Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Atheists are zombies - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists are zombies (5365 Views)

Why Are Atheists All Over The World So Slow And Irrational / Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion / Why Are Atheists/agnostics Viewed So Vilely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists are zombies by MrPresident1: 8:33am On Feb 19, 2021
Somebody is quoting Dan Brown's book for the Bible, loool, how laughable grin grin grin
Re: Atheists are zombies by Image123(m): 5:59pm On Feb 20, 2021
LordReed:
The Bible did not arrive by fax from heaven. The Bible is the product of man, my dear. Not of God. The Bible did not fall magically from the clouds. Man created it as a historical record of tumultuous times, and it has evolved through countless translations, additions, and revisions. History has never had a definitive version of the book.

Dan Brown, The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon, #2)

Lol, you believe Mr. Brown to discredit the Bible. No wonder Psalms 14v1 doesn't struggle to be true.
Re: Atheists are zombies by LordReed(m): 9:11pm On Feb 20, 2021
MrPresident1:
Somebody is quoting Dan Brown's book for the Bible, loool, how laughable grin grin grin

Yes its a laugh when one work of fiction references another work of fiction.
Re: Atheists are zombies by MrPresident1: 10:55pm On Feb 20, 2021
LordReed:

Yes its a laugh when one work of fiction references another work of fiction.

grin grin grin

Psalms 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Re: Atheists are zombies by LordReed(m): 3:06am On Feb 21, 2021
MrPresident1:

grin grin grin

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.

Isaac Asimov

1 Like

Re: Atheists are zombies by MrPresident1: 7:24am On Feb 21, 2021
LordReed:

Isaac Asimov

He whom the gods want to destroy they first make them mad

Chinua Achebe
Re: Atheists are zombies by LordReed(m): 7:27am On Feb 21, 2021
MrPresident1:

He whom the gods want to destroy they first makes them mad

Chinua Achebe

The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.

Thomas Jefferson

1 Like

Re: Atheists are zombies by MrPresident1: 7:29am On Feb 21, 2021
LordReed:

The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.

Thomas Jefferson

Re: Atheists are zombies by Image123(m): 8:06am On Feb 21, 2021
LordReed:

Isaac Asimov

Only that most raving atheists don't know the Bible, they only read ill informed folks and liars like you.
Re: Atheists are zombies by LordReed(m): 8:25am On Feb 21, 2021
MrPresident1:

Doubt as sin. — Christianity has done its utmost to close the circle and declared even doubt to be sin. One is supposed to be cast into belief without reason, by a miracle, and from then on to swim in it as in the brightest and least ambiguous of elements: even a glance towards land, even the thought that one perhaps exists for something else as well as swimming, even the slightest impulse of our amphibious nature — is sin! And notice that all this means that the foundation of belief and all reflection on its origin is likewise excluded as sinful. What is wanted are blindness and intoxication and an eternal song over the waves in which reason has drowned.

Friedrich Nietzsche, Daybreak: Thoughts on the Prejudices of Morality
Re: Atheists are zombies by Image123(m): 8:32am On Feb 21, 2021
LordReed:

Doubt as sin. — Christianity has done its utmost to close the circle and declared even doubt to be sin. One is supposed to be cast into belief without reason, by a miracle, and from then on to swim in it as in the brightest and least ambiguous of elements: even a glance towards land, even the thought that one perhaps exists for something else as well as swimming, even the slightest impulse of our amphibious nature — is sin! And notice that all this means that the foundation of belief and all reflection on its origin is likewise excluded as sinful. What is wanted are blindness and intoxication and an eternal song over the waves in which reason has drowned.

Nietzsche the miserable, oh well birds of the same feathers tend to flock together.
Re: Atheists are zombies by MrPresident1: 8:37am On Feb 21, 2021
LordReed:

You better give your life to Jesus Christ so that you do not wake up into shame and disgrace when he returns. Jesus is the way the truth and the life no man comes to the father except thorough him.

And stop quoting Nietzsche and Jefferson, you understand nothing of what they are saying
Re: Atheists are zombies by LordReed(m): 12:11pm On Feb 22, 2021
MrPresident1:

You better give your life to Jesus Christ so that you do not wake up into shame and disgrace when he returns. Jesus is the way the truth and the life no man comes to the father except thorough him.

And stop quoting Nietzsche and Jefferson, you understand nothing of what they are saying

There is something infantile in the presumption that somebody else has a responsibility to give your life meaning and point… The truly adult view, by contrast, is that our life is as meaningful, as full and as wonderful as we choose to make it.

Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
Re: Atheists are zombies by MrPresident1: 11:08pm On Feb 24, 2021
Psalms 1:5
Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
Re: Atheists are zombies by MrPresident1: 10:33am On Apr 15, 2021
Psalms 138:3-5
In the day when I cried thou answeredst me, and strengthenedst me with strength in my soul.
4 All the kings of the earth shall praise thee, O LORD, when they hear the words of thy mouth.
5 Yea, they shall sing in the ways of the LORD: for great is the glory of the LORD.
Re: Atheists are zombies by MrPresident1: 12:37pm On Apr 08, 2023
wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Iyin Ye, Olorun Wa, Oba To Ngbo Adura, Ogo Ye, Olorun, Oba To Ngbo Adura / The OLUMBA OLUMBA Story - Why He’s god / mm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.