Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,986 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. (22690 Views)

Coming Back To Nigeria - Advice Needed / Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. / Immigrating (relocating From Nigeria To U.S.A: Whats The Procedure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by iponrite: 9:26pm On Dec 09, 2013
professor rossike is a professor of philosophy and classical studies at the prestigious harvard university in boston thanks for your research but learn to be corteous about peoples opinion.
ROSSIKE:

This is the problem with you people. You just wake up and fantasize about these places, imbuing them with almost magical qualities. Here you are now making such a bold and loud claim without the merest research, and showing yourself up to be a total ignoramus:

''Nationwide in 2007, law enforcement cleared 44.5 percent of violent crimes and 16.5 percent of property crimes by arrest or exceptional means.'' in the USA.

Averaged out: 30% of crimes led to an arrest. Of that percentage, likely less than 15% led to a conviction.

http://www.funtrivia.com/askft/Question107378.html
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by oluadegbite: 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2013
ghananotnaija: I'm sure the US would be glad should you decide to relocate to Nigeria and never come back.

Ile Baba omo ki ba omo leru, wole wole, please make sure you have something to do in Nigeria before you come ooo, else you might be taken for wandering....I don't know why blacks don't know how to handle passage of time, if you come home, you might be going from frying pan to fire ooo
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 09, 2013
You are deluded and Oblivious.....thats all I can say to you...
Mr Knowitall:

yes you are right...life is just too precious to be spent in Nigeria.
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Fayrouzz(m): 9:31pm On Dec 09, 2013
If u are having a smooth life there, why bother to relocate here?
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 09, 2013
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by whitecat007: 9:46pm On Dec 09, 2013
Thank you jare! Most people don't know that there is just little difference between Nigeria and the U.S. innocent and poor people serve sentences of crimes they know nothing about, while the priviledged rich are cut great sweetheart deals.

Do you know that a black person that stops for a white cop in the middle of nowhere while alone in the car may as well commit a suicide, cos its going to be your word against his, and who is going to believe you over dem racist bald head cops?
ROSSIKE:

This is the problem with you people. You just wake up and fantasize about these places, imbuing them with almost magical qualities. Here you are now making such a bold and loud claim without the merest research, and showing yourself up to be a total ignoramus:

''Nationwide in 2007, law enforcement cleared 44.5 percent of violent crimes and 16.5 percent of property crimes by arrest or exceptional means.'' in the USA.

Averaged out: 30% of crimes led to an arrest. Of that percentage, likely less than 15% led to a conviction.

Translation: In 85% of crimes in the US, the criminals are NOT ''caught and punished''. Thanks.

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Mariojane(f): 9:46pm On Dec 09, 2013
Mr Knowitall:

Well since you are making a claim you should back it up my friend. Maybe we should compare my knowledge about Nigeria to your

knowledge? But am assuming you are just one of those people that likes to talk a lot with very little substance.

"One of those people who like operate with open mouth and a closed brain" Do not embarrass yourself and take the challenge my

friend.
with d way u ask ur question nd the way u reply comment,its a big prove that u did not make it in U.S. U re looking for easy pay in Nigeria. U don't need to b shy come back home to ur people nd manage what they ve got even if u won't bring anything back wit u. With experience i know the person dat hv lived most of his life in U.S. Nd wanting to relocate will b someone dat hv accomplished sometin big nd he is just coming home to develop his country even if he needs a job dat won't be his problem cos he is successful. Not those that wnt there to waste their time nd come back with nothing. Mr man Nigeria police re hot if u try nonsense u will b dealt with

1 Like

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by SHAAWA: 9:49pm On Dec 09, 2013
Mr Knowitall:

I know plenty about Nigeria my friend.

Really? If u knw so much then you don't need our advice. Just act on your knowledge.
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by knxpin(m): 9:51pm On Dec 09, 2013
My friend,you need to be careful before taking that step,Nigeria has totally changed.I made that moves from united states with lot of money but the aim was defeated from friends and family that all turned to scammers.I relocated to Lagos VGC which is considered the best part of lagos so as to have a feeling of still living in united states after coughing out a whooping 7 million naira in two years rent.Set up a construction company with lots of equipment that i came back with as a registered Engineer in both USA and Nigeria.please take a 3months vacation to nigeria and see the behavioural pattern of people.The system their is a heartless one as people has really changed.I almost lost all my life savings their before i came to realize that i have been uprooted in Nigeria and i no longer fit in that society.To cut the long story,I auctioned all my equipments and made a bold u-turn to United state.you live in VGC, the traffic between 1st toll gate to Vgc gate is approximately 4hrs and you move to ajegunle you face the hoodlums.I nearly lost my life in Lagos -benin express way when i had a hot chase by criminals.My friend just to give you a glimpse of what you might be facing but their is a lot of money their but i dont wanna make money that will kill me,life is too precious buddy.

5 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by adconline(m): 10:04pm On Dec 09, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Translation: In 85% of crimes in the US, the criminals are NOT ''caught and punished''. Thanks.

Could also publish crime stats in Naija? Patriot gone awry on expired crack!
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by mactonnyso: 10:04pm On Dec 09, 2013
knxpin: My friend,you need to be careful before taking that step,Nigeria has totally changed.I made that moves from united states with lot of money but the aim was defeated from friends and family that all turned to scammers.I relocated to Lagos VGC which is considered the best part of lagos so as to have a feeling of still living in united states after coughing out a whooping 7 million naira in two years rent.Set up a construction company with lots of equipment that i came back with as a registered Engineer in both USA and Nigeria.please take a 3months vacation to nigeria and see the behavioural pattern of people.The system their is a heartless one as people has really changed.I almost lost all my life savings their before i came to realize that i have been uprooted in Nigeria and i no longer fit in that society.To cut the long story,I auctioned all my equipments and made a bold u-turn to United state.you live in VGC, the traffic between 1st toll gate to Vgc gate is approximately 4hrs and you move to ajegunle you face the hoodlums.I nearly lost my life in Lagos -benin express way when i had a hot chase by criminals.My friend just to give you a glimpse of what you might be facing but their is a lot of money their but i dont wanna make money that will kill me,life is too precious buddy.

KEEP DREAMING . YOU CAME BACK WITH NATING BOY
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by martronilla: 10:09pm On Dec 09, 2013
Elxandre:
Never knew you were a gala hawker.
I thought you were one cool chick grin
Na u get ur mawt
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Revolva(m): 10:10pm On Dec 09, 2013
Mr Knowitall: I want to relocate back to Nigeria from the United States and I just have some questions.

1) is this advisable to move from the U.S back to Nigeria? - well mr man...yes if you want 7 step to hell fire on earth

2) are there any job opportunities available that one can make a comfortable living from? job opportunities..LMFAO.oga na man know man oo be naija or u create your own job your self

3)what are the road and traffic conditions in Nigeria now days? oga cool jare..no form for us...abi u be white man wetin abi trafic no dey yankee...park well

4) and has police harassment and political corruptions reduced? thanks.sey you now get television for america to watch your country abi you no fit ask google

My friend,you need to be careful before taking that step,Nigeria has totally changed.I made that moves from united states with lot of money but the aim was defeated from friends and family that all turned to scammers.I relocated to Lagos VGC which is considered the best part of lagos so as to have a feeling of still living in united states after coughing out a whooping 7 million naira in two years rent.Set up a construction company with lots of equipment that i came back with as a registered Engineer in both USA and Nigeria.please take a 3months vacation to nigeria and see the behavioural pattern of people.The system their is a heartless one as people has really changed.I almost lost all my life savings their before i came to realize that i have been uprooted in Nigeria and i no longer fit in that society.To cut the long story,I auctioned all my equipments and made a bold u-turn to United state.you live in VGC, the traffic between 1st toll gate to Vgc gate is approximately 4hrs and you move to ajegunle you face the hoodlums.I nearly lost my life in Lagos -benin express way when i had a hot chase by criminals.My friend just to give you a glimpse of what you might be facing but their is a lot of money their but i dont wanna make money that will kill me,life is too precious buddy.

wellsaid but why you folks keep painting ajegunle bad ....there r lotta bad end z in lagos than ajegunle..well i d ont know the ajegunleyou are talking about...s there are like 3 ajegunle communities here in lagos
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by nijanigga: 10:15pm On Dec 09, 2013
mobuch:

Bros dis is serious o; your experiences are quite similar to mine when i returned back to nigeria from europe, within my first year, I lost practically all d wealth i came back with to some scammers i met here on nairaland; but i made up my mind to stay and stamp my authority on my faatherland,eventually, i suceeded and now i am a Don in my own field.
Another scammer setting up a trap. "Nice try, but we gotchu" Rev Al Sharpton MSNC Politics now
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by ooshinibos: 10:22pm On Dec 09, 2013
Dannylux: Looking at your replies/comments here, I really don't think you need our advice. You already have the answers you seek.

Secondly, what's chasing you from the land of opportunities? That's my wonder!

may be he not get papers
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by adminlo: 10:22pm On Dec 09, 2013
What are the chances of an experienced pharmacist from Uk coming back to nigeria ? Job or bussiness ? Anybody can help with suggestion and idea. Thanks
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by tonywizman: 10:24pm On Dec 09, 2013
Mr Knowitall:

I actually pack very well thank you. But am a little perplexed by your comment though. How did you come to the conclusion

that i have a bad mouth?
u dnt need help,chikina
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by ooshinibos: 10:27pm On Dec 09, 2013
i hope PDP ,fashola and APC are reading this thread
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by ooshinibos: 10:29pm On Dec 09, 2013
adminlo: What are the chances of an experienced pharmacist from Uk coming back to nigeria ? Job or bussiness ? Anybody can help with suggestion and idea. Thanks

are you serious ,,the pharmacist from Nigeria are moving to UK ....the pharma system is controlled by tinubu and a group of indians

the only way is to sell to the Nigerians from UK ..i mean generic meds
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 09, 2013
America is totally overrated, most Nigerians living there will relocate in an heartbeat if not because of shame of not having much to show for all the donkey years living in the so called Gods own country.

1 Like

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by borisgbenga(m): 10:47pm On Dec 09, 2013
This guy dey naija for ajegunle. He just want traffic on dis thread. He's very abusive.
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by judexnweke: 10:48pm On Dec 09, 2013
Stop asking of a good job rather u can create one for yourself
Be creative nd productive minded broda
A man who dare a thing is not a failure but,one who never tried a thing dats failure
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Sheenor: 10:49pm On Dec 09, 2013
i found al da comment amusing so far........i dey laugh oh!......grin grin grin
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Dec 09, 2013
After all the talk talk from page 1 to 4 watin una come advise the Yankee dude nau?

Make him come abi make he no come.
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by kid7soccer(m): 11:03pm On Dec 09, 2013
Wat is wat, arent u getting too old for all this BS, pls grow up jare
beebee5000:

What is this?
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by dbamiroyahoocom(m): 11:25pm On Dec 09, 2013
I wrote this piece a long time ago but I suggest you read it. It just MAY help you.

Happy reading

http://damistiic..com/2012/05/dont-come-home-to-nigeria-if.html

D.
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by dbamiroyahoocom(m): 11:36pm On Dec 09, 2013
Better still, let me post it here unless you want to read my other blogs

Dont Come home to Nigeria if....

Like I said in my earlier blog:

"I have always laughed at foreign companies who come and set up shop in Nigeria and feel they can muscle in somehow just because they have access to money. This has always been similar to the returnees to Nigeria who come with a few thousand dollars and feel they are kings. They ship a long used car or sort of new car with flood insurance and maybe furniture they got very cheap and somehow begin to bother all of us struggling people in Nigeria with questions like "Whats going on in Nigeria?" or "So, guys, I am back! How do we make money in Nigeria?". Sometimes I wonder if they think we have all been sitting around waiting for them to bring the dollars home! Whats pitiful is that, One year down the road, they are completely as normal as we are, still telling stories of where they used to live in New York or wherever. Dont get me wrong, I dont resent them. I just wish they were better prepared to come home!"

My 10 point advice is simple and outlined below:

a) Dont come home if you have not invested Five trips to and from Nigeria at a minimum.
b) Dont come home if you cant be a facilitator of technology transfer. Bring home an idea and make it work in Nigeria before you come!
c) Dont come home if you dont have a bank account in Nigeria that is receiving inflow from whatever you are doing in Nigeria
d) Dont come home if you are not yet sending whatever it is you plan to sell in Nigeria home and someone is paying the proceeds in your account and you are logging in everyday with your internet banking and checking your deposits!
e) Dont come home if you havent signed an offer letter from your intended employers. Sign first, do the first month of work, as for 1 week leave to take care of some personal issues, take the very next available flight, arrive next day, close up shop for 3 days, do a hurried send off party and get the hell out of there!
f) Dont come home with promises from Uncles and Aunties who are in positions of power in Nigeria. Its just not bankable!
g) Dont come home if you have any lies of a big job you have been doing abroad! Nigerians are now well educated even in international matters! Your knowledge will surely be tested! Dont be discgraced. Too many people have been hired in Nigeria only to be let go 6 months later cos they are not as good as they are on paper!
h) Dont come home based on comparison with your mates! You are most likely coming to start at the bottom of the ladder. What did you think your mates were doing suffering all this while in Nigeria? Most of the time, you cannot match up with their spending style, living expenses and assets they have acquired over the same period of time! You are probably paying a mortgage and they are not!
i) Dont come home if you have not clearly identified a Plan B, assuming that your Plan A fails!
j) Most importantly again, dont come home if you have not invested time and presence in Nigeria over a minimum of 6 months! You must come and go and ensure you know 50% of what you want to come and do in Nigeria!

I daresay you can also apply this to a company that wishes to come and do business in Nigeria. I will talk about the laws of Nigeria in a separate post. One key thing that stands out with businesses that have survived in Nigeria - they have demonstrated they understand Nigeria.
Like I said before, there are some Nigerians I regard as "visitors in Nigeria with Nigerian passports". What can be worse than that.
I will leave this topic to reactions from readers rather than explain each point.

2 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 09, 2013
if truly dats ur username n u are asking dis daff question it's Gud oh cos rite now dat name doesn't suites u man......
just Google Nigeria....
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by sheymaziggy: 11:40pm On Dec 09, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Bro u no need go way back, whr I stay here every week dere is always robbery, even with d tight security including my school security, robbery and harassment is kind of common, so no where is safe.
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Samsonklin(m): 11:45pm On Dec 09, 2013
idiot, slowpoke, goat, fool, animal, fowl, idiot, idiot, ode, didirin, okponu, attention seeker
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Msrikky(f): 11:47pm On Dec 09, 2013
read AMERICANAH
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by souleymon(m): 11:59pm On Dec 09, 2013
Tmany: The op is just an attention seeker someone asked some reasonable questions on the first page but you decide to reply with some unrelated questions.
If you can't make it in the land of opportunity like USA then your chance of making it here is so slim and with this your attitude slimmer

Yes he is an attention seeker.he has never said anything good about the country.Modern Slave Oshi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! / Nigerian Man Speaks Out Against Alleged Racism In Europe (video) / Is Visiting Visa To Australia Advisable For An Intending Hustler?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.