Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,570 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter (132086 Views)

What Basketmouth Just Found In An Airplane / #jadapose - 16-year-old's molest Video Goes Viral On The Internet / No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 05, 2014
Jobless people trying to feel important fighting a rubbish cause. It was just a joke I beg.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by MsSantaClaus(f): 9:56pm On Jan 05, 2014
kokoA: Dem dey craze all.. Nice joke jare. American comedians say worse things. Africans and sabi sabi.. Nonsense.

Read the tweets, 99% of the outraged ones are from white people! both men and women! Africans don't even begin to understand why the joke is so wrong! SMH

1 Like

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Toks2008(m): 9:58pm On Jan 05, 2014
This is a harmless but factual joke.

I would prefer he used Nigeria girls rather than Africa because 90% of Nigerian ladies have leech mentality and i guess its just their makeup. Glutons,golddigers and hopeless dependants. Basket mouth please tell them abeg.

After taking so much from a guy they expect the guy to chop tank u. Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by nex(m): 9:58pm On Jan 05, 2014
MsSantaClaus:

Glo needs to terminate his contract, because like Justine Sacco , who represented IAC and made a tasteless joke about going to South Africa and contacting AID's, he is an ambassador for a brand and since he does not take his role as an ambassador seriously , glo needs to dissacociate themselves from his small minded distasteful jokes as soon as possible! If you don't know who Justine Sacco is , please ask Google!

I'm sure you don't understand that Basket Mouth is the one endorsing Globacom. It's not the other way round. They are paying him a bulk of money for him to associate himself with their brand. They can't exactly sack him, and if they do decide they do not want his endorsement anymore, they'll need to pay out the rest of his term.

2 Likes

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 05, 2014
MsSantaClaus:

Read the tweets, 99% of the outraged ones are from white people! both men and women! Africans don't even begin to understand why the joke is so wrong! SMH
please,can u tell me what is wrong about the joke?
Cos, that's what we don't know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by vcvibes(m): 10:01pm On Jan 05, 2014
LOL
Raape ko Rap ni

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by kokoA(m): 10:01pm On Jan 05, 2014
MsSantaClaus:

sharap! There is absolutely nothing wrong with the joke. I bet if he had cracked a joke making fun of albinos you'd laugh your whole teeth out. Tell me, which is worse? Stop this hypocrisy.

4 Likes

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by chiketee(m): 10:02pm On Jan 05, 2014
Ra.pe is not a joke period. its a serious issue. The joke wasn't even funny. We have this way of being quite insensitive. Wait till someone close to you is rap.ed then u will understand the gravity. I also don't understand how Nigerians find jokes about disabled people funny. Talking about hypocrisy, wasn't it in this site that all hell broke loose cos a white girl joked about Africa and aids.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 05, 2014
Nigerians on twitter re very stuuuupiD!!,basket mouth shldnt have apologize,nigerians on twiiter re usuually sarcastic stuuuupid and dumb,and full of bad belle,I follow only white people angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by kushfc(m): 10:05pm On Jan 05, 2014
Glo needs to terminate his contract, because like Justine Sacco , who represented IAC and made a tasteless joke about going to South Africa and contacting AID's, he is an ambassador for a brand and since he does not take his role as an ambassador seriously , glo needs to dissacociate themselves from his small minded distasteful jokes as soon as possible! If you don't know who Justine Sacco is , please ask Google!

mumu of the greatest order.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Sunshinelady(f): 10:05pm On Jan 05, 2014
mizzyboy007: OMG!!! Why do nigerians always want people to fall because they have nothing for themselves? The sincere truth is that av seen dat joke before( not from basket mouth), but now basket mouth said it...badbelle people have started looking for glo to terminate his contrat. This world is cold men!!! People are so wicked!!! Please be happy for someone that is successful abeg....HABA!!!
. 'Dis world Is cold men, people are so wicked' really? Now tell me wat culd be colder or more wicked dan rape? Am not advocatin for cancellation of his contract, dat wuld be takin it too far. But d joke is an expensiv one. Its a gud thin he apologised.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by nex(m): 10:07pm On Jan 05, 2014
Basket Mouth is a very funny comedian, and one of his funniest features is the ability to make fun of what most comedians don't. I was in UNIBEN when he started, and I nearly laughed my head off during promotions for his first major event in Lagos with Ali Baba. As Teju Babyface mentioned the N1,000 gate fee, Basket Mouth looked so alarmed, he said even he wouldn't part with N1,000 to watch himself. I bet that must have cost them a few tickets, but it honestly was spontaneous, very funny, and indeed very fresh. Though possibly counter-productive.

[img]http://1.bp..com/--oi7hTr6zLs/UsmA7gKXQbI/AAAAAAAABXY/mJ7U2at0zhA/s640/basketmouth12.jpg[/img]

I've heard jokes from various Nigerian comedians, which to a large extent are very disgusting to me. The ones which border around ethnicism, and tribalism mostly. It was quite an overwhelming outrage which followed Basket Mouth's joke about dating a Caucasian girl VS dating an African girl, particularly as it ended in "RAP-E!!!".

[img]http://4.bp..com/-67b_8UlyQUU/UsmM2jkPzUI/AAAAAAAABXo/kNqgoc40KeI/s640/Basket+Mouth+Joke+.jpeg[/img]

The thing these days, is that there're these people who are hyper-active on Twitter, and every once in a while, they like to test their might, and also the loyalty of their minions. One of them got a hold of a Zimbabwean's rant, and blew it up to what it became this morning. Some of those among the sets of mindless drones that initially liked that comment, were later seen on Twitter castigating same Basket Mouth.

The originator of this beef on Twitter, whom I refuse to glorify with a mention, has finally retweeted Basket Mouth's apology as a trophy to himself. But then, suddenly, this same man has decided to push his luck a bit harder: prevailing on Globacom and GTBank to terminate any endorsement deals they have with the comedian. As much as I'd be pleased to see this outcry sanitize Nigerian comedy, I'd be absolutely irate to see people making this matter into what it isn't.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-XkkvFDFvggc/UsmVsvB_nII/AAAAAAAABX4/QQN0aiWPOsA/s640/Rape2.jpg[/img]

Rap-e is a very serious crime, yet oddly enough, this joke has been told by other comedians in other arena, and also previously by this particular Basket Mouth, whose moniker by itself conveys his tendency to unguarded speech. The question which critics and anti-rape activists are not asking themselves however is "DID THE COMEDIAN BASKET MOUTH GLORIFY RAP-E?". Although he's tendered an apology, but it's not hard to tell from the tone, that is wasn't in any way heartfelt.

On my part, I'd say Basket Mouth depicted what happens a lot in our society. He didn't say go out and do it. He said this is what happens. What are comedians meant to do? Comedians joke about death, about poverty, disability, tribe, race, hunger, drug abuse, robbery, they even joke about the Devil and Almighty God Himself. Filmmakers do the same, yet, I've not seen such mobilization against a movie that depicts rap-e, or any of the other ills of life. In fact, Martin Scorsese wins an Oscar award for such.

http://thediaryofabadman..com/2014/01/the-joke-that-raped-basket-mouth.html

6 Likes

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 05, 2014
kokoA: sharap! There is absolutely nothing wrong with the joke. I bet if he had cracked a joke making fun of albinos you'd laugh your whole teeth out. Tell me, which is worse? Stop this hypocrisy.
dont mind them. Or if he told a tribal hate joke or a race hate joke it would be alright.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by MsSantaClaus(f): 10:08pm On Jan 05, 2014
kokoA: sharap! There is absolutely nothing wrong with the joke. I bet if he had cracked a joke making fun of albinos you'd laugh your whole teeth out. Tell me, which is worse? Stop this hypocrisy.

My dear kokoA, whether you like what I say or not, with that stupid joke, Basketmouth put his foot in his mouth. Your childish protestations make no difference whatsoever, he messed up big time! He understands it, unfortunately, you don't! Too bad, I don't know where you work or maybe you don't, but, go and read up on corporate representation, eg the case of Festus Odumegu , Nigerian Breweries and the unpopular third term agenda! Maybe then ur small mind will understand why Glo should as a matter of urgency disassociate itself from Basketmouths tasteless joke!
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by ontheair: 10:13pm On Jan 05, 2014
chiketee: Ra.pe is not a joke period. its a serious issue. The joke wasn't even funny. We have this way of being quite insensitive. Wait till someone close to you is rap.ed then u will understand the gravity. I also don't understand how Nigerians find jokes about disabled people funny. Talking about hypocrisy, wasn't it in this site that all hell broke loose cos a white girl joked about Africa and aids.

Like seriously, I visited, for the first time, the Nairaland joke section some days back and I read this same joke which I believe had been there for a while and I didn't see any condemnation I can recall- though I didn't find it funny, I wonder why we are on about it already. From my point of view find it very offensive to the male folks - does it mean black men would rape because a chic keeps collecting and not allow for sex?! must everthing be from the female perspective only?!
I think it is a joke and the effect can be used positively too, moreso, the chap has apologised. Let focus on the positive!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 05, 2014
Dis is One of d best jokes av heard so far, pple r rily misunderstanding d joke, it is d guys dat r suppose to b angry n not d girls because it is d guys dat do d raping. Basket u r highly gbasky

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by youngice(m): 10:14pm On Jan 05, 2014
homesteady: What is wrong with the joke? Its very funny grin grin
help me ask them o. haters oshi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by hykeOL: 10:14pm On Jan 05, 2014
Enemies Go and Die.Basketmouth keep doing wat u know how to do best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 05, 2014
The funny thing is that it is women that are taking it most personal. Most likely people that have been raped before or almost raped. But this same women will laugh about other peoples misfortunes as long as it doesnt apply to them. BM tells jokes about men all the time. Some even very degrading like that "Junior suck bobbi joke" but men will always laff over it. But women, they are very emotional and they will drag this thing for a while maybe make BM lose some endorsements. But I promise you, they will still go and see BM in a show with their bf and laff abt albinos and imbeciles on the 7th date which is one date from You know what ...... grin Thank God I'm not basketmouth sha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by kokoA(m): 10:18pm On Jan 05, 2014
MsSantaClaus:

My dear kokoA, whether you like what I say or not, with that stupid joke, Basketmouth put his foot in his mouth. Your childish protestations make no difference whatsoever, he messed up big time! He understands it, unfortunately, you don't! Too bad, I don't know where you work or maybe you don't, but, go and read up on corporate representation, eg the case of Festus Odumegu , Nigerian Breweries and the unpopular third term agenda! Maybe then ur small mind will understand why Glo should as a matter of urgency disassociate itself from Basketmouths tasteless joke!
it doesn't change the fact that you are a big hypocrite or silly hater. You can laugh at jokes that spite people with disabilities, poor people, etc but become a nairaland activist when a harmless joke that has been around for a while is told by basket mouth. Howmany times have you called on glo to terminate contracts of musicians who degrade women on stage? Talking about small mind.. Mcheewww.. Pass the mic sis!

2 Likes

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by ManTiger(m): 10:20pm On Jan 05, 2014
Yuzedo's prophecy should be taken very seriously o, he said "Haters will continue to hate" and just 3days after its coming to pass... Well, i wonder how Potato will Potate shaar!

1 Like

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by rossete2020(f): 10:23pm On Jan 05, 2014
abeg make una leave basket mout alone. Its only a joke. Its either u take it or leave it. ENEMIES

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Snoggy(m): 10:23pm On Jan 05, 2014
Useless GLO! They can't terminate his contract. Na dem go lose sef grin grin
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Justeenaleo(f): 10:26pm On Jan 05, 2014
MsSantaClaus:

I dnt knw who justine sacco is,but I knw who he is not,basket mouth,nd I dnt giv a flyin fvck wat his brand did with him,basket mouth asked for forgiveness nd I hv forgiven him,case closed,we all make mistake,if u get terminated for every mistake u make,I doubt u'd b here vomiting bile,let d guy be abeg

2 Likes

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by frederick106(m): 10:27pm On Jan 05, 2014
thunder fire anybody who says my brother glo ambassador-oship ( if any thing like DAT exists) should b terminated. you r just a sarcastic hater. abegi live magaman alone... bmouth continue ur tin joor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Snoggy(m): 10:27pm On Jan 05, 2014
ManTiger: Yuzedo's prophecy should be taken very seriously o, he said "Haters will continue to hate" and just 3days after its coming to pass... Well, i wonder how Potato will Potate shaar!
Lol! Bro, it's happening already. Potatoes are already potating grin grin grin grin
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by 247cheapgadgets: 10:27pm On Jan 05, 2014
Like I said on my twitter account @kolashangone , some people are using this 'rape joke' to project their anger toward Basketmouth. There was no where in the joke that he endoirsed or encouraged rape. This is cheap blackmail. Even after he apologised, they still want his contract terminated and his shows cancelled, for what??

All these twitter activists @blcompere and co, will not do anything but sit behind an keyboard and attempt to ruin someones career! just plain bitterness!

247cheapgadgets
For your powerbanks to charge phones, contact pin:2256D856

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 05, 2014
Basketmouth apologised,them still dey carry the matter for head.Tell them to GO AND DIE! angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by BelloFataiA: 10:28pm On Jan 05, 2014
Is there anything bad in dis since we call it joke, and I don't think dis has anything to do with his contract now..... Pple are too wicked ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 05, 2014
-

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? / Maryam Booth Reacts To Her Leaked Nude Video, Accuses Deezell, Her Ex Boyfriend / Joke Silva Pictured With Olu Jacobs & Their Son At Her Mum's Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.