Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,591 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Gone For War - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Gone For War (2903 Views)

Booty Implant Gone Wrong.(photos) / Once You Let Your Girl/Guy Go. She's Gone For Good! / Hurt A Woman, And Be Ready For War... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gone For War by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 28, 2008
davidylan:

Of course i'd never allow my madam to go to any war.  tongue
She can always find a war in the bedroom if she wants.
roflmao! cheesy
Re: Gone For War by onyinye2(f): 10:42pm On Jul 28, 2008
davidylan:

One of my uncles, then a Major, had to go to Liberia for 3yrs with ECOMOG shortly after his first kid was concieved. The poor boy didnt know his own father until he was 4 but they all survived and are living happily today with 5 kids.

It all depends on if the woman is willing to make some sacrifice to allow her husband fulfill his dream.
Why is the woman always the one who has to sacrifice?? i mean i have no problem in sacrificing some things but it seems that the woman mostly gets the bad end of the rope.
Re: Gone For War by LASIEFAIRE(m): 10:43pm On Jul 28, 2008
KarmaMod:

It's not even the fact that the person could die

Have you seen how mentally damaged some of these people are? Nightmares? PTS? It's so depressing

and what do they have to show for all that? A stupid purple heart badge.

Come to the city and see this "veterans" begging around with their badges and half their limbs blown off.

Dont know how anyone would willingly put themselves in that mess

Plenty of rednecks that can take my dude's place.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I wonder what would have happened if the world held this view during World War 1 or 2.
Some die to secure your freedom, but cause you dont know what it is you can't appreciate it. Freedom isnt free, someone paid for it.
this is one of the view that many Nigerians have that as led to us being what we are today.
America, UK and other countries are free to day because someone fought for it and some are fighting to keep it.
Re: Gone For War by motunrayo4(f): 10:43pm On Jul 28, 2008
davidylan:

LOL!
Re: Gone For War by eldee(m): 10:43pm On Jul 28, 2008
@topic
If she believes in the war, why not?
She's prolly trying to be a 'Hero' . . .
Re: Gone For War by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 28, 2008
Hannibal:

Ibkaye, be a hero's wife. . . . . marry a soldier.
Good thing for u. . . . .NDA is nearer to u than many peops.
Hmm, personally, i would not be comfortable with my husband going to war.
Sorry, what is NDA? smiley
Re: Gone For War by HRhotness(f): 10:44pm On Jul 28, 2008
davidylan:

One of my uncles, then a Major, had to go to Liberia for 3yrs with ECOMOG shortly after his first kid was concieved. The poor boy didnt know his own father until he was 4 but they all survived and are living happily today with 5 kids.

It all depends on if the woman is willing to make some sacrifice to allow her husband fulfill his dream.

Absolutely unacceptable! lipsrsealed 3yrs? HELL NO,

I'll march into the war front and drag his backside back home

davidylan:

Thats more like it grin
Re: Gone For War by KarmaMod(f): 10:46pm On Jul 28, 2008
onyinye2:

1. so true. Come down here, and they keep the homeless veterans in this low quality shelter.

2. You got that right. there is other more willing people to go into service.

Seriously they really DONT take care of these people.

You'd think the fact that these people go off putting their lives on the line, IF they are able to come back they'd be treated to "good living"

Hardly ever. They just give them a wheelchair to roam around while tthey beg for daily food. Generic medication for nightmares and mental problems.

The shelters n ko? The retirement homes? Low grade garbage. The ones that get to be in decent homes, are the ones who have children rich enough to provide such for their parents while they die from dementia.

Let's not even get into the ones who are messed up so bad from the govt testing out all sorts of crap on them like they're guinea pigs.

The whole situation is pathetic.
Re: Gone For War by Hannibal: 10:46pm On Jul 28, 2008
ibkaye:

Hmm, personally, i would not be comfortable with my husband going to war.
Sorry, what is NDA? smiley

Nigerian Defence Academy in Zaria.
Re: Gone For War by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 28, 2008
Hannibal:

Nigerian Defence Academy in Zaria.
Lol I'm from the north but it doesn't mean I live there cheesy
Re: Gone For War by HCH3COO: 10:47pm On Jul 28, 2008
LASIEFAIRE:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I wonder what would have happened if the world held this view during World War 1 or 2.
Some die to secure your freedom, but cause you don't know what it is you can't appreciate it. Freedom isnt free, someone paid for it.
this is one of the view that many Nigerians have that as led to us being what we are today.
America, UK and other countries are free to day because someone fought for it and some are fighting to keep it.
Dude thank you o  tongue .
Re: Gone For War by motunrayo4(f): 10:47pm On Jul 28, 2008
HR.hotness:

Absolutely unacceptable! lipsrsealed 3yrs? HELL NO,

I'll march into the war front and drag his backside back home

Thats more like it grin
3 years is a[b] LONG TIME[/b]. . , . And fighting a war. . .you never know what  kind of news you will hear
I can never do it. . , .its too scary
Re: Gone For War by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 28, 2008
If you must join the Nigerian army pls do so as a commissioned officer, at least that way your family is well paid for your absence. My aunt had more brand new cars than she could drive those days and was paid in dollars every month her husband was away.

If your husband is going as a foot soldier sorry for you.
Re: Gone For War by chamotex(m): 10:49pm On Jul 28, 2008
most people that went to war didnt go by their own free-will

When ur in the Army , u cannot tell ur commander that u dont want to go to war unless you cut one of your legs off grin grin
Re: Gone For War by Hannibal: 10:49pm On Jul 28, 2008
ibkaye:

Lol I'm from the north but it doesn't mean I live there cheesy

For real??
I thunk u live in Borno/Zamfara.
Re: Gone For War by onyinye2(f): 10:49pm On Jul 28, 2008
Im appreciate the men and women who help protect my country but i just couldn't imagine knowing my husband is out there fighting some war. I mean you guys talk of sacrifice but do really know what that means??
Re: Gone For War by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 28, 2008
Hannibal:

For real??
I thunk u live in Borno/Zamfara.
Lol nope
I live in your 'endz'
am a londoner, get me? grin
Re: Gone For War by shuppie(f): 10:50pm On Jul 28, 2008
davidylan:

If you must join the Nigerian army please do so as a commissioned officer, at least that way your family is well paid for your absence. My aunt had more brand new cars than she could drive those days and was paid in dollars every month her husband was away.

lmao, foot soldier no get mouth,
Re: Gone For War by eldee(m): 10:51pm On Jul 28, 2008
KarmaMod:

Seriously they really DONT take care of these people.

You'd think the fact that these people go off putting their lives on the line, IF they are able to come back they'd be treated to "good living"

Hardly ever. They just give them a wheelchair to roam around while tthey beg for daily food. Generic medication for nightmares and mental problems.

The shelters n ko? The retirement homes? Low grade garbage. The ones that get to be in decent homes, are the ones who have children rich enough to provide such for their parents while they die from dementia.

Let's not even get into the ones who are messed up so bad from the govt testing out all sorts of crap on them like they're guinea pigs.

The whole situation is pathetic.
That's a whole new argument

Everyone has his primary values
Some things he's ready to die for
I'll just make sure she watches Tom Cruise' 'Born on The 4th of July'
If she's ready, who am I to stop her
Re: Gone For War by KarmaMod(f): 10:52pm On Jul 28, 2008
davidylan:

If you must join the Nigerian army please do so as a commissioned officer, at least that way your family is well paid for your absence. My aunt had more brand new cars than she could drive those days and was paid in dollars every month her husband was away.

Lmao how many people have the right to pick and choose.

Lasiefaire, Abeg spare me the sob story. If God wants us all to die in a war, so be it. I couldnt care less.
Re: Gone For War by HCH3COO: 10:54pm On Jul 28, 2008
Thank God the world is not completely filled with shallow thinkers.  We would all be dead right now.
Re: Gone For War by KarmaMod(f): 10:54pm On Jul 28, 2008
eldee:

That's a whole new argument

Everyone has his primary values
Some things he's ready to die for
I'll just make sure she watches Tom Cruise' 'Born on The 4th of July'
If she's ready, who am I to stop her

How is it a new argument? If anything that other than thinking about the family he/she is leaving behind, those are the kind of things they should consider IF they even come back alive.
Re: Gone For War by Hannibal: 10:55pm On Jul 28, 2008
ibkaye:

Lol nope
I live in your 'endz'
am a londoner, get me? grin

Endz just sealed ur story for me.
U are one of us. . . . . .
No wonder Eldee n SLY are always looking out for u.
Re: Gone For War by onyinye2(f): 10:55pm On Jul 28, 2008
pussy_full:

very stupid post and very idiotic replies - una dey craze all.
just because it doesn't involve sex. please dismiss yourself.

HCH3COO:

Thank God the world is not completely filled with shallow thinkers.  We would all be dead right now.
Im sorry but i view it as my husband choosing his country over his family.
Re: Gone For War by chamotex(m): 10:56pm On Jul 28, 2008
pussy_full:

very stupid post and very idiotic replies - una dey craze all.

wetin u chop 2nite angry

wetin happen now, u wey no be idiot why u dey reply grin

im not having that angry
Re: Gone For War by HCH3COO: 10:56pm On Jul 28, 2008
Onyin, you wouldn't even have a family when that bomb is dropped on your little hut.  cheesy Be glad you have people making the sacrifices to prevent that from happening kiss
Re: Gone For War by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 28, 2008
Hannibal:

Endz just sealed your story for me.
You are one of us. . . . . .
No wonder Eldee n SLY are always looking out for u.
Lol cheesy
Re: Gone For War by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 28, 2008
HCH3COO:

Onyin, you wouldn't even have a family when that bomb is dropped on your little hut. cheesy Be glad you have people making the sacrifices to prevent that from happening kiss

Lets be 100% honest, what "sacrifice"? Is it really on our behalf?
In 100 yrs Saddam posed no threat to the US. If needed, a few guided nuclear missiles would have permanently removed the Iranian and Iraqi threat successfully without any loss of lives.

I dont buy that "sacrifice" nonsense. If cheney and Bush want to fight an ego war then pls they shld not pretend its on my behalf. America was still free in 1989 at the height of Saddam's powers.
Re: Gone For War by onyinye2(f): 11:01pm On Jul 28, 2008
HCH3COO:

Onyin, you wouldn't even have a family when that bomb is dropped on your little hut.  cheesy  Be glad you have people making the sacrifices to prevent that from happening  kiss
I appreciate these people alot. But it is just that how do you expect me to hold it down at home while you are out fighting some war? how do you expect me to sleep at night when all im thinking about is that i might wake up to be surprised with news that my husband was killed by a suicidal bomber? How do you expect me to let go of him when he is about to deport into a foreign country?How do you expect me to tell the kids that daddy will come home safe and sound when i know there is a possibility he might not??
Re: Gone For War by eldee(m): 11:02pm On Jul 28, 2008
KarmaMod:

How is it a new argument? If anything that other than thinking about the family he/she is leaving behind, those are the kind of things they should consider IF they even come back alive.
It depends on how you're brought up
The way you grow up forms your mindset, your values and stuffs like that
Some are ready to die for their family, some for religion, some for just bravery

What might be driving him might be different from that of the next soldier
What if his mum died in 9/11?
Re: Gone For War by LASIEFAIRE(m): 11:02pm On Jul 28, 2008
HCH3COO:

Onyin, you wouldn't even have a family when that bomb is dropped on your little hut.  cheesy Be glad you have people making the sacrifices to prevent that from happening kiss

There are very few(if any) countries in the world with a mandatory armed forces service. Nigeria isnt even by force.
Most are voluntary. IF you have such a view about the Service members, dont marry one in it or that will join.
But seeing someone laying is life for your freedom as idiotic is beyond me. cry cry cry I weep for how some people reason.
Re: Gone For War by KarmaMod(f): 11:04pm On Jul 28, 2008
eldee:

It depends on how you're brought up
The way you grow up forms your mindset, your values and stuffs like that
Some are ready to die for their family, some for religion, some for just bravery

What might be driving him might be different from that of the next soldier
What if his mum died in 9/11?

I see what you mean and I agree

as for 9/11. Lol wetin concern Hussein with that? :p

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Can U Do For Love / . / Before You Sleep With Him Or Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.