Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Atheists are zombies - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists are zombies (5355 Views)

Why Are Atheists All Over The World So Slow And Irrational / Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion / Why Are Atheists/agnostics Viewed So Vilely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists are zombies by macof(m): 1:58pm On Dec 18, 2013
thehomer:

The theory of evolution is also a scientific theory. The fact that the discoverer was a European doesn't make it less true.

Yh but if it was African NL atheist would call it BS
Re: Atheists are zombies by macof(m): 1:59pm On Dec 18, 2013
thehomer:

What do you believe as a pagan?

My Ori is wat I believe in
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:28pm On Dec 18, 2013
thehomer:

I missed that part of his response. You seem to think that being a pagan is somehow better. Why don't you stop your foolishness and avoid using Western languages too?

look before you lick.
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:37pm On Dec 18, 2013
thehomer:

The theory of evolution is also a scientific theory. The fact that the discoverer was a European doesn't make it less true.

And you accepted what they told you about intelligence evolution and race?

Where is the macro-evolution evidence pls? Dont tell me adaptation crap.

Is there any African thought or philosophy that you can present which support evolution?

You dismissed religion dogma because there is no evidence for God, supernaturals and wholes of inconsistency, illogicality and fable embedded in it. Pls can you provide marco-evolution evidence....show us evidence the whites are evolved in intelligence and you are the one close to your cousin- ape. Where is the missing link? If you cant provide this evidences, why are you hanging on it like a religionist hang on his religion without evidence?

Religion insulted your ancestral heritage....christianity painted devil as black, islam said blacks are next to donkey and mormon said blacks are slaves. Evolution said you are Ape and have lesser intelligence than other race in the world. Is this what you want to defend?

2 Likes

Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:37pm On Dec 18, 2013
macof:

You didn't noticed ad-hominem? He wants to change the argument direction into attacks on your person.
Re: Atheists are zombies by thehomer: 3:47pm On Dec 18, 2013
macof:

Yh but if it was African NL atheist would call it BS

What do you mean by "if it was African"? It is accepted because it is a scientific theory not because it was proposed by a European.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists are zombies by thehomer: 3:47pm On Dec 18, 2013
macof:

What is an Ori?
Re: Atheists are zombies by thehomer: 3:53pm On Dec 18, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

What did they say about intelligence, evolution and race?

FOLYKAZE:

I can send you to read articles on the evidence. Are you willing to read them?

FOLYKAZE:
Is there any African thought or philosophy that you can present which support evolution?

Does there have to be some African thought or philosophy before I accept a scientific theory?

FOLYKAZE:
You dismissed religion dogma because there is no evidence for God, supernaturals and wholes of inconsistency, illogicality and fable embedded in it. Pls can you provide marco-evolution evidence....show us evidence the whites are evolved in intelligence and you are the one close to your cousin- ape. Where is the missing link? If you cant provide this evidences, why are you hanging on it like a religionist hang on his religion without evidence?

Again, are you willing to educate yourself on the theory of evolution? Actually, all of us on earth today are about as equidistant from our common ancestor. You're merely displaying your ignorance of the theory. Since we're online, I can send you to articles showing the evidence.

FOLYKAZE:
Religion insulted your ancestral heritage....christianity painted devil as black, islam said blacks are next to donkey and mormon said blacks are slaves. Evolution said you are Ape and have lesser intelligence than other race in the world. Is this what you want to defend?

Sorry but you've mixed correct information with wrong information. The theory of evolution doesn't say you have less intelligence than other races though you are an ape. Just as every other human on earth are apes. What I'm defending is that the theory of evolution is a scientific theory.
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:54pm On Dec 18, 2013
thehomer:

What do you mean by "if it was African"? It is accepted because it is a scientific theory not because it was proposed by a European.

Lets use this analogy. You were standing in line and the dude in your back called you an ape. You were called Ape because Evolution said it. Do you know anything about Ape-insult? You were a pretty big guy like 6' 10" and 257 lbs, but he called you ape and started laughing to some guy in back of him.

What would come to your mind and what would your reaction be?
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:05pm On Dec 18, 2013
thehomer:

What did they say about intelligence, evolution and race?

Your people are lesser intelligent than other race in the globe.

thehomer:
I can send you to read articles on the evidence. Are you willing to read them?

Put it content here. Lets check through.

thehomer:
Does there have to be some African thought or philosophy before I accept a scientific theory?

Is scientific theory not applying universally? Why are evolution works only by the west?

thehomer:
Again, are you willing to educate yourself on the theory of evolution? Actually, all of us on earth today are about as equidistant from our common ancestor. You're merely displaying your ignorance of the theory. Since we're online, I can send you to articles showing the evidence.

put it here and lets reveal it.

Who is the common ancestors pls? What does it look like?
thehomer:
Sorry but you've mixed correct information with wrong information. The theory of evolution doesn't say you have less intelligence than other races though you are an ape. Just as every other human on earth are apes. What I'm defending is that the theory of evolution is a scientific theory.

Sorry YOU are Ape. Eniyan ni mi. Wtf?

You aint defending anything. Come up with fact
Re: Atheists are zombies by hunter21(m): 4:57pm On Dec 18, 2013
Nairaland atheists are a bunch of narrow minded, QED, textbook physicists.
Re: Atheists are zombies by thehomer: 5:06pm On Dec 18, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Lets use this analogy. You were standing in line and the dude in your back called you an ape. You were called Ape because Evolution said it. Do you know anything about Ape-insult? You were a pretty big guy like 6' 10" and 257 lbs, but he called you ape and started laughing to some guy in back of him.

What would come to your mind and what would your reaction be?

My reaction would be to point out that the person too was an ape since we both belong to the same species. If the person disagrees, then they're welcome to pick the species to which they think they belong.
Re: Atheists are zombies by thehomer: 5:14pm On Dec 18, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Your people are lesser intelligent than other race in the globe.

Who is this they? And how was this information obtained?

FOLYKAZE:
Put it content here. Lets check through.

Okay. Here's the article.

FOLYKAZE:
Is scientific theory not applying universally? Why are evolution works only by the west?

Have you heard about the theory of gravity, theory of relativity and many many others? Lots of theories were formed in the West. It still doesn't make them incorrect.

FOLYKAZE:
put it here and lets reveal it.

See the link above.

FOLYKAZE:
Who is the common ancestors pls? What does it look like?

It looks like an ape.

FOLYKAZE:
Sorry YOU are Ape. Eniyan ni mi. Wtf?

Well if you're a human, then you're also an ape whether you like it or not. Unless you think you're some other type of mammal. You can tell me the type of mammal you are if you don't think you're an ape.

FOLYKAZE:
You aint defending anything. Come up with fact

What have I said so far that isn't factual?
Re: Atheists are zombies by macof(m): 5:55pm On Dec 18, 2013
thehomer:

What is an Ori?

The greatest gift to all living organism...
Re: Atheists are zombies by Ajibam: 6:02pm On Dec 18, 2013
pagans on ravage!!!! smiley
Re: Atheists are zombies by thehomer: 6:08pm On Dec 18, 2013
macof:

The greatest gift to all living organism...

I still don't know what you mean. Can you expatiate on what you believe?
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:21pm On Dec 18, 2013
thehomer:

Who is this they? And how was this information obtained?

Dr James Watson said Africans are less intelligent. http://mightyminnow./2007/10/18/black-people-are-less-intelligent-says-dr-james-watson-nobel-prize-winner-and-dna-pioneer/

You can read another from wiki http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_intelligence

thehomer:
Okay. Here's the article.

Do you know what content is?

thehomer:
Have you heard about the theory of gravity, theory of relativity and many many others? Lots of theories were formed in the West. It still doesn't make them incorrect.

How does these insulted African intelligence?

thehomer:
See the link above.

I visited the link but it junk. A christian will tell you bible is the evidence of heaven. But you will refute that right? Give me evidence....you accepted something. Cant you say something about what you accept rather than directing me to wiki.

thehomer:
It looks like an ape.

how do you know it look like ape?

thehomer:
Well if you're a human, then you're also an ape whether you like it or not. Unless you think you're some other type of mammal. You can tell me the type of mammal you are if you don't think you're an ape.

dont make me start from chromosomes.

thehomer:
What have I said so far that isn't factual?

Nothing....just going in circle like theist.
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:23pm On Dec 18, 2013
Ajibam: pagans on ravage!!!! smiley

I'm a spiritual atheist not pagan.
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:24pm On Dec 18, 2013
thehomer:

I still don't know what you mean. Can you expatiate on what you believe?

Do you carefully read my first post on this thread? I translate what Ori is to english there. Go back and read it.
Re: Atheists are zombies by Ajibam: 6:37pm On Dec 18, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

I'm a spiritual atheist not pagan.
inasmuch you deny Christ as your Lord and Saviour... you are a pagan!!
military atheist or spiritual or whatever....
Jesus loves you..
repent to him now
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:40pm On Dec 18, 2013
thehomer:

My reaction would be to point out that the person too was an ape since we both belong to the same species. If the person disagrees, then they're welcome to pick the species to which they think they belong.

The person will pick human - Eniyan. You can be the Eranko.

Where is the evidence that was Ape?

And I dont get something here again..... Did they said humans are ape or human and ape are different species which evolved from common ancestors?
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:49pm On Dec 18, 2013
Ajibam:
Jesus loves you..
repent to him now

You are infidel in as much you deny Allah and do not accept prophet mohammad is his messenger. You shall gnash teeth in hell either as catholic, baptist, protestant or whatever.

You better bow down and worship Allah.
Re: Atheists are zombies by Obi1kenobi(m): 7:30pm On Dec 18, 2013
FOLYKAZE:
You've quoted one man who made a highly controversial comment that was dismissed by several of his colleagues - including his own research lab and his research funders - and you proclaim it here repetitively as if it's a widely accepted scientific theory. Are you thick?

What kind of evidence do you want? Pictures from 100,000 BC? You think the same humans roaming the earth now existed in the age of the dinosaurs? There are tons and tons of literature about evolution around. Educate yourself and quit exposing your ignorance about the subject.

You can educate us if you know any African philosophy in fields of science. As it is, the West is the current bedrock of science - so they naturally dominate. There's a reason all those scientists in your physics and chemistry books are products of Western culture. Instead of your aimless ramblings, educate us on these African philosophies so we can learn.

More aimless rambling.
Re: Atheists are zombies by macof(m): 7:59pm On Dec 18, 2013
Ajibam:
Jesus loves you..
repent to him now

Whether u like it or Not

Jesus can't save a common rat
Re: Atheists are zombies by macof(m): 8:00pm On Dec 18, 2013
Obi1kenobi:
You've quoted one man who made a highly controversial comment that was dismissed by several of his colleagues - including his own research lab and his research funders - and you proclaim it here repetitively as if it's a widely accepted scientific theory. Are you thick?

What kind of evidence do you want? Pictures from 100,000 BC? You think the same humans roaming the earth now existed in the age of the dinosaurs? There are tons and tons of literature about evolution around. Educate yourself and quit exposing your ignorance about the subject.

You can educate us if you know any African philosophy in fields of science. As it is, the West is the current bedrock of science - so they naturally dominate. There's a reason all those scientists in your physics and chemistry books are products of Western culture. Instead of your aimless ramblings, educate us on these African philosophies so we can learn.

More aimless rambling.

To the bold- you know this but you were playing dumb when I said "western science" when u knew exactly wat I meant.

Such Criminal attitude
Re: Atheists are zombies by thehomer: 8:08pm On Dec 18, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Dr James Watson said Africans are less intelligent. http://mightyminnow./2007/10/18/black-people-are-less-intelligent-says-dr-james-watson-nobel-prize-winner-and-dna-pioneer/

You can read another from wiki http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_intelligence

I didn't know that James Watson's opinion was the end of any discussion on race and intelligence. What you're doing is committing the fallacious appeal to authority because James Watson isn't a professional psychologist and actual psychologists don't accept that conclusion. I wonder if you read the Wikipedia article you linked because it also pointed out:

Wikipedia:
The concept of intelligence and the degree to which intelligence is measurable is a matter of debate. While there is a general consensus within Western science about how to define intelligence, the concept of intelligence as something that can be unequivocally measured by a single figure is not universally accepted.[39] A recurring criticism is that different societies value and promote different kinds of skills and that the concept of intelligence is therefore culturally variable and cannot be measured by the same criteria in different societies.[39] Consequently, some critics argue that proposed relationships to other variables are necessarily tentative.

You really should have read your own source.

FOLYKAZE:
Do you know what content is?

Can you read the article I linked to or do you have a problem with it?

FOLYKAZE:
How does these insulted African intelligence?

How does any other scientific theory insult African intelligence? i.e if African intelligence is actually a coherent concept. If you had read the article you posted, you'll have seen the flaws in that question.

FOLYKAZE:
I visited the link but it junk. A christian will tell you bible is the evidence of heaven. But you will refute that right? Give me evidence....you accepted something. Cant you say something about what you accept rather than directing me to wiki.

How is it junk? When I'm refuting the Christian's opinion, I use facts. Do you want me to teach you biology on an anonymous public forum? You first need to understand what is being discussed. You asked for evidence of evolution, I sent you a link about evidence for evolution and you're complaining. If you find it confusing, just point at the heading you find confusing. I can but the article does a much better job. Don't forget that you also directed me to a Wikipedia article that you apparently didn't read.

FOLYKAZE:
how do you know it look like ape?

Because it was part of the ape lineage.

FOLYKAZE:
dont make me start from chromosomes.

Start wherever you want.

FOLYKAZE:
Nothing....just going in circle like theist.

So all I've said is factual yet you're complaining? Rather than complaining, why don't you take the time to actually understand the theory you're failing to criticize?
Re: Atheists are zombies by thehomer: 8:12pm On Dec 18, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Do you carefully read my first post on this thread? I translate what Ori is to english there. Go back and read it.

What is this? Are you a sockpuppet? I was talking to macof. Are you macof or am I missing something here?
Re: Atheists are zombies by thehomer: 8:38pm On Dec 18, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

The person will pick human - Eniyan. You can be the Eranko.

Where is the evidence that was Ape?

And I dont get something here again..... Did they said humans are ape or human and ape are different species which evolved from common ancestors?

Well if the person picks human, then that person is also an ape.

The evidence is in the definition of ape. Follow the link. If you can't, I'll post the introduction here. You can read the entire article.

Wikipedia:
Apes are Old World anthropoid mammals, more specifically a clade of tailless catarrhine primates, belonging to the biological superfamily Hominoidea. The apes are native to Africa and South-east Asia. Apes are the largest primates and the orangutan, an ape, is the largest living arboreal animal. Hominoids are traditionally forest dwellers, although chimpanzees may range into savanna, and the extinct australopithecines were likely also savanna inhabitants, inferred from their morphology. Humans inhabit almost every terrestrial habitat.

Hominoidea contains two families of living (extant) species:

Hylobatidae consists of four genera and sixteen species of gibbon, including the lar gibbon and the siamang. They are commonly referred to as lesser apes.
Hominidae consists of orangutans, gorillas, chimpanzees, bonobos and humans.[1][2] Alternatively, the hominidae family are collectively described as the great apes.[3][4][5][6] There are two extant species in the orangutan genus (Pongo), two species in the gorilla genus, and a single extant species Homo sapiens in the human genus (Homo). Chimpanzees and bonobos are closely related to each other and they represent the two species in the genus Pan.

Members of the superfamily are called hominoids (not to be confused with the family of "hominids" - great apes, the subfamily of hominines, the tribe of "hominins" aka the human clade, or the subtribe of hominans).

Some or all hominoids are also called "apes". However, the term "ape" is used in several different senses. It has been used as a synonym for "monkey" or for any tailless primate with a humanlike appearance.[7] Thus the Barbary macaque, a kind of monkey, is popularly called the "Barbary ape" to indicate its lack of a tail. Biologists have used the term "ape" to mean a member of the superfamily Hominoidea other than humans,[3] or more recently to mean all members of the superfamily Hominoidea, so that "ape" becomes another word for "hominoid".[6][8] See also Primate: Historical and modern terminology.

Humans are apes and apes share common ancestry.
Re: Atheists are zombies by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:29pm On Dec 18, 2013
macof:

To the bold- you know this but you were playing dumb when I said "western science" when u knew exactly wat I meant.

Such Criminal attitude
What I wrote there doesn't support the crap you wrote. I didn't term anything Western science, did I? That scientific principles and theories are propounded in the West doesn't make it "Western" if it is a universal truth. Calling it Western in your twisted context suggests it's some kind of superstition or falsehood that is uniqely associated with the West. But those things you call Western are widely accepted all around the world. You could go to Japanese or Indian or Dubai universities and it's the same thing you call Western science you'll be thought.
Re: Atheists are zombies by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:43pm On Dec 18, 2013
macof:

This is not about using things developed by them. Its about accepting anything that comes from them, without even using ur head. Anything that hasnt been proven by oyinbo is bullpoo. Why cant NL athiest go and research and get their own philosophies to disprove or prove things l
Besides in my knowledge it's Japan that developed electronic device

Tell wat African philosophy u have ever accepted?
But you approve of all their material products and use them freely, but when you can't understand a theory promulgated by them, you shut down your brain under the delusion of "using you head". Which philosophies do you want the atheists to go and investigate? How many have you been able to prove and disprove?

Japan developed which Electronic device? Please, stick to debating pagan crap and don't venture into what you're clueless about. Because you see a few Japanese electronic manufacturers, you assume they developed the technology? grin So the Japanese developed cars too because they have some automobile manufacturers like Honda and Toyota, abi?
Re: Atheists are zombies by MrTroll(m): 12:05am On Dec 19, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

we paid for it. Understood?
lol, as if that somehow makes it less oyinbo.

stop behaving as if you dont understand what he said. Darwinism is a theory from western scientist.

Also what can you say about African innovations and scientifical discovery?
if it is a theory from western scientist nko? That makes it a problem how?

I have utmost respect for any invention and scientific discovery whether african or western...

macof:

This is not about using things developed by them. Its about accepting anything that comes from them, without even using ur head. Anything that hasnt been proven by oyinbo is bullpoo. Why cant NL athiest go and research and get their own philosophies to disprove or prove things l
Besides in my knowledge it's Japan that developed electronic device

Tell wat African philosophy u have ever accepted?
what gives you this impression that we accept anything without using our head? Is it our fault that instead of us africans to use our brains for technology we choose instead to pray?
Re: Atheists are zombies by macof(m): 10:00am On Dec 19, 2013
Obi1kenobi:
But you approve of all their material products and use them freely, but when you can't understand a theory promulgated by them, you shut down your brain under the delusion of "using you head". Which philosophies do you want the atheists to go and investigate? How many have you been able to prove and disprove?

Japan developed which Electronic device? Please, stick to debating pagan crap and don't venture into what you're clueless about. Because you see a few Japanese electronic manufacturers, you assume they developed the technology? grin So the Japanese developed cars too because they have some automobile manufacturers like Honda and Toyota, abi?

fact is you accept any bullpoo coming from oyinbo wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! / An Angel Spot At Ghana / Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.