Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,546 members, 7,955,022 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:40 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (669983 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (301) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by iceboy4752(m): 9:03pm On Nov 07, 2018
Hello fellow introverts!
Click on the link below to join our newly created "Introverts Lounge" goup on Facebook. Please extroverts back-off!
Hello fellow Introvert!
Join our newly created "Introvert Lounge" through this link:
https://m./242444873197623?refid=46&__xts__%5B0%5D=12.%7B%22unit_id_click_type%22%3A%22graph_search_results_item_tapped%22%2C%22click_type%22%3A%22result%22%2C%22module_id%22%3A1%2C%22result_id%22%3A242444873197623%2C%22session_id%22%3A%22d4bffe4abaffef87b8b129653715b19a%22%2C%22module_role%22%3A%22ENTITY_GROUPS%22%2C%22unit_id%22%3A%22browse_rl%3Ab9d1d874-41ad-e94a-b5ab-f73dfeb39fb3%22%2C%22browse_result_type%22%3A%22browse_type_group%22%2C%22unit_id_result_id%22%3A242444873197623%2C%22module_result_position%22%3A0%7D

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by NiklauseFred(m): 1:38pm On Nov 10, 2018
Why are my always depressed as an introvert?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Callmeibironke(f): 7:37pm On Nov 10, 2018
Hi everyone, I am Ronke, an introvert who feels being by herself.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by babtoundey(m): 10:12pm On Nov 10, 2018
NiklauseFred:

Sometimes (if not most times) I am too. This may be the direct result of feeling odd and probably unfit in the settings of things (particularly when you are surrounded by loud, bold and the socially friendly ones). I always feel the urge to go out, mix and socialize with people even when it is very clear doing so does not and will not suit me. But, over time, I have learnt to manage loneliness and some odd feelings that come with my nature as an introvert by getting involved extensively in some activities I enjoy doing alone and through which I can project my unexpressed feelings and emotions.

7 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by babtoundey(m): 10:19pm On Nov 10, 2018
Callmeibironke:
Hi everyone,
I am Ronke, an introvert who feels being by herself.

Welcome to the bracket of odd but wonderful specie of man grin
Callmeibironke:
Hi everyone,

Welcome to the bracket of odd but wonderful specie of man

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Callmeibironke(f): 1:43pm On Nov 11, 2018
babtoundey:

Welcome to the bracket of odd but wonderful specie of man grin
Welcome to the bracket of odd but wonderful specie of man
Thank you!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 11, 2018
Happy, I found this thread. I'm a full breed introvert with no friends or bae. When exhaust or ready to recharge from my exhaustion, I do need someone to tell me all is gonna be well. Its getting out of hand as everything drains me off..

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by dammy222(f): 8:08pm On Nov 12, 2018
NiklauseFred:

At times because of our nature, we feel depressed. You feel you are the odd one out in a group and especially if you don't have close friends, you tend to think too much which leads to depression

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by dammy222(f): 8:23pm On Nov 12, 2018
Boiling:
Happy, I found this thread. I'm a full breed introvert with no friends or bae. When exhaust or ready to recharge from my exhaustion, I do need someone to tell me all is gonna be well. Its getting out of hand as everything drains me off..

You can try to help yourself by relating more with people around you. If you are a student, try to gist with that coursemate, if you are working, try to gist with that coworker . Try to force conversations.Gist about the weather, traffic, Nigeria, upcoming election, celebrities, anything you can come up with. It will take time because Rome wasn't built in a day.
Join whatsapp groups. You can build yourself up by chatting online and getting to know the person better, then move to real life. It will make the transition easier. Just keep trying till you get it right. I am an introvert as well but working on myself

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 12, 2018
dammy222:

You can try to help yourself by relating more with people around you. If you are a student, try to gist with that coursemate, if you are working, try to gist with that coworker . Try to force conversations.Gist about the weather, traffic, Nigeria, upcoming election, celebrities, anything you can come up with. It will take time because Rome wasn't built in a day.
Join whatsapp groups. You can build yourself up by chatting online and getting to know the person better, then move to real life. It will make the transition easier. Just keep trying till you get it right. I am an introvert as well but working on myself
thanks for this, though I'm self employed and work from home but already sending out my CV, staying home all day is killing. I really need to get out dr before
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by dammy222(f): 8:46pm On Nov 12, 2018
Boiling:
thanks for this, though I'm self employed and work from home but already sending out my CV, staying home all day is killing. I really need to get out dr before

In the meantime, chat with people you meet while going out. Then Church or Mosque ( depending on your religion) is also a good place to meet with people
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kolinton007: 12:45am On Nov 13, 2018
Boiling:
are you into programming?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 1:10am On Nov 13, 2018
kolinton007:

are you into programming?
nope
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 1:11am On Nov 13, 2018
dammy222:

In the meantime, chat with people you meet while going out. Then Church or Mosque ( depending on your religion) is also a good place to meet with people
will try

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Callmeibironke(f): 6:46am On Nov 13, 2018
Boiling:
This is so true. I attended a training with a company I might work for and I was told we can work from home (when I really want to meet people).
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ThaThinka: 1:42pm On Nov 13, 2018
Boiling:

Wow, we're practically the same, bro. Never had the opportunity of working in a company since graduating several years ago. I do personal stuff that doesn't involve mixing with people to get by.

I wish I could have the opportunity of mixing with people more. This often makes me to stray to Romance section on here to see if I can meet some people. It's not working.

I don't relate easily with random people. I need time to study people at close quarters and without any inhibitions - people pretend when meeting primarily to start a relationship. It's better when you meet for a common goal besides that. That's just how I feel.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ehix89(m): 9:12pm On Nov 13, 2018
Callmeibironke:
Hi everyone,
welcome Ronke
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 13, 2018
Callmeibironke:
This is so true. I attended a training with a company I might work for and I was told we can work from home (when I really want to meet people).
i feel your pain, since we are all introverts here we could meet up and hangout . Besides you never know if there is some1 here who lives in the same street as you.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:07pm On Nov 13, 2018
ThaThinka:

Wow, we're practically the same, bro. Never had the opportunity of working in a company since graduating several years ago. I do personal stuff that doesn't involve mixing with people to get by.

I wish I could have the opportunity of mixing with people more. This often makes me to stray to Romance section on here to see if I can meet some people. It's not working.

I don't relate easily with random people. I need time to study people at close quarters and without any inhibitions - people pretend when meeting primarily to start a relationship. It's better when you meet for a common goal besides that. That's just how I feel.
I visit that section too but its overcrowded with hungry guys. Yea I'm guilty of studying people too but we can do better. Lets start mixing with people lets start by saying "hi" to a stranger
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Callmeibironke(f): 4:30pm On Nov 14, 2018
ehix89:
welcome Ronke
Thank you
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Callmeibironke(f): 4:32pm On Nov 14, 2018
Boiling:
i feel your pain, since we are all introverts here we could meet up and hangout . Besides you never know if there is some1 here who lives in the same street as you.
True but that might be awkward. No one might say anything. Me that I will just be smiling
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ThaThinka: 4:42pm On Nov 14, 2018
Boiling:
I visit that section too but its overcrowded with hungry guys. Yea I'm guilty of studying people too but we can do better. Lets start mixing with people lets start by saying "hi" to a stranger

I actually do, but I find that easier to do with ladies. cheesy The problem with that is that I soon become aloof with them, sort of.

When you approach a lady you do not know previously they might think you want to date. Meanwhile, I only want to be friendly. Who knows something serious might come along later on, if we want it, but not from the start.

However, if you meet people where you are together for a common goal, say, at a workplace, you can easily develop a bond of sort without anyone suspecting an 'ulterior motive.'

If it's about saying 'Hi," I do that to people I know from church, area or somewhere else. But it is not easy becoming closer with just that.

A fellow man you don't know well enough might think you are a gay if you try to get too friendly. cheesy Just what I think - I think too much. grin

Boiling:

Nice idea. I actually thought about this as well.

Callmeibironke also has a point, although I don't agree completely.

All introverts are not the same. There are different levels. Some do speak and relate well when in company of people who they feel won't judge them.

As for me, I don't have problem meeting people at all. I can meet any random person so long I feel such doesn't have expectations I'm not comfortable with. Maybe it's because I'm much older now. I try to feel free when meeting a person I have never met before.

The secret is just to accept yourself and say what you need to say - you might need to prepare for this beforehand (rehearse). Try and feel like no one is judging you and don't judge yourself.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by babyfaceafrica: 10:18pm On Nov 14, 2018
Callmeibironke:
True but that might be awkward. No one might say anything. Me that I will just be smiling
lolz...depends...some are introverts.. but not shy ooo...
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Callmeibironke(f): 7:10am On Nov 15, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
lolz...depends...some are introverts.. but not shy ooo...
Abi � Don't mind me jare. I'm here thinking everyone is like me.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by babyfaceafrica: 7:12am On Nov 15, 2018
Callmeibironke:
Abi � Don't mind me jare. I'm here thinking everyone is like me.
so let us start from us....where do you stay?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by faithfull18(f): 5:30am On Nov 16, 2018
Funny thread grin
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Xxpress(m): 12:15am On Nov 19, 2018
Am an introvert. I have been told over time that my life is boring but I enjoy being alone than socializing. I read a lot of books as well.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Xxpress(m): 10:59am On Nov 20, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
so let us start from us....where do you stay?
Don't hook up with a fellow introvert.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by babyfaceafrica: 11:03am On Nov 20, 2018
Xxpress:

Don't hook up with a fellow introvert.
why not?.....is it not better that the house is.as silent as a mortuary than for it to be as noisy as a club house......
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Xxpress(m): 11:18am On Nov 20, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
why not?.....is it not better that the house is.as silent as a mortuary than for it to be as noisy as a club house......
This world is a world of pairs or opposites. You hang out with people that can complement your weaknesses.
Just like in biz, each partners must have different qualities to have a successful biz

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by munalight(f): 2:13pm On Nov 20, 2018
callmeibironke, do you stay in Abuja?

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (301) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.