Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? (7117 Views)

8 S *x Positions Guys Never EVER Want To Try With You ( Seriously!) / Ladies...would You Date A Guy Who Smokes Weed?? / Would You Break Up With A Boyfriend Who Smokes Marijuana? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:08am On Oct 07, 2008
plus_Queen:

Thunder fire you and your charred lungs
idiot! grin

I guess you are expecting a reply??  
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by jennykadri: 1:09am On Oct 07, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Yes!!! I will not endanger my children's health just because he couldn't help not smoking around them.
I hate their odor
Nasty teeth
red eye
ughhhhhhhhhhh
u forgot to add the black lips
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Sauron1: 1:09am On Oct 07, 2008
Okija_juju:

[size=18pt]So I ask;

Are you willing to miss out on perfection just because he or she smokes??
[/size]

Yes.
2nd hand smoking aint something that would make me happy if i die of it.
Why should i die of something i didn't enjoy??
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 1:09am On Oct 07, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Yes!!! I will not endanger my children's health just because he couldn't help not smoking around them.
I hate their odor
Nasty teeth
red eye
ughhhhhhhhhhh
Thankyou Jare

Roflmao @ Aunty Jenny!! Black Lips!!
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 1:09am On Oct 07, 2008
Okija_juju:

It was a thing I started in school. During examination periods, I was able to stay awake and calm with my cigs around. then it spread to other things. But I have it under control now. I never exceed a pack a day no matter the circumstance.
Darling, you have nothing under control.
You still can't stayed a year or months without smoking.
You're a smoker, period!
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by plusQueen: 1:09am On Oct 07, 2008
Okija_juju:

[size=18pt]So I ask;

Are you willing to miss out on perfection just because he or she smokes??
[/size]

perfection that smokes?
ROFL
Ii's like asking if I can marry this perfect gentleman that farts impulsively shocked shocked

NO!
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by HRhotness(f): 1:10am On Oct 07, 2008
~Sauron~:

If u choose to smoke . . . . .Good luck to u.
As long as u accept the risks surrounding smoking, u are good to go.
No one would live forever, something has to kill someone.

in other word tolerance!

I respect non smokers wishes to avoid the deadly poison grin i wont go around smokin in ur face. . .  but to publicly announce that u want smokers banned just becos they happen to hav a habit u dont like is a public display of intolerance

I am not preaching that smoking is or right or wrong. . . i am just sayin respects pples wishes and quit acting like ignorant fools
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by KarmaMod(f): 1:10am On Oct 07, 2008
No "perfect" person would do such a thing to him/herself.  Obviously the person has a death wish. Why would you marry someone with a deathwish.

It's like asking "would you miss out on perfection if the person sniffs coke"

Stupid question
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by jennykadri: 1:12am On Oct 07, 2008
HR.hotness:

in other word tolerance!

I respect non smokers wishes to avoid the deadly poison grin i wont go around smokin in ur face. . .  but to publicly announce that u want smokers banned just because they happen to hav a habit u don't like is a public display of intolerance

I am not preaching that smoking is or right or wrong. . . i am just sayin respects pples wishes and quit acting like ignorant[b] fools[/b]

part of d insults u said u dont do huh

dis debate sef is annoying,smokers good,non smokers good,end of discussion
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 1:13am On Oct 07, 2008
And here I thought smokers were "ignorant fools."
Now that non smokers are ignorant fools, I have to find another world for those nasty smokers. ugh.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by plusQueen: 1:13am On Oct 07, 2008
Bad habits like smoking tells a lot about a man or woman.
Someone that would knowingly endanger their life has serious issues.
They cannot control their urges.
I betcha they are also lacking in many areas of life where discipline is required.
I wouldn't marry such a one
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 1:13am On Oct 07, 2008
Imagine, people are comapring death by smoking to death by car accident, smoking is your own choice, you know what is going to happen to you yet a lot of people still continue, you do not choose to get hit my a mad driver (unless ur head don scatter well), but normal sane people don't, what a comparison  embarassed
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by KarmaMod(f): 1:14am On Oct 07, 2008
jennykadri:

part of d insults u said u don't do huh

The fairweather "I dont insult others" people arent meant to be taken seriously.

This whole thing wouldnt have happened if we didnt have smokers having the audacity to question people on WHY they wouldnt date/marry a smoker

Hypocrites
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by cooldud62: 1:14am On Oct 07, 2008
Nairaland queens are rioting,
I dont smoke,i wont marry a smoker,though i once dated a smoker and i use to buy sticks for her.
It was part of what lead to our break up.
There's nothing in smoking.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by HRhotness(f): 1:14am On Oct 07, 2008
KarmaMod:

No "perfect" person would do such a thing to him/herself.  Obviously the person has a death wish. Why would you marry someone with a deathwish.

It's like asking "would you miss out on perfection[b] if the person sniffs coke[/b]"

Stupid question

r u seriously comparing the two?  wink cheesy cheesy
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Sauron1: 1:14am On Oct 07, 2008
HR.hotness:

in other word tolerance!

I respect non smokers wishes to avoid the deadly poison grin i wont go around smokin in ur face. . .  but to publicly announce that u want smokers banned just because they happen to hav a habit u don't like is a public display of intolerance

I am not preaching that smoking is or right or wrong. . . i am just sayin respects pples wishes and quit acting like ignorant fools

I agree with you!!!!!
Tolerance is the key word here.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 1:15am On Oct 07, 2008
jennykadri:

part of d insults u said u don't do huh

this debate sef is annoying,smokers good,non smokers good,end of discussion
Nah, she's simply can't stand it when peeps disapprove those malbaros or whatchamacallit?

ibkaye:

Imagine, people are comapring death by smoking to death by car accident, smoking is your own choice, you know what is going to happen to you yet a lot of people still continue, you do not choose to get hit my a mad driver (unless ur head don scatter well), but normal sane people don't, what a comparison embarassed
Now, those I call ignorant fools
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by timmfikk(m): 1:15am On Oct 07, 2008
@Hr.Hotness  
No big deal. . .  

Sorry for asking this Question ma'm, Do you Smoke or your  gal do such thing,, Seems your means of fighting for the smokers give me the intention of asking you the question, but it never mean to make any complain, i just want to know ,
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by KarmaMod(f): 1:15am On Oct 07, 2008
Bad habits like smoking tells a lot about a man or woman.
Someone that would knowingly endanger their life has serious issues.
They cannot control their urges.
I betcha they are also lacking in many areas of life where discipline is required.
I wouldn't marry such a one

This is true. Same way I wouldnt marry someone who loves to drink.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by plusQueen: 1:16am On Oct 07, 2008
ibkaye:

Imagine, people are comapring death by smoking to death by car accident, smoking is your own choice, you know what is going to happen to you yet a lot of people still continue, you do not choose to get hit my a mad driver (unless ur head don scatter well), but normal sane people don't, what a comparison  embarassed

Exactly.
statistics tell us that kids who smoke are  more likely to indulge in many other addictive  and destructive behaviours like drugging,alcoholism.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:17am On Oct 07, 2008
So what would you consider an acceptable sacrifice??
A wife beater for a Smoker??
Or what??

Smoking is not as big a deal as most of you are making it out to be. Somke drink coffee, some smoke.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 1:18am On Oct 07, 2008
Okija_juju:

Or what??

Smoking is not as big a deal as most of you are making it out to be. Somke drink coffee, some smoke.
I wouldn't marry a wife beater.
He's as dangerous to me as a smoker
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Sauron1: 1:18am On Oct 07, 2008
plus_Queen:

Exactly.
statistics tell us that kids who smoke are  more likely to indulge in many other addictive  and destructive behaviours like drugging,alcoholism.

Alcohol kills more people than smoking.
Does that mean u won't date a guy that drinks?
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by plusQueen: 1:19am On Oct 07, 2008
Okija_juju:

Or what??

Neither.
A wife beater will kill me,a smoker will kill himself and kill me
Both spell death.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:21am On Oct 07, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

I wouldn't marry a wife beater.
He's as dangerous to me as a smoker

WTF!! You cant be serious. shocked

I rather marry a smoker than an alcoholic.
Reasons; Alcohol alters a persons mind smoking doesent.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by HRhotness(f): 1:21am On Oct 07, 2008
the ignorance displayed is by those non-smokers who take it on themselves to curse out people for personal decisons. . .  u can make ur point without resortin to name calling. . .  the evidence is clear for all to see

some people smoke, some don't, whats with trying to pick fights?

Ok i am suicidal and I am not afraid to die, its my life and not urs so what is all this anger about?!

any smoker who doesnt see anything wrong in smoking in front of kids is fu*cked up!
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by plusQueen: 1:21am On Oct 07, 2008
~Sauron~:

Alcohol kills more people than smoking.
Does that mean u won't date a guy that drinks?

There's a difference between alcoholism and drinking alcohol.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 1:22am On Oct 07, 2008
Yes alcohol kills more people than smoking, but smoking does not only affect the person smoking, ever heard of second hand smoking, I remember one guy who used to perform at a nightclub actually died from second hand smoking, yet, he had never touched a cigarette in his life, with alcohol, it is your own body it is affecting, not your neighbour's abeg.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by KarmaMod(f): 1:22am On Oct 07, 2008
r u seriously comparing the two?

Yes I am. What's the difference between inhaling smoke and sniffing coke? Really what is the difference? The human body sees both are UNWANTED foreign things circulating in the blood. Both also lead to addictions.

So yea unlike your poor comparison before, mine makes sense.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by plusQueen: 1:24am On Oct 07, 2008
I remember back in college in Naija,I got into a heated argument with this motor park tout who insisted at smoking in the buka while we were eating.
I asked him to go set himself on fire rather than kill others while he kills himself.
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:25am On Oct 07, 2008
Let me rephrase the question.

[size=18pt]What would you do to a spouse who starts smoking after you have been married with kids??[/size]

Divorce??
Re: Would You Seriously Consider Getting Married To A Guy Who Smokes? by Nobody: 1:26am On Oct 07, 2008
HR.hotness:

the ignorance displayed is by those non-smokers who take it on themselves to curse out people for personal decisons. . . u can make ur point without resortin to name calling. . . the evidence is clear for all to see

some people smoke, some don't, whats with trying to pick fights?

Ok i am suicidal and I am not afraid to die, its my life and not urs so what is all this anger about?!

between any smoker who doesnt see anything wrong in smoking in front of kids is fu*cked up!
ewooo, you're playing th einnocent part wellu wellu.
But I have no cigar to offer for a job well done wink

Okija_juju:

WTF!! You can't be serious. shocked

I rather marry a smoker than an alcoholic.
Reasons; Alcohol alters a persons mind smoking doesent.
I am dead serious.
My list of men I cannot marry:
Smoker
Drinker
Abusive
Foul-mouthing me or just trying to be a gantas in gen.
cross dresser
bad dress sense
uneducated
lacks common sense
etc. . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can Money Buy Love?? / What Could Possibly Turn You On In The Opposite Sex?? Mine Is..... / Please How Do I Come Out From This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.