Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,530 members, 7,954,991 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:46 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (669973 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (301) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Sikemi123: 11:36pm On Nov 20, 2018
I am an introvert. Been trying to work on myself but it's not so easy. I basically don't have any close friends. And this has also affected my relationship life. I really need to get rid of this introvert thing as I am not getting any younger. How can I become an extrovert?

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by babyfaceafrica: 6:08am On Nov 21, 2018
Sikemi123:
I am an introvert. Been trying to work on myself but it's not so easy. I basically don't have any close friends. And this has also affected my relationship life. I really need to get rid of this introvert thing as I am not getting any younger. How can I become an extrovert?
you can't.. accept your fate and move on

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Callmeibironke(f): 7:13am On Nov 21, 2018
munalight:
callmeibironke, do you stay in Abuja?
No, I stay in Lagos.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Callmeibironke(f): 7:21am On Nov 21, 2018
Happy Birthday to ME!
Most of the plans and dreams I have for myself starting this new year, are to be less introverted and be more of myself (Don't mind me, I am contradicting myself here).

To move more closer to God.
To have a real relationship.
To have real close friends.
To have a job where I get to interact with people more.
For my businesses to grow.
To travel.
To move past hurts and pains.
To forgive more, laugh more, smile more, and talk more.
To meet new people (Friends, business associates, etc).
And more.

11 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 22, 2018
Gud plansgrin
Callmeibironke:
Happy Birthday to ME!
Most of the plans and dreams I have for myself starting this new year, are to be less introverted and be more of myself (Don't mind me, I am contradicting myself here).

To move more closer to God.
To have a real relationship.
To have real close friends.
To have a job where I get to interact with people more.
For my businesses to grow.
To travel.
To move past hurts and pains.
To forgive more, laugh more, smile more, and talk more.
To meet new people (Friends, business associates, etc).
And more.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Callmeibironke(f): 7:32pm On Nov 22, 2018
Simplep:
Gud plansgrin
munalight:
callmeibironke, do you stay in Abuja?
Simplep:
Gud plansgrin
yes nke
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Callmeibironke(f): 7:33pm On Nov 22, 2018
@munalight
can I pm you? I have an important question about zenith Bank recruitment. please

Sorry, sending pm now sef
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by munalight(f): 9:10pm On Nov 22, 2018
Callmeibironke:
@munalight
can I pm you? I have an important question about zenith Bank recruitment. please

Sorry, sending pm now sef
Sure!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 1:41am On Nov 23, 2018
ThaThinka:

I actually do, but I find that easier to do with ladies. cheesy The problem with that is that I soon become aloof with them, sort of.

When you approach a lady you do not know previously they might think you want to date. Meanwhile, I only want to be friendly. Who knows something serious might come along later on, if we want it, but not from the start.

However, if you meet people where you are together for a common goal, say, at a workplace, you can easily develop a bond of sort without anyone suspecting an 'ulterior motive.'

If it's about saying 'Hi," I do that to people I know from church, area or somewhere else. But it is not easy becoming closer with just that.

A fellow man you don't know well enough might think you are a gay if you try to get too friendly. cheesy Just what I think - I think too much. grin

Nice idea. I actually thought about this as well.

Callmeibironke also has a point, although I don't agree completely.

All introverts are not the same. There are different levels. Some do speak and relate well when in company of people who they feel won't judge them.

As for me, I don't have problem meeting people at all. I can meet any random person so long I feel such doesn't have expectations I'm not comfortable with. Maybe it's because I'm much older now. I try to feel free when meeting a person I have never met before.

The secret is just to accept yourself and say what you need to say - you might need to prepare for this beforehand (rehearse). Try and feel like no one is judging you and don't judge yourself.

Made a lot of sense here

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 1:58am On Nov 23, 2018

8 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Xxpress(m): 6:10am On Nov 24, 2018
Can I get a reading partner here?

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by febby419(m): 2:57pm On Nov 24, 2018
Hi everyone, I am an introvert, to me it is a blessing and sometimes a curse. I am melancholy. My biggest problem is that I am very optimistic and my biggest fear is failure. With all this in play its frustrating making a decision because I don't want to make a mistake thereby making me angry and depressed. I don't know how to stop it

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 24, 2018
Hi guys, good to be here, I'm an introvert. I enjoy my kind of person just that the part of giving up on people easily is what I have being battling for awhile. I don't like to argue,also I'm a quick decision maker. when I choose to date I date my friend.I don't walk on the street and ask a gurl out either as friends or the other way round.. I take my time to know you more before I engage you.. most of my guys mostly think I'm always scared to approach a lady. that's by the way, I'm an artist and being an introvert is killing the vibe already..i do run from interviews.
to nail it all I have a feminine voice sort of. (if you call me on phone for the first time you might take me for a girl) my voice has its own advantage and disadvantage..one of the advantage is just that people like to get close to me like being friends.. I'm the people's kind of person but I choose them though. the disadvantage is that some people do see me as being weak. which I'm not, I'm too cool headed.. I can't imagine my life without the internet it's suicide lol. I can browse the net all day if I'm chanced...

5 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by hemartins(m): 6:40pm On Nov 25, 2018
NuhRegular:
New here

One thing I'm going to say is that sometimes our biggest problem is thinking we have a problem, that "something must be wrong with me" mindset. Let's bear in mind that there is absolutely nothing wrong with being an introvert, you might miss out on a lot of great things in life yeah, you might not have as much friends as you would wish yeah. But even extroverts experience these things, it doesn't mean you have some sort of disorder, it's okay to want to be better and do better. But a mindset of "I have a problem and I need to fix it" will only make matters worse.

I've read tons of books on this issue but every time I had to download an ebook on how to 'not be an introvert', I was reminded more and more of how "something was probably wrong with me".

Don't judge yourself before the people whose opinions matter so much to you even get to judge you. Just accept yourself for who are. Don't let social media fool you into thinking you're an odd sort, SM has convinced us that
-we are boring because we don't go clubbing every Friday night
-something must be wrong with us because oh everyone except us belongs to a "crew"
-we must have some issues because everybody else is happily boo'd up but us

Hey, Go out more if you want to, say hi to people boldly if you want to, visit new places if it pleases you.. But You're more likely to screw things up if you're walking around like someone's watching so conscious of everything you do because you're pretty much trying to be everything but who you really are (which is an introvert)

They say introvert read books alot. I hardly read. I would rather see movie alone or watch video lessons.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by chikk(f): 8:50pm On Nov 27, 2018
I lead a pretty introverted life lately so I can relate, but you people are quite funny here. Why make it sound like being an introvert is a bad thing? I took time to read the last few posts in here and some are just so funny.

Please, don't change who you are.. Being an introvert is a good thing in its own way. I am very extroverted, but can't even imagine myself ending up with someone like me.

6 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 30, 2018
Sikemi123:
I am an introvert. Been trying to work on myself but it's not so easy. I basically don't have any close friends. And this has also affected my relationship life. I really need to get rid of this introvert thing as I am not getting any younger.How can I become an extrovert?

Thanks for sharing

Why would you want to become an extrovert?

Truth be told: the extrovert style is WAY over-rated as the "normal" way to be.

Please!

Have you considered whether your relationships could be cramped by your trying to fit into some "approved" way to behave?

Remember: You are valuable just the way you are...

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by illegal7(m): 1:50pm On Dec 02, 2018
Sikemi123:

Date someone who's also an introvert and also shares same thought as you do, then together you guys can work it out .

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eyinola: 8:29pm On Dec 02, 2018
I am an introvert and i think am Kool with it.. For me the advantages over weigh the disadvantages.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by charley94: 10:53am On Dec 03, 2018
eyinola:
I am an introvert and i think am Kool with it.. For me the advantages over weigh the disadvantages.
Can you kindly state the advantages, just curious
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 05, 2018
Sikemi123:

You actually do not need to become an extrovert. I could see you think being an extrovert is the only way. Somethings I have come to realise is a lot of things are beyond human comprehension and of course meaning it is not your fault. Even if there was a reason for someone's introvert temperament, one should learn to accept it and love one self. If you are a Christian, know that God loves you and he has not given you a spirit of fear not that of timidity. The righteous are as bold as a lion. Try walking in that consciousness. Additionally, appreciate the people God has brought into your life, especially those who stick with you through thick and thin. They make you appreciate yourself the more. Everyone is important!

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Dhestyny(f): 10:15pm On Dec 05, 2018
Callmeibironke:
Hi everyone,
I am Ronke, an introvert who feels being by herself.
welcome To The Family,bae
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Dhestyny(f): 10:22pm On Dec 05, 2018
Boiling:
Happy, I found this thread. I'm a full breed introvert with no friends or bae. When exhaust or ready to recharge from my exhaustion, I do need someone to tell me all is gonna be well. Its getting out of hand as everything drains me off..
well,now U Have Us And U Can Always Say Ur Mind,we Are Introvert Family And Understand Ourselves

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Dhestyny(f): 10:30pm On Dec 05, 2018
Xxpress:
so,which Book Ar U Reading
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Xxpress(m): 11:31pm On Dec 05, 2018
Dhestyny:
so,which Book Ar U Reading
I read wide. From personal development, motivational, magazine to Novels. I read anything that etch my curiosity

Are you a lover of books too?

Currently reading the secret by Rhonda Byrne
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Dhestyny(f): 6:50am On Dec 06, 2018
Xxpress:

I read wide. From personal development, motivational, magazine to Novels. I read anything that etch my curiosity

Are you a lover of books too?

Currently reading the secret by Rhonda Byrne
yeah,i Lov Reading Especialy Novels Bt I Dnt Realy Note The Author's Name
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Xxpress(m): 9:44am On Dec 06, 2018
Dhestyny:
yeah,i Lov Reading Especialy Novels Bt I Dnt Realy Note The Author's Name
Which novel are you currently reading
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Callmeibironke(f): 9:01pm On Dec 06, 2018
Dhestyny:
welcome To The Family,bae
Thank You! Good to be home (smile)
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Callmeibironke(f): 9:02pm On Dec 06, 2018
special thanks to munalight for checking up on me and attending to my calls.
I am coming back to Abuja jare
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by munalight(f): 11:20pm On Dec 06, 2018
Callmeibironke:
special thanks to munalight for checking up on me and attending to my calls.

I am coming back to Abuja jare

You are welcome dear, Abuja awaits you!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by dzoi(f): 4:33am On Dec 07, 2018
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by dzoi(f): 4:35am On Dec 07, 2018
Xxpress:
Yes and you've got one now... Sent you a pm.

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (301) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.