Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (820246 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Blesseddisciple: 7:17pm On Aug 11, 2014
Good day VO
Is it appropriate to answer been an undergraduate medical student with proofs to a consular as ties to a country on a Visitors visa quest?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by hopefulme: 9:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
Hello VO,will like to know if the salary as shown in the bank statement and payslip is an acceptable monthly income or annual income divided by 12.thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ayobj: 4:24pm On Aug 12, 2014
My US visa is expiring next month.
I wish to reapply with my wife whose visa also expires same day.
My 3 children have never been to the USA and will also need visas too.
I read that they can apply through the drop box process too even in their first time.
They are minors.my first daughter is 11 years old.

Please enlighten me how do we arrange it.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by aolatunde00: 7:05am On Aug 13, 2014
@justwise or whoever deleted my post,

Please tell me why my post was hidden.Did i break any rules or was any of the information i provided wrong?
I believe i directed him to the websites where his enquiries would be sufficiently answered.

Kindly tell me my wrong.
Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by justwise(m): 7:10am On Aug 13, 2014
aolatunde00: @justwise or whoever deleted my post,

Please tell me why my post was hidden.Did i break any rules or was any of the information i provided wrong?
I believe i directed him to the websites where his enquiries would be sufficiently answered.

Kindly tell me my wrong.
Thank you

Only VO is allowed to answer questions in this particular thread.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by aolatunde00: 7:23am On Aug 13, 2014
justwise:

Only VO is allowed to answer questions in this particular thread.

ok
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ayobj: 8:50am On Aug 13, 2014
Advise for drop box.

- My 2 years B1/B2 US visa is expiring next month.
I read that they can apply through the drop box process too even in their first time.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by eshiogiemeh: 1:16pm On Aug 13, 2014
good day sir

i got a job appointment with the royal Caribbean tourist line and everything was going well until i was asked to get a c1/d visa.
i apply for it and suddenly i was asked to pay a certain amount to ecobank so they can process the visa for my going to the states.

now i'm not sure i know what to do cos i've asked friends and familly and no one can give me a genuine ans if its a scam or not.

thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by akings26: 7:02pm On Aug 13, 2014
Hello v.o, I made a blunder in filling my application online. At the first attempt, I filled in single as my status and later went to change it to married after submission. My appointment had come and gone and I was denied without Even checking my document. Am willing to really apply and I want to know what my chances are. Will the first blunder not Mar my future application?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by keni: 1:42pm On Aug 14, 2014
Hello AbujaNiv

I would like to know the current position of embassy on the issuance non immigration visas to Nigerians with the outbreak of the EBOLA VIRUS? There has been a lot of rumors flying around that visas are suspended for now.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Jamchujor: 12:20pm On Aug 15, 2014
Hello VO,
i work with an American firm here in Nigeria and was recently invited to attend an official meeting in US next month but was dinied a non-immigrant visa based on section 214B on 17th of last month. my company wrote for a review of the decision but we didnt get any response. The meeting is scheduled to commence on the 15th of Sept. am i eligible to reapply? pls advise.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Brainpower365: 1:13pm On Aug 16, 2014
Hello vo, Please i need to verify some information from u.I was given f1 visa 4th ago and ask to come and collect 2wk time which wil be two wk by monday.but some people that we went to the interview have been given alread but i have not gotten any response yet.please why the delay because my school have resume already.plz urgent reply.thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by worry359(m): 1:33pm On Aug 18, 2014
0lynx0:
I was denied my F1 visa twice at the consulate in lagos without been given a specific reason. i was only given a 214b.
You should have looked this up yourself.
They HAVE given you a "specific reason!"
214b rejection is because you have not shown strong ties to return home.
Unless you address this problem you will keep being refused visa.
Also by making repeat applications close together you look "desparate to get there"
This is a red flag on your record and will also affect the outcome!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:54pm On Aug 18, 2014
ahonohai: Good afternoon.

I wish to find out if my wife is also eligible for the dropbox renewal program if we make a joint application.

I have previously been issued B1/B2 visas with the most recent visa expiring in a few days.

The information on renewals contained here ---> http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/niv_renewals.html states that she is qualified for the renewal category but based on the information here ---> http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/niv_dropbox.html which states my eligibility, it isn't clear whether she is qualified to use the dropbox as she has not previously applied for a US visa.

Thank you for your time.

Thanks for your question. Dropbox is only for those applicants who already have a US visa and meet the conditions you have mentioned above. If your wife has not applied for a visa before, she would not be qualified to use dropbox, and needs to come in for a normal visa interview.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:58pm On Aug 18, 2014
0lynx0: thank you abujaniv. i have demanding issues and i will greatly appreciate your quick respone. you can aldo email me @ oyedelesegunfunmi@yahoo.com.
I was denied my F1 visa twice at the consulate in lagos without been given a specific reason. i was only given a 214b.
the first time was july 15. the CO(woman) asked me few questions about my choice of course and readons for choosing my school. she asked for my sat result and i gave her. she asked for my transcript, i couldn't present the original copy due to my carelessness but i had a printed scanned copy with me. i gave her that and she stood up and came after few minutes and just said she cant give ne the visa. the second time was at lagos on the 13th of AAugust, i was interviewed by a man that denied almost everybody that went before me. he asked me few questions about my school and my parents. je didnt ask for a single document and gave me a 214b. please what could be the cause of this.
2. i choose abuja for my next appointment for 26th august on my ds160 but am finding it difficult to choose abuja on my appointment schedule page. it seems ii have been registered with lagos. please what can i do.
i will furnish you with all necessary datas if am contacted. thanks

Thanks for your question. While we cannot comment on specific cases, we do cite the section of the law a refusal was issued under at the time of refusal. It sounds like, in your case, that was INA 214(b). We don't go into more specifics than the section of the law.

As for your problems making an appointment with Abuja, that sounds like a problem for the call center. You are welcome to contact them, and their contact information is here: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-main-contactus.asp
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:00pm On Aug 18, 2014
Brainpower365: Hello vo, Please i need to verify some information from u.I was given f1 visa 4th ago and ask to come and collect 2wk time which wil be two wk by monday.but some people that we went to the interview have been given alread but i have not gotten any response yet.please why the delay because my school have resume already.plz urgent reply.thanks

If you are inquiring about the location of your passport, there is a section of our call center that specifically deals with this. You can find all the information here: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-main-contactus.asp
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:03pm On Aug 18, 2014
ayobj: Advise for drop box.

- My 2 years B1/B2 US visa is expiring next month.

Thanks

Thank you for your question. It appears you were misinformed. The requirements for dropbox are clearly listed on our website (http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/niv_dropbox.html ). If your children have not had visas in the past, then they would not qualify for dropbox.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:05pm On Aug 18, 2014
eshiogiemeh: good day sir

i got a job appointment with the royal Caribbean tourist line and everything was going well until i was asked to get a c1/d visa.
i apply for it and suddenly i was asked to pay a certain amount to ecobank so they can process the visa for my going to the states.

now i'm not sure i know what to do cos i've asked friends and familly and no one can give me a genuine ans if its a scam or not.

thank you

Thanks for your question. The C1/D visa is for crewmembers that are arriving in the US as part of their official duties. While that would make sense, we do not use Ecobank to collect our visa fees - we use GTBank (http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/visapaymentinfo.html ).
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:07pm On Aug 18, 2014
akings26: Hello v.o, I made a blunder in filling my application online. At the first attempt, I filled in single as my status and later went to change it to married after submission. My appointment had come and gone and I was denied without Even checking my document. Am willing to really apply and I want to know what my chances are. Will the first blunder not Mar my future application?

Applicants who are refused 214(b) are welcome to reapply for a visa anytime. As every case is different, we cannot comment on the "chances" of any particular case. However, honesty is always a good policy.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:07pm On Aug 18, 2014
keni: Hello AbujaNiv

I would like to know the current position of embassy on the issuance non immigration visas to Nigerians with the outbreak of the EBOLA VIRUS? There has been a lot of rumors flying around that visas are suspended for now.

There have been no changes to our visa processing procedures, in either Lagos or Abuja.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:11pm On Aug 18, 2014
Jamchujor: Hello VO,
i work with an American firm here in Nigeria and was recently invited to attend an official meeting in US next month but was dinied a non-immigrant visa based on section 214B on 17th of last month. my company wrote for a review of the decision but we didnt get any response. The meeting is scheduled to commence on the 15th of Sept. am i eligible to reapply? pls advise.

Applicants who are refused 214(b) are welcome to reapply for a visa anytime. As every case is different, we cannot comment on the "chances" of any particular case. While your company is welcome to send a message to the Embassy as well, please note that refusals under 214(b) are final and cannot be appealed. There is no "review of the decision".
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:13pm On Aug 18, 2014
Blesseddisciple: Good day VO
Is it appropriate to answer been an undergraduate medical student with proofs to a consular as ties to a country on a Visitors visa quest?

Ties to one's country are as varied as the individual. We are unable to comment on the specifics of individual cases.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:15pm On Aug 18, 2014
hopefulme: Hello VO,will like to know if the salary as shown in the bank statement and payslip is an acceptable monthly income or annual income divided by 12.thank you

Thank you for your question. We primarily rely on the interview, and not on documents, when it comes to making our decisions. So, it is likely the officer will be asking you what your monthly income is, as opposed to expecting any particular form of financial document.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
osablink: Hello VO
How long can I use a nonimmgrant visa. Can I use a non immigrant visa for both working and schooling

The information about all US visa types is freely available on our website: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english.html
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:20pm On Aug 18, 2014
Graviton2: Hello, AbujaNIV.

I must commend your work and kind replies. God bless you for your time and help to people on here.

I would like to know if a student who has already acquired an F1 visa but couldn't meet up with his study program at a US university because of the school's refusal to defer his admission. The school is stating that they will cancel his i-20 if he doesn't report show up by this year, this is difficult owing to some unexpected circumstances.

I would like to know if the student can still apply to a new university and use their i-20 to enter the US with the same visa for his studies at the new university for fall next year.

Please note: The student is still in Nigeria and has no intention of entering the US illegally.

I look forward to your reply. God bless. cheesy

Thank you for your question. While we can't comment on any specific case, students applying for a student visa need to present a valid I-20 that matches their planned course of study. If the I-20 doesn't reflect the planned course of study, obviously that would present a problem.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:24pm On Aug 18, 2014
aolatunde00: Good evening ma"am.
My husband and I are renewing our US visas and are qualified for the Dropbox application.When booking our appointments though,the system asked for my first name and I gave just that without my middle name which is also on my passport.
My ds-160,gtbank receipt and passports(previous and present) all have my surname,first name and middle name.
The appointment confirmation page has my surname and first name only.
Should I be worried?

This sort of error happens all the time. So long as the DS-160 and the passports match, there should not be an issue. You are welcome to contact the call center if you want more specifics about your individual case: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-main-contactus.asp
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:26pm On Aug 18, 2014
chloe7: @abujaniv as decided not to answer us again o , we have pressing questions to ask.

Sorry about that. We are back now - we have been exceptionally busy in terms of interviews recently, but we are trying to catch up as best we can.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by wand30: 2:27pm On Aug 18, 2014
Can I please get some help please about how to get my mum to visit my sister? She will be visiting my sister for three months who is expecting a baby in the US and my sister will also be sponsoring the visit. We are not sure what documents exactly are needed to ensure the whole process is successful. Any link or advise will be appreciated.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.