Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl (27920 Views)

Name One Thing You Can't Stand In A Beautiful Girl Or A Handsome Guy. / How Do You Know That A Girl or Boy Really Loves You? / Ugly Intelligent Girl or Beautiful Dull Girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 23, 2014
nerodenero: Most women hate every letter in the word 'SUBMISSIVENESS'.I think I'd prefer a balance between intelligence and gentility

Submissive to everything you say even if it is a bad idea?

That is why women are there to help, to contribute their suggestions and advice. If you have a totally submissive woman, that marriage will be boring and that man will make many mistakes that the advice and suggestions of his wife could have averted.
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by dmcdad: 9:05am On Jul 23, 2014
andromida:

Ok going through my address book. Looking at shapes, sizes, character, wetin wetin. Which type do you like grin
Okay let's see... Character must be great, shape doesn't really matter so does height. size must not be on the big side to avoid stories that touch. Lol. Then with a pretty face.

Abi I ask for too much? cheesy
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by idu1(m): 9:07am On Jul 23, 2014
Gentle women i choose. To b gentle doesn't make one less intelligent. As long as she can read and write well. Most girls u see to be inteligent are just silly and arrogant. No manner.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by nerodenero: 9:08am On Jul 23, 2014
The reason a balance is needed so that the woman can be the ideal helper.
kennygee:

Submissive to everything you say even if it is a bad idea?

That is why women are there to help, to contribute their suggestions and advice. If you have a totally submissive woman, that marriage will be boring and that man will make many mistakes that the advice and suggestions of his wife could have averted.
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 23, 2014
jayseehe:
Nope, opposite attracts, so such marriage will break

@topic, the both are attributes of a wife material...
I prefer intelligence though, but a typical definition of a wife material, gentleness will come before intelligence

Opposite works in some marriages, Alike works in others there is no one rule for all marriages its all about knowing who you are so you can get what is good for ya. Intelligence, gentleness all great qualities to have.

And there is no typical definition of a wife material wink.
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by MadCow1: 9:11am On Jul 23, 2014
Pfft..

If only Marriage were a Science, there would be a guage for measuring how wifeable and how husbandable a person is.

OP.. This is a stupid question. Different strokes, different folks.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 23, 2014
dmcdad:
Okay let's see... Character must be great, shape doesn't really matter so does height. size must not be on the big side to avoid stories that touch. Lol. Then with a pretty face.

Abi I ask for too much? cheesy

Nah,

Infact you are very minimal. *Rolling up sleeves* lemme get to work.

Before i start whats great character to you?
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by eddieo(m): 9:13am On Jul 23, 2014
hmm
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 23, 2014
y do I v to choose.... both MUST b in d woman am gonna marry... n DTS not d only qualities I want... many more.... I won't settle for less
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by mkoabiola: 9:15am On Jul 23, 2014
Some intelligent girls can sometimes b over sabi and troublesome

1 Like

Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by eddieo(m): 9:15am On Jul 23, 2014
GentleMimi: Intelligent woman all the way,no argument there.
I'll choose intelligence over gentility. Gentle peeps could be wickedly dangerous,you know? The intelligent woman knows how to handle situations as it deems fit. The man can go out and confidently leave his home in the intelligent woman's care.
The intelligent woman influences the children too. Makes them smart and active.
God forbid,but if the man passes away,the intelligence of the woman is needed for her children to make it in life with the few available resources.
The intelligent woman is not necessarily bossy or arrogant,just a lady who knows what she wants and then goes about achieving it in the easiest ways possible.
The man cannot be at his peak at all times in terms of mental capability. Sometimes,he needs a mentally strong woman to give him the required push.
Note: it is only strong men that take up the challange of an intelligent woman. Weak men want ''gentle'' pushovers,whom they can control like puppets on strings.
i owe you a bottle of chilled yogurt!
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by koredey(m): 9:16am On Jul 23, 2014
McWhillion:

My point exactly!
*shake my hand*
Are you responding to defend yourself by the way?
.... Lolz u don't have to ask her if she responding to defend herself , d way she take talk am don answer that question.. SWEETLEMON no mind pple wey dey ask dat kinda question dey are just looking for a way to defending demselves for walking around with an ugly chick. No be me talk am sha..

1 Like

Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by Alexk2(m): 9:18am On Jul 23, 2014
daryoor:
we've all heard about how the whole temperament thing,
and the conclusion that there is no perfect personality, that all
has their pros and cons.

there are intelligent women that are aware of their potential, they are
their opinion without fear, the are very active individuals. these
women can make strategic decisions in the absence of their husbands.
but the down side of this type is that the emasculate their husbands
because the believe very well in their opinions and the can easily
point out when the hubands leadership is far away from ideal, and this
leads to a lot of instability.

on the othe hand there are very obedient women who just nuture you
and your kids, no ambition or crave for control, they just want peace
and stability, i know you can be intelligent and choose to be
submissive but im refering to those ones that got you shocked when
you heard they are graduates, the ones that actually cant
contribute anything logical or thoughtful, the kind of wife that you
cant discuss your problems with an be sure she cant ever give u a well
thought out advise or suggestion, women like this have no interest
in politics, culture or basic philosophy, she can only talk about
fathiah balogun and p. square.

i know these two cases are extreme but which is better?

are you saying there are ladies that are intelligent as you described in your write up?.....definetely not in nigeria, bro.
to find a lady that will possess half of that(averagely intelligent), you'll have met 1000 that are far bellow par...that is a hard truth, bro.
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by dmcdad: 9:18am On Jul 23, 2014
andromida:

Nah,

Infact you are very minimal. *Rolling up sleeves* lemme get to work.

Before i start whats great character to you?
Great character for me entails but not limited to: being down to earth, homely, very good manners, not lousy, good sense of understanding, and maybe having a good sense of humour.

wink
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by ptownman: 9:19am On Jul 23, 2014
For this country wey POLITICIANS, YAHOO and OIL boys full everywhere,to find wife materia na GOD oooh. *Asu Oke material for suit*
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by oladoya(m): 9:19am On Jul 23, 2014
Have said it here once and i will say it again, only girls with something upstairs can actually attract me. I want an intelligent wife and not PATIENCE.

1 Like

Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 23, 2014
Amusaopeyemi:
Me I no gentle o. grin

Nice. Didn't expect so dearie.
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by dmcdad: 9:20am On Jul 23, 2014
mkoabiola: Some intelligent girls can sometimes b over sabi and troublesome
You are right, but to some degree it's caused by the guys involved.

1 Like

Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by Jaymaestro(m): 9:23am On Jul 23, 2014
I know what i need ' what i want clouds my mind but i what i need is my focus 'i will discard what i want now 'what i need is a smart gentle lady . she waits ' observes and understands not some annoying intelligent lady .
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by koredey(m): 9:23am On Jul 23, 2014
A girl that doesn't offer any reasonable advice to support d development of her home is useless, would have called her a teddy bear, but even teddy add beauty to d house.. And regardless of the quality and posses, she can't be described as being intelligent if she's not submisive to her husband... End of story..

1 Like

Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 23, 2014
dmcdad:
Great character for me entails but not limited to: being down to earth, homely, very good manners, not lousy, good sense of understanding, and maybe having a good sense of humour.

wink

O.k.

I almost forgot whats pretty to you?
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by willorie(f): 9:23am On Jul 23, 2014
I'll choose intelligence over gentility. Gentle peeps could be wickedly dangerous,you know? The intelligent woman knows how to handle situations as it deems fit. The man can go out and confidently leave his home in the intelligent woman's care.
God forbid,but if the man passes away,the intelligence of the woman is needed for her children to make it in life with the few available resources.
The intelligent woman is not necessarily bossy or arrogant,just a lady who knows what she wants and then goes about achieving it in the easiest ways possible.
The man cannot be at his peak at all times in terms of mental capability. Sometimes,he needs a mentally strong woman to give him the required push.
Note: it is only strong men that take up the challange of an intelligent woman. Weak men want ''gentle'' pushovers,whom they can control like puppets on strings.
am amazed dude abi chick.........hope u're not just saying it for saying seak...as in, is ur IQ as intelligent & Impressive as ur comment
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by IAMBREEZY: 9:24am On Jul 23, 2014
Ok
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 23, 2014
TRADELYN: SEE...

There's GREAT intelligence in being gentle!!!

THANK YOU!

1 Like

Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by Bunchersstab(m): 9:29am On Jul 23, 2014
GentleMimi:
Thanks babe. wink
Intelligent Mimi
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by Bunchersstab(m): 9:30am On Jul 23, 2014
GentleMimi:
Thanks babe. wink
Intelligent Mimi should be ur moniker not gentlemimi
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 23, 2014
It all boils down to what the man needs.

Most men would love to marry someone who can present them with a challenge (Intelligence) whilst some would gladly settle for the gullible figure (Gentle)

Personally, I cant marry a calm, cold and gullible lady who'd agree wholly to everything I say just b'cos I'm the man of the house.

I'd rather settle for an 'eccentric' intelligent lady. Someone who can challenge my thoughts, Ideas and views. Someone who can stand up for the home when I'm not there.

I know such comes along with their enormous troubles (Bloated ego etc) but then, what's worth having is worth dying for cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by dmcdad: 9:32am On Jul 23, 2014
andromida:

O.k.

I almost forgot whats pretty to you?
This is highly relative... But I ain't insinuating extreme beauty.

You know... Mehn this girl na fine girl ooooooo. Making sense girl.

You know that kind thing.wink Lol.
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by bigx(m): 9:33am On Jul 23, 2014
Both
Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 23, 2014
Every guy is dating the 'intelligent girl' on this thread. There are a whole lot of dumb girls out there; makes me wonder whether they are all single undecided

2 Likes

Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by Nduxzy: 9:39am On Jul 23, 2014
Even GENTLEmimi goes with Intelligence,and that's Intelligent!

1 Like

Re: Wife Material: Intelligent Girl Or Gentle Girl by Missmossy(f): 9:43am On Jul 23, 2014
If it were to be the other way round,intelligency seems innit for me. Marriage goes beyond the physical attraction.

A woman who is just there like she isn't there isn't worth it. An intelligent woman can always be submissive and she is indeed a potential wife material.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Is No Longer Picking My Calls Because Of Easter Chicken / Things Married People Wont Tell You About Marriage / Some Rich Men Are Not Worth Marrying Even With Their Billions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.