Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,643 members, 7,823,827 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Atheists are zombies - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists are zombies (5374 Views)

Why Are Atheists All Over The World So Slow And Irrational / Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion / Why Are Atheists/agnostics Viewed So Vilely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists are zombies by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:05pm On Dec 19, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

If you are an atheist....pls know that I am too. So better take away this foul cry you are forcing into your insultive words if you want me to take you serious.

Where are the evidence that his team mate ridiculed him? You are sounding like christian. No evidence...then you should shut the hell.
You were so quick to point out what a single scientist wrote but were uable to see tons of peers who dismissed and debunked Watson's claims. I won't indulge that laziness and I won't link anything. A quick 2 minute search on Google would educate you showing several people and research organizations - including Watson's lab - that disagree with him. Else, you can wallow in your ignorance and keep regurgitating the same garbage about Watson as if he's an anointed god and appointed spokesman for all scientists. It's as moro.nic as claiming all Ifa priests represent all pagans across the wold. Or the views of Adeboye represents all christians across the world.

There are lot of literatures on the existence of Adam and Eve. There are many evidence that state moses crossed the red sea. Does that make it fact? No evidence then you saying shite.
Except that the analogy is a silly one and doesn't work. The cream of the global scientific community agree on basic principles in evolution, although they may disagree about modalities and other issues concerning it. It doesn't matter whether it's an elite biologist in Cambridge or Princeton or one in the University of Tokyo. Literature on Adam and Eve are little more than shepherd tales. And there is no evidence Moses crossed the red sea. Quit smoking that stuff you're on. If you can't understand the theory of evolution, you'd best keep mute rather than broadcasting your comprehension issues publicly.

lol.....how can I educate someone that hardly know his history?

So you dont know African spirituality?
See mugu. grin Which history do you think you know? And which history have I discussed with you before?

cry me a river.... Deal with my points or get lost.
Except you have no actual points. Just rehashing the same tedious stuff with no real substance and arguing about things you have no grasp about.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists are zombies by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:21pm On Dec 19, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Lol. I cant help but laugh at this ignorance you are displaying everywhere.

The egyptians invented the dating system in relation with solar system. Is it perfect or not?

Several ancient African cultures birthed discoveries in astronomy. The Dogon in Mali documented Sirius before the european came. Many of these are foundations on which we still rely, and some were so advanced that their mode of discovery still cannot be understood. Egyptians charted the movement of the sun and constellations and the cycles of the moon. They divided the year into 12 parts and developed a yearlong calendar system containing 365 ¼ days. Clocks were made with moving water and sundial-like clocks were used. A structure known as the African Stonehenge in present-day Kenya (constructed around 300 B.C.) was a remarkably accurate calendar. Need I remember you the great pyramid and it relativeness with astronomical references? And you said Africans do not know moon and it tide. You are an embarrassment to Black race.

Where did we get it wrong Mother Africa? Ignorance is killing your children
More aimless rambling after misquoting the poor fella. He never said anything about Calendar systems and astronomy. He was taking about the understanding of the concept of gravity and it's effects on the earth. And you abandoned his point to go off on this rant . The likes of Newton and Galileo studied the concept with experimental and mathematical representations and made it better understood. Keep up and stop twisting people's arguments.

1 Like

Re: Atheists are zombies by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:30pm On Dec 19, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Science is not only compatible with spiritualism; it is the profound source of science - carl sagan.

How do you understand that quote pls?
The quote is a sackload of absolute sheite. Funny how I'm the one rejecting the view of the westerner and you're the one quoting the nonsense from the Westerner because it may support whatever point you're trying unsuccessfully to make. I thought we were meant to swallow everything they feed us? grin New lesson learnt - you're only a slave to Western philosophy, science, literature and whatever when it suits you. When it doesn't, others are the slaves. Real funny fellow, you are. grin

4 Likes

Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:44pm On Dec 19, 2013
Obi1kenobi:
The quote is a sackload of absolute sheite.

How?

Obi1kenobi:
Funny how I'm the one rejecting the view of the westerner and you're the one quoting the nonsense from the Westerner because it may support whatever point you're trying unsuccessfully to make. I thought we were meant to swallow everything they feed us? grin New lesson learnt - you're only a slave to Western philosophy, science, literature and whatever when it suits you. When it doesn't, others are the slaves. Real funny fellow, you are. grin

Carl Sagan is a jew.
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:46pm On Dec 19, 2013
Obi1kenobi:
More aimless rambling after misquoting the poor fella. He never said anything about Calendar systems and astronomy. He was taking about the understanding of the concept of gravity and it's effects on the earth. And you abandoned his point to go off on this rant . The likes of Newton and Galileo studied the concept with experimental and mathematical representations and made it better understood. Keep up and stop twisting people's arguments.

You missed where he said Africans do not know about Moon?

I can feel your pain
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:56pm On Dec 19, 2013
Obi1kenobi:
You were so quick to point out what a single scientist wrote but were uable to see tons of peers who dismissed and debunked Watson's claims.

For goodness sake, why is it hard for you to show us the link of videos, articles and magazine where his peers renounced this claim? Moreover, I dropped a bomb which you can hardly handle...and you are here strongly battling with it. I have more than 10 different people who said something related Dr James claim. I have quotes from Darwin to back my point but how would I lodge it if you cant survive a single hit?

Obi1kenobi:
I won't indulge that laziness and I won't link anything. A quick 2 minute search on Google would educate you showing several people and research organizations - including Watson's lab - that disagree with him. Else, you can wallow in your ignorance and keep regurgitating the same garbage about Watson as if he's an anointed god and appointed spokesman for all scientists.

simply say....'i got nothing to offer'. Your silence is deafening.

Obi1kenobi:
It's as moro.nic as claiming all Ifa priests represent all pagans across the wold. Or the views of Adeboye represents all christians across the world.

cry me a river.

A single terrorist gave whole muslim bad tag.

Obi1kenobi:
Except that the analogy is a silly one and doesn't work. The cream of the global scientific community agree on basic principles in evolution, although they may disagree about modalities and other issues concerning it. It doesn't matter whether it's an elite biologist in Cambridge or Princeton or one in the University of Tokyo. Literature on Adam and Eve are little more than shepherd tales. And there is no evidence Moses crossed the red sea. Quit smoking that stuff you're on. If you can't understand the theory of evolution, you'd best keep mute rather than broadcasting your comprehension issues publicly.

sound like a christian. Lol

Obi1kenobi:
See mugu. grin Which history do you think you know? And which history have I discussed with you before?

Ad-homiem. Jeez.

History have African thoughts and philosophies. If you have known history, you wont split gilberish.

Obi1kenobi:
Except you have no actual points. Just rehashing the same tedious stuff with no real substance and arguing about things you have no grasp about.

christians are better here....you got nothing to offer. A point have become a mountain before thee. Lol
Re: Atheists are zombies by ManhunterTM(m): 12:00am On Dec 20, 2013
^^^ Go and sleep bro, enough with the back and forth arguments.
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:13am On Dec 20, 2013
Manhunter™:
^^^ Go and sleep bro, enough with the back and forth arguments.

lol. Yes sir. Goodnight
Re: Atheists are zombies by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:33am On Dec 20, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

How?

Carl Sagan is a jew.
A family of several generations that have lived in Russia and America count as Western to me. Laughable attempt at wriggling out of your hole.
FOLYKAZE:

You missed where he said Africans do not know about Moon?

I can feel your pain
Clear proof of your comprehension issues. Al he spoke about was the effect of gravity. He said nothing about all the crap you were rambling about while deluding yourself about your knowledge of African history.
Re: Atheists are zombies by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:52am On Dec 20, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

For goodness sake, why is it hard for you to show us the link of videos, articles and magazine where his peers renounced this claim? Moreover, I dropped a bomb which you can hardly handle...and you are here strongly battling with it. I have more than 10 different people who said something related Dr James claim. I have quotes from Darwin to back my point but how would I lodge it if you cant survive a single hit?

simply say....'i got nothing to offer'. Your silence is deafening.

http://content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1673952,00.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dan-agin/how-not-to-end-a-career-t_b_68953.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/25/science/25cnd-watson.html
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/fury-at-dna-pioneers-theory-africans-are-less-intelligent-than-westerners-394898.html

I only had to look through a single Google page to find all that. Are you suddenly illiterate on how to use the internet? I can even give you a Nairaland link here:
https://www.nairaland.com/99978/dna-racist-watson-16-african

You can find several times more mainstream negative reactions to his quote and all he lost immediately after it was publicized but considering how you've kept vomiting his quote endlessly, it's odd you can't find them.

cry me a river.

A single terrorist gave whole muslim bad tag.
And that sounds rational in your twisted reasoning? An individual being used to judge thousands or millions of people?
"cry me a river"? Are you like 12-years-old with how often you repeat that children's playground drivel?

Ad-homiem. Jeez.

History have African thoughts and philosophies. If you have known history, you wont split gilberish.

Meaningless comment. Swinging wildly and connecting with nothing. And we know you've learnt a word called "ad hominem". You don't have to keep repeating it to make yourself appear clever. Especially as you don't see the irony when attacking and generalizing people with no rational arguments and tediously trotting out "ad hominem" when they return the favour.
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:48am On Dec 20, 2013
Obi1kenobi:
A family of several generations that have lived in Russia and America count as Western to me. Laughable attempt at wriggling out of your hole.

I asked a question which you ignored. You not to be taken serious.

A jew is a jew. Knocked.

Obi1kenobi:
Clear proof of your comprehension issues. Al he spoke about was the effect of gravity. He said nothing about all the crap you were rambling about while deluding yourself about your knowledge of African history.

gravity is now moon? Lol
Re: Atheists are zombies by gothrones(m): 2:21am On Dec 20, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Carl Sagan is a jew.

Yes he was. But he was also white and an American; ergo, he was a westerner. I hope you know that "Jew" is not a race.

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/the-jewish-thinker/jews-are-not-a-race-but-a-nation-1.436353
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:26am On Dec 20, 2013
Obi1kenobi:

http://content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1673952,00.html

This is a public outburst writing on a black webpage.....no author?

Obi1kenobi:

Took my time to read through everything on this page. It very interesting indeed. But no author.

Obi1kenobi:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/25/science/25cnd-watson.html

Yeah the best. But I cant find his peers on the link.

Obi1kenobi:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/fury-at-dna-pioneers-theory-africans-are-less-intelligent-than-westerners-394898.html

This is mere public fury not science circle.

Show me where his peers renounced him...... And dont tell me you dont know the meaning of renounce....I am not saying outburst.

Obi1kenobi:
I only had to look through a single Google page to find all that.

You aint intelligent. Internet is a whole of bullcrap. Where you can find support and against for motives on same subject. The fact is Dr James said this and he didn't deny it. If you want to renounce, people should do test and proof him wrong completely. Words are cheap.

Here is a foolish Nigerian supporting him http://why-we-are-white-refugees..com/2010/08/nigerian-agrees-with-dna-pioneers.html . So why would you want me to rely on public opinion?

Obi1kenobi:
Are you suddenly illiterate on how to use the internet?

still cant do without insult. What has illiteracy and use of internet got in relation?

Obi1kenobi:
I can even give you a Nairaland link here:
https://www.nairaland.com/99978/dna-racist-watson-16-african

The content on the link is nowhere near refutation of his claim on logical and scientifical ground. On this linked thread, we have a religitard saying we are descendant of Adam and Eve. The rest are debate on intelligence and race definition. Nothing tangible there than cheap words. Get me logical refutation. How is that hard?

Obi1kenobi:
You can find several times more mainstream negative reactions to his quote and all he lost immediately after it was publicized but considering how you've kept vomiting his quote endlessly, it's odd you can't find them.

Is that what we need? Cheap words huh..... You are embarrassing.

Igbos are Jew, David said. 'I have genetic analytic result that proved my claim right....he further claimed.

But no...igbo are this are that are Igbo and not Jew.

FOLYKAZE : motherfuc.ker, provide logical refutation and scientifical rebuttal. Words are cheap and opinions are subjective.

You still cant show me this than nairaland talk that doesn't run pass two pages.

Obi1kenobi:
And that sounds rational in your twisted reasoning? An individual being used to judge thousands or millions of people?

“At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilized races of man will almost certainly exterminate and replace throughout the world the savage races. At the same time the anthropomorphous apes … will no doubt be exterminated. The break will then be rendered wider, for it will intervene between man in a more civilized state, as we may hope, than the Caucasian, and some ape as low as a baboon, instead of as at present between the negro or Australian and the gorilla.” -- Charles Darwin

Obi1kenobi:
"cry me a river"? Are you like 12-years-old with how often you repeat that children's playground drivel?

Passive aggressive behaviour is so poor for your health

Obi1kenobi:
Meaningless comment. Swinging wildly and connecting with nothing. And we know you've learnt a word called "ad hominem". You don't have to keep repeating it to make yourself appear clever. Especially as you don't see the irony when attacking and generalizing people with no rational arguments and tediously trotting out "ad hominem" when they return the favour.

foul cry. Lol
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:27am On Dec 20, 2013
gothrones:

Carl Sagan was an American, a westerner. He was also white.

Naturalised American. Israeli are not black abeg.
Re: Atheists are zombies by gothrones(m): 2:30am On Dec 20, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Took my time to read through everything on this page. It very interesting indeed. But no author.

Haba! The author was clearly there.

Re: Atheists are zombies by gothrones(m): 2:32am On Dec 20, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Naturalised American.

Nope. He was born in Brooklyn, New York.

FOLYKAZE: Israeli are not black abeg.

You haven't seen an Ethiopian Jew? Even you can convert to Judaism. It is a religion and a culture, not a race. It is interesting that you do not know that. But Sagan wasn't even an Israeli; he was born in the USA!
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:32am On Dec 20, 2013
gothrones:

Haba! The author was clearly there.

I talked for each link buddy. Visit them and debunk me pls if am wrong
Re: Atheists are zombies by gothrones(m): 2:33am On Dec 20, 2013
FOLYKAZE: I talked for each link buddy. Visit them and debunk me pls if am wrong

Obi1kenobi:

Took my time to read through everything on this page. It very interesting indeed. But no author.
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:36am On Dec 20, 2013
gothrones:

Nope. He was born in Brooklyn, New York.

You haven't seen an Ethiopian Jew? Even you can convert to Judaism. It is a religion and a culture, not a race. It is interesting that you do not know that. But Sagan wasn't even an Israeli; he was born in the USA!

Are you sick? Where did I mentioned ethiopian Jew? I said Israeli jew are not blacks.

Wikipedia :
According to Sagan, they were Reform Jews, the most liberal of Judaism's three main groups.

And you dont know what naturalised citizen is huh?
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:38am On Dec 20, 2013
gothrones:

I now see it. Thanks...
Re: Atheists are zombies by gothrones(m): 2:41am On Dec 20, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Are you sick? Where did I mentioned ethiopian Jew? I said Israeli jew are not blacks.

No need to insult me. You said Israeli Jews are not blacks. Then I gave an example of black Israeli Jews, Ethiopian Jews. I meant Ethiopian Jews born in Israel. For example, this guy in the Israeli army is a black Israeli Jew:

FOLYKAZE: And you dont know what naturalised citizen is huh?
Yes I do know, because I am a naturalized American citizen. A naturalized American citizen is one who obtains and takes an oath of citizenship. Since Sagan was born in the USA he is a natural-born citizen, not a naturalized citizen.

Further more, since I am a naturalized citizen, I cannot become the President of the USA. Only someone born in the USA can become the President or Vice-President.
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:48am On Dec 20, 2013
gothrones:

No need to insult me. You said Israeli Jews are not blacks. Then I gave an example of black Israeli Jews, Ethiopian Jews. I meant Ethiopian Jews born in Israel. For example, this guy in the Israeli army is a black Israeli Jew:

In other word, Igbo Jew are Israeli Jew. You funny dude.

gothrones:
Yes I do know, because I am a naturalized American citizen. A naturalized American citizen is one who obtains and takes an oath of citizenship. Since Sagan was born in the USA he is a natural-born citizen, not a naturalized citizen.

Further more, since I am a naturalized citizen, I cannot become the President of the USA. Only someone born in the USA can become the President or Vice-President.

And that make you finally American or Nigerian?

*apologies for the harsh word
Re: Atheists are zombies by gothrones(m): 2:54am On Dec 20, 2013
FOLYKAZE: In other word, Igbo Jew are Israeli Jew. You funny dude.

If you are Jewish and you are born in Israel, then you are an Israeli Jew. As for our Igbo brothers and sisters who call themselves Jews, I will hold my tongue. I don't know how someone will wake up one day and start to claim to be Jews.

FOLYKAZE: And that make you finally American or Nigerian?

I will always be a Nigerian. I speak like a Nigerian. My Yoruba is still solid. Technically, I am a Nigerian-American, but in reality, I am 100% Nigerian. Mi ole fi owo osi juwe ile baba temi.

1 Like

Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:01am On Dec 20, 2013
gothrones:

If you are Jewish and you are born in Israel, then you are an Israeli Jew. As for our Igbo brothers and sisters who call themselves Jews, I will hold my tongue. I don't know how someone will wake up one day and start to claim to be Jews.

lol

Sorry buddy.

Israeli Jew is not by giving birth to a child in Israel. Jew is an ethnoreligion circle which have to do with ancestry lineage with Abraham. You can be a jew if you have a jewish parent.

Carl sagan have jewish parents.

gothrones:
I will always be a Nigerian. I speak like a Nigerian. My Yoruba is still solid. Technically, I am a Nigerian-American, but in reality, I am 100% Nigerian. Mi ole fi owo osi juwe ile baba temi.

Omo Oduduwa. O je ki n ka we mi loru ni. Kin tun sun sha....je ki n bere ibere yi.

If your child is born in America, does that change him from being Omo Oduduwa to Washington's heir?
Re: Atheists are zombies by gothrones(m): 3:14am On Dec 20, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Omo Oduduwa. O je ki n ka we mi loru ni. Kin tun sun sha....je ki n bere ibere yi.

If your child is born in America, does that change him from being Omo Oduduwa to Washington's heir?

You are looking at it the wrong way. People who are born here typically act different. It doesn't matter what your culture or ancestry is, most Americans tend to act like Americans. Almost everyone born here do not speak the language of their parents, if their parents are foreign-born. Even if they do, by the second generation, it is all lost. I am speaking from experience. It is easy to preserve religion, but culture tends to die in America, and everyone is merged into the dominant culture.

A true Nigerian is one who is raised in Nigeria. That may sound harsh, but if you weren't raised or lived for a long time in Nigeria, you cannot understand the culture.

As for Sagan, even though his parents were Jewish, we don't know much about his faith. Most American Jews are non-practicing Jews. What is the point of calling myself a Nigerian if I cannot speak any Nigerian language; if I don't prostrate when I see my parents or elder ones; if the fear of God does not enter me when my father calls my name or when my mother calls my full name; if I don't eat any Nigerian food etc. There are tons of children born to Nigerian parents in USA and they are Nigerians in name only. I intend to marry a Nigerian woman and have my children sent to Nigeria for secondary education. My culture will not die here.
Re: Atheists are zombies by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:23am On Dec 20, 2013
gothrones:

You are looking at it the wrong way. People who are born here typically act different. It doesn't matter what your culture or ancestry is, most Americans tend to act like Americans. Almost everyone born here do not speak the language of their parents, if their parents are foreign-born. Even if they do, by the second generation, it is all lost. I am speaking from experience. It is easy to preserve religion, but culture tends to die in America, and everyone is merged into the dominant culture.

A true Nigerian is one who is raised in Nigeria. That may sound harsh, but if you weren't raised or lived for a long time in Nigeria, you cannot understand the culture.

As for Sagan, even though his parents were Jewish, we don't know much about his faith. Most American Jews are non-practicing Jews. What is the point of calling myself a Nigerian if I cannot speak any Nigerian language; if I don't prostrate when I see my parents or elder ones; if the fear of God does not enter me when my father calls my name or when my mother calls my full name; if I don't eat any Nigerian food etc. There are tons of children born to Nigerian parents in USA and they are Nigerians in name only. I intend to marry a Nigerian woman and have my children sent to Nigeria for secondary education. My culture will not die here.

Good good. Am driving at a point which you have helped to ascertain. Lifestyle is not ancestry.

Carl Sagan said according to wiki that he is a jew. Believe got nothing to do here because most jew are atheist from what I know.

Cock don dey crow. Ma close my eye for some min abeg. Night man
Re: Atheists are zombies by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:51am On Dec 20, 2013
That guy is a half-wit. Lacks comprehension skills and consistently departs from the line of argument to trivialities and tediously goes on long-winded bizzare rants. You simply can't be bothered with some people. It's like looking to engage a mad man on the street in an argument. Absolutely clueless and lacks the self-awareness to see how clueless he is. grin

Suddenly, a caucasian man that was born, raised and educated in the West, with part Jewish heritage whose father is one among a long line of several generations of jewish families that have lived in Europe for centuries and millenia since most moved from their Palestinian homeland ages ago is not a Westerner? Can you beat the bizzare reasoning?
James Watson loses his job at his elite research lab, gets investigated by scientific organizations for his statements, sees his book tours cancelled and all universities cancelled the lectures he had with them on a planned lecture tour. Yet, it's not enough proof that Watson's claims were rejected. I guess those labs and those universities don't have his peers. I guess his public persecution that saw him rendered irrelevant has nothing to do with the fact his studies were rejected. Truly amusing fellow. Keep on burying your head in the sand with your weak, embarrassing arguments.

I think I'm done with the thread. I lack the stamina to engage people impervious to reason.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists are zombies by thehomer: 5:34am On Dec 20, 2013
macof:

Lol cheesy they asked the Moon to know that abi?

And with this, you reveal your ignorance of modern science.
Re: Atheists are zombies by thehomer: 5:35am On Dec 20, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

so Yoruba people do not know odo Oya? This guy with colonial mentality. Chai

Giving a river a name doesn't mean you know its origin or its destination.
Re: Atheists are zombies by thehomer: 6:01am On Dec 20, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Air Conditioning Unit by Frederick M. Jones July 12, 1949 history told us that he has patent in the invention of refrigerator.

Stethoscope Imhotep Ancient Egypt
(circa 2980 B.C.)

Elevator by Alexander Miles October 11, 1867

Lewis Howard Latimer (1843-1928) A pioneer in the development of the electric light bulb

Rotary Electric Motor Frederick M. Jones June 27, 1939

Typewriter Burridge & Marshman April 7, 1885....... These people are Africans and slave descendant. Even if the eurocentric mentality the western world have programmed you.....you can never know.

You've listed a couple of black inventors. Kudos to them for their work. But so far, you've not made your point. How has history now been distorted? The fact that I don't know some inventors doesn't mean history has been distorted. Besides, those inventions were improvement on things that already existed like the elevator, refrigeration etc.

Secondly, why is it the case that these inventors didn't make their inventions in sub-Saharan Africa?

FOLYKAZE:
The Dogon of Mali have complex and detailed knowledge of the Sirius star system. Detailed illustrations of the solar system were found in cave around egypt...this painting dating 5000 yrs before the european came.

Yeah. Did the illustration tell you that Saturn had rings?

FOLYKAZE:
Steel making among the Haya of Tanzania....Research done by Peter Schmidt and Donald Avery discovered that, ‘ 2,000 years ago Africans living on the western shore of Lake Victoria had produced carbon steel in pre-heated forced-draft furnaces, a method that was technologically more sophisticated that any developed in Europe until the mid-nineteenth century.

And what is your conclusion? Secondly, why is it that it was two people with white sounding names that made this "discovery"? Is it really a discovery according to you?

FOLYKAZE:
Ancient Egyptian system of mathematics, probably the most advanced system of mathematics in the world for their time.....Further, the trading nature of Africans required the existence of a numbering system. Evidence of the use of a numbering system in Africa was found on a bone 8000 yrs. old. The Yorubas have a mathematical system which would baffle most mathematicians. This is a system for computation and is very unique because it involves addition, subtraction and multiplication to express one number. It especially relies on subtraction to a very high degree.

This needs some evidence to back it up. The evidence I've seen tells me that those Greeks were pretty good in mathematics and philosophy too.

FOLYKAZE:
The western historian wouldn't tell you that African navigate the world to far reaching china and the so called America....In navigation, Africans built many sophisticated vessels for traveling the Nile and Niger river. These vessels were used to carry out trade between the several empires: between the west coast and Lake Chad, between Mali and the Songhay empires, between Jenné and Timbuktu. The Chinese recorded Africans coming to the Court of China with elephants in such vessels in the thirteenth century. There is evidence that African navigational ingenuity brought them to the Americas before Columbus.

Evidence is what you need to support your claims here not just stories told around a camp fire.

FOLYKAZE:
There were other African feats in agricultural science, writing systems, and of course, medical science. The Egyptian Imhotep is the first known medical doctor. African plant medicine involved a complex body of knowledge related to the diagnosis of diseases, anesthetics, antiseptics, and vaccination. African doctors were also well-versed in surgical procedures and techniques. The Bantu used the bark of a plant Salix Capensis to treat musculoskeletal pains. This family of plants yielded salicylic acid the active ingredient in aspirin. In Mali, an effective cure for diarrhea used kaolin, the active ingredient in Kaopectate. African doctors also pioneered the use of herbal treatments in the treatment of psychosis. Many of the herbs used contained tranquilizers. African medical practice have always emphasized holism as a philosophy. Western medicine only now attempting to adopt this philosophy.

Why did their development stop? African medical practice also has a huge component of superstition.

FOLYKAZE:
More than 1000 inventions were carried on by Africans in the caribbean.....the US law didn't approved this inventions because they weren't recognised as works of human....so they give patent to some and others were covered us in history.

Pick up a book and read. Adams, Van Sertima, Ivan (ed). Blacks in Science: Ancient and Modern......they have distorted your history. You are a colonial boy who have lost your identity and probably forget everything about your ancestry. Don’t get it twisted, most Africans on the continent don’t know much about African history. All they know is the twisted Eurocentric version. School in Africa is still Eurocentered. Our History had been “colonized”, twisted, and re-written. Wake up man.

So far, you've provided some useful information and lots of mere assertions. Calling me names like "colonial boy" and declaring that I've lost my identity still doesn't mean that what you've said is correct. You need to actually show that it is correct with some evidence to back you up. Have you asked yourself why Africans don't know much about African history? Rather than blame the Europeans who actually took the time to study the region, why don't you pick up a pen and gather an expedition to look into these things? You're not a "colonial boy" so what has stopped you for so long?
Re: Atheists are zombies by thehomer: 6:27am On Dec 20, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Dont take us as fool pls. You cannot speculate something and thing we will eat it. Back your point with fact. Where is the video or article link that the colleague of Dr James renounce his claim?

Here's one article out of many. I didn't say he renounced his claim, I said he isn't a professional psychologist and actual psychologists don't share his opinion.

FOLYKAZE:
Folykaze wont fall to the game play on ignoramus. You can quote that to hide your masters.

The project was based on IQ testing and DNA testing. Is there no universal IQ and DNA test again which have to be differentiated among race and ethnic? Guy stop playing on my intelligence.

Actually, there is no universal IQ test, that is what the article shows and that is what psychologists will tell you.

FOLYKAZE:
IQ and DNA testing is a universal stuff. You cant bend that.

Actually, IQ tests aren't universal. There are different IQ tests out there.

FOLYKAZE:
Also I read what is in the link....there is nothing like public renouncing there.

What public renouncing are you talking about?

FOLYKAZE:
Just like christian would ask me to read bible. For mess sake why do we always dance to tune that If you want to hide something for an African, put it in a book?

You accepted this thing and should be able to defend it. Refering me to a book is not making sense.

MR MAN......I ASKED FOR CONTENT NOT LINK.

So you're implicitly accepting that directing you to a book means that I'm hiding something from you? Talk about stereotyping. The content is at the link. I read links you posted so why do you find it difficult to read links I posted? Just read it.

FOLYKAZE:
Another lazy no reply. Evolution insulted your ancestors. They were called Ape....they even said your people have low intelligence likely related to that of animal.

The theory of evolution is just a fact. Just as the theory of general relativity is a fact. It doesn't insult anyone. You're the one drawing confused conclusions. All humans are apes. Low intelligence isn't a part of the theory of evolution. If you had read the link, it would have reduced your confusion.

FOLYKAZE:
Christian : Accept Jesus

Thehomer : why would I.

Christian : He died for your sin

Thehomer : evidence pls

Christian : read the bible.

Is bible an evidence for a reality? Mr man....if you cant provide any evidence just know that you are nothing different from christians.

And stop refering me to a link.....put the content here and lets reveal it. Giving me link is like christian quoting bible to back their point.

Scientific theories are very different from old myths gathered in a book so your comparison fails.

FOLYKAZE:
Meaning we evolved from Ape?

Meaning we are apes.

FOLYKAZE:
Ape have two chromosomes more than we do. The two chromosomes is not the issue here but the information embedded in these chromosomes.

It is plain from the info on this chromosomes that we are different.

No, apes have a range of numbers of chromosomes. I hope you know that there are some humans that have more than 46 chromosomes.

FOLYKAZE:
Stop kidding me. What have you said that s factual? The link or what?

Everything I've said so far. If you think anything I've said isn't factual, then show me the one that isn't.
Re: Atheists are zombies by thehomer: 6:30am On Dec 20, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Are we bacteria? Every complex organism evolved from a bacteria. Why cant we call humans bacteria?

No we're not bacteria. No, they share common ancestry with bacteria. If it would make you happy, go ahead.

FOLYKAZE:
Why are there still Apes today?

We shared common ancestor. Who is this common ancestor?

Because apes didn't go extinct. Where exactly is your question going?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abuja Pastor, Apostle Joshua Talena Kissing Wife During A Church Program / Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? / If Nigerian Churches Were Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.