Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,907 members, 7,956,415 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:33 AM

The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches (53814 Views)

Nigerian Churches, Others Causing Increased Witchcraft Persecution In UK – Group / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches / Why The 'Daddy' Craze In Our Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by tpia5: 1:56am On Dec 23, 2013
if you have a demon name, please direct your responses to the op and dont reply me, thanks.

1 Like

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by tpia5: 1:57am On Dec 23, 2013
f rain c:

must we even go to pastor befor we do things?

please shut your stinking trap and give your advice to your psycho friend who started the thread.

1 Like

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by amazing2013: 2:06am On Dec 23, 2013
Look at this! Its Kemi joor!! Poor woman... cry
tpia@:

the op is controlled by demons.

3 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by tpia5: 2:08am On Dec 23, 2013
sorry for your capital fail, try better next time.

is kemi olunloyo not a human being, or are you better than her?

at least she's not an anonymous coward like you, not so?

if she has something to say, she doesnt hide behind a moniker to say it, hoping nobody can trace her.

so, i think she has more balls than you, you should cover your face in shame.

3 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by tpia5: 2:08am On Dec 23, 2013
amazing2013: Has it occurred to anyone that tpia@ might be Kemi Olunloyo?
1. tpia@ has several monikers to support her posts-just like Kemi does
2. tpia@ is filled with bitterness, hatred, venom, malice and negativity, just like Kemi is
3. tpia@ sees a war even in non-controversial topics; just like Kemi does
4. tpia@ thrives on notoriety; just as Kemi does
5. tpia@'s posts makes you question her mental health; just as Kemi's does
6. Kemi Olunloyo will most likely be on nairaland. Which personality matches hers the most?
7. tpia@ is first to comment very frequently, who besides Kemi Olunloyo will bookmark nairaland front page so they can be first to comment? Kemi is a full time "journalist".
8. tpia@ has the guts to create and respond to threads on both the Christianity and Islam sections. Something Kemi is quite open to doing

NOTE;
Mental health in Nigeria needs to be taken more seriously.

read my last post dear, you are embarrassing yourself here.

you registered this moniker dec 14 2013, can you be any more cowardly?

and you expect sane minds to engage you in discussion, abi, so you can pretend you're not psychotic.

good luck with that!

2 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by birdman(m): 2:12am On Dec 23, 2013
must be that time of the month undecided

3 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:12am On Dec 23, 2013
fijiano202: madam thats kinda harsh,she was just pouring out her heart,you dont have to give that kinda advice or are u jealous she went with her fiancee? God will provide ur own soon

Have you ever dealt with an angry black woman ?
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by amazing2013: 2:12am On Dec 23, 2013
Even if you are not Kemi, you are not different from her. What you have coming your way will certainly catch up with you at this rate...very soon too.
tpia@:

read my last post dear, you are embarrassing yourself here.

you registered this moniker dec 14 2013, can you be any more cowardly?

and you expect sane minds to engage you in discussion, abi, so you can pretend you're not psychotic.

good luck with that!

5 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by amazing2013: 2:13am On Dec 23, 2013
LOL! Truly... grin
birdman: must be that time of the month undecided

3 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by tpia5: 2:14am On Dec 23, 2013
birdman: must be that time of the month undecided

for you, your mama and grandmama.

3 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by floflo12: 2:14am On Dec 23, 2013
daddy for hin pikin for house,nonsense

1 Like

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by tpia5: 2:16am On Dec 23, 2013
amazing2013: Even if I am not Kemi, I am not different from her. What I have coming your way will certainly catch up with me at this rate...very soon too.

madam, whatever is coming to you you will surely get, leave other people matter for other people, your misery is not their own and will never be, even if 10,000 of you remain miserable for ever.

geddit?

the only thing you can do in your frustrated life is to sit down, weep and moan over other people's progress, and there's nothing wrong with that as long as they keep progressing.

you just keep moaning till you quench.

bad belle!

3 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 2:18am On Dec 23, 2013
I will unapologetically call anyone by his title and if he does not like it, well, he can go screw himself. If you are a pastor, you will be addressed as pastor, just the same way a Reverend father is addressed as Reverend or a Professor is addressed as Prof or a Mr before his name. Why on earth should I call a random person something as personal as "daddy" because he wants to be addressed in that manner? I'll not go out of my way to call anybody daddy or mommy because he or she is 70 years older than I am, I ain't about that life. If you want to be called something other than your job title, you have to earn my respect. OP, your pastor's wife should take several seats.

3 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by amazing2013: 2:19am On Dec 23, 2013
Lol, get help o. You can go privately. No insult intended so that the thing will not escalate and embarrass you...
tpia@:

madam, whatever is coming to you you will surely get, leave other people matter for other people, your misery is not their own and will never be, even if 10,000 of you remain miserable for ever.

geddit?

the only thing you can do in your frustrated life is to sit down, weep and moan over other people's progress, and there's nothing wrong with that as long as they keep progressing.

you just keep moaning till you quench.

bad belle!

6 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by tpia5: 2:21am On Dec 23, 2013
^ madam, get a life and stop disgracing yourself on another person's site.

you are to be pitied if all you can count as achievement is being miserable when you see other people who are not in your league.

3 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by ncpat(m): 3:03am On Dec 23, 2013
Last time I checked,a pastor is usually an ordained leader of a Christian congregation and Daddy is a childish word or nickname for a Father and I believe we all know who is a father, below is the definition of a father.

A father (or dad) is a male parent who has raised a child, supplied the sperm through sexual intercourse or sperm donation which grew into a child, and/or donated a body cell which resulted in a clone. The adjective "paternal" refers to a father and comparatively to "maternal" for a mother. The verb "to father" means to procreate or to sire a child from which also derives the noun "fathering". Fathers determine the sex of their child through a sperm cell which either contains an X chromosome (female), or Y chromosome (male).......... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father)

So in my opinion any pastor that demands my child to call him daddy I will sue that pastor in court of law and if I start hearing any of my child call a pastor daddy, that child will choose me and the pastor who is going to be his/her father and if he/she chooses the pastor I will send my bills to the pastor because you cannot reap where you did not sow.

3 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by birdman(m): 3:14am On Dec 23, 2013
tpia@:

for you, your mama and grandmama.

Guilty conscience. Who named you? You are supposedly defending pastors and yet cussing everyone out like the devil. You no get shame?
Thanks for making my point for me.

Better quit posting for a while and cast out the demon of anger that has enveloped you

10 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by tpia5: 3:17am On Dec 23, 2013
birdman:

Guilty conscience. Who named you? You are supposedly defending pastors and yet cussing everyone out like the devil. You no get shame?
Thanks for making my point for me.

Better quit posting for a while and cast out the demon of anger that has enveloped you

if you had shame, you would not be posting crap in defense of people who are clearly mentally unstable.

let me guess, una be paddy in that department.

carry matter for head like woman, embarassing.

probably hanging around to engage in back and forth like a jobless loon.

as per anger, talk to yourself bro, you, the op, your friends and all your demons cannot do a thing, if you like assemble 10,000 devils, na your head go carry them.

2 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by birdman(m): 3:22am On Dec 23, 2013
^Is your present behavior christ like? Before you start preaching down other people, deal with the demon that is obviously at work in you right now. Dont let pride get in the way of your deliverance. Step away from the keyboard and go pray

I see this all the time. Christians who can pray a storm, confess verses for hours, but will not take care of the obvious personal stuff. Guys, you are deceiving yourselves

10 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by mrvictor: 3:26am On Dec 23, 2013
specialguest: As I type this right now I am literally boiling with Anger. Imagine! I and my partner went to see the pastor today regarding our marriage plans and we met his absence. I decided to check the church office and behold I met his wife. The following conversation ensued between us

Me- Goodafternoon ma

Pastor's wife- Goodafternoon

Me- Ma, please is pastor around? He asked me and my fiance to see him today

Pastor's wife- which pastor?

Me- pastor abcd(i mentioned his name)

Pastor's wife- turned back stirred at me and shook her head then she said " I would have thought you were referring to someone else, how can you call my husband pastor abcd(his name) this is highly disrespectful. Bla Bla Bla Bla she went on and on about her displeasure.

Me- I am sorry ma, I summoned my fiance and we left.

Is it wrong for one to refer to his pastor as pastor abcd(his name) For christ sakes where in the bible was it written that we need to address our pastors as mummy and daddy?

By the way, the man in question would not have minded if I addressed him as pastor abcd o but his wife tongue lashed me even in his absence never to call him that again except daddy.

Must everything be posted on nairaland?
This is really a personal issue and a very trivial one for that matter. Nairaland carry u enter the church or are we your church members? If you have an issue with your church sort it out over there with them or change your church(there are thousands of other churches on the streets) and stop rubbishing them on Nairaland. That is not right! Though, I am not a fan of "daddynization" or "mummynization" of priests, anyway.
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by tpia5: 3:26am On Dec 23, 2013
@ birdwitchwoman

lol, you are now preaching, how pathetic.

yes, my present behavior is Christ like because Christ himself has some fury waiting for those who constantly attack his work and likewise for those who persecute his servants.

you will definitely share in their punishment since you want to share in their perversion.

if you think every christian is peace loving and will bend over backwards while f.ools and devils try to take swipes at them, then you better think again, bozo!

this is a war you will ALWAYS lose! Guaranteed!

and yes, you will whine more than this, you never started yet!

1 Like

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by birdman(m): 3:29am On Dec 23, 2013
tpia@:
lol, see who is preaching.

yes, my present behavior is Christ like because Christ himself has some fury waiting for those who constantly attack his work and likewise for those who persecute his servants.

you will definitely share in their punishment since you want to share in their perversion.

you just went to one of my threads for what i guess is a "revenge" attack? Is this Jesus in you? Or just you? I have told you already - step away from your keyboard and go pray for a bit, and stop all the religious garbage you are spewing. Your actions do not match your words.

https://www.nairaland.com/1242837/oam4j-man

10 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by tpia5: 3:36am On Dec 23, 2013
like i said, remain miserable.

enjoy your misery, if thats what makes you feel good!
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by tpia5: 3:36am On Dec 23, 2013
tpia@:
@ birdwitchwoman

lol, you are now preaching, how pathetic.

if you think every christian is peace loving and will bend over backwards while f.ools and devils try to take swipes at them, then you better think again, bozo!

this is a war you will ALWAYS lose! Guaranteed!

and yes, you will whine more than this, you never started yet!
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by birdman(m): 3:52am On Dec 23, 2013
^hahaha. now you are quoting your own post? see failure grin

5 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by carzola(m): 4:46am On Dec 23, 2013
specialguest:

Thsseeeeeew! Look who is talking? Stop stalking me I don't relate well with spam bots.

I wonder who allows this woman troll everywhere with her useless rants.

Market woman must you always find faults in people"s threads? Or you think you own a big fat dirty mouth that can churn out dozens of abuse per second. I don't want you pissing on my threads anymore go find your play mates else where.

I pray for the Grace not to respond to your crap anymore.
all the 74 people that "liked" this post come out and kneel down..

1 Like

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by nickz(m): 5:35am On Dec 23, 2013
Snoggy: Most people in my church are hypocrites. They go around calling pastors Daddy, Mummy, yet they are utterly disrespectful to their own biological parents. Who are they fooling? grin

Hypocrites! God is interested in what's within.

You see fellowship presidents in tertiary institutions being referred to as Papa! ...and their fellow students would rush to hold their Bibles.
LMAO!

shocked cool you deserve an award for your first paragraph
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by chiswaggs: 5:51am On Dec 23, 2013
I find it hard to believe this story. If it was actually your pastor, you'll not ask his wife "is pastor abcd at home?" you'll simply ask "please is pastor at home?"

1 Like

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by MistadeRegal(m): 6:06am On Dec 23, 2013
Adeoba10: Nxt time, jux say ''Is daddy wa around?''
Is he her father?
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by biomedixexcel(m): 6:14am On Dec 23, 2013
@OP I want to tell you that you should ask for forgiveness for coming to public to raise the issue. This is your pastor for God's sake! The woman has said her own and I know she won't harbour any grudges after she had poured out her heart. If you had been in that woman's shoes, u would have done more than that. Going public showed how humbled you are A pastor is not just ordinary person no matter how small he is, you need to honour him in every ramifications. You probably showed how far you're on fellowship with Christ. You are probably seeing the pastor cos of what you want. People older than you in the church might have been calling her daddy but the woman recognised the arrogant in you or quickly find out you behaved like a stranger. YOU ARE A WIFE TO BE AND MY ADVICE FOR YOU IS TO BE HUMBLE SO THAT THIS WILL NOT HAUNT YOU WHEN YOU RELATE WITH YOUR IN-LAWS!
Peace
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by ifeanyi83(m): 6:19am On Dec 23, 2013
...and this piece of poo made front page..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The 7 Mountains; (this Will Change Your Life Forever) / Is It True That Witches Use Trees As Their Covens? / Witches And What They Do.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.