Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? (34405 Views)

Guys, Which Do You Prefer, A Beautiful Face Or A Banging Body? / Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? / Which Would You Ladies Prefer: A Rich Cheat Or A Broke Faithful Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 01, 2014
I am a humble guy who has some rich friends who struggled their ways to the top without the golden spoon syndrome when they were born.

I happen to see that some guys who are out of relationship for one thing or the other or were unable to marry their first love are finding it very hard to settle down with ladies of their choice. These ladies aged between 22-27 tend to come around to enjoy expensive dates and enjoy driving in their cars but will hardly accede to a discussion on marriage.

One question they often ask these successful guys is, " Why not get another job ". One can easily see the concern on their faces when asking this question. Oftentimes these guys are shocked by these questions as some of them have worked in banks and telecom firms before meeting these girls. But right now developed businesses which they do and earn good profit comparable to their salaries as paid employees. In addition some have built good houses, own cars and businesses.

Very vivid is mike's case who was formerly a white collar job worker who when he was living in a one room apartment had many girlfriends and most of these girls were begging him for marriage. He counted about 3 girls who once knelt down in his room to ask for his hands in marriage. Mike now finds it hard to comprehend that now that he owns a business and drives a big car and occupy a big house, what he meets are player ladies. Mike has counted at least 5 of his lady friends who are asking him to get another bank job.

Mike tries to explain to them that getting another bank job is not the problem but meeting the banks deposit targets as he has dumped several offers in the past after he called it quit from the corporate world. One now wonders whether these ladies are disconnected from reality that one, there are no jobs and two, to maintain a job, one cannot actively maintain a thriving business.

Ken once discussed with me how often ladies accepted to be friends with him when he was on tie and suit and worked as an office assistant in a corporate firm. He had a wonderful command of english language though he capped his education at the OND level. He developed love for a particular business and started it while his younger brother ran the business for him he still maintained his job. Later on he found out that his profit from business started exceedinghos salary and he later quit his job to pursue his business fully. Today mike is very successful and lives in his own house, though still single. The ladies he sees are more interested in friendship than in settling down and he has also encountered same questions like," Why not get another job" from his lady friends.

To sum up this write up, why will a lady accept to date a bank contract staff with a salary of N60k or an oil company contract staff with a salary of N80k in preference to a businessman with proof of wealth ?

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by brosiye99(m): 10:24am On Jul 01, 2014
Its because of the belief that there is stability in a paid job than business. Due to the cyclical nature of our economy a good business today can suffer a downturn tomorrow

30 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by henryobinna(m): 10:28am On Jul 01, 2014
I don't know! don't ask me

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Rich4god(m): 10:28am On Jul 01, 2014
or better still, why do some ladies prefer already made guys than those who are still struggling....

12 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by BrAkingNews: 10:28am On Jul 01, 2014
Because most ladies, again MOST ladies, are hmmmm, I don't want to insult anyone today, cos today is the first day of last half of the year

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by rozayx5(m): 10:29am On Jul 01, 2014
undecided undecided
thats your own experience, what i know is women chase successful men, whether in business or corporate jobs
nothing better than being the boss cool cool

68 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by chibwike(m): 10:29am On Jul 01, 2014
Man na Man...whether status job or rich buisness...ask a lady thats 38 and still unmarried.

22 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by BrAkingNews: 10:29am On Jul 01, 2014
brosiye99: Its because of the belief that there is stability in a paid job than business. Due to the cyclical nature of our economy a good business today can suffer a downturn tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by NoQualms1(f): 10:30am On Jul 01, 2014
They are ignorant. Father forgive them for they know not what they are saying.

12 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by tayork(m): 10:30am On Jul 01, 2014
I don't agree with you, how many occasions have you seen that, maybe the one you seen was because the ladies dint love for money

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Olusanya333(m): 10:30am On Jul 01, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by martins0: 10:31am On Jul 01, 2014
I don't really think most ladies care whether you wear suit or jeans, just make decent living and get the cash flowing,..you are good to go!

17 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by condralbede(m): 10:32am On Jul 01, 2014
Google is guide....wait let me ask him!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by bigboss80s(m): 10:32am On Jul 01, 2014
Dude. What are u on about??

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by TearsOfTheSun(m): 10:32am On Jul 01, 2014
Olusanya333: .
henryobinna: h
chibwike: .
snika: OK
.com:
wait
See them tongue

15 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Big4wig(m): 10:32am On Jul 01, 2014
Single doesn't mean lonely. Relationship doesn't mean happy."

15 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by snika: 10:33am On Jul 01, 2014
Look lady, I don't want to work for another man's dream. Go marry a slave if you wish

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by 9jahubcom(m): 10:33am On Jul 01, 2014
wait
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by imsuboi(m): 10:33am On Jul 01, 2014
Fish brains tongue

17 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by zeb04(f): 10:35am On Jul 01, 2014
brosiye99: Its because of the belief that there is stability in a paid job than business. Due to the cyclical nature of our economy a good business today can suffer a downturn tomorrow
you maybe right

@Rich4god trust me,it is not every lady thay likes the extremly rich guys.....you know they say wealthy guys are arrogant,most ladies have that impression alredy. Most of my single lady frnds just prefer the comfortable level headed guy.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by mkoabiola: 10:36am On Jul 01, 2014
Op,Ar u nigerian,I doubt
Money na money to women
Dey don't care wheather na biz or white collar job,all dey want is ur cash
Ds ur comparison is nt for our nja ladies

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by NosaHenry(m): 10:36am On Jul 01, 2014
Because that is the question their parents will ask them. What does he do for a living? And most parents don't like self employed.

27 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by anselm791(m): 10:36am On Jul 01, 2014
I think it's cause business men have plenty time to write all these plenty story instead of just asking in one simple sentence. And maybe the stability thing mentioned earlier.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by chibwike(m): 10:36am On Jul 01, 2014
TearsOfTheSun:

See them
lol...bro na wetin sure pass be that oh...coz before you finish typing ur comments...Emptyhen don carry go page 3 or 4...so na to book am ist...then later we'd say our own opinion.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by whisper88(m): 10:37am On Jul 01, 2014
G

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Eyop: 10:37am On Jul 01, 2014
My brother your heading should be why do "some ladies". Not all ladies will prefer status job to a rich businessman. It also depends on what type of business you are talking about. If it's a corporate style of business then only a foolish girl or lady will prefer that to answering yes sir to another man's company but if it's a disorganize type of business then i can understand. It's all about choice.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by bigx(m): 10:38am On Jul 01, 2014

Don't you think businesses suffering downturn would lead to "paid employees" of those businesses loosing their steady paycheck too?

@OP it seems your friend isn't successful enough yet, for them to ask why not get "another job" which babe go tell Dangote & friends to "get another job"? undecided

14 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Sweetlemon(f): 10:38am On Jul 01, 2014
You mean ladies parents? Which doesn't even happen anymore.

For example, I don't care if you are self employed or a company staff. All I want to know is that what you are doing is legal, you are well connected and determined to succeed and that you have a good head on your shoulders.
In fact even if you have a regular salary job, I don't care if your salary is 20 million per year, I like guys guys who can be their own men. I like watching guys give orders. Having a business doing on the side shows that you are a go-getter and not likely to be broke easily. It shows you are a step ahead of your peers.

Besides who says that there is security with paid employment? That person certainly doesn't live in Nigeria!

12 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by henryobinna(m): 10:39am On Jul 01, 2014
TearsOfTheSun:

See them tongue
hahahaha grin bad belle.I first you.....
I be second to comment tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by justi4jesu(f): 10:39am On Jul 01, 2014
Lemme go and think why embarassed
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by GovWahala: 10:40am On Jul 01, 2014
That's not true.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings / How Can I Get My Man To Do The "Door Knocking"? / Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.