Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi (53869 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Visits Ooni Ogunwusi (Photo) / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:50pm On Dec 23, 2013
SELFWORTH:

.....I refuse to be drawn into a discussion with someone who is clearly not normal. Since you only believe in yourself, please enjoy the rest of the year in the doghouse.

My own thing is that you get off the thread and stop wasting your time. Your pretence is not funny but shows evidence of advanced dementia.

Who trying to be funny here?

DUDE! WAKE UP!

you are the one who is not normal here.

My people existed on this land way before your useless ideology seeped into our Nation.

We Pagans existed before you. You fellows are the abnormal ones, not US.

go get a life joor!
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Nobody: 11:58pm On Dec 23, 2013
cheesy
Soloter:

Christ resurrected on Sunday(first day of the week),
Mark 16:9 Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.

After His resurrection the apostles and disciples were gathering on the first day of the week (Sunday),
Acts 20:7/KJV And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, read to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

1Cor 16:2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

What is the origin of the name SUNday? hahahahhahaahhahahahah
Thanks
Since we're now in the era of digging history... cheesy

You're making efforts so keep coming,we're heading somewhere.
Explain the origin of SUNday before we go to the next level. Thank God you even called it SUNday
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Attiye(m): 12:02am On Dec 24, 2013
i gat asnwers to some of your questions. Ques. Why do kumuyi worship on sundays. Ans. Sunday is the only day that pple dnt go to work .infact he worships evryday ques 2. Nobody is perfect ans dear friend u are wrong matthew chapter 5 vs48 asnwers ur question the word birthday was mention twice in d bible nd u know wat happen incase u dnt know pharaoh killed his baker doing his birthday while herod killed john the baptist during his birthday. II timothy chapter 3 vs 16 says all scripture is given by inspiration of GOD, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction and for instruction in righteousness. The apostles did nt celebrate his birthday neither did jesus ask us to celebrate it.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Djsmart1: 12:10am On Dec 24, 2013
Hahaha... I believe he should have a rethink b4 he makes any of his God4saken opinion public or equally seek 4 the opinion of his counsel of Elders because this is a thrash 2 his reputation as an ''Overseer''

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by jlounge: 12:23am On Dec 24, 2013
[quote author=grayh@t][/quote]

He was addressing DL in a DL retreat wasn't he?

Sensational Journalism again. Silence on the title of the message and it's essence. No reference to context.
I don't think everyone's meant to be on the same page. People adhere to different persuasions. I presume the message preached was clear to the DL members it was meant for. Not in the perspective of journalists.
People aren't bound to a certain persuasion when there are options except by choice. Whether right or wrong, they have an opinion they are surely entitled to. Free moral agents are at liberty to choose. Amidst abundant assemblies, He addressed DL members in the context of a clear message that had it's essence. Sensational Journalism can keep seeking controversy to sell

3 Likes

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by OFAD: 12:23am On Dec 24, 2013
CHRIST MASS WHY NOT CHRIST PLUTO OR ANY OTHER PLANET....this is HARD SAYING WHO CAN HOLD IT...with god nothing can be impossible..IF U CONTINUE IN MY WORD THEM ARE YE MY DISCIPLE INDEED..QUESTION:is christ mass his word/command think abt dis
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Lawcurrent(m): 12:28am On Dec 24, 2013
Mind you, i celebrate jesus everyday. I dont know what some people are saying,

waydy na pidgin or pagan i no send but am celebrating jesus with my music these season of dry ground 'join me by clicking, like'
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by XLR8(m): 12:29am On Dec 24, 2013
CONSTANTINE WAS NO CHRISTIAN. HE WAS A LIFETIME PAGAN WHO WAS BAPTIZED AND CONVERTED ON HIS DEATH BED

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by JustCurious: 12:35am On Dec 24, 2013
It is a shame that a huge lot of 'us' on nairaland, don't know how to bridle our tongue, anymore. We allow the devil to speak through 'us' at will..causing more grief to the body of Christ. We backbite, gossip, pull down, castigate...and then go to church every sunday to ask for forgiveness? Where is the Christlike love in us? Where is the brotherly love and expression? We're always SO quick to hear, QUICK to speak...

For how long are we going to remain as baby christians...and, not cultivating the habit of knowing the Mind of the Lord, through His Holy Spirit that is expressly given to us? How long shall we be spiteful with our pull-down them down attitude..

Undoubtedly, some people would miss the rapture and second coming of christ..because of their undoing on the internet...sad words are powerful, people! Leave Pastor Kumuyi alone. Who knows, he must have said what he said based on personal convictions and leading of the Spirit. And, Who knows maybe it was after attending the Christmas Carol in Akwa State that God revealed this to him..because this was the first time ever he would explicitly talk about it in his preaching. And, I think the best we could do, is to ask questions...or seek God's face for clarity. It's not too much of a task to pray and know God's mind...

Let's not be more interested in observing HOLIDAYS than obeying His Commandments. Our obedience to Christ's command is better than sacrifice..

"Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:
But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the Lord".

Shalom smiley

6 Likes

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by dozymars(m): 12:44am On Dec 24, 2013
If Christmas day was not marked as a day to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ who will remember that he was born for the reason we all know now.

How effective can the reason for his birth be passed from Generation to Generation if not through Christmas celebration.

Whether he was born on 25th december or not, What matters is that a day has been set to remember and celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ just as we celebrate his resurrection on Easter day.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by debbleopto: 12:51am On Dec 24, 2013
intrepid:

Dont mind them.i wonder why they dont even read history to know things instead of allowing pastors to teach them everything about the world.I dont think God likes this kind of blinding his ppl from real knowledge.

Are we celebrating an idol or are we celebrating Jesus today?why dig up useless history to scar ppl and make them live a double life?

ALL. YOUR. ARGUMENTS. ARE. HOLDING. AIR. IN. YOUR. FIST.
You have not read in the Scripture were David did census ( just to know the number of people ) caused death of thousand upon thousand. Moses hit the rock and water even came out, but he was denied of entering Cannan. When you introduced what the Bible has not commanded you, you are contending with the authority of Christ. Mattes 28 said "teaching them whatsoever I have commanded you....) Why are you teaching men what Christ has not command. If we look it well, you are blaspheming. Christ said. " a new commandment. I give to you..." you yourself give a new commandment to celebrate His birthday. A carnal man can never please God. All his thoughts will be carnal like Esau. no spiritual interest or evaluation.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Nobody: 1:11am On Dec 24, 2013
Xmas is not a xtain Religion its a fusion of pagan festivals, look at Germanic Culture, and Yule God and other pagan festivals around December period.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Shankboye(m): 1:30am On Dec 24, 2013
Touch not! grin
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Tijay90(m): 1:44am On Dec 24, 2013
Religion as a whole has done more harm than good to the world...Christianity inclusive!...Crusades,jihads,human sacrifices...TERRORISM!!!
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by phrankchek(m): 1:45am On Dec 24, 2013
glimpse:

Even thursday means THORsday

"thor" is he a roman god or Greek?
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by denvers: 1:50am On Dec 24, 2013
no one person can claim to be perfect .

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Werehkpe: 1:56am On Dec 24, 2013
Danhumprey: It's a pagan tradition,no doubt. For one,we don't know exactly when Jesus was born. We only give speculation about the day we think he was born,which may not be true. It shouldn't be about celebrating December 25th,rather it should be about celebrating Jesus.

Is there anything wrong in picking out ONE day in the year to celebrate the day the Christ was born? Whether that day is the exact day or not is irrelevant. What is relevant is that ONE day 25th Dec has been "selected" and accepted worldwide as the day our Christ was born. So you have to live with this fact.

Another thing I notice is we are just myopic and refuse to read and do simple research. Read and you will understand how the day 25th was derived cus it wasnt just selected randomly.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by ouigy99(m): 2:13am On Dec 24, 2013
fem-lij:
I beg WEDNESSday nko

The Naming of the Days

The Greeks named the days week after the sun, the moon and the five known planets, which were in turn named after the gods Ares, Hermes, Zeus, Aphrodite, and Cronus. The Greeks called the days of the week the Theon hemerai "days of the Gods". The Romans substituted their equivalent gods for the Greek gods, Mars, Mercury, Jove (Jupiter), Venus, and Saturn. (The two pantheons are very similar.) The Germanic peoples generally substituted roughly similar gods for the Roman gods, Tiu (Twia), Woden, Thor, Freya (Fria), but did not substitute Saturn.
Sunday -- Sun's day

Middle English sone(n)day or sun(nen)day
Old English sunnandæg "day of the sun"
Germanic sunnon-dagaz "day of the sun"
Latin dies solis "day of the sun"
Ancient Greek hemera heli(o)u, "day of the sun"
Monday -- Moon's day

Middle English monday or mone(n)day
Old English mon(an)dæg "day of the moon"
Latin dies lunae "day of the moon"
Ancient Greek hemera selenes "day of the moon"
Tuesday -- Tiu's day

Middle English tiwesday or tewesday
Old English tiwesdæg "Tiw's (Tiu's) day"
Latin dies Martis "day of Mars"
Ancient Greek hemera Areos "day of Ares"
Tiu (Twia) is the English/Germanic god of war and the sky. He is identified with the Norse god Tyr.

Mars is the Roman god of war.

Ares is the Greek god of war.

Wednesday -- Woden's day

Middle English wodnesday, wednesday, or wednesdai
Old English wodnesdæg "Woden's day"
Latin dies Mercurii "day of Mercury"
Ancient Greek hemera Hermu "day of Hermes"
Woden is the chief Anglo-Saxon/Teutonic god. Woden is the leader of the Wild Hunt. Woden is from wod "violently insane" + -en "headship". He is identified with the Norse Odin.

Mercury is the Roman god of commerce, travel, theivery, eloquence and science. He is the messenger of the other gods.

Hermes is the Greek god of commerce, invention, cunning, and theft. He is the messenger and herald of the other gods. He serves as patron of travelers and rogues, and as the conductor of the dead to Hades.

Thursday -- Thor's day

Middle English thur(e)sday
Old English thursdæg
Old Norse thorsdagr "Thor's day"
Old English thunresdæg "thunder's day"
Latin dies Jovis "day of Jupiter"
Ancient Greek hemera Dios "day of Zeus".
Thor is the Norse god of thunder. He is represented as riding a chariot drawn by goats and wielding the hammer Miölnir. He is the defender of the Aesir, destined to kill and be killed by the Midgard Serpent.

Jupiter (Jove) is the supreme Roman god and patron of the Roman state. He is noted for creating thunder and lightning.

Zeus is Greek god of the heavens and the supreme Greek god.

Friday -- Freya's day

Middle English fridai
Old English frigedæg "Freya's day"
composed of Frige (genetive singular of Freo) + dæg "day" (most likely)
or composed of Frig "Frigg" + dæg "day" (least likely)
Germanic frije-dagaz "Freya's (or Frigg's) day"
Latin dies Veneris "Venus's day"
Ancient Greek hemera Aphrodites "day of Aphrodite"
Freo is identical with freo, meaning free. It is from the Germanic frijaz meaning "beloved, belonging to the loved ones, not in bondage, free".

Freya (Fria) is the Teutonic goddess of love, beauty, and fecundity (prolific procreation). She is identified with the Norse god Freya. She is leader of the Valkyries and one of the Vanir. She is confused in Germany with Frigg.

Frigg (Frigga) is the Teutonic goddess of clouds, the sky, and conjugal (married) love. She is identified with Frigg, the Norse goddess of love and the heavens and the wife of Odin. She is one of the Aesir. She is confused in Germany with Freya.

Venus is the Roman goddess of love and beauty.

Aphrodite (Cytherea) is the Greek goddess of love and beauty.

Saturday -- Saturn's day

Middle English saterday
Old English sæter(nes)dæg "Saturn's day"
Latin dies Saturni "day of Saturn"
Ancient Greek hemera Khronu "day of Cronus"
Saturn is the Roman and Italic god of agriculture and the consort of Ops. He is believed to have ruled the earth during an age of happiness and virtue.

Cronus (Kronos, Cronos) is the Greek god (Titan) who ruled the universe until dethroned by his son Zeus.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by princesca: 2:13am On Dec 24, 2013
Whether the bible gave the date of the birth of Jesus or not atleast the world choose a particular day to celebrate him.cus the bible didn't state the date and it's now a sin to pick up a special date to celebrate him?whats our business if that same day was for some Roman gods?wetin concern us with any Roman gods?

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Nobody: 2:36am On Dec 24, 2013
JustCurious: It is a shame that a huge lot of 'us' on nairaland, don't know how to bridle our tongue, anymore. We allow the devil to speak through 'us' at will..causing more grief to the body of Christ. We backbite, gossip, pull down, castigate...and then go to church every sunday to ask for forgiveness? Where is the Christlike love in us? Where is the brotherly love and expression? We're always SO quick to hear, QUICK to speak...

For how long are we going to remain as baby christians...and, not cultivating the habit of knowing the Mind of the Lord, through His Holy Spirit that is expressly given to us? How long shall we be spiteful with our pull-down them down attitude..

Undoubtedly, some people would miss the rapture and second coming of christ..because of their undoing on the internet...sad words are powerful, people! Leave Pastor Kumuyi alone. Who knows, he must have said what he said based on personal convictions and leading of the Spirit. And, Who knows maybe it was after attending the Christmas Carol in Akwa State that God revealed this to him..because this was the first time ever he would explicitly talk about it in his preaching. And, I think the best we could do, is to ask questions...or seek God's face for clarity. It's not too much of a task to pray and know God's mind...

Let's not be more interested in observing HOLIDAYS than obeying His Commandments. Our obedience to Christ's command is better than sacrifice..

"Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:
But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the Lord".

Shalom smiley

what is this one saying?
see hero worship o
so you're concluding that God told him but you don't think God also told the ones supporting Christmas? chai

Talk about G.O worship

Idolatory alert!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by koladebrainiac(m): 3:48am On Dec 24, 2013
where is it in bible where God says they should compile bible and agreed on certain parts of the bible by some useless council of Trent . bibliolatary people .
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by flames77(m): 3:52am On Dec 24, 2013
pls can som 1 tell me were in the bible christ wrote for us to be celebrating his birth?, just a question o, no offence.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by FESOBISTEPHEN(m): 4:54am On Dec 24, 2013
I disagree with d respected pastor. He once preach dat TV is devilish, so am nt surprise
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Elgaxton(m): 5:00am On Dec 24, 2013
So we should celebrate Halloween instead? angry
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by dhaewood(m): 5:13am On Dec 24, 2013
[b]Colossians 2:16 ►
Parallel Verses
New International Version
Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

New Living Translation
So don't let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new moon ceremonies or Sabbaths.

English Standard Version
Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath.

New American Standard Bible
Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day--

King James Bible
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Therefore, don't let anyone judge you in regard to food and drink or in the matter of a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day.

International Standard Version
Therefore, let no one judge you in matters of food and drink or with respect to a festival, a New Moon, or Sabbath days.

NET Bible
Therefore do not let anyone judge you with respect to food or drink, or in the matter of a feast, new moon, or Sabbath days--

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Let no man disturb you about food or about drink or in the distinctions of feasts and beginnings of months and Sabbaths,

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Therefore, let no one judge you because of what you eat or drink or about the observance of annual holy days, New Moon Festivals, or weekly worship days.

Jubilee Bible 2000
Let no one therefore judge you in food or in drink or in respect of a feast day or of the new moon or of the sabbath days,

King James 2000 Bible
Let no man therefore judge you in food, or in drink, or in respect of a holy day, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

American King James Version
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holy day, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

American Standard Version
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of a feast day or a new moon or a sabbath day:

Douay-Rheims Bible
Let no man therefore judge you in meat or in drink, or in respect of a festival day, or of the new moon, or of the sabbaths,

Darby Bible Translation
Let none therefore judge you in meat or in drink, or in matter of feast, or new moon, or sabbaths,

English Revised Version
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of a feast day or a new moon or a sabbath day:

Webster's Bible Translation
Let no man therefore judge you in food, or in drink, or in respect of a holy-day, or or the new-moon, or of the sabbaths:

Weymouth New Testament
Therefore suffer no one to sit in judgement on you as to eating or drinking or with regard to a festival, a new moon or a sabbath.

World English Bible
Let no one therefore judge you in eating, or in drinking, or with respect to a feast day or a new moon or a Sabbath day,

Young's Literal Translation
Let no one, then, judge you in eating or in drinking, or in respect of a feast, or of a new moon, or of sabbaths,[/b]

[b]
Colossians 2:17 ►
Parallel Verses
These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

New Living Translation
For these rules are only shadows of the reality yet to come. And Christ himself is that reality.

English Standard Version
These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ.

things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

King James Bible
Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

These are a shadow of what was to come; the substance is the Messiah.

These are a shadow of the things to come, but the reality belongs to the Messiah.

NET Bible
these are only the shadow of the things to come, but the reality is Christ!

Because these things are shadows of those things that were future, but The Messiah is the body.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
These are a shadow of the things to come, but the body [that casts the shadow] belongs to Christ.

Jubilee Bible 2000
which are a shadow of things to come, but the body is of the Christ.

King James 2000 Bible

which are a shadow of the things to come; but the body is Christ's.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Which are a shadow of things to come, but the body is of Christ.

Darby Bible Translation
which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

English Revised Version

Weymouth New Testament
These were a shadow of things that were soon to come, but the substance belongs to Christ.

World English Bible

which are a shadow of the coming things, and the body is of the Christ;[/b]
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by JustCurious: 5:17am On Dec 24, 2013
Kamsy10:

what is this one saying?
see hero worship o
so you're concluding that God told him but you don't think God also told the ones supporting Christmas? chai

Talk about G.O worship

Idolatory alert!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Kamsy, what exactly do you mean by hero-worship? Is it wrong to have a contrary view? And, why have you been so excited over this Deeper Life issue? Does it profit you anything? Or, does it make you a better Christian? Or does it guarantee that your name would be written in the Book of Life? I am really perturbed by your display of excitement. You must be having real FUN, and not minding what would Christ Jesus do in your stead..

Pastor Kumuyi's message was for his church members.. I seriously still don't understand your gross. #backoffplease.

3 Likes

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by dhaewood(m): 5:18am On Dec 24, 2013
[b]1 Corinthians 10:31 ►
Parallel Verses
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

New Living Translation
So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

English Standard Version
So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

King James Bible
Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do everything for God's glory.

Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do everything for the glory of God.

NET Bible
So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do everything for the glory of God.

Whether you eat therefore or drink, or if you do anything, you shall do everything for the glory of God.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do everything to the glory of God.

Jubilee Bible 2000
Whether therefore ye eat or drink or whatever ye do, do everything for the glory of God.

King James 2000 Bible
Whether therefore you eat, or drink, or whatsoever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Whether therefore you eat, or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatsoever else you do, do all to the glory of God.

Darby Bible Translation
Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatever ye do, do all things to God's glory.

English Revised Version

Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

Weymouth New Testament
Whether, then, you are eating or drinking, or whatever you are doing, let everything be done to the glory of God.

World English Bible
Whether therefore you eat, or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Whether, then, ye eat, or drink, or do anything, do all to the glory of God;[/b]
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by adgwarri: 6:04am On Dec 24, 2013
D kwesh is nt abt Jesus being born on 25th, buh wat do we reali celebrate? Jesus or ourselfs!dnt b hypocrites brethren,xmas is a wordly afair..
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by adgwarri: 6:08am On Dec 24, 2013
The guy is d general overseer of d most populated church in nigeria..so dnt say his lookin 4 fame
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by rabzy: 6:14am On Dec 24, 2013
Kamsy10:

BUT YOU STILL HAVENT SHOWN US IN THE BIBLE WHERE SUNDAY WORSHIP IS SCRIPTURAL.
UNTIL THEN, WELCOME TO THE CLUB OF IDOLATERS.. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Sunday has got nothing to do with this, you worship God everyday. Sunday is d day most pple have as work-free day and so would allow for most pple to congregate and worship. If u live in a country where sunday is a work day, then the service day shud be changed to their work-free day. Sunday worship is for convenience of d majority.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Ellafesta: 6:47am On Dec 24, 2013
Hmmm. D Christian replaced the pagan celebration of sun god with Christ birth, wot is wrong wt it?
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by udbyron1(m): 6:57am On Dec 24, 2013
u all should mind the way u address pastor kumuyi....Respect

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

End Time: Isis And The "One World Ruler And Anti-christ / Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity / Pastor Christ Penelope Farts On Heads Of Worshippers To Demonstrate God's Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.