Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,200 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? (34439 Views)

Guys, Which Do You Prefer, A Beautiful Face Or A Banging Body? / Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? / Which Would You Ladies Prefer: A Rich Cheat Or A Broke Faithful Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by maryhaam(f): 11:52am On Jul 01, 2014
Missmossy: The reason is obvious. So many things these rich business men won't get right!

Dress sense

Appearance

Spoken English and so many other essentials which a man who is well learned or literate would know how to do appropriately.

the dress sense is a yes for me,not expensive dressing as such Atleast a good sense of dressing,any job na job,so far it foot d bill and it legit.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Richiy(f): 11:52am On Jul 01, 2014
Debroslink:
Small girl. Go and prepare for your GCE. We are talking about money, business and relationship, u are talking about intellect.
Knowledge is power and a key to all these things you mentioned.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 01, 2014
Billyonaire: The OP is writing rubbish. I have been in both worlds and I can tell you that you are lying.

Oga tell your story...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Missmossy(f): 11:53am On Jul 01, 2014
MizMyColi: Hian! Babe, you're right oo but there r some business men tho'.......Lemee Gist You. Where I live, there's this Family, we're relatives though. They're 10 boys, no girl. Hmmmm.......Babe, these guys are cute and cultured, talk about dress sense, talk of being graduates, talk about spoken English, money in the pocket nko? shocked shocked shocked Yet they're all business men, all of them. Azzzin...... lipsrsealed
Hmmmmcheesy your head is therewink

Here is some one who understands how it works not an uncultured lady who opens her mouth and blurts out what ever comes in.

10 boys ke? How come? Their mama try oo "grin" "grin"

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by bliss2al(m): 11:53am On Jul 01, 2014
brosiye99: Its because of the belief that there is stability in a paid job than business. Due to the cyclical nature of our economy a good business today can suffer a downturn tomorrow

paid job dat u can be fired any f**king tym?... business may not be good today but can be good tomorrow..self employment is de best...
I'll rather be d one to fire...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by lilmax(m): 11:53am On Jul 01, 2014
Whats your name?

Wife:my name is mrs mariah

Whats your husband‘s name and occupation?

Mr.wilson,a buisness man
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 01, 2014
If someone asked me wia I work, I do tell them I work with "(AGS Ltd)" AgonBello Global Services".

»They do ask wia is it located, "I tell them the office/factory address".

»They ask what is the company into I tell them "agriculture, food processing, construction".

»They ask of my position in the company, and I tell them "am the MD".

»They are like wow, do the company belongs to your dad, uncle, etc?. I tell them "no, I founded it, and its mine grin.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Missmossy(f): 11:54am On Jul 01, 2014
maryhaam: the dress sense is a yes for me,not expensive dressing as such Atleast a good sense of dressing,any job na job,so far it foot d bill and it legit.
Your head is therewink
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:55am On Jul 01, 2014
Now,if a woman have the choice to choose from two rich guys she will have to scrutinize other aspects of their life.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 01, 2014
Mad Cow:

O!! My bad...

Okay..

If its educated Busniess men, then its prolly a thing of perception. I was raised by a father who had a 9 - 5 job and was surrounded by men with white & blue collar jobs with big titles. I had no clue about the business world for years and thought of it as a lower level of the coporate world until I beacme a young boss.

So some of those girls may also have similar mentality. They dont want to introduce their husbands as 'mere business men', they would rather have a title like 'The Manager, Head of Operations, Stanbic IBTC, Lagos', e.t.c.

Rightly said.

Title is what is lacking in the businessman. And these girls don't like it

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by class0247: 11:57am On Jul 01, 2014
Is simple,most business men are cheat and drinkers and most working class men although not all are responsible.
If was a girl I will rather follow a responsible working class man who is responsible and manage with him even though his salary is small than all this business men looking for hotels to devoid innocent girls,drinking and living I don't care life...
I know what I am saying.most of my friends are rich business men and I also have working class men as friends also.you cant compare
Both

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by ICEKID334(m): 11:57am On Jul 01, 2014
There belive that business may fall anytym
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by nitrogen(m): 11:58am On Jul 01, 2014
Simple, they want security.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by chronique(m): 11:58am On Jul 01, 2014
Ladies with intellect and wisdom would prefer a businessman with a vision. I was born into a family where my both parents were bankers and worked in the banking sector for over 60yrs combined together. Despite the fact that my dad worked with CBN,barclays(in the UK),FBN and my mum worked with cooperative bank and FBN,I still hate the banking sector and can't work there. Reason is that,my dad hardly had time for his family. Always moving from one place to the other. I'd rather burn my energy building my own business where I can dictate what happens,than answering yes sir to someone else for a 30 day salary. At times,I can do just one transaction,and earn almost half of what they pay the full staffs in the oil company,and far above what the bank boys earn in 30 days after waking up 4am and getting home 9pm in 30days. I can earn that in 30 mins or 1hr work a day,and still have time to do so many other stuffs. I studied accounting but can't work for anybody,irrespective of the salary involved. I'm like a bird that cherishes its freedom. If a lady wants me to pick up a tie wearing job cos she feels it's more prestigious than what I do,I'd gladly buy her a bottle of johnnie walker so she can keep walking away,far from me.

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by class0247: 11:58am On Jul 01, 2014
class0247: Is simple,most business men are cheat and drunkers and most working class men although not all are responsible.
If I was a girl I will rather follow a responsible working class man who is responsible and manage with him even though his salary is small than all these business men looking for hotels to devoid innocent girls,drinking and living I don't care life...
I know what I am saying.most of my friends are rich business men and I also have working class men as friends also.you cant compare
Both
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 01, 2014
lil max: Whats your name?

Wife:my name is mrs mariah

Whats your husband‘s name and occupation?

Mr.wilson,a buisness man

....."Mr. Wilson, he is the CEO of WilsonSmart Industries" sounds better.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 01, 2014
MizMyColi: Hian! Babe, you're right oo but there r some business men tho'.......Lemee Gist You. Where I live, there's this Family, we're relatives though. They're 10 boys, no girl. Hmmmm.......Babe, these guys are cute and cultured, talk about dress sense, talk of being graduates, talk about spoken English, money in the pocket nko? shocked shocked shocked Yet they're all business men, all of them. Azzzin...... lipsrsealed

I like this your story.

Have you said ''hi" to any of these guys ?

U know nah !
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by MadCow1: 12:02pm On Jul 01, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli:

You are just consoling yourself because of your poor financial status; Look,I grew up around those Igbo business men you talk about and you know what I found out ? Money rules the world?? No woman wants to be poor How can you be poor and classy? ??

Mazi Aroli,

I can not be described with any of the words Poor, Broke, poverty, Owu or even needy.. #Tufiakwa. Even you should know that about me.

Osina Nwata of Igboland... Nna, mgbe m'bido i'bu ozu.. Many of you were still attending lesson to pass JAMB. cool

Anyways, like I said.. Money isnt everything. I didnt even imply that any is better than the other. Its simply a matter of taste and upbringing. I grew up far away from businessmen and traders, I grew up around industry heavyweights and professionals in their various fields and always aspired towards that. When I grew up, thats when I began to understand the world of business. They are both cool.. But SOME women would not give it up for a 'business man' as easily as they would give it up for a 'Blue Collar professional'.

And indeed, Money does rule the world. #No Doubt.. But Money cant buy us everything we want..

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by obayaya(m): 12:04pm On Jul 01, 2014
In my part of Nigeria, Business men are Kings.

Business men over ndi na akwu udo with tie over here

Even umu boy (Apprentices) dey rep pass blue collar jobbers

Onitsha di egwu

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by juliebrown: 12:05pm On Jul 01, 2014
Nosa-Henry:
Because that is the question their parents will ask them. What does he do for a living? And most parents don't like self employed.
I Quite agree wit u on dis 1
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Afroconnect: 12:05pm On Jul 01, 2014
Guy its either ur business men friends have bad breath or they are totally wack.
Niger ladies smell money from afar-they don't mind sleeping with the local men,accummulating their money and remaining single.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 01, 2014
agonbello: If someone asked me wia I work, I do tell them I work with "(AGS Ltd)" AgonBello Global Services".

»They do ask wia is it located, "I tell them the office/factory address".

»They ask what is the company into I tell them "agriculture, food processing, construction".

»They ask of my position in the company, and I tell them "am the MD".

»They are like wow, do the company belongs to your dad, uncle, etc?. I tell them "no, I founded it, and its mine grin.

Packaging.. Hehehe...

Nah that effizy girls want...
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 01, 2014
People fail to realise the fact that apart from govt workers, every working class works for a business man. Work for GT Bank, Conoil, Shell, Dangote, Google, UAC, etc: you are working for business owner(s)

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by class0247: 12:09pm On Jul 01, 2014
Afro connect: Guy its either ur business men friends have bad breath or they are totally wack.
Niger ladies smell money from afar-they don't mind sleeping with the local men,accummulating their money and remainaning single.

And your wish is for your sister to marry a rich business man who go around looking for girls to sleep with...money is not everything
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by aggiel: 12:11pm On Jul 01, 2014
Op, I don't agree with u at all all, a businessman and a white collar job owner, any day any time i would pick my businessman, I don't fancy all those plenty plenty oyinbo speaking guys with knotted tie. I prefer my bubbling businessman with his 3 quarter shorts, Polo and a pair of snickers, those businessman can spend money die, vacation overseas Na water for them. Some of those corporate guys are quite stingy sometimes, I don't blame dem Sha, they are always overworked. I would go for a business guy, i want someone with business initiative like me.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by bongolistik(m): 12:11pm On Jul 01, 2014
mko abiola: Op,Ar u nigerian,I doubt
Money na money to women
Dey don't care wheather na biz or white collar job,all dey want is ur cash
Ds ur comparison is nt for our nja ladies
abeg tel d OP, he is truly mistaken. Weda na thief money sef dem go lik u more self nd ready marry u wela
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by 50calibre(m): 12:11pm On Jul 01, 2014
Where did the OP get this nonsense he is saying from? Who are these ladies that prefer a banker who salves all week to earn peanuts over a successful businessman who is a boss of himself, in what universe does that happen?

OP don't delude yourself because every woman will pick, without second thoughts a successful businessman anytime, anyday over a white collar guy who is basically a glorified slave.

Wake up and stop trying to console yourself.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by MizMyColi(f): 12:11pm On Jul 01, 2014
okpara ugo:

I like this your story.

Have you said ''hi" to any of these guys ?

U know nah !
Yes na.... grin grin they're my friends, and clients too. Save for the ones abroad.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 01, 2014
chronique: Ladies with intellect and wisdom would prefer a businessman with a vision. I was born into a family where my both parents were bankers and worked in the banking sector for over 60yrs combined together. Despite the fact that my dad worked with CBN,barclays(in the UK),FBN and my mum worked with cooperative bank and FBN,I still hate the banking sector and can't work there. Reason is that,my dad hardly had time for his family. Always moving from one place to the other. I'd rather burn my energy building my own business where I can dictate what happens,than answering yes sir to someone else for a 30 day salary. At times,I can do just one transaction,and earn almost half of what they pay the full staffs in the oil company,and far above what the bank boys earn in 30 days after waking up 4am and getting home 9pm in 30days. I can earn that in 30 mins or 1hr work a day,and still have time to do so many other stuffs. I studied accounting but can't work for anybody,irrespective of the salary involved. I'm like a bird that cherishes its freedom. If a lady wants me to pick up a tie wearing job cos she feels it's more prestigious than what I do,I'd gladly buy her a bottle of johnnie walker so she can keep walking away,far from me.

Thank you, the unemployed won't understand what stress that banker she admires is going through in life..
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:14pm On Jul 01, 2014
Mad Cow:

Mazi Aroli,

I can not be described with any of the words Poor, Broke, poverty, Owu or even needy.. #Tufiakwa. Even you should know that about me.

Osina Nwata of Igboland... Nna, mgbe m'bido i'bu ozu.. Many of you were still attending lesson to pass JAMB. cool

Anyways, like I said.. Money isnt everything. I didnt even imply that any is better than the other. Its simply a matter of taste and upbringing. I grew up far away from businessmen and traders, I grew up around industry heavyweights and professionals in their various fields and always aspired towards that. When I grew up, thats when I began to understand the world of business. They are both cool.. But SOME women would not give it up for a 'business man' as easily as they would give it up for a 'Blue Collar professional'.

And indeed, Money does rule the world. #No Doubt.. But Money cant buy us everything we want..

This gotta be Okija Juju....lol
Nnaa,I bu confirmed Akpa amu ooo lol
On a serious not,I was a street smart youngster who knew my way around girls but the game changed as I got older because the girls became smarter and won't fall for a line off a novel. Ya bu na nwa guy buluzia a hustler.
I never really liked working for people because I hate taking orders.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by MizMyColi(f): 12:16pm On Jul 01, 2014
Missmossy:
Hmmmmcheesy your head is therewink

Here is some one who understands how it works not an uncultured lady who opens her mouth and blurts out what ever comes in.

10 boys ke? How come? Their mama try oo "grin" "grin"
no be small thing oo, I dey respect the woman fala fala shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What I Saw At The Mall Yesterday / Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? / Is She Giving Me Greenlight? Should I Shoot My Shot?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.