Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? (7115 Views)

8 S *x Positions Guys Never EVER Want To Try With You ( Seriously!) / Ladies...would You Date A Guy Who Smokes Weed?? / Would You Break Up With A Boyfriend Who Smokes Marijuana? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by KarmaMod(f): 12:45am On Oct 07, 2008
Lmao why is it smokers get offended when people say they wouldnt date/marry smokers, OUR PERSONAL DECISION yet they go on and on about how it's their life and all that jargons

Bunch of clowns I tell ya

Smoking clowns cheesy
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 12:46am On Oct 07, 2008
HR.hotness:

I do!

i grew up in a house with smokers and for years i didnt understand what it was they always went outside to do. . .  

my philosophy is, its a free world. . . smoking is a personal decison just like choosing a certan brand of drink over another. . .  i respect other ppls decison not to smoke, i do hav a problem when they get in my face for [size=10ptz]MY own decison to smoke with MY own loungs. I really can't stand d holier-than-thou attitude som people take to smoking. fine, u don't want to die, i get it! i am not afraid of dying so let me be!
It isn't holer than thou, it's just that most people not to the risks and consequences of smoking and do not want to end up in such a position smiley
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by idupaul: 12:46am On Oct 07, 2008
But how is smoking essential to the body, is it categorized as exercise or what?

It chases away evil spirits.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by KarmaMod(f): 12:47am On Oct 07, 2008
idupaul:

grin
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by jennykadri: 12:48am On Oct 07, 2008
idupaul:

LMAO grin grin
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:48am On Oct 07, 2008
eth·ics [éthiks]
noun
study of morality's effect on conduct: the study of moral standards and how they affect conduct (takes a singular verb)

Microsoft® Encarta® 2007. © 1993-2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

mo·ral·i·ty [mə rállətee, maw rállətee]
(plural mo·ral·i·ties)
noun
1. accepted moral standards: standards of conduct that are generally accepted as right or proper
2. how right or wrong something is: the rightness or wrongness of something as judged by accepted moral standards
3. virtuous behavior: conduct that is in accord with accepted moral standards
4. moral lesson: a lesson in moral behavior

Microsoft® Encarta® 2007. © 1993-2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

I am indifferent to smoking. I did not grow up with any smokers nor in an environment where smoking was permitted.

Ruby_Pearl:

Yes smoking kills.
And all those kill.
But smoking does not kill right away, unless you're willing to kill yourself once the doc diagnose you with emphysema, lung cancer, bronchitis etc.
Apart from that, driving is essential, eating is essential, drinking (non alcoholic) is essential, swimming (maybe not so essential unless its done as a career). . . .all this are important part of living.
But how is smoking essential to the body, is it categorized as exercise or what?

It depends. I smoke to calm my nerves. As a substitute for caffine. It different for different peeps.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by jennykadri: 12:51am On Oct 07, 2008
why all this debate sef

smokers since its ur choice,continue smoking and don't get offended when people like me say we can't marry ur type

non smokers since its ur choice ,continue and don't get offended when smokers criticise u for judging them

simple
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 12:51am On Oct 07, 2008
HR.hotness:

I do!

i grew up in a house with smokers and for years i didnt understand what it was they always went outside to do. . .

my philosophy is, its a free world. . . smoking is a personal decison just like choosing a certan brand of drink over another. . . i respect other ppls decison not to smoke, i do hav a problem when they get in my face for [size=10ptz]MY own decison to smoke with MY own loungs. I really can't stand d holier-than-thou attitude som people take to smoking. fine, u don't want to die, i get it! i am not afraid of dying so let me be!
Oh plzzz, calm down and go siddon somewhere.

You're so quick to blow up like a needle on a turgid balloon.

When we stated that we don't want to be a smoker, hows that disrespecting your decision?

When we're basically stating our opinion and what we thought is wrong and right.

jorrr, go and find a year and smoke yourself away. Nonsense.

So not wanting to be a smoking is being holy? we're talking about health here and you're. . . . hiss.

people like this annoy me, shior. undecided If we say we'd rather be slim, it'd be "we're disrespecting the BBW decision"
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by HRhotness(f): 12:52am On Oct 07, 2008
KarmaMod:

Lmao why is it smokers get offended when people say they wouldnt date/marry smokers, OUR PERSONAL DECISION yet they go on and on about how it's their life and all that jargons

Bunch of clowns I tell ya

Smoking clowns cheesy

I don't hav a problem with people who want to stay away frm smokers. . .  quite frankly i prefer it that way so i don't hav to listen to ur constant preaching. . .

i do hav a prblem with folk like u who try to make out like there is an award or somethinh for not smoking. HAve u ever heard d trem "live and let live"?. . . its about tolerance. i smoke u don't, must we make a big deal out of it? instead u go around screamin smoking is unethical, smoking is wrong. . .  news flash, we each hav our won lives to live, we each decide whats right and wrong for US,  . .  nothin gives u d right to come and dictate to me whats right or wrong. . . thats why we r all given d gift of free will
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 12:55am On Oct 07, 2008
Okija_juju:

It depends. I smoke to calm my nerves. As a substitute for caffine. It different for different peeps.

Better pesin, talk to me jor.

So how long does smoking calm your nerves until your nerves begin acting up again. abi which one is it?
So you'd rather have a few mins of calmness, regardless of the possible harm it's causing your body.
na addiction I call it o
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by KarmaMod(f): 12:55am On Oct 07, 2008
when did I say smoking is unethical. Dont quote me and use other people's words against me.

Wanna quote me, use MY words to support your arguement

capice?
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by plusQueen: 12:56am On Oct 07, 2008
I hate smokers period.
I want them banished from my city.
The restaurants don chase them comot.
Our workplace has banned smoking within 100 metres of the campus so they now puff across the street in some remote corner
and it's automatic firing if caught smoking within or around the hospital
Airlines banished them since the nineties
They should cuddle up amongst themselves and smoke themselves to death
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by HRhotness(f): 12:57am On Oct 07, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Oh plzzz, calm down and go siddon somewhere.

You're so quick to blow up like a needle on a turgid balloon.

When we stated that we don't want to be a smoker, hows that disrespecting your decision?

When we're basically stating our opinion and what we thought is wrong and right.

jorrr, go and find a year and smoke yourself away. Nonsense.

So not wanting to be a smoking is being holy? we're talking about health here and you're. . . . hiss.
people like this annoy me, shior. undecided If we say we'D rather be slim, it'D be "we're disrespecting the BBW decision"

I can see the English language isnt one of ur strongest suits
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by KarmaMod(f): 12:57am On Oct 07, 2008
People gave reasons for why they wouldnt date smokers, yet YOU went around questioning these people's reasons now you are coming here crying that people are acting holy.

Lmfao. Abeg berra go "calm your nerves" with a gay and make we hear word
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by plusQueen: 12:58am On Oct 07, 2008
Okija u don't smoke to calm any nerves if not your first cigarette would have done so.
You smoke because you're addicted to nicotine.
You're an addict.
Speak the truth to yourself
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by KarmaMod(f): 12:59am On Oct 07, 2008
Someone who cant even write a sentence without ONE abbreviation is bashing someone else's English

Rofl. Naiaraland will NOT kill me
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by plusQueen: 12:59am On Oct 07, 2008
HR.hotness:

I can see the English language[b] isnt one of ur strongest suits[/b]

and yours neither grin
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 12:59am On Oct 07, 2008
HR.hotness:

I can see the English language isnt one of ur strongest suits
Actually, it's not.
Yoruba is one of my strongest suits.
Now that that's out of the way, we can go back to the subject at hand.
You have problem with me thinking that smoking is unethical?
Deal with it, like I've always done. Having to live you stinky ppl.

Imagine, every time I come upon a smoker, I have to roll up my car window or cross to the other street so I won't be contaminated.
What is that nonsense. angry
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by jennykadri: 1:00am On Oct 07, 2008
Hr i think dat rubys mistake is typo undecided
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Sauron1: 1:00am On Oct 07, 2008
HR.hotness:

I don't hav a problem with people who want to stay away frm smokers. . .  quite frankly i prefer it that way so i don't hav to listen to ur constant preaching. . .

If u take the issue of 2nd hand smoking out of it. . . . . . I don't have a problem with people who smoke.
Can i marry or date one?? Hell to the No.

i do hav a prblem with folk like u who try to make out like there is an award or somethinh for not smoking. HAve u ever heard d trem "live and let live"?. . . its about tolerance. i smoke u don't, must we make a big deal out of it? instead u go around screamin smoking is unethical, smoking is wrong. . .  news flash, we each hav our won lives to live, we each decide whats right and wrong for US,  . .  nothin gives u d right to come and dictate to me whats right or wrong. . . thats why we r all given d gift of free will

If u choose to smoke . . . . .Good luck to u.
As long as u accept the risks surrounding smoking, u are good to go.
No one would live forever, something has to kill someone.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Cayon(f): 1:00am On Oct 07, 2008
i grew up in a home where smoking and drinking is forbidden.  When I moved to the USA, i started drinking (following co-workers every wednesday and Friday nights) I knew it was wrong but was afraid to say no.  Well i am proud to say I don't drink anymore.  Just give me apple cider
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by KarmaMod(f): 1:01am On Oct 07, 2008
plus_Queen:

grin

But osisi, dont you know that if smoking doesnt kill a person, auto accidents can?!

*rolls eyes* awon illiterate oshi.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 1:02am On Oct 07, 2008
Imagine, I went to work at the hospital this afternoon. (assisting a nurse)
One of my patient was a woman.
Suffering from lung cancer. . . . passive smoker.
Nonsense. She never chose to smoke.
But I guess one of her family members couldn't help him/herself
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by plusQueen: 1:03am On Oct 07, 2008
I would have knocked thefront teeth out of any black lipped,brown toothed smokers that came near me.
They stink like skunks
even all their tom tom can't take away that stinky breath
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by HRhotness(f): 1:04am On Oct 07, 2008
jennykadri:

Hr i think that rubys mistake is typo undecided

wasnt talkin about her typo. . .  she is absoluetly clueless about what i am talkin about

@ ruby and evrybody else trying to start sumthin
pls read d thread properly and quit tryin to pick fights. . . incase u havnt noticed, i dont go insults
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:04am On Oct 07, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Better pesin, talk to me jor.

So how long does smoking calm your nerves until your nerves begin acting up again. abi which one is it?
So you'D rather have a few mins of calmness, regardless of the possible harm it's causing your body.
na addiction I call it o

It was a thing I started in school. During examination periods, I was able to stay awake and calm with my cigs around. then it spread to other things. But I have it under control now. I never exceed a pack a day no matter the circumstance.

plus_Queen:

I hate smokers period.
I want them banished from my city.
The restaurants don chase them comot.
Our workplace has banned smoking within 100 metres of the campus so they now puff across the street in some remote corner
and it's automatic firing if caught smoking within or around the hospital
Airlines banished them since the nineties

Is this the best arguement you could come up with?? Seriously, its better to shut the fuk up than to talk and display ignorance.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by jennykadri: 1:05am On Oct 07, 2008
Okija_juju:

It was a thing I started in school. During examination periods, I was able to stay awake and calm with my cigs around. then it spread to other things. But I have it under control now. I never exceed a pack a day no matter the circumstance.

Is this the best arguement you could come up with?? Seriously, its better to shut the fuk up than to talk and display ignorance.

God have mercy, a pack a day?watever for

oh sorry
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by plusQueen: 1:05am On Oct 07, 2008
KarmaMod:

grin

But osisi, don't you know that if smoking doesnt kill a person, auto accidents can?!

*rolls eyes* awon illiterate oshi.

ROFL.
at least if one was knocked down by a car,you died of an accident,if you were killed by lung cancer for smoking,you killed yourself
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 1:06am On Oct 07, 2008
HR.hotness:

@ ruby and evrybody else trying to start sumthin
please read d thread properly and quit tryin to pick fights. . . incase u havnt noticed, i don't go insults
lmao! Only if I had the time, I'd dig out a thread or two with you insulting a Nler.
But when the truth slaps you in the face, you go all innocent.
I like that, I should try it once in a while. (Not smoking o, abeg!)
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:06am On Oct 07, 2008
[size=18pt]So I ask;

Are you willing to miss out on perfection just because he or she smokes??
[/size]
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by plusQueen: 1:07am On Oct 07, 2008
Okija_juju:

Thunder fire you and your charred lungs
idiot! grin
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 1:08am On Oct 07, 2008
Okija_juju:

[size=18pt]So I ask;

Are you willing to miss out on perfection just because he or she smokes??
[/size]

Yes!!! I will not endanger my children's health just because he couldn't help not smoking around them.
I hate their odor
Nasty teeth
red eye
ughhhhhhhhhhh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Conversation Between A Tired Man And His Girlfriend Has Got People Talking / Tribal Mark Model, Adetutu OJ Leaves Little To The Imagination As She Goes Naked / What Can I Take To Last Long When Having Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.