Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi (53863 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Visits Ooni Ogunwusi (Photo) / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by ptochukwu24: 8:44pm On Dec 23, 2013
I disagree with Pst. Kumuyi, the bible said God created the world and all that is it; meaning that god cannot be born everyday is owned by God and cannot be ascribed to any other gods. Concerning the birth of Jesus Christ, the Bible said the WORD was made flesh and dwelt among us and we beheld his glory (John 1:14). In God was all things formed both living and non-living, in him is life and the essence of Christmas is to tell the world believer and unbelievers that Jesus Christ came in flesh remember the book (1 john4:1-3) that anyone that deny that Christ came in flesh is an ANTICHRIST. The date don't matter in as God has no beginning and ending, all things started and consist in him, the message is CHRIST JESUS came on this earth, stayed with people, suffered what other people suffered, rejoiced with those people rejoicing, he was also celebrated before his crucification and resurrection. If all christians like you kill the message of his birth that means the significance of Christ will drastically reduce, then we will indirectly help the antichrist to propagate their ungodily message. The Bible said go into th world and preach the gospel, we are the labourers that are to pass the message. Most of us grew up to know and appreciate the redemptive work through christmas and with time came to the understanding of the truth, if the christmas was suppressed, will you and me have the impact? You don't celebrate Christ birth but celebrate his death and resurrection is it not a disjointed or half baked message, is it not when one was born and died that the aim is complete? Ministers of the gospel that made impact on the world they were born made impact before God called them home? Jesus Christ came in the world and the day, date, time and year don't matter, what matters was the message which was coming to redeem the lost sheep which I was one of them and by HIS GRACE I'm saved purchased with his spotless blood. I wish you merry christmas. Bro. Paul

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by donodion(m): 8:47pm On Dec 23, 2013
ptochukwu24: I disagree with Pst. Kumuyi, the bible said God created the world and all that is it; meaning that I god cannot be borm everyday is owned by God and cannot be ascribed to any other gods. Concerning the birth of Jesus Christ, the Bible said the WORD was made flesh and dwelt among us and we beheld his glory (John 1:14). In God was all things formed both living and non-living, in him is life and the essence of Christmas is to tell the world believer and unbelievers that Jesus Christ came in flesh remember the book (1 john4:1-3) that anyone that deny that Christ came in flesh is an ANTICHRIST. The date don't matter in as God has no beginning and ending, all things started and consist in him, the message is CHRIST JESUS came on this earth, stayed with people, suffered what other people suffered, rejoiced with those people rejoicing, he was also celebrated before his crucification and resurrection. If all christians like you kill the message of his birth that means the significance of Christ will drastically reduce, then we will indirectly help the antichrist to propagate their ungodily message. The Bible said go into th world and preach the gospel, we are the labourers that are to pass the message. Most of us grew up to know and appreciate the redemptive work through christmas and with time came to the understanding of the truth, if the christmas was suppressed, will you and me have the impact? You don't celebrate Christ birth but celebrate his death and resurrection is it not a disjointed or half baked message, is it not when one was born and died that the aim is complete? Ministers of the gospel that made impact on the world they were born made impact before God called them home? Jesus Christ came in the world and the day, date, time and year don't matter, what matters was the message which was coming to redeem the lost sheep which I was one of them and by HIS GRACE I'm saved purchased with his spotless blood. I wish you merry christmas. Bro. Paul
Personally i wont even deliberate much on response...this dude here said it in his response

"Paulo Lumi • 16 hours ago −
please people ignore Kumuyi, do any of you remember the 3 wise men from the east who came to celebrate the birth of Christ in the bible and what they brought as gifts? Also how King Herods reacted to the news that a new King has been born? Even after King Herods told the wise men not to visit the New King Jesus Christ; still they went behind him (King Herods) to visit the New King and they knelt down and worshipped him. Sometimes I wonder if some of these pastors has become taliban christians or are they trying to woo more vulnerable customers to their various churches and preaching? Pastors should focus in tackling bad governance in Nigeria and stop misleading some christians with their preaching."

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by jhidey08(m): 8:47pm On Dec 23, 2013
Demain_man:

What has prophet noah got to do with anything? His prophet noah a nigerian? is he Kumuyi? Let his children obey his doctrine first!
I don't av anything 2 drag with u.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 23, 2013
Juvante: Hate the man or leave it. How many of you watched the Akwa Ibom Carol Night last year? What did the compere of the night say about his presence there? Find out first before commenting blindly. Secondly , you say he can't control his children, tell me how well did God Almighty control the tribes of Israel in the Bible. Does that mean God is a bad father? Maybe you have not heard about free will to choose. Thirdly, tell me how many church leaders have the courage to gather their congregation world wide for over 39 years without missing a year, on Xmas day to listen to Scriptural teachings!
I was there yesterday and I can tell you that he is being quoted out of context ! A few phrases and you think you got the whole picture! As for him preaching against the television , I have never heard him say that he will never preach on the television! Ask the older ones and they will confirm that in the 80s, he was preaching on television!
The pastor of the largest Pentecostal church in Ukraine during their 17th anniversary,Pastor Sunday of Embassy of God, Kiev, said emphatically that he got converted through his tv preachings, and called him his spiritual father. It is all there on YouTube . So quit your moanings and listen to one of the best mathematicians that ever emerged from Africa, a First Class mind who abandoned his lecturing job for the gospel!

ORIGINALLY YOU DARE NOT FIND TV IN THE HOUSE OF ANY DEEPER LIFE MEMBER BUT KUMUYI HAS CONVERTED THE IDOL(TV) FOR THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST..HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA
SO YOU ALL ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO THE IDOLATORY CLUB
HE EVEN WORSHIPS ON SUNDAYS(NAMED AFTER SUN GOD) HAHAHAHAHHA AND HE SAID WE SHOULD AVOID ANYTHING THAT IS NOT IN ACTS OF THE APOSTLES

I MAINTAIN HE'S JUST SEEKING ATTENTION. THIS THREAD IS VERY FUNNY INDEED
THE FACT THAT HE WAS BUSTED AT THAT WEDDING IS REALLY GETTING ON HIM.

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by abohrandy: 8:52pm On Dec 23, 2013
Kai!!! See peeps weh want go heaven! Wuna suppose come see as alcohol and chicken di go down here! Wetin concern us? If dem like dem born jesus for 29 or 30 Feb sef, we go dey jolluy dey go!

But why some pipo like stress so sef? I just taya
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by tkpoint2(m): 8:58pm On Dec 23, 2013
Even, what abt MOONday
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by maclatunji: 9:02pm On Dec 23, 2013
"Mary's born child Jesus Christ was born on christmas day" is actually false. You guys sing it, teach your kids. Why perpetuate falsehood?

God has already saved Jesus (AS) from this and other falsehoods. Otherwise, you folks could have put the man in a lot of trouble.

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Dlee1(m): 9:14pm On Dec 23, 2013
Christmas season is the season when people commit adultry, furnication to the highest level. It is the time when people kills just to get rich. It is also the season when a lot of atrocity is committed just to celebrate Jesus. This is incredible.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 23, 2013
True talk. Its high time christians know d truth
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by DonaldGenes(m): 9:15pm On Dec 23, 2013
slimthugchimee: I have 5 things to say to this post
1:dont make me waist 5 mins of my life reading this
2:this is why i support abortion
3:how does that consign us
4:am sure u be hausa
5:how did u know

Wtf! You mean "waist"
- Are you a College of Education product right?

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 23, 2013
maclatunji: "Mary's born child Jesus Christ was born on christmas day" is actually false. You guys sing it, teach your kids. Why perpetuate falsehood?

God has already saved Jesus (AS) from this and other falsehoods. Otherwise, you folks could have put the man in a lot of trouble.

Even non christian must argue about Jesus stuff.hahahahaha
Everybody must comment.chai

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
maclatunji: "Mary's born child Jesus Christ was born on christmas day" is actually false. You guys sing it, teach your kids. Why perpetuate falsehood?

well said bro
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 23, 2013
D.lee:
Christmas season is the season when people commit adultry, furnication to the highest level. It is the time when people kills just to get rich. It is also the season when a lot of atrocity is committed just to celebrate Jesus. This is incredible.

Why dont you work on your grammar first before commenting about christmas.
Last time I checked, people do all kinds of things all year round.
Now you want to blame christmass abi?

I wonder why you're on email, facebook and nairaland. People mostly scam others using these networks

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by blissonlin(m): 9:21pm On Dec 23, 2013
Will u also crufy Pastor Kumuyi for telling you the truth? Wat he is saying is right dat xmas is idolatory and unscriptural. so far 99% of christians 2day belief dat nobody knws d birthday of Jesus Christ and Christ Himself did not comand u to do so, y then do you like to do wat He comands u not? These are wat d LORD comand us to do:go to d world and preach d word Mt 28:16-18, Lord's Super see Mt 26.26-28, Lk 22.17-19 and given 1cor 16.1-2. He order us to do these specific things. As a christians, we shld knw wat is wright from wrong. Moreso, d true believer dnt always greet themselves hapi Sunday but Hapi Lord'sday, it also known as first day of d week. Pls i imploy everybody to c dis topic as a challenge and work on it and dnt see d pastor as a Sadist, he is telling u d truth take it or leave it d truth will surely rule d world. May be wit us and increase our faith.

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 23, 2013
mr matt: .... Whatsever that is accepted on earth is accepted in heaven.
hmmm, who told you that one.pure fallacy

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by blissonlin(m): 9:25pm On Dec 23, 2013
Will u also crufy Pastor Kumuyi for telling you the truth? Wat he is saying is right dat xmas is idolatory and unscriptural. so far 99% of christians 2day belief dat nobody knws d birthday of Jesus Christ and Christ Himself did not comand u to do so, y then do you like to do wat He comands u not? These are wat d LORD comand us to do:go to d world and preach d word Mt 28:16-18, Lord's Super see Mt 26.26-28, Lk 22.17-19 and given 1cor 16.1-2. He order us to do these specific things. As a christians, we shld knw wat is wright from wrong. Moreso, d true believer dnt always greet themselves hapi Sunday but Hapi Lord'sday, it also known as first day of d week. Pls i imploy everybody to c dis topic as a challenge and work on it and dnt see d pastor as a Sadist, he is telling u d truth take it or leave it d truth will surely rule d world. May God be wit us and increase our faith.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 23, 2013
blissonlin: Will u also crufy Pastor Kumuyi for telling you the truth? Wat he is saying is right dat xmas is idolatory and unscriptural. so far 99% of christians 2day belief dat nobody knws d birthday of Jesus Christ and Christ Himself did not comand u to do so, y then do you like to do wat He comands u not? These are wat d LORD comand us to do:go to d world and preach d word Mt 28:16-18, Lord's Super see Mt 26.26-28, Lk 22.17-19 and given 1cor 16.1-2. He order us to do these specific things. As a christians, we shld knw wat is wright from wrong. Moreso, d true believer dnt always greet themselves hapi Sunday but Hapi Lord'sday, it also known as first day of d week. Pls i imploy everybody to c dis topic as a challenge and work on it and dnt see d pastor as a Sadist, he is telling u d truth take it or leave it d truth will surely rule d world. May be wit us and increase our faith.

BUT YOU STILL HAVENT SHOWN US IN THE BIBLE WHERE SUNDAY WORSHIP IS SCRIPTURAL.
UNTIL THEN, WELCOME TO THE CLUB OF IDOLATERS.. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Dlee1(m): 9:33pm On Dec 23, 2013
Kamsy10:

Why dont you work on your grammar first before commenting about christmas.
Last time I checked, people do all kinds of things all year round.
Now you want to blame christmass abi?

I wonder you're on email, facebook and nairaland. People mostly scam others using these networks
Believe it or not, that remains the truth.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by babawalexy(m): 9:54pm On Dec 23, 2013
nawa ooo..Naija with spiritual matters......read here for the catholic response to pastor kumuyi http://babawalexy..com/2013/12/celebrating-christmas-is-biblical.html

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by princeayz(m): 9:55pm On Dec 23, 2013
Don't push the head at the speed of pain guys! Its hard to believe not to talk of acceptin it but its d fact! Every1 has right to his opinion if u don't welcome his view and idea abt xmas fine! Believe me the bible is complete! Not insulting and abusing! Christ never ask any1 2 defend him! So be careful wit ur use of words! Celebrate christ which ever way u want but don't miss heaven because it wil b a total waste your life time! (Peace)

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by daveson07: 9:57pm On Dec 23, 2013
bebe2: I dnt know about it being idolatry but I dnt believe D date of jesus's birth is right. December 25th is a winter festival as its the darkest day of the year.
O.M.G,so sum1 is stil senles as dis,darkest day of d year my fuckin ass
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by lomprico(m): 10:00pm On Dec 23, 2013
Kamsy10:

Doesn't this sound contradictory?. If Christ is to be celebrated everyday. Is December 25 not inclusive?
I even noticed Kumuyi is on facebook. omg has anyone told him that the founder of facebook is not even a Christian.
I also thought TV is not in the bible but it looks like he was on TV too. Facebook, TV's etc are not in the bible o but him and his members are using them. So he not only allows his members use them,but he too? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Well I guess he's just seeking attention Because since after he was caught on camera smiling from cheek to cheek at his son's wedding when the wife was dressed in everything he preaches against(more like a wedding made in hell fire), I concluded he probably agrees that nothing is wrong with some of those things he condemns. It's always the members that will carry everything he says on their head.
I wont be surprised if him and his children are caught on camera again rocking Christmas celebration(afterall his sermon suggests that Christmas should be celebrated everyday not only December 25th)

I also hope he doesn't hold church services on Sundays until he shows where sunday was mentioned in the bible and since when sunday worship became scriptural cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
He even travels by flight while Jesus travelled with donkey.smh.
Exactly My thought!

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 23, 2013
D.lee:
Believe it or not, that remains the truth.

You still havent shown me in the bible where sunday worship is scriptural.
So until then, welcome to the club of idolaters.. cheesy

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by chezholy(m): 10:05pm On Dec 23, 2013
....abeg who be this Kumuyi guy, is he the anti-Christ?
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by aywhy93(m): 10:07pm On Dec 23, 2013
xynerise: Jesus wasnt born in March. He was born in October

Besides, we are celebrating Jesus not Idol

When did Jesus instructed you to celebrate him with christmas ? and What proof do you have that Jesus was born in October ? No One Knows when exactly he was born.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by oraclefemi(m): 10:08pm On Dec 23, 2013
So I shouldn't dress , eat rice and chicken ? But pack my family to your camp abi ?

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by ustazi: 10:14pm On Dec 23, 2013
ITS X-MAS TIME AGAIN
So many Muslims are celebriting christmas every year. Without knowing
what is the truth behind this. See the hidden facts.
1) HAZRAT ISA alayhi salam (Jesus) was never born on DEC 25. Quran
indicates around April May june time.
2) 13 pagan gods goddess were born on Dec 25th.
3) The most famous tree. Rman pagan always worshiped plant & trees.
Pagan believe is trees and plants, are symbols of fertility.
4)Who is SANTA CLAUS? Rearrange the words see what u get.
Santa = SATAN
Claus = LUCAS
(Lucifer the devil)
Lucas is a code name for high devil LUCIFER (u shud now that)
(Its called anagraming. A jewish invention).
5) Santa wears RED, red symbolizes FIRE. The pagan god THOR would
come down chimneys with red clothes.
6) Meaning of CHRISTMAS: They are 2different words CHRIST -- MAS
CHRIST means the anointed one its a greek word. MAS stands for death
sacrifice, so when you say MERRY CHRITMASS its means =
MERRY DEATH OF CHRIST.
7) Happy new year. New year 1st JAN is celebrated in memory of
the two faced pagan god JANUS.
ISLAMIC YEAR BEGINS IN MUHARRAM (which was last month now we in
month called SAFR.
Allah says in the Quran: THE JEWS AND CHRISTANS WILL NEVER BE
PLEASED WITH YOU UNTIL YOU FOLLOW THEIR RELIGION (surah
Baqarah) Hadith: WHO EVER IMITATES A NATION SHALL BE FROM
THEM (abu dawood) YOU WILL FOLLOW THEM (christains n jews)
SPAN BY SPAN INCHE BY INCHE. EVEN IF THEY WERE TO ENTER A
LIZARDS HOLE (muslim) Do good needs before the dark FITNAS
appear. A person will be muslim in morning & Kafir at night or Muslim
at night & Kafir by morning, deen will be sold to gain the world.
(Muslim) Just some simple facts for us to open our eyes and save
ourselves and our families from
such things. TOMOROW IS NEVER PROMISED TO ANYONE, BUT
STANDING IN FRONT OF ALLAH ON THE DAY OF QIYAMAAT IS!!!
YOUNG PARENTS NEED TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE WITH THERE
CHILDREN.
It's our responsibility to inform others so Please spread this message to
the whole WORLD & ALL MUSLIM.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Koikoi(m): 10:15pm On Dec 23, 2013
Oga Kumuyi, I half heared you but in my mind, I'm celebrating the birth of Christ. You choose another day to celebrate his birth afterall religion should be very personal. Keep your opinion to yourself sir.

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by adamsdauptmist(m): 10:16pm On Dec 23, 2013
In every religion n society at large e.g (Xtians-CAC,Redeem,Foursquare and Muslim-Nasfat,Ansarudeen n co and Traditional-ifa,ogun n sango worshippers),we have factions n sects.Everybody chooses or not to believe what is in d bible.We have d Nigeria constitution as a guide to Nigerians bt do we all do according to what is therein.I don't think so n we call rselves patriots.If a xtian decides not to reckon with the birth n death of Jesus Christ,then he's like a Nigerian that knows the constitution n act otherwise,thereby enactin his own constitution. I wudnt want us to be sentimental n myopic to issues concerning religions.I pray God will give us a better understanding of Himself.God bless.

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by aywhy93(m): 10:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
[size=13pt]Its really such a pity How so many people cannot think straight just because of a day chicken & rice AND at most 3 days.. Gone are the days when people used to argue that Christmas is scriptural, Now.. 7/10 Knows it for real that it is not Scriptural just because Christians means Christ Followers and Jesus Christ did not tell us to celebrate his birth, the only thing he wants us to celebrate about him is his death which he made mention by himself in Luke 22:19, 20 --> Also, he took a loaf, gave thanks, broke it, and gave it to them, saying: “This means my body which is to be given in YOUR behalf. Keep doing this in remembrance of me.”
[/size]

Please tell me where in the Bible that Jesus was born on the 25th of December... If you still don't know the genuine truth about Christmas, Its better you do some lil research. www.jw.org will surely be of help.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Victorjoseph(m): 10:20pm On Dec 23, 2013
So much annoyin nd contradicting comments..i tink i rilly nid to tak a rest.....
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by zyzxx(m): 10:21pm On Dec 23, 2013
what did dat av 2 do with my faith. d bible says anything u do without faith is a sin. so my faith is dat am celebrating d birth of my saviour jesus christ on december 25

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

End Time: Isis And The "One World Ruler And Anti-christ / Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity / Pastor Christ Penelope Farts On Heads Of Worshippers To Demonstrate God's Power

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68