Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,231 members, 7,953,874 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:04 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (669648 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (301) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by nepapole(m): 7:24am On Dec 07, 2018
Hi everyone... I am an introvert and I love it more than I hate it. I have noticed that even the extroverts wish to keep me as a friend instead of their likes.
I also do not enjoy reading like that though I wish I do. Each time I rili try to read for long, I start having this terrible headache within just about 15 minutes. Don't know if it's a medical condition or not.
Overall, I am a very cool headed person .... I luv my life.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by nepapole(m): 7:28am On Dec 07, 2018
hemartins:

They say introvert read books alot. I hardly read. I would rather see movie alone or watch video lessons.
Morning bro....same here oo... Reading is just not my thing. I am new on the thread b.t.w

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Xxpress(m): 7:37am On Dec 07, 2018
dzoi:
Yes and you've got one now... Sent you a pm.
Good. I will reply to the Dm
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Xxpress(m): 7:46am On Dec 07, 2018
Callmeibironke:
special thanks to munalight for checking up on me and attending to my calls.

I am coming back to Abuja jare
Why are you leaving Lagos? Do you have have any issue that need attention in Lagos?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by hemartins(m): 8:47am On Dec 07, 2018
nepapole:

Morning bro....same here oo... Reading is just not my thing. I am new on the thread b.t.w

Welcome bro.
Hope you are doing well.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by nepapole(m): 9:23am On Dec 07, 2018
hemartins:

Welcome bro.
Hope you are doing well.
Thnx bro.. I am very well.
Hope u doing great too

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Callmeibironke(f): 8:18pm On Dec 07, 2018
Xxpress:

Why are you leaving Lagos? Do you have have any issue that need attention in Lagos?
Just felt I should start a new life somewhere new.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Xxpress(m): 11:52pm On Dec 07, 2018
Callmeibironke:
Just felt I should start a new life somewhere new.
All the best

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by chikk(f): 6:18pm On Dec 08, 2018
illegal7:

Date someone who's also an introvert and also shares same thought as you do, then together you guys can work it out .

So both of them can be "facing wall" and "pressing phones" all the time even when they're together? No nah... Even in the laws of science, unlike terms attract. Your world will be too boring if you are with someone like you who does and lives the same way over and again, exactly like you.

Date an opposite please! When you're too boring, they'll spice things up, when they're too crazy, you calm them down. You both make up for where you lack. It's called complementing.

7 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by babyfaceafrica: 11:32am On Dec 09, 2018
chikk:

So both of them can be "facing wall" and "pressing phones" all the time even when they're together? No nah... Even in the laws of science, unlike terms attract. Your world will be too boring if you are with someone like you who does and lives the same way over and again, exactly like you.

Date an opposite please! When you're too boring, they'll spice things up, when they're too crazy, you calm them down. You both make up for where you lack. It's called complementing.

I disagree...not all introverts are facing wall and pressing phones.. their are social and bold introverts abeg....and please who complement help abeg..so because someone is gentle he should marry a trouble maker to complement him or because a Lady is geeky ,she should get together with an olodo.....people should allign with who they can relate with

12 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by illegal7(m): 4:18pm On Dec 09, 2018
chikk:

That's 100% true.

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by illegal7(m): 4:18pm On Dec 09, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
I disagree...not all introverts are facing wall and pressing phones.. their are social and bold introverts abeg....and please who complement help abeg..so because someone is gentle he should marry a trouble maker to complement him or because a Lady is geeky ,she should get together with an olodo.....people should allign with who they can relate with

Hmmmmm.... Nice POV
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 10, 2018
Am I the only one here that finds it really hard to take pictures? Even when my classmates or siblings are taking pics,I just find a way to excuse myself or I appear in like 2 out of 50 pics they take. Is this common with other introverts or am I just weird?

9 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 10, 2018
So just felt like updating this , been a while i have posted as usual I am an introvert, majority of my time is spent indoors, and my work allows me to work from home. My activities in the day involve constantly staring at the screen doing my work, reading, searching for alternative source of income on line, watching movies, playing games, hookups and all.

However I am not shy and very out spoken, I now go out when there is a need especially if it is prominent party and i know i will meet connected people. I am very social since i engage in constant alcohol and substance. I am posting here because i had the sense of realization that we are who we are, and since we understand ourselves, we should be able to know when to be flexible, during my 20(s) i was invited to numerous parties but i never went because i wanted to work hard and read so that during my 30(s) i won't have to be hustling.

But guess, what it didn't pan out that way, not only didn't I not have fun but I also was solidified into the rat race, constant paying bills, getting broke, intense pressure from work, burning out. I got so frustrated and as in introvert the more i was stressed the more i turned to heavy alcohol and drug use, to punching the wall in my office to de-stress. I had to resign for my own sanity and do some reflective thinking. I realized the source of it all, was that Introversion had a large role to play, if i had gone out more and met with people, I would have climbed the ladder faster, believe it or not, referral is the greatest source of employment these days. Right now i am still introverted but i have realized that i need to engage in activities that will improve my social and financial status. Right now it's all about just enjoying my life, my stance/values on morality is now much more relaxed than ever, and i realized the more i went out and put myself out there, the more i attracted positive energy.

Be Flexible and be calculated, you don't want to be the guy/girl who works hard but never seems to just be recognized.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by babtoundey(m): 6:02pm On Dec 10, 2018
raptex:
Am I the only one here that finds it really hard to take pictures? Even when my classmates or siblings are taking pics,I just find a way to excuse myself or I appear in like 2 out of 50 pics they take. Is this common with other introverts or am I just weird?

Not just you. I can count the numbers of pictures I appeared all through my stay in school. I run from taking pictures. But I think I am winning that war too. Now, I can boldly face the world and ask her to snap me.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 10, 2018
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 10, 2018
babtoundey:

Not just you. I can count the numbers of pictures I appeared all through my stay in school. I run from taking pictures. But I think I am winning that war too. Now, I can boldly face the world and ask her to snap me.
Good to know I'm not the only one

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Sard(m): 11:15am On Dec 11, 2018
pcguru1:
So just felt like updating this , been a while i have posted as usual I am an introvert, majority of my time is spent indoors, and my work allows me to work from home. My activities in the day involve constantly staring at the screen doing my work, reading, searching for alternative source of income on line, watching movies, playing games, hookups and all.

However I am not shy and very out spoken, I now go out when there is a need especially if it is prominent party and i know i will meet connected people. I am very social since i engage in constant alcohol and substance. I am posting here because i had the sense of realization that we are who we are, and since we understand ourselves, we should be able to know when to be flexible, during my 20(s) i was invited to numerous parties but i never went because i wanted to work hard and read so that during my 30(s) i won't have to be hustling.

But guess, what it didn't pan out that way, not only didn't I not have fun but I also was solidified into the rat race, constant paying bills, getting broke, intense pressure from work, burning out. I got so frustrated and as in introvert the more i was stressed the more i turned to heavy alcohol and drug use, to punching the wall in my office to de-stress. I had to resign for my own sanity and do some reflective thinking. I realized the source of it all, was that Introversion had a large role to play, if i had gone out more and met with people, I would have climbed the ladder faster, believe it or not, referral is the greatest source of employment these days. Right now i am still introverted but i have realized that i need to engage in activities that will improve my social and financial status. Right now it's all about just enjoying my life, my stance/values on morality is now much more relaxed than ever, and i realized the more i went out and put myself out there, the more i attracted positive energy.

Be Flexible and be calculated, you don't want to be the guy/girl who works hard but never seems to just be recognized.

This message is so much on point.

You just highlighted some of the changes I have made to my life in the last 2/3 years.

Only some students, who have not experienced what's obtainable outside the four walls of schools, will say things like they don't need others to survive. Everyone thrives better when you've people around you.

I'm an introvert too, but I go out when necessary nowadays. I meet people from all spheres of life.

Being an introvert is not an excuse to become a hermit. Socialize, greet people, call to say "hello" when necessary, show people that you care and be open-minded about meeting new people.
It may take a while, but you'll soon get used to it.

It's not about becoming an extrovert, it's about adapting to improve your life. After all, adaptability is one of the characteristics of living beings.

As long as you give yourself enough time to recharge your energy (i.e enjoy your solitude regularly), you'll still be fine.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 11, 2018
Sard:

This message is so much on point.

You just highlighted some of the changes I have made to my life in the last 2/3 years.

Only some students, who have not experienced what's obtainable outside the four walls of schools, will say things like they don't need others to survive. Everyone thrives better when you've people around you.

I'm an introvert too, but I go out when necessary nowadays. I meet people from all spheres of life.

Being an introvert is not an excuse to become a hermit. Socialize, greet people, call to say "hello" when necessary, show people that you care and be open-minded about meeting new people.
It may take a while, but you'll soon get used to it.

It's not about becoming an extrovert, it's about adapting to improve your life. After all, adaptability is one of the characteristics of living beings.

As long as you give yourself enough time to recharge your energy (i.e enjoy your solitude regularly), you'll still be fine.

God bless you for this statement, sometimes the only regret i feel is not go out during my 20(s) however i am glad i had the chance to turn things around, sometimes it pains me because at my level, i shouldn't be where i am, but am grateful at least it could have been worse.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Sard(m): 3:51pm On Dec 11, 2018
pcguru1:

God bless you for this statement, sometimes the only regret i feel is not go out during my 20(s) however i am glad i had the chance to turn things around, sometimes it pains me because at my level, i shouldn't be where i am, but am grateful at least it could have been worse.

I understand that part. Regrets are inevitable when you go through life thinking you can do everything on your own.
At least, we should all be grateful for the changes we've made and the little we've achieved over the years.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by cupidhero(m): 8:25pm On Dec 11, 2018
I hate being defined by words. I usually think someone who have never walked in my shoes or anyone who has never being close to me have no right to define me.it takes patience to understand me. Unlike most people here i actually don't regret my being alone with my thoughts. It keeps me sane and focused. I got lots of friends due to me being receptive and welcoming but most times i just know that i do better when i'm on my own. The thing is being introverted actually helps you grow. I read more when i spend more time alone...i do think about too many deep things a regular nigga would never think about. I have been called genius all thanks to being alone. balance is the key. You don't lose out by being introverted. You only lose out when you chose to be a typical introvert. reach out to people who love you. spend more time with the right friends and network like your life depended on it and i promise you a life of zero regret.

9 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by PreciousMia: 8:33pm On Dec 11, 2018
nepapole:
Hi everyone... I am an introvert and I love it more than I hate it. I have noticed that even the extroverts wish to keep me as a friend instead of their likes.
I also do not enjoy reading like that though I wish I do. Each time I rili try to read for long, I start having this terrible headache within just about 15 minutes. Don't know if it's a medical condition or not.
Overall, I am a very cool headed person .... I luv my life.

Same goes for me

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ebonko4life(f): 11:04am On Dec 14, 2018
Is it advisable to read law as an introvert?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by pryme(m): 2:51pm On Dec 14, 2018
Ebonko4life:
Is it advisable to read law as an introvert?

Yes, you can read any course you fancy, introverts are always known to be smart, and that includes the ability to adapt.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by adejaresalami1(m): 11:55pm On Dec 16, 2018
Xxpress:
Can I get a reading partner here?
Yea....what genre of book do you fancy most. Sent you a DM.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Clashy(m): 11:13am On Dec 18, 2018
I am new here,please i need sincere advice.now in my late twenties about to round up in the uni,people around show much respect for me and always want to make friends with me.but for some years before now i dont feel secured within me,wave of fright always sweep through my mind,the smiles on my face is just to let go for these,i deprived my myself of so many things like not having a girl friend,is it financial constraint that led to these or something else.because i dont just know why i lack feeling of peace within.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by iceboy4752(m): 1:01pm On Dec 18, 2018
Am I the only one who finds it hard to make a firm decesion?

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by melanch(m): 4:08pm On Dec 19, 2018
chikk:

People don't understand what it means to be introverted. Introverts are not always quiet people or boring people. Introverts are interesting set of people, only if you are talking about their interests.

I hate it when people say they are bored. So you can't keep yourself happy and interesting by yourself? Must you look for someone to ginger you up? If you do then you are not an introvert.

Introverts are good with themselves, they interest themselves and they don't depend on any person to save them from boredom.

You can date an introvert and talk like parrots. You can date an introvert and still be quiet and be very 100% ok and comfortable with your partner. You can go out, watch movies, play games etc. It's all about connection and understanding.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by bests: 9:07am On Dec 21, 2018
raptex:

share your pic lets see.

btw- U may need to work on your self confidence !
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 21, 2018
bests:

share your pic lets see.

btw- U may need to work on your self confidence !
For the sake of privacy, I can't
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Epositive(m): 9:36am On Dec 21, 2018
Some people actually intend turning our very own introverts lounge into depression support group. You guys should get a grip of yourself!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (301) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.