Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,936 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl (27923 Views)

Name One Thing You Can't Stand In A Beautiful Girl Or A Handsome Guy. / How Do You Know That A Girl or Boy Really Loves You? / Ugly Intelligent Girl or Beautiful Dull Girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by mikolo80: 7:54pm On Jul 23, 2014
andromida:

cheesy iron dey cause fire? I never hear that one sha.
you no de watch oyinbo film,wetin de happen when actor and boss jam blades,no be sparks de fly
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by Bigsteveg(m): 10:23pm On Jul 23, 2014
Amusaopeyemi:
Me I no gentle o. grin

Dat intelligent part thou U need to convice more on that!!
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by SOLARPOWER1(f): 10:41pm On Jul 23, 2014
kennygee: Most guys are intimidated by intelligent women, they want a gentle woman who will just say "how high" when they say jump without complaining. While an Intelligent woman will ask you why you want her to jump and offer a better way of doing it if there is one.

So guys o, we are waiting, which do you prefer?
Intelligent ladies always sweep me off my feet....God! My wife must have this quality.
I am gifted in bringing gentleness out of people, especially ladies. I seek first d intelligent woman that can maintain the same pace of thinking with me and the rest shall be added.
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by eddieo(m): 8:59am On Jul 24, 2014
GentleMimi:
And i'm gonna collect. wink

@ Nduxzy and Amnestylaw1,thank you. smiley
PM me Your mobile network pls
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 24, 2014
mikolo80: you no de watch oyinbo film,wetin de happen when actor and boss jam blades,no be sparks de fly

No be blades dem go dey use for here na minds. Sparks go fly but na the good type.
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 24, 2014
A gentle lady might be foolish . That makes a bad wife.
meanwhile, an intelligent lady knows dat she ought to be gentle.
Intellect wins it.But it all depends on ur meaning of "intelligence"
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by Jaymznewton(m): 9:17am On Jul 24, 2014
dmcdad:
True...
I agree wt u
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by xceptionael(f): 10:40am On Jul 24, 2014
i will be super bored wit so quiet a person.[color=#770077][/color]
Jerrick: I'll get bored if my Girl is ''GENTLE.'' I want em' moderately naughty and intelligent! kiss
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by SenatorJames(m): 10:57am On Jul 24, 2014
kennygee: Most guys are intimidated by intelligent women, they want a gentle woman who will just say "how high" when they say jump without complaining. While an Intelligent woman will ask you why you want her to jump and offer a better way of doing it if there is one.

So guys o, we are waiting, which do you prefer?
This is truely a truth that hurt. I must be an hypocrite to argue this, but we men dont want an extremist of any of this characters.
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by mikolo80: 10:59am On Jul 24, 2014
andromida:

No be blades dem go dey use for here na minds. Sparks go fly but na the good type.
ah, o girl na those mental sparks de hot pass de burn everything to the ground
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by careema(f): 12:07pm On Jul 24, 2014
daryoor: we've all heard about how the whole temperament thing, and the conclusion that there is no perfect personality, that all has their pros and cons.

there are intelligent women that are aware of their potential, they are their opinion without fear, the are very active individuals. these women can make strategic decisions in the absence of their husbands. but the down side of this type is that the emasculate their husbands because the believe very well in their opinions and the can easily point out when the hubands leadership is far away from ideal, and this leads to a lot of instability.

on the othe hand there are very obedient women who just nuture you and your kids, no ambition or crave for control, they just want peace and stability, i know you can be intelligent and choose to be submissive but im refering to those ones that got you shocked when you heard they are graduates, the ones that actually cant contribute anything logical or thoughtful, the kind of wife that you cant discuss your problems with an be sure she cant ever give u a well thought out advise or suggestion, women like this have no interest in politics, culture or basic philosophy, she can only talk about fathiah balogun and p. square.

i know these two cases are extreme but which is better?

lets not get you wrong, intelligent or opioniated? this are two different things. its rather unfair when you comparing intelligency and gentility and who paint gentle like the mumu type. i think your topic is meant to be opioniated versus gentle. when i talk gentle, i dont mean the mumu type, i mean the ones who talk only when neccessary. let me give you an instance, im a very opinionated person and i have issues with people because nobody likes to be wrong and when you are wrong i tell you instantly, i dont mince words, recently i was talking to my ex, he said did i know why he left me, he said he actually left because am too opinionated. i have opinions on everything and it makes me look aggressive. i just smiled, he continued and said contrary to what every guy says, they actually love a submissive gal, submissive and intelligent... i prodded on it for a while and i came to the conclusion ihave to be diplomatic henceforth. a bit gently, a bit opinionated.
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 24, 2014
mikolo80: ah, o girl na those mental sparks de hot pass de burn everything to the ground

You dey fear?
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by mikolo80: 12:35pm On Jul 24, 2014
andromida:

You dey fear?
hia, for wetin na. Just prefer peace of mind.besides me no go even allow am reach hat level once i see say your blade de wan de cause fire me go just walk away jejely sugbon if na your type ehen no wahala. No guy wants a challenger to his throne. Its just the way we're built. Thats if one wants peace in that house o. Me i like peace gan o
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
mikolo80: hia, for wetin na. Just prefer peace of mind.besides me no go even allow am reach hat level once i see say your blade de wan de cause fire me go just walk away jejely sugbon if na your type ehen no wahala. No guy wants a challenger to his throne. Its just the way we're built. Thats if one wants peace in that house o. Me i like peace gan o

The blade may be good for ya i understand peace of mind though.
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by daryoor(m): 2:15pm On Jul 24, 2014
careema:

lets not get you wrong, intelligent or opioniated? this are two different things. its rather unfair when you comparing intelligency and gentility and who paint gentle like the mumu type. i think your topic is meant to be opioniated versus gentle. when i talk gentle, i dont mean the mumu type, i mean the ones who talk only when neccessary. let me give you an instance, im a very opinionated person and i have issues with people because nobody likes to be wrong and when you are wrong i tell you instantly, i dont mince words, recently i was talking to my ex, he said did i know why he left me, he said he actually left because am too opinionated. i have opinions on everything and it makes me look aggressive. i just smiled, he continued and said contrary to what every guy says, they actually love a submissive gal, submissive and intelligent... i prodded on it for a while and i came to the conclusion ihave to be diplomatic henceforth. a bit gently, a bit opinionated.

i choose words carefully, opinionated dosent exprees the personality type im referring to, because there are stupid opinionated people, those ones have no value at all, im talking of women who are intelligent and out spoken, a woman who has very clear objectives and knows how to achieve them, someone who wont let any male compromise her perception of standard.
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by careema(f): 5:59pm On Jul 24, 2014
daryoor:

i choose words carefully, opinionated dosent exprees the personality type im referring to, because there are stupid opinionated people, those ones have no value at all, im talking of women who are intelligent and out spoken, a woman who has very clear objectives and knows how to achieve them, someone who wont let any male compromise her perception of standard.

Ofcourse everyone will chose intelligent. grin
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by daryoor(m): 6:51pm On Jul 24, 2014
careema:

Ofcourse everyone will chose intelligent. grin

thats not true, a lot of guys woudnt want a partner that will question their decisions. its just fact that a ship cant have two captains when if the captain decides to sail despite the storm, you say aiiie captain!! smiley

african men are egoistic, if you continue challenge your husband because you have a better suggestion the guy will feel threatened, especially if the woman is earning more. instead of him being impressed he'll feel obsure.

1 Like

Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by mechanics(m): 8:55pm On Jul 24, 2014
Gentle.
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by mikolo80: 9:14am On Jul 25, 2014
andromida:

The blade may be good for ya i understand peace of mind though.
ah dis woman no be real knife i de talk o, na metaphor abi na analogy i de talk o
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by Adaeze003(f): 12:41pm On Jul 25, 2014
DonTonero: The word Gentle and intelligence has different meaning based on the writers point of view.....and from the writers point of view no man i repeat no man would go for the intelligent woman except the man is 007 and is willing to die young. No man wants a disrespectful woman and intelligence cannot bring about humility or gentleness but being gentle and submissive can actually transform into intelligence because it takes a gentle woman to learn observe and adapt to changes because of her gentility even the gentle dumb will adjust when taught but all this changes lies with the man and how he wants to run his family and as for me an intelligent arrogant woman is HELL NO for me because they have ripped my life severally with their i too know only to regret when its late. God created women to be submissive(this encompasses gentility, intelligent and co) and not intelligent(this brings about arrogance,gender equality and divorce).
NB.... it all depends on the man

I understand your need to train and groom up your wife to your taste. To be some kind on demi god who can do no wrong in her sight and for her to see herself as inferior to you(concerning the gender equality) and yada yada yada. There's really no weakness in that.

But! Say what you know! Saying that intelligent people are arrogant is like saying all dumb people are nice. Makes no sense right?

I'm not speaking as a novice, my mum is an intelligent woman and also a great homemaker. Also, she is submissive. My dad is no 007 but he's the head of the house. So your post is just unrealistic(fallacy of generalisation).

Check out Okonjo Iweala and other great women in Nigeria, they are also happily(as far as we know) married as well.

Now to the most crazy part of your post, women are made to be submissive and not intelligent? but you also acknowledged that being submissive includes intelligence. Are you confused? Lol!

@op, why do we always chose to compare extremes? Anyway, in my opinion, both qualities(amongst others) are needed to run a home.
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by daryoor(m): 12:58pm On Jul 25, 2014
Adaeze003:

I understand your need to train and groom up your wife to your taste. To be some kind on demi god who can do no wrong in her sight and for her to see herself as inferior to you(concerning the gender equality) and yada yada yada. There's really no weakness in that.

But! Say what you know! Saying that intelligent people are arrogant is like saying all dumb people are nice. Makes no sense right?

I'm not speaking as a novice, my mum is an intelligent woman and also a great homemaker. Also, she is submissive. My dad is no 007 but he's the head of the house. So your post is just unrealistic(fallacy of generalisation).

Check out Okonjo Iweala and other great women in Nigeria, they are also happily(as far as we know) married as well.

Now to the most crazy part of your post, women are made to be submissive and not intelligent? but you also acknowledged that being submissive includes intelligence. Are you confused? Lol!

@op, why do we always chose to compare extremes? Anyway, in my opinion, both qualities(amongst others) are needed to run a home.

modrate behaviour traits are bearable. But when presented with two extremes, its interesting to work our way round the less of two evil smiley
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 25, 2014
mikolo80: ah dis woman no be real knife i de talk o, na metaphor abi na analogy i de talk o

smiley i know.
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by mikolo80: 2:53pm On Jul 25, 2014
andromida:

smiley i know.
toh just checking
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by SHOCK7(m): 6:20pm On Jul 25, 2014
GentleMimi: Intelligent woman all the way,no argument there.
I'll choose intelligence over gentility. Gentle peeps could be wickedly dangerous,you know? The intelligent woman knows how to handle situations as it deems fit. The man can go out and confidently leave his home in the intelligent woman's care.
The intelligent woman influences the children too. Makes them smart and active.
God forbid,but if the man passes away,the intelligence of the woman is needed for her children to make it in life with the few available resources.
The intelligent woman is not necessarily bossy or arrogant,just a lady who knows what she wants and then goes about achieving it in the easiest ways possible.
The man cannot be at his peak at all times in terms of mental capability. Sometimes,he needs a mentally strong woman to give him the required push.
Note: it is only strong men that take up the challange of an intelligent woman. Weak men want ''gentle'' pushovers,whom they can control like puppets on strings.
Well said,i really wanted 2 'ur pic pro.
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 09, 2014
the world isn't in black and white. intelligence isn't a criteria for arrogance. infact, most intelligent girls are gentle. what you meant was, outspoken. i can't marry someone too outspoken. soon, it becomes nagging. but i go with intelligent AND gentle.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Is No Longer Picking My Calls Because Of Easter Chicken / Things Married People Wont Tell You About Marriage / Some Rich Men Are Not Worth Marrying Even With Their Billions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.