Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,114 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? (34437 Views)

Guys, Which Do You Prefer, A Beautiful Face Or A Banging Body? / Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? / Which Would You Ladies Prefer: A Rich Cheat Or A Broke Faithful Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by crudedude(m): 12:28pm On Jul 02, 2014
Sweetlemon:

I wasn't circumventing (or whatever you mean) anything. Just saying hard facts most of us would rather deceive ourselves are not true. Can you point at one person who got a good job in a big company before 2007 without connections?

Yes without even blinking.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by theshadowknows: 1:11pm On Jul 02, 2014
I am not a lady, so my opinion could very well be wrong, but I'd like to state that no lady would feel comfortable with a bossy spouse. this is because there is a tendency for him to transfer his faustrations upon her especially when things go south.
I was once a hustler ( another word for struggling business man) though I'm currently employed ( don't ask where) I've noticed that the relationship I have with my spouse seems a lot better. though certainly not for the pay I receive now ( for I could earn more on my own a times) but having a stable job makes you have less worries/stress as compared to being on your own.....don't get me wrong its more dignifying to be one's own boss but it comes with a lot of sacrifices of which most ladies are not willing share.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 02, 2014
Sweetlemon:

10% indeed! You berra get your nose out of NL and see the real world! That's just one example. There are many women willing to foot bills these days. You need to go out more often to understand what I'm saying.

Dear I said below 30 years old, after graduation, after NYSC, how many ladies below 30 have a decent job ? I don't mean teaching job of N15, 000 or office clerk of N10, 000.

Let's not mention business because I know not up to 5% of Nigerian ladies below 30 are running a decent business with a valid shop address. I don't mean carrying boxers or suits around. I dont mean married ladies who their husbands obviously opened businesses for. Unless they be helping daddy or mummy run a shop.

Don't ask me to go out, my office is located on a federal road and I have two businesses. Still mingle with my former colleagues and undergraduates. I don't know what going out again means.

Financial prudence is a rarity among ladies They tend to spend whatever enters their hands immediately... I have only met two financially prudent ladies all my life. Not man dependence. Not man support. Not eating up of seed capital.

I know how many of them who have begged me to fund their business and this is what single ladies who claim business ladies go about doing..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 02, 2014
Sweetlemon:

I wasn't circumventing (or whatever you mean) anything. Just saying hard facts most of us would rather deceive ourselves are not true. Can you point at one person who got a good job in a big company before 2007 without connections?

What sort of generalizations is this ?

Define a big job.

Yes I started working in a multinational in sept 2006 without a connection.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 02, 2014
theshadowknows: I am not a lady, so my opinion could very well be wrong, but I'd like to state that no lady would feel comfortable with a bossy spouse. this is because there is a tendency for him to transfer his faustrations upon her especially when things go south.
I was once a hustler ( another word for struggling business man) though I'm currently employed ( don't ask where) I've noticed that the relationship I have with my spouse seems a lot better. though certainly not for the pay I receive now ( for I could earn more on my own a times) but having a stable job makes you have less worries/stress as compared to being on your own.....don't get me wrong its more dignifying to be one's own boss but it comes with a lot of sacrifices of which most ladies are not willing share.
Yes, it comes with lots of sacrifices. However, the sacrifices only last for the first few years (sometimes months )of ur biz.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 02, 2014
agonbello: Yes, it comes with lots of sacrifices. However, the sacrifices only last for the first few years (sometimes months )of ur biz.

There is over 70% likelihood that your first business will fail owing to inexperience.

But on a second try, you avoid your mistakes and start making good profit. Business is most times very unpredictable depending on nature of what you are doing.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by kizitoik2004(m): 1:28pm On Jul 02, 2014
who said women do prefer status job to rich dudes..? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Sweetlemon(f): 1:29pm On Jul 02, 2014
crudedude:

Yes without even blinking.

okpara ugo:
Define a big job.
okpara ugo:
Define a big job.

Sorry guys. I meant after 2007

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Sweetlemon(f): 1:30pm On Jul 02, 2014
okpara ugo:

Dear I said below 30 years old, after graduation, after NYSC, how many ladies below 30 have a decent job ? I don't mean teaching job of N15, 000 or office clerk of N10, 000.

Let's not mention business because I know not up to 5% of Nigerian ladies below 30 are running a decent business with a valid shop address. I don't mean carrying boxers or suits around. I dont mean married ladies who their husbands obviouly opened businesses for. Unless they be helping daddy or mummy run a shop.

Don't ask me to go out, my office is on a federal road and I have two businesses. Still mingle with my former colleagues and undergraduates. I don't know what going out again means.

Like I said you need to go out more often.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 02, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Sorry guys. I meant after 2007

Don't sorry me.

You love arguments.

I like facts and pictures..

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 02, 2014
okpara ugo:

There is over 70% likelihood that your first business will fail owing to inexperience.

But on a second try, you avoid your mistakes and start making good profit. Business is most times very unpredictable depending on nature of what you are doing.
You are right. Now as a wise entrepreneur, you don't wana be affected by that over 70% likelihood. So you work towards avoiding that by gathering experience before starting. Before I started my small scale oil-mill and poultry, I went for trainings at already existing ones, did lot of research and ask questions. When I started, I still hired someone that has many years of experience "working" in such businesses. Now with this alongside the Grace of God I avoided such failures.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 02, 2014
agonbello: You are right. Now as a wise entrepreneur, you don't wana be affected by that over 70% likelihood. So you work towards avoiding that by gathering experience before starting. Before I started my small scale oil-mill and poultry, I went for trainings at already existing ones, did lot of research and ask questions. When I started, I still hired someone that has many years of experience "working" in such businesses. Now with this alongside the Grace of God I avoided such failures.

According to topic, are you already married ?
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 02, 2014
kizitoik2004: who said women do prefer status job to rich dudes..? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided angry angry angry angry

Wealth doesn't fall from the sky and is not ready made.

How many girlfriends follow their male friends to the shop to hustle even when she is idle ?

But tell her you are a banker, that euphoria is enough respect among her friends. Hehehe.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Sweetlemon(f): 2:30pm On Jul 02, 2014
okpara ugo:

Don't sorry me.

You love arguments.

I like facts and pictures..

Oya produce pishure of someone who got a good job without connections after 2007 na
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 02, 2014
okpara ugo:

According to topic, are you already married ?
Am 25, will be getting married december this year GodsWillinggrin. My wife to be is 23, and a 400L nursing student.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 02, 2014
okpara ugo:

Wealth doesn't fall from the sky and is not ready made.

How many girlfriends follow their male friends to the shop to hustle even when she is idle ?

But tell her you are a banker, that euphoria is enough respect among her friends. Hehehe.
it looks as if many people consider business to be just owning a shop maybe in a big market. Travelling up and down in other to buy or sell.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Sweetlemon(f): 2:43pm On Jul 02, 2014
agonbello: it looks as if many people consider business to be just owning a shop maybe in a big market. Travelling up and down in other to buy or sell.

Abi o! Na wa o!
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Eyop: 2:48pm On Jul 02, 2014
agonbello: it looks as if many people consider business to be just owning a shop maybe in a big market. Travelling up and down in other to buy or sell.
Those are market traders and not business brother.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 02, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Abi o! Na wa o!
I wonder. They fail to realise that: that man in that big company, in a big, well furnished air-conditioned office, whose secretary must interview them b4 allowing them to submit dia CV which is addressed to him is a business man.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 02, 2014
agonbello: I wonder. They fail to realise that: that man in that big company, in a big, well furnished air-conditioned office, whose secretary must interview them b4 allowing them to submit dia CV which is addressed to him is a business man.
They also fail to realise that those banks, oil companies, telecom companies, etc are owned by business men.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by wetandhot: 8:32pm On Jul 02, 2014
agonbello: They also fail to realise that those banks, oil companies, telecom companies, etc are owned by business men.[/quote why do old man with sagging balls love young girls?Ha ha ha back at you!!!][left][/left][quote author=okpara ugo]I am a humble guy who has some rich friends who struggled their ways to the top without the golden spoon syndrome when they were born.

I happen to see that some guys who are out of relationship for one thing or the other or were unable to marry their first love are finding it very hard to settle down with ladies of their choice. These ladies aged between 22-27 tend to come around to enjoy expensive dates and enjoy driving in their cars but will hardly accede to a discussion on marriage.

One question they often ask these successful guys is, " Why not get another job ". One can easily see the concern on their faces when asking this question. Oftentimes these guys are shocked by these questions as some of them have worked in banks and telecom firms before meeting these girls. But right now developed businesses which they do and earn good profit comparable to their salaries as paid employees. In addition some have built good houses, own cars and businesses.

Very vivid is mike's case who was formerly a white collar job worker who when he was living in a one room apartment had many girlfriends and most of these girls were begging him for marriage. He counted about 3 girls who once knelt down in his room to ask for his hands in marriage. Mike now finds it hard to comprehend that now that he owns a business and drives a big car and occupy a big house, what he meets are player ladies. Mike has counted at least 5 of his lady friends who are asking him to get another bank job.

Mike tries to explain to them that getting another bank job is not the problem but meeting the banks deposit targets as he has dumped several offers in the past after he called it quit from the corporate world. One now wonders whether these ladies are disconnected from reality that one, there are no jobs and two, to maintain a job, one cannot actively maintain a thriving business.

Ken once discussed with me how often ladies accepted to be friends with him when he was on tie and suit and worked as an office assistant in a corporate firm. He had a wonderful command of english language though he capped his education at the OND level. He developed love for a particular business and started it while his younger brother ran the business for him he still maintained his job. Later on he found out that his profit from business started exceedinghos salary and he later quit his job to pursue his business fully. Today mike is very successful and lives in his own house, though still single. The ladies he sees are more interested in friendship than in settling down and he has also encountered same questions like," Why not get another job" from his lady friends.

To sum up this write up, why will a lady accept to date a bank contract staff with a salary of N60k or an oil company contract staff with a salary of N80k in preference to a businessman with proof of wealth ?
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Elxandre(m): 8:47pm On Jul 02, 2014
agonbello: Am 25, will be getting married december this year GodsWillinggrin. My wife to be is 23, and a 400L nursing student.
Bro, I feel 25 may be too young for an aspiring entrepreneur to get married.
Lets face it, marriage comes with alot of commitments and sacrifices which sometimes inadvertently gets into the way of ambition, sometimes in a hard way.

be very careful bro!
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 02, 2014
agonbello: Am 25, will be getting married december this year GodsWillinggrin. My wife to be is 23, and a 400L nursing student.

Wow, that's a record age in Nigeria for husband and wife. you must be a very focused person. marrying early eliminates wastes.

What money and time you will expend on ladies whose future you won't share will be spent on your wife and kids.

I love this...
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 02, 2014

Agonbello, you know what ? Most businesses started with buying and selling. Even Dangote did.

They buy and sell in bulk before moving into production and manufacturing. That is a natural process cycle in business growth.

You also mentioned big offices with Oga at the top and secretary occupying air conditioned office. it takes long time in business for one to get there. Some of we made mistakes of starting very big with large office spaces and branches and staff. You did find out you will soon close shop starting off that way when you are a newbie even with huge capital. Wow, it takes a gradual process to make such profit to support such overhead costs..
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 02, 2014
Elxandre:
Bro, I feel 25 may be too young for an aspiring entrepreneur to get married.
Lets face it, marriage comes with alot of commitments and sacrifices which sometimes inadvertently gets into the way of ambition, sometimes in a hard way.

be very careful bro!
25 too young for an aspiring entrepreneur? Hmmm, I don't think so. Marriage is orthogonal to career success. You can succeed in your career and fail at marriage. You can fail in career and succeed in marriage. Life is what you make it. It takes prayers, hard work, dedication, and a little luck.

I strongly believe that there’s nothing inherently about marriage itself that is limiting, or ties one down. Those
constraints and chains are in one's head. If one is passionate enough about something, he will chase it irrespective of his marital status. The fact that one has a responsibility to take care of should be a great supporting pillar of one's ambition of chasing an entrepreneurial dream.

I also believe that a good strong relationship provides a solid ballast for those times when one is down in the dumps, or confused. A good partner is oftentimes a good sounding board, and sometimes even a personal mentor and coach. Few can understand one's motivations, drive and problems better.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 02, 2014
okpara ugo:

Agonbello, you know what ? Most businesses started with buying and selling. Even Dangote did.

They buy and sell in bulk before moving into production and manufacturing. That is a natural process cycle in business growth.

You also mentioned big offices with Oga at the top and secretary occupying air conditioned office. it takes long time in business for one to get there. Some of we made mistakes of starting very big with large office spaces and branches and staff. You did find out you will soon close shop starting off that way when you are a newbie even with huge capital. Wow, it takes a gradual process to make such profit to support such overhead costs..
Yh, u might be right. However I don't agree with the word "most" I go with "many" businesses started with buying and selling, but not all. My first business is a car-wash centre, 2nd is an oil-mill, 3rd is a poultry farm.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 02, 2014
okpara ugo:

Yh, u might be right. However I don't agree with the word "most" I go with "many" businesses started with buying and selling, but not all. My first business is a car-wash centre, 2nd is an oil-mill, 3rd is a poultry farm. I have a nice office at my factory but I don't have a secretary, am still a small starter
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 02, 2014
okpara ugo:

Wow, that's a record age in Nigeria for husband and wife. you must be a very focused person. marrying early eliminates wastes.

What money and time you will expend on ladies whose future you won't share will be spent on your wife and kids.

I love this...
You are absolutely right sir, thanks for the encouragement.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Elxandre(m): 10:04pm On Jul 02, 2014
agonbello: 25 too young for an aspiring entrepreneur? Hmmm, I don't think so. Marriage is orthogonal to career success. You can succeed in your career and fail at marriage. You can fail in career and succeed in marriage. Life is what you make it. It takes prayers, hard work, dedication, and a little luck.

I strongly believe that there’s nothing inherently about marriage itself that is limiting, or ties one down. Those
constraints and chains are in one's head. If one is passionate enough about something, he will chase it irrespective of his marital status. The fact that one has a responsibility to take care of should be a great supporting pillar of one's ambition of chasing an entrepreneurial dream.

I also believe that a good strong relationship provides a solid ballast for those times when one is down in the dumps, or confused. A good partner is oftentimes a good sounding board, and sometimes even a personal mentor and coach. Few can understand one's motivations, drive and problems better.
I don't want to sound pessimistic.
But can you still take some weird financial risks knowing that any misjudgment would affect not just your family?

Who can predict post-marriage storms ?
I just happen to be a realist, even though I'm a christian.

But take extreme measures to be sure she'd support you enough.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 02, 2014
Elxandre:
I don't want to sound pessimistic.
But can you still take some weird financial risks knowing that any misjudgment would affect not just your family?

Who can predict post-marriage storms ?
I just happen to be a realist, even though I'm a christian.

But take extreme measures to be sure she'd support you enough.
Thanks for the advice. Speaking about her support, I do share my ideas, ambitions, goals, plans with her, and she do advice me on things. Before I started my 2nd biz, I was working for an Agro Alied company. I was contemplating on quitting the job and focussing completely on implementing my business plans. I asked for her advice on what to do, and she said ".... If you believe you can make it, I believe in you, go ahead..."
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 02, 2014
agonbello: 25 too young for an aspiring entrepreneur? Hmmm, I don't think so. Marriage is orthogonal to career success. You can succeed in your career and fail at marriage. You can fail in career and succeed in marriage. Life is what you make it. It takes prayers, hard work, dedication, and a little luck.

With the bolded, you just summarized my need.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Sowl(m): 5:51am On Jul 03, 2014
rozayx5: undecided undecided
thats your own experience, what i know is women chase successful men, whether in business or corporate jobs
nothing better than being the boss cool cool

Thank you jaare,beta pikin,don't know where this hommie got his theory from,but wat i do know his 80% of ladyz would do anythin to keep such men to themselves rather than what he is tryin to paint to us here,as i can see,it only happens to that his friend,maybe there is more to the guyz wealth than meets the eye.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

What I Saw At The Mall Yesterday / Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? / Is She Giving Me Greenlight? Should I Shoot My Shot?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.