothenburg
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by uzoexcel(m): 11:03pm On Oct 20, 2013
so rugina, ikswiss,adonis..and others what has been ur experienxes so far
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 21, 2013
I must say bro is not easy here in Sweden in getting job or any other thing more especially if you don't know any one it will be worst...yeah I forgot housing is a huge problem too in Sweden
uzoexcel: so rugina, ikswiss,adonis..and others what has been ur experienxes so far
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by llbhuds: 1:37pm On Oct 21, 2013
Adonis4u: Wow! thas nice. I came for my masters at Goteborg/chalmers university and am kind of not use to the system here. If you don't mind I would like to meet you. Should I send you a PM?

Can you pls tell me how long you waited for your transcript to be verified in nigeria because i have been waiting for 6months now and each time i call them, they always tell me i have to wait.
Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by uzoexcel(m): 4:53pm On Oct 22, 2013
waoh...God is ur strenght..it shall be well...
ik.swiss:
I must say bro is not easy here in Sweden in getting job or any other thing more especially if you don't know any one it will be worst...yeah I forgot housing is a huge problem too in Sweden
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by uzoexcel(m): 4:55pm On Oct 22, 2013
hey, i may be comn to chalmers next year for m.sc in comm engr..abeg update me on ur experiences...what prog r u doing and hwz it going so far
Adonis4u: Wow! thas nice. I came for my masters at Goteborg/chalmers university and am kind of not use to the system here. If you don't mind I would like to meet you. Should I send you a PM?

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by elonilintl: 6:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
Hi Everyone!
Is there anyone here who lives in Visby, Gotland or knows someone probably a friend in Visby?
I will going to Visby, Gotland next month being August 2014 @ Uppsala University Campus Gotland for masters studies. I really need someone to hook-up with in Visby.
Above all, how is the cost of living in Visby in terms of housing and feeding expenses?
I look forward to y'all soonest.
Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by holyboss: 3:20pm On Aug 12, 2014
Why is every talking about master shocked dos this mean people don't go for undergraduate study in sweeden undecided

Pls I need to hookup wt someone studying at undergr level in sweden.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Everest25(m): 11:07am On Nov 03, 2015
hi all, thanks for your contributions in this thread. please is there any free tuition university in Sweden?
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 03, 2015
No
Everest25:
hi all, thanks for your contributions in this thread. please is there any free tuition university in Sweden?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia / I Am Traveling From Asaba To Onitsha Today, This Is How Prepared I Am (Photos) / DJ Soda Kicked Out Of U.S Airplane For Wearing "Offensive" Pants (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.