Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,051 members, 7,835,543 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (642172 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 09, 2019
Vibesking:

I'm the kinda guy that'll rather take a bullet than come out in front of the class to "say a little about myself."

For many years I tried to deny who I really am. I'm an introvert. I hate crowd. I detest small talks. I just wanna be on my own.

I question everything. I question life. I question God. I question reality. I question myself. My mind runs wild and I tend to overthink things.

I'm a typical misfit. You can't associate me with a group. I'm a one man army pointing my own gun to my own head.

I feel people don't understand me, but I can't blame them. I don't even fully understand myself.

I'm an outcast. I like strange things. My favourite colour is black and I put it on everyday.

‌To me, black is not just a colour, its an expression. It represents what I feel inside–void. formless. empty. Lost. Calm. Peace. Chaos.

Lol

The lord is your strength.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by chineduisaac(m): 5:55pm On Sep 09, 2019
R2bees:
Damn! How do you write so well?? I think this is the only thing holding me back, when i see the way people write i can't help but think i have wasted my years in the university. I'm 24 and i still can't hold long conversations with people even on a topics that interests me, I'm scared of making errors thus making me to cut short the convo so i don't embarrass myself. Speaking in public have always been a hell for me as i tend to stutter alot. People say I'm knowledgeable, interesting and funny as hell but i still feel I'm a fraud.... I want to write so well, i want to speak in public, i have millions of ideas stuck in my mind but I chose to keep all to myself so i don't embarrass myself.

Now here is a dude that said he couldn't write well, even writing more than the guy he quoted. Bro you can write and speak smartly, it's just that you don't want to think deeply. Read more books and watch white (foreign movies) and you'll find talking intelligently to people enjoyable. Also don't be afraid to engage in a conversation with people sitting close to you with boldness but lovingly

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by chineduisaac(m): 6:00pm On Sep 09, 2019
R2bees:
Damn! How do you write so well?? I think this is the only thing holding me back, when i see the way people write i can't help but think i have wasted my years in the university. I'm 24 and i still can't hold long conversations with people even on a topics that interests me, I'm scared of making errors thus making me to cut short the convo so i don't embarrass myself. Speaking in public have always been a hell for me as i tend to stutter alot. People say I'm knowledgeable, interesting and funny as hell but i still feel I'm a fraud.... I want to write so well, i want to speak in public, i have millions of ideas stuck in my mind but I chose to keep all to myself so i don't embarrass myself.

Now here is a dude that said he couldn't write well, even writing more than the guy he quoted. Bro you can write and speak smartly, it's just that you don't want to think deeply. Read more books and watch white (foreign movies) and you'll find talking intelligently to people enjoyable. Also don't be afraid to engage in a conversation with people sitting close to you with boldness but lovingly grin
R2bees:

Now here is a dude that said he couldn't write well, even writing more than the guy he quoted. Bro you can write and speak smartly, it's just that you don't want to think deeply. Read more books and watch white (foreign movies) and you'll find talking intelligently to people enjoyable. Also don't be afraid to engage in a conversation with people sitting close to you with boldness but lovingly

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by suregalluv(f): 6:26pm On Sep 09, 2019
R2bees:

Is your stuttering physiological or based on your public appearances? I feel I can write but I'm super lazy but as per public speaking, being in the right environment just motivates me.
I feel you should confide in a very close of yours (that's if you have any) and I'm sure you'll be encouraged to crawl out of this particular "shell". Also, you can try speaking to yourself, as in, reading out paragraphs and other stuffs to feel the motivational speaker in you. grin
I'm actually looking for platforms I can use to express myself more but mehn!! Laziness!

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by emenik08: 2:47am On Sep 10, 2019
R2bees:

Thanks. Funny enough I don't contribute much in groups too because I have never seen myself as a good writer. On the other hand, I have never seen the inability to write down my thoughts as a weakness. It doesn't really bother me just that probably due to my introversion, I am a bit of a perfectionist and is afraid of mistakes, grammatical errors or not passing the intended message properly. Naturally, once am busy doing nothing, my mind starts going from one funny idea or thought to the other. Can sit down and be looking at a tree and feel the urge to write something about trees. Just comes as an urge or let me call it a mood. Initially and to avoid errors, I often use simple or compound sentences though I find it boring.

Before I continue, I need to commend your write up above. It is well thought out and straight to the point. You are knowledgeable, interesting and funny with lots of ideas. These are combinations that makes one a good writer and speaker. When you are called up to speak or want to write, just let it flow naturally. Don't think too much just write or talk. You will only embarrass yourself when you start overthinking it. Although speaking and writing follows different paths but they both agree on one thing - passing a message while observing the audience. I don't know if you have observed this but before you start to talk, you mind has unconsciously laid out what you need to say. You only need to move over the initial phobia due to the presence of a group of people (crowd) and do your thing.

So if you ask me, talk when you feel like and watch how amazed or surprised the people around you will look. I also believe that reading wild helps in both writing and talking as it helps one to analyze things from different perspectives. This may sound funny but can also be a cure for the phobia for public speaking. Have you tried teaching especially in a secondary school or children around that age? The fear of embarrassing yourself in front of them will drive out the fear of talking to them since you know you must talk in other to teach them.

All in all, it only requires taking the first step while forgetting that the crowd even exist. #myThought
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by emenik08: 2:49am On Sep 10, 2019
chineduisaac:

Now here is a dude that said he couldn't write well, even writing more than the guy he quoted. Bro you can write and speak smartly, it's just that you don't want to think deeply. Read more books and watch white (foreign movies) and you'll find talking intelligently to people enjoyable. Also don't be afraid to engage in a conversation with people sitting close to you with boldness but lovingly grin

grin grin grin
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Geofavor(m): 3:00pm On Sep 10, 2019
Vibesking:

I'm the kinda guy that'll rather take a bullet than come out in front of the class to "say a little about myself."

For many years I tried to deny who I really am. I'm an introvert. I hate crowd. I detest small talks. I just wanna be on my own.

I question everything. I question life. I question God. I question reality. I question myself. My mind runs wild and I tend to overthink things.

I'm a typical misfit. You can't associate me with a group. I'm a one man army pointing my own gun to my own head.

I feel people don't understand me, but I can't blame them. I don't even fully understand myself.

I'm an outcast. I like strange things. My favourite colour is black and I put it on everyday.

‌To me, black is not just a colour, its an expression. It represents what I feel inside–void. formless. empty. Lost. Calm. Peace. Chaos.

Nice write-up.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 14, 2019
Hello everyone
I am so happy to meet people like me here on NL
I don't make friends easily, but am somehow close to the ones I have.
People say am a weird person.
When I go somewhere for the first time and first timers are asked to come out for introduction, I can't come out.
I am in school and my classmates think because I don't talk there is nothing in my head.
At home people think I am arrogant and snobbish.
I hate crowds and just want to be on my own.
I try my best not to have issues with my roommates because they make noise and get on my nerves all the time.
I just want to be alone.
And now I want to start a business (selling stuff) I don't know how to go about it.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nikes(m): 1:14pm On Sep 14, 2019
I used to be a 'close-mouth' type of introvert. Always quiet and a lil shy. But then, my mind was always active; constantly exploring its dynamism. By and by, I got into an all boys secondary school where I learned to gain confidence in a lot of ways. Back then at school, no one even knew I was an introvert. I became loud, outspoken and to some extent, a bully(just for fun). I also participated in social functions including performing in other schools where were invited. But in each day that passes by, one would never fail to sight me at some quiet place soaking my self all in some book or just sitting and doing nothing at all.
Back then at home, I was a totally different person. Always indoors putting my creative mindset to work. Matter of fact, I was close door neighbours with the Reverend of my church but he could go 2 weeks without seeing me. A lot of people in my block didn't know me. Some thought I had longed travel. They even started calling me 'Amarya' in hausa which means 'New bride' since the hausa 'Amaryas' hardly ever step out in the early months of their marriage.
Then I got into the university. Things were different. At first I was always by myself, then I started mingling and boom! A lot of my mates got to know me before I even knew them. Them girls think I play too much( if you know what I mean), some would always want me around cause I'm a dose of fun. When ever i step in the class, i say hi to everyone, commend someone's dress, love another's perfume etc.
But after all of this, at the end of the day, I withdraw back to my world. The real world. The world I love. The world of quiet. In this world, My only companion is my headphone and my thoughts. In this world, I permit myself to be selfish. I hardly have visitors, always indoors minding my business. My best friend who doesn't know the 'other me' thinks I'm being wicked for not letting him Accomodate with me.
I discovered that being an introvert allows dynamism and flexibility. If you still haven't recognized the dynamism and strength of an introvert's mind, you might just be wasting your most greatest resources.

Let me tell u a little about myself

I gained confidence when I discovered I could actually speak in different accents- hausa, yoruba, igbo, American, English, Spanish, and other African accents. People easily get fascinated by this. Back in secondary school, they always wanted to hear a Nigerian speak like a pure American breed. I'M AN INTROVERT

I gained confidence when I was approached by a dancer to help out in a competition. I was natural and never danced on a public stage but he noticed me nevertheless...and what i served them blew their minds away. I'M AN INTROVERT

I gained confidence when people commended me for being able to make amateur architectural designs without having a single knowledge of Tech. Drawing. I'M AN INTROVERT

A lot of people still think I'm an arrogant snub who think he's better because he talks sleek. I'M AN INTROVERT

Being an introvert is the best thing that ever happened to me.

But...uhhhm...why do we fantasize so daaamn much angry grin grin grin

14 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 14, 2019
Nikes:
I used to be a 'close-mouth' type of introvert. Always quiet and a lil shy. But then, my mind was always active; constantly exploring its dynamism. By and by, I got into an all boys secondary school where I learned to gain confidence in a lot of ways. Back then at school, no one even knew I was an introvert. I became loud, outspoken and to some extent, a bully(just for fun). I also participated in social functions including performing in other schools where were invited. But in each day that passes by, one would never fail to sight me at some quiet place soaking my self all in some book or just sitting and doing nothing at all.
Back then at home, I was a totally different person. Always indoors putting my creative mindset to work. Matter of fact, I was close door neighbours with the Reverend of my church but he could go 2 weeks without seeing me. A lot of people in my block didn't know me. Some thought I had longed travel. They even started calling me 'Amarya' in hausa which means 'New bride' since the hausa 'Amaryas' hardly ever step out in the early months of their marriage.
Then I got into the university. Things were different. At first I was always by myself, then I started mingling and boom! A lot of my mates got to know me before I even knew them. Them girls think I play too much( if you know what I mean), some would always want me around cause I'm a dose of fun, some love me for being a very good dancer. When ever i step in the class, i say hi to everyone, commend someone's dress, love another's perfume etc.
But after all of this, at the end of the day, I withdraw back to my world. The real world. The world I love. The world of quiet. In this world, My only companion is my headphone and my thoughts. In this world, I permit myself to be selfish. I hardly have visitors, always indoors minding my business. My best friend who doesn't know the 'other me' thinks I'm being wicked for not agreeing to let him Accomodate with me.
I discovered that being an introvert allows dynamism and flexibility. If you still haven't recognized the dynamism and strength of an introvert's mind, you might just be wasting your most greatest resources.

Let me tell u a little about myself

I gained confidence when I discovered I could actually speak in different accents- hausa, yoruba, igbo, American, English, Spanish, and other African accents. People easily get fascinated by this. Back in secondary school, they always wanted to hear a Nigerian speak like a pure American breed. I'M AN INTROVERT

I gained confidence when I was approached by a dancer to help out in a competition. I was natural and never danced on a public stage but he noticed me nevertheless...and what i served them blew their minds away. I'M AN INTROVERT

I gained confidence when people commended me for being able to make amateur architectural designs without having a single knowledge of Tech. Drawing. I'M AN INTROVERT

A lot of people still think I'm an arrogant snub who think he's better because he talks sleek. I'M AN INTROVERT

Being an introvert is the best thing that ever happened to me.

But...uhhhm...why do we fantasize so daaamn much angry grin grin grin
congratulations.
You are lucky being an introvert is helping you positively.
I wish I had that
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:26am On Sep 15, 2019
I agree...who else does?

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Kceefresh19: 7:56am On Sep 15, 2019
[quote author=iamyemiakins post=81629354]Whatsapp me 08134656117, to add u to our Whatsapp group. No dulling!!!

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Kceefresh19: 7:57am On Sep 15, 2019
Who else gets mood swings?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 15, 2019
Kceefresh19:
Who else gets mood swings?

Me, all the time
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rubbiish(m): 10:46am On Sep 15, 2019
Tela101:
Hello everyone
I am so happy to meet people like me here on NL
I don't make friends easily, but am somehow close to the ones I have.
People say am a weird person.
When I go somewhere for the first time and first timers are asked to come out for introduction, I can't come out.
I am in school and my classmates think because I don't talk there is nothing in my head.
At home people think I am arrogant and snobbish.
I hate crowds and just want to be on my own.
I try my best not to have issues with my roommates because they make noise and get on my nerves all the time.
I just want to be alone.
And now I want to start a business (selling stuff) I don't know how to go about it.
The bold is the bane of being an introvert, it affects their business life. To Grow a new business successfully, requires meeting strangers on a daily basis, this introverts don't want. What did u study in school?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rubbiish(m): 10:50am On Sep 15, 2019
JacksonMS:
congratulations.
You are lucky being an introvert is helping you positively.
I wish I had that
Lol
This guy is always complaining
How old re u?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 15, 2019
Rubbiish:

The bold is the bane of being an introvert, it affects their business life. To Grow a new business successfully, requires meeting strangers on a daily basis, this introverts don't want. What did u study in school?

Am still in school,
Studing medicine though
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rubbiish(m): 11:01am On Sep 15, 2019
Tela101:

Am still in school,
Studing medicine though
The bold is d strength of introverts, intelligence
Introverts are naturally intelligent, they spend most of their time with book or music.
Larger percentage of medical, architecture students and even rev. Fathers are introverts.
Anything that requires staying alone are dominated by introverts.

Your choice of profession is a very good one
Why bother about selling stuffs?
I think u should concentrate more on your studies, so u can graduate successfully. Medicine is tough

The world would have been a peaceful place if all humans were to be introverts, but will be a dull world, when i see an introvert, i see peace, they fear trouble so much.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 15, 2019
Rubbiish:

Introverts are naturally intelligent, they spend most of their time with book or music.
Larger percentage of medical, architecture students and even rev. Fathers are introverts.

I think u should concentrate more on your studies, so u can graduate successfully. Medicine is tough

The world would have been a peaceful place if all humans were to be introverts, but will be a dull world, when i see an introvert, i see peace, they fear trouble so much.

I am having some financial difficulties at the moment, that's why I wanted to try selling stuffs.

But thanks
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rubbiish(m): 11:08am On Sep 15, 2019
Tela101:

I am having some financial difficulties at the moment, that's why I wanted to try selling stuffs.

But thanks
What level are u?
Have u crossed your pre mb?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 15, 2019
Rubbiish:

What level are u?
Have u crossed your pre mb?

Yes, am in my 4th year
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DrayZee: 12:28pm On Sep 15, 2019
Jennifer129:
I agree...who else does?
Exactlyyy! Spot on.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nikes(m): 12:35pm On Sep 15, 2019
Rubbiish:

The world would have been a peaceful place if all humans were to be introverts, but will be a dull world, when i see an introvert,[/b] i see peace, they fear trouble so much.[b]
Sooo true bro. I prefer saying sorry for no reason and have my peace of mind than claim rights and be out of mind shape. Some people think I'm being a coward for acting like that. Well...that's just me
But that does not mean I dont get angry. It's too bad to put out in public that I just wait till I'm alone, then I vent it all out on nothing in particular

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 15, 2019
Rubbiish:

Lol
This guy is always complaining
How old re u?
21 years
Its affecting me seriously
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by dalass(f): 6:11pm On Sep 15, 2019
Introverts are intellectuals, intelligent, can be on their own, no qualms.
Others don't understand how you can be so peaceful, enjoy yourself without them, be reading, watch t.v and just keep doing things on your own.
The good part is most of the clumsiness, being shy of crowd goes away with time especially if leadership is thrust on you.
Introverts are unwilling leaders unlike extroverts who are sanguine and choleric.
So the phlegmatic/ melancholic introvert needs maturity to handle moods and go out of his/ her way to mix and not withdraw into a shell (as usual) to be an effective leader.

Being an introvert makes you look and feel cool effortlessly and even intimidate people who try to figure who you are but just can't seem to understand or know where to place you.

Funny some feel your coolness can make them ride me or control me. I like peace, I tolerate some and then, I let them have it! Then, I get my respect grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Bgirlie: 4:51pm On Sep 18, 2019
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 20, 2019
Who would have thought?

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Vibesking(m): 10:02am On Sep 24, 2019
Messed up, I know.
Reckless, I know.
I've got a lot of shii inside been dealing on my own.

I'm my own enemy. Looking in the mirror wondering why I'm so different. Why don't I fit in? Sometimes I stare at the earth and think to my self... This is not the place I was birth.

I'm a wreck. I'm quiet but I'm wild inside. That's a part of me people don't see. They think I'm a great guy but I stare at the mirror and I can't even stand myself. I hate life but I don't wanna die cause I don't think you can do that twice.

My best times come when I'm alone. While it gives me joy, it also brings me pain. Thinking about the past... Thinking about what I said .. thinking about how I should have handled a given situation differently.

I'm just tryna be me... But when I look within myself and I don't like what I see. I'm my own enemy. I know. But even the devil loves himself but I don't love me.

I'm not depressed. I'm just tryna understand life.

8 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Dyungfash(m): 8:02am On Sep 26, 2019
Purely hand made footwear, send ur size we make them for you within 5 working days.. one trial will convince you...
Click on the link below to place an order
https:///08116512022

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Xzbit91: 3:37pm On Sep 26, 2019
Dyungfash:
Purely hand made footwear, send ur size we make them for you within 5 working days.. one trial will convince you...
Click on the link below to place an order
https:///08116512022

Price?

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.