Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter (132047 Views)

What Basketmouth Just Found In An Airplane / #jadapose - 16-year-old's molest Video Goes Viral On The Internet / No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by vislabraye(m): 10:30pm On Jan 05, 2014
These guys should just relax. The joke is funn, why are all these feminist breaking their head?

When comedians make joke about the disable, why I find very gross, no one ever scolded them.
When the joke about Clalbar people eaing dog meat or champion in bed, no one eveR said a thing. They even laughed about it.
But now BM joked about "rape", the whole world is calling for his head.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jan 05, 2014
-

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Toks2008(m): 10:36pm On Jan 05, 2014
Basket mouth tweeted a joke today and the joke received wide criticism from people because of the RAPE word.

Well, from my pragmatic point of view, that Joke was factual but i would have preferred he used Nigeria girls in place of African girls.(No offense intended)

90% of Nigerian ladies are so so hopelessly money and material conscious that love in the real sense does not occur in their dictionary. They have been engulfed with a leech mentality. If you believe you are not part of this 90% then good for you and i advice you don't frown at this fact.

Most Nigerian ladies are out for what the guy can offer and never for love. To them love without finance is void and null. And if you think you have found one that does not give a damn about your money then its either she is loaded already or probably giving you time to make wealth else she will bolt if she can't take it anymore.

What else do you expect from a guy you have taken so much from? To laugh at you and say "thanks for chopping my money abi?

If there is anything more gruesome than rape i believe such ladies deserve it.

I am not and will never be an advocate of domestic violence or female molestation of any type but i will advice our ladies STOP YOUR RECKLESS LONG THROAT.

It will be hard for a Nigerian lady to foot a bill on a date because that leech mentality has gone deep into their soul and all they know how to do is collect.

Sometimes i feel maybe its the poverty level in the country that is causing this anomaly or the mindset of our ladies who just refuse to believe they can also be independently wealthy or maybe its just the make up of our ladies, GOD help them.

8 Likes

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by texazzpete(m): 10:39pm On Jan 05, 2014
Couple of m0r0ns here saying "It was just a joke". Rubbish. It's a serious gaffe that fully deserves outrage.

I don't agree with those who are trying to get Glo to terminate their arrangement with him, though. He's been verbally excoriated enough on Twitter and he has apologized.

2 Likes

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 05, 2014
I remember posting the joke on my FB page, c comments ov haters like say na me form the joke, had to delete dem comments.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by JANK23H(m): 10:45pm On Jan 05, 2014
selflessmaya: [b]Oh please!! his contract should be terminated ASAP for this sh'it... Nigerian celebrities dont know what it means to be a celebrity, there are certain standards to be maintained and certain things to say and not to say. That's why you see them in interviews making fools of themselves and stuttering unnecessarily.. That's why you see the females marry and blow up like puff puff, they dont know that certain standard have been set by society for everyone and even more for them. ra'pe jokes are extremely offensive and demeaning more so if the person is not of the targeted gender.. if a black man calls a black man "ni'gger" it's overlooked but if a white man does it's very insulting. don't make jokes about stuff you can never go thru or understand.
This joke makes it seem like it's ok to ra'pe a girl if you've spent on her. this joke makes it seem like some women deserve to be ra'ped cos they have enjoyed the dude's money. as brand ambassador you represent the image your endorsers stand for... if glo is ok with this demeaning joke, i'm flinging my glo sim no time for non'sense. yeah, he apologised but he cant take back what he's tweeted, so naturally there should be consequences, so other celebs realize how closely watched they are by media and social networks. RA'PE JOKES ARE NEVER OK. [/b]
Throw your Glo SIM and what happens,the company crash?.Pls stop being antir.ape activist overnight.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by gwas(m): 10:47pm On Jan 05, 2014
Na wa o, that's why I hate dealing with people that lack sense of humour! Seems their brain is like that of a mosquito.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by monex(m): 10:47pm On Jan 05, 2014
he is not even the original author of that joke na.

the joke don tey and if you think it endorses rape then you dont know what a joke is.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by smartg(m): 10:48pm On Jan 05, 2014
homesteady: What is wrong with the joke? Its very funny grin grin
I wonder oo!. If they don't know the meaning of 'joke', they should go and die.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Snoggy(m): 10:49pm On Jan 05, 2014
JANK23H: .Pls stop being a r.ape activist overnight.
Rāpe activist? shocked shocked Did you read the joke at all?
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by MsSantaClaus(f): 10:50pm On Jan 05, 2014
All you Basket Mouth supporters and those saying there is nothing wrong with the joke, why then did Basket mouth apologize? Cos he is smarter than all of you mumu's and understands what is at stake! You wouldn't know cos I guess your all jobless, so you don't realize what it means to protect your reputation at all costs, fortunately basket mouth is more mature and focused than you are!

1 Like

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by bedane: 10:54pm On Jan 05, 2014
I don't know why Nigeria has an increasing number of sad people. After reading the jokes I saw a good lesson which any reasonable Nigerian lady should see too. Lesson is if he is buying this things and attempts sex then terminate subsequent dates if not it could lead to rape. In my view its a positive joke. People see what they want to see. I'm Out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by funkymedina: 10:54pm On Jan 05, 2014
This is how nigerian men think .I spent some money so therefore I am entitled to ra'pe ..they come abroad and do it here, always ra'ping ..fvck*ing savages! Basket mouth is a representation of a typical nigerian and the response here shows it . they cant even begin to undertstand why the so-called rap'e joke is in bad taste!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Snoggy(m): 10:55pm On Jan 05, 2014
MsSantaClaus: All you Basket Mouth supporters and those saying there is nothing wrong with the joke, why then did Basket mouth apologize? Cos he is smarter than all of you mumu's and understands what is at stake! You wouldn't know cos I guess your all jobless, so you don't realize what it means to protect your reputation at all costs, fortunately basket mouth is more mature and focused than you are!
It's called common sense!

This is how it is: Apologise and disperse the hypocrites

You think he really meant the apology. He already called them hypocrites-exactly what they are.

He just wanted them off his back.

5 Likes

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by logica(m): 10:56pm On Jan 05, 2014
For the women, let's do a little experiment:

Switch the subject from female to male. If you now find a joke about r@ping a man funny, then it is a joke after all. If you don't find it funny, then indeed it is a bad joke.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Sunshinelady(f): 10:56pm On Jan 05, 2014
selflessmaya: [b]Oh please!! his contract should be terminated ASAP for this sh'it... Nigerian celebrities dont know what it means to be a celebrity, there are certain standards to be maintained and certain things to say and not to say. That's why you see them in interviews making fools of themselves and stuttering unnecessarily.. That's why you see the females marry and blow up like puff puff, they dont know that certain standard have been set by society for everyone and even more for them. ra'pe jokes are extremely offensive and demeaning more so if the person is not of the targeted gender.. if a black man calls a black man "ni'gger" it's overlooked but if a white man does it's very insulting. don't make jokes about stuff you can never go thru or understand.
This joke makes it seem like it's ok to ra'pe a girl if you've spent on her. this joke makes it seem like some women deserve to be ra'ped cos they have enjoyed the dude's money. as brand ambassador you represent the image your endorsers stand for... if glo is ok with this demeaning joke, i'm flinging my glo sim no time for non'sense. yeah, he apologised but he cant take back what he's tweeted, so naturally there should be consequences, so other celebs realize how closely watched they are by media and social networks. RA'PE JOKES ARE NEVER OK. [/b]
. Nice points there. He made it seem like its ok to rape. To prove dat, see some foolish guys on dis thread are alredy sayin dat wat he said is true/right. Yet dey r still claimin its ajoke. If its a joke den y are u sayin d stuff he said (d 'joke') is true? Anyways, dey shuld forgiv him sha.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by dipo1: 10:59pm On Jan 05, 2014
The tweet does not even reflect that he 'endorses' rape. A joke is just a joke and that's his own source of livelihood even though it is a vry sensitive matter. He has since apologized and the world should just move on. Still Naija's finest comedian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Kayouday(m): 10:59pm On Jan 05, 2014
Thats an old joke though, but why the hype..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Snoggy(m): 11:00pm On Jan 05, 2014
funky medina: This is how nigerian men think .I spent some money so therefore I am entitled to ra'pe ..they come abroad and do it here, always ra'ping ..fvck*ing savages! Basket mouth is a representation of a typical nigerian and the response here shows it . they cant even begin to undertstand why the so-called rap'e joke is in bad taste!
The dumbest post I've read this year.

2 Likes

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Seunboss(m): 11:00pm On Jan 05, 2014
(in a most polite manner)If rape leads 2 hell. Thn, i'm sure all tgese nitwit bitches askin 4 my guys contract2 b terminated will get there first. Thank u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 05, 2014

GO AND DIE undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by PaulSteve: 11:07pm On Jan 05, 2014
Make una free Basket Mouth joor,the man talk one true possibility now all of una d rant! Person wey wan rape go rape,whether Basket Mouth joke with am or not!
Beside,was it his joke that led to those mutiliated ritualist victims we've always been reading or seeing?
Bad belle just calling for Basket Mouth's head!
I respect humans- males and females,I hold females dear to my heart being that physically they are weaker than men,but aside that,women are super and should be encouraged to tap their inner resources rather than relying on men!
#Every case of rape should be dealt with according to law#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by chi4ik(m): 11:07pm On Jan 05, 2014
He is indeed Basket Mouth
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by vcvibes(m): 11:11pm On Jan 05, 2014
Ah hope u get anally raped

1 Like

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Tuljaking(m): 11:11pm On Jan 05, 2014
deols: the joke is not funny at all.

He committed more than an offense. Imagine that a white man wrote that, he'd have been called a racist.

The apology is not even good enough.

Looks like he has too much money already.globacom can do the needful
u are slut I guess or u play mugu games I guez sha com play mugu for side u go thank basket mouth it would pain the ashewoz#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by dipo1: 11:13pm On Jan 05, 2014
funky medina: This is how nigerian men think .I spent some money so therefore I am entitled to ra'pe ..they come abroad and do it here, always ra'ping ..fvck*ing savages! Basket mouth is a representation of a typical nigerian and the response here shows it . they cant even begin to undertstand why the so-called rap'e joke is in bad taste!

Is your dad Nigerian? And where abroad is it that Nigerian men are rapin people? You should go fix yourself instead of hating. Basketmouth is a success already and an honest mistake is no reason to call for his head

1 Like

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 05, 2014
Nawaoh, all these uproar 4 just a single sex joke? Naija una too like bad tins. If dis na paster Chris preaching, nobody go talk nor repent. Buh bcoz, its sumtin dat got to do with sex, we no hear word again. Alot of pervs in naija. Tufiakwa
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by howfarwhatagwan: 11:16pm On Jan 05, 2014
People are asking what is wrong with the joke? are you kidding me it's a pathetic joke it is not a thing to joke about no matter what. Basket mouth my advice if you are beginning to lack jokes divest to another industry I'm certain you will do well in Nollywood. For goodness sake there is always a limit to anything

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by therealdeal: 11:16pm On Jan 05, 2014
NA STUPIDITY DEY WORRY THEM. BLACK AMERICAN COMEDIANS SAY WORST. ALL THIS HOLIER THAN THOUGH ATTITUDE. OK END TIME THINGS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by MsSantaClaus(f): 11:17pm On Jan 05, 2014
vcvibes: Ah hope u get anally raped

I doubt you are an adult, and if you are , I doubt you are a parent! Your Utterly brainless comment may live to haunt you!
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by MsSantaClaus(f): 11:21pm On Jan 05, 2014
Snoggy: It's called common sense!

This is how it is: Apologise and disperse the hypocrites

You think he really meant the apology. He already called them hypocrites-exactly what they are.

He just wanted them off his back.

No he didn't Just want them off his back ! I assure you, that Glo is discussing this issue as we speak! Even in Nigeria there is something called corporate responsibility!
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by dipo1: 11:22pm On Jan 05, 2014
The guy was wrong - so he should loose his endorsements. Seriously. We wicked for 9ja sha. Na the bitterness dey worry us wey we be like this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? / Maryam Booth Reacts To Her Leaked Nude Video, Accuses Deezell, Her Ex Boyfriend / Joke Silva Pictured With Olu Jacobs & Their Son At Her Mum's Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.