Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,546 members, 7,837,092 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? (34436 Views)

Guys, Which Do You Prefer, A Beautiful Face Or A Banging Body? / Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? / Which Would You Ladies Prefer: A Rich Cheat Or A Broke Faithful Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 01, 2014
pro01:

If you narrow it down to (Federal) government workers, I'll understand that perfectly. The salaries may be poor in many cases, but the 'Nigerian Factor' of corruption and sharp practices means that there is almost-always room for raking up a fortune through 'runs' at some point during one's long career trajectory. Even when there isn't 'runs' money available, the salary, benefits, and rock-solid job security is more than enough to find solace in. It's almost as if you need to commit murder before you would stand the risk of being sacked. Add that to the wonderful working hours (8am - 4pm, and even less in many cases) which means that one has time for other things. Little wonder (Federal) government workers are in hot demand for spouse-hunters.

Then again, we can't all work for the governmet - less than 1% of the employee population of Nigeria are government workers.

That I understand perfectly.

That one loves a thing doesn't mean it is readily available. Sometimes, you just have to make do with what you have.

What i do not understand is people thinking everyone must love business or business men. I do not expect everyone to like 9-4 peeps, they should do likewise and stop being overly defensive.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Rich4god(m): 4:28pm On Jul 01, 2014
omo harry:
Because those who are still struggling will now realized later, when they have arrived, that the lady that has been struggling with him is not good enough for him anymore. So Guy get off your little hill and look for something to do to make a living . Responsible men dont complain about why ladies like already men, rather they would rather focus on how they will be financially ok to start a family. Men that complain like this usually have self esteem.
you see yoursef... Where on earth did I say guys with nothing doing... I said guys who are struggling and if you can think well, you should be able to decipher what I mean... Truth is, SOME girls dont give guys who are still struggling a chance to approach them...
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 01, 2014
Sweetlemon:

As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. I totally respect men like you. This is what being a man is all about.
Thanks a lot. I am currently a small starter. I own a small scale groundnut processing factory, a small (broiler) poultry farm, a small scale car-wash centre(which I channel the income to my mum) and currently working on starting a block industry (have to pause on this and wait till after my wedding b4 I fully venture into it ). I think big, very much big. I plan on running at least 20bizneses b4 2020, so help me God.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 01, 2014
agonbello: Thanks madam. Seriously can't wait to join the club grin

Nice to see some young men loving and having so much faith in the marriage institution.

[s]Only just realised this is in the Romance section. No wonder. . . [/s]grin tongue
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by DikSin(m): 4:36pm On Jul 01, 2014
BrAkingNews: Because most ladies, again MOST ladies, are hmmmm, I don't want to insult anyone today, cos today is the first day of last half of the year

Complete ur sentence nau!

Okay let me help u: because most ladies sorry ashi! are as senseless as this slut called simply_me. She did 4rk with a monkey on a mango tree; sometimes in april
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Sweetlemon(f): 4:40pm On Jul 01, 2014
agonbello: Thanks a lot. I am currently a small starter. I own a small scale groundnut processing factory, a small (broiler) poultry farm, a small scale car-wash centre(which I channel the income to my mum) and currently working on starting a block industry (have to pause on this and wait till after my wedding b4 I fully venture into it ). I think big, very much big. I plan on running at least 20bizneses b4 2020, so help me God.

Most businesses start small dear. What matters is determination to succeed with clear laid down goals which you already have. The sky is only your starting point.

Let me give you this small, useful advice. Stay off social media as much as possible unless for business purposes. Use the time spent on social media to socialize, meet people that can introduce you to more people/prospective business associates/customers because the life blood of any business is your customers.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 01, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Most businesses start small dear. What matters is determination to succeed with clear laid down goals which you already have. The sky is only your starting point.

Let me give you this small, useful advice. Stay off social media as much as possible unless for business purposes. Use the time spent on social media to socialize, meet people that can introduce you to more people/prospective business associates/customers because the life blood of any business is your customers.
Wow. Thanks a lot. Your advice deserves to be written with an ink made from melted gold. Thanks once again.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Chilug(m): 4:49pm On Jul 01, 2014
Business makes u available every time, and a business man have a steady cash flow that makes him always available and always able to meet her financial demand that can be boring in a relationship but a person with a status job is d opposite and u know d less time u give to a woman or she can get the more she demand for it and vice versa.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 01, 2014
Op, not all ladies.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Sweetlemon(f): 4:58pm On Jul 01, 2014
Phema:
That I understand perfectly.
That one loves a thing doesn't mean it is readily available. Sometimes, you just have to make do with what you have.
What i do not understand is people thinking everyone must love business or business men. I do not expect everyone to like 9-4 peeps, they should do likewise and stop being overly defensive.

Nobody says you shouldn't have your own preference. Not me. I'm only laughing at your naive belief that 9-5 jobs are more secure and stable in this present day Nigeria.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 01, 2014
rozayx5: undecided undecided
thats your own experience, what i know is women chase successful men, whether in business or corporate jobs
nothing better than being the boss cool cool

True that, I wonder where this dude got his research from ladies prefer workers with basic salary than a successful business man.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 01, 2014
Chilug: Business makes u available every time, and a business man have a steady cash flow that makes him always available and always able to meet her financial demand that can be boring in a relationship but a person with a status job is d opposite and u know d less time u give to a woman or she can get the more she demand for it and vice versa.

I disagree with you,not for a naija babe
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 01, 2014
Sweetlemon:
Nobody says you shouldn't have your own preference. Not me. I'm only laughing at your naive belief that 9-5 jobs are more secure and stable in this present day Nigeria.

Good. Now you're talking to me and not just some "side talks".

I might be "naïve" but certainly not oblivious to what obtains in Nigeria as this is where I reside and work.

My preference for a certain kind of job must have been influenced by what I've seen and heard around me. I've many friends, family and colleagues who do 9-4/5 (stable government) jobs and I don't know any that has lost his/her job. That was why I kept mentioning "stable" which meant "Government" (especially Federal)

I donot want to start mentioning the people I know that claim to want to be their own bosses but end up making lil or nothing and keep hoping they will hit it big some day. They go borrowing to fund the so called business and before you know it, they are back to square one.

Does this mean there are no business people who are making it and hitting it big? No! Infact, most rich men we have in Nigeria are Business men. Do I want to live with the uncertainty of not knowing if/when he will hit it big? No! Again, preference!

I'm sorry I'm not such a risk taker. I like to play safe.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 01, 2014
Its a case of one man's meat being another man's poison... As simple as dat
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by GoodFaith: 5:37pm On Jul 01, 2014
Phema:

Even with all the advice I may give, a business can hit the rock. Especially in this clime.

I may have a stable job but will also love him to have one too. Two good stable jobs are better than one, don't you think? wink

Nothing is sure ofcourse. One with a stable job may lose it, but how many do? I'm not talking about Banking jobs and the likes. Many elderly ones I know had one for many years and retired from it. Now, compare that to the instability in most businesses.

Anyways, like I said, its my preference. Some other ladies like rich business men. I've never liked business or men into it. I like career men with good and stable income. Men with jobs that provide environment for growth and career progression. That way, we can plan our family better.

I have a story for you
Real story
I work with some India
we talk about stable job or going out there to make more money
I said it will be nice to go out there to make more money as a contractor doing consulting
I said for me to do that
My wife must have stable job
six month later this dude became a contractor
I said I don't see him downstairs any more
Dude said he is now a contractor that I told him to become a contractor
I told him he was full of Shi?
There are job that will likely pay me $25,000.00 to $35,000.00b more
I kept my present job because of job security
in 5 year time ,
I will leave to go make the money, hopefully I will be in a great position to do that
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by crudedude(m): 5:45pm On Jul 01, 2014
Sweetlemon:

are businesses more secure and stable?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by crudedude(m): 5:46pm On Jul 01, 2014
GoodFaith:

I have a story for you
Really story
I work with some India
I said it will be nice to go out there to make more money as a contractor doing consulting
I said for me to do that
There are job that will likely pay me $25,000.00 to $35,000.00
in 5 year time ,
I will leave to go make the money, hopefully I will be in a great position to do that

what later happened to your contractor friend?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by GoodFaith: 5:49pm On Jul 01, 2014
crudedude:

what later happened to your contractor friend?
He became contractor like six months back. he have 3 year contract
I saw him last week
His wife work for the same institution but different division and location
The wife have 95% job security

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by crudedude(m): 5:52pm On Jul 01, 2014
GoodFaith:
He became contractor like six months back. he have 3 year contract
I saw him last week

Good for him.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 01, 2014
Hmm op u are hiding something here,tell us what is d nature of his business that make ladies ask him to get another job,,,maybe what is doing is not legal.ladies don't care biz or white collar job as long as there is money in it and is legal.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 01, 2014
GoodFaith:
I have a story for you
Real story
I work with some India
I said for me to do that
There are job that will likely pay me $25,000.00 to $35,000.00b more
in 5 year time ,

I fail to see the morale of your story. The man became a contractor, so?

I know some contractors who have gone into paid employment.

What was your message again?
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by GoodFaith: 6:11pm On Jul 01, 2014
Phema:

I fail to see the morale of your story. The man became a contractor, so?

I know some contractors who have gone into paid employment.

What was your message again?
The morale of the story is this dude took the risk
Because his wife can support the family
If anything happen to his contract
The wife provided that stability
The health care coverage was from his wife job
I have seeing contract cancelled after five months
contract not renewed
"What was your message again"-- wife can help to create a stable enviroment
Not just all about pu
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Tobetoe(m): 6:15pm On Jul 01, 2014
brosiye99: Its because of the belief that there is stability in a paid job than business. Due to the cyclical nature of our economy a good business today can suffer a downturn tomorrow
i disagree with u jare.. Good business is a life time investment,d case study here is d reverse of what u just deduced. .wit a paid job,u could be fired at any fu*king time,business being an investment u control any risk incurred witout being reduced to a mere jobber..bro think B.I.G (Business instead of Game)

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by obioraval(m): 6:19pm On Jul 01, 2014
Richiy: most of these business men cannot satisfy a lady intellectually. For some of us, intellect counts above money.
hmmm... I am aspiring to be a Phd Holder in Electrical Engineering... Hope you will Marry me for my Intellect... grin
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 01, 2014
GoodFaith:
The morale of the story is this dude took the risk
Because his wife can support the family
If anything happen to his contract
The wife provided that stability
The health care coverage was from his wife job
I have seeing contract cancelled after five months
contract not renewed
"What was your message again"-- wife can help to create a stable enviroment
Not just all about pu

Oh, I get you now. Yes, you are correct. If one person has a stable job, it won't be so bad when the business chips are down.

The one that is a big NO for me is when the only employed spouse (especially the man) suddenly decides to resign and "be his own boss". Often times, it doesn't end so well.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by JoeCutie(m): 7:01pm On Jul 01, 2014
Odilafta:

Yea tongue
do you wear suits
Yeah; why?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 01, 2014
agonbello: Thanks a lot. I am currently a small starter. I own a small scale groundnut processing factory, a small (broiler) poultry farm, a small scale car-wash centre(which I channel the income to my mum) and currently working on starting a block industry (have to pause on this and wait till after my wedding b4 I fully venture into it ). I think big, very much big. I plan on running at least 20bizneses b4 2020, so help me God.
. Way to go my brother wish you success all the way. I say a big Amen to your plans.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Sweetlemon(f): 7:12pm On Jul 01, 2014
crudedude:

are businesses more secure and stable?

Businesses are more secure only when you've done your home work well. Learn the ropes and even if your business fails, you can always bounce back cos you've mastered your field.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Eyop: 7:14pm On Jul 01, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Businesses are more secure only when you've done your home work well. Learn the ropes and even if your business fails, you can always bounce back cos you've mastered your field.

Sister are you still on this matter? Hmmm you really have the time to explain. It would have been better if the argument was based on passion for business and not that business is not secure.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Tayeni(m): 8:18pm On Jul 01, 2014
Phema:

business should be something everybody should aspire to. No shame in starting out in life as a 9-5iver. But it wont be overambitious of one to want to work one's way up the ladder from the cubicle to the top floor. From working in the company to owning a piece of the company eventually.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by simiolu1(m): 8:43pm On Jul 01, 2014
Mad Cow:

SO you mean Cosmas Maduka is a grade-school drop out?! shocked shocked

O well! I am shocked but not surprised he made something out of himself.

Truth be told, I personally dont discriminate against anybody as I know a few enterprenuers that have gone on to make a killing in the business world. But like I pointed out, upbringing and outlook also differ one from another.

#StillShockedAtCosmasMaduka.. grin

Bro... Na true o.
I was watching his talk at ELC 2010 (a Daystar Program) and he said it MANY times.
In fact, he said one of his wife's uncles shot (gun!) at him once wen he was chykin d babe cos d Uncle tot it an insult that Cosmas (a Pry 3 dropout) wanted to marry a girl whose family is filled with Doctors, Lawyers, Engineers etc. What made it interesting was that his wife was present & she was just laughing
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by ELGREF(m): 9:33pm On Jul 01, 2014
I have the same problem, maybe it because my business are not yet boom to their taste

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

What I Saw At The Mall Yesterday / Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? / Is She Giving Me Greenlight? Should I Shoot My Shot?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.