Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,062 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (638549 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Saucekide25(m): 12:05pm On Nov 22, 2019
cindybaby22:

Can i be your girlfriend? smiley

No!! Don't angry me!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by cindybaby22(f): 2:37pm On Nov 22, 2019
Saucekide25:

No!! Don't angry me!
Lol
But U aren't jacksonMS tongue
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Saucekide25(m): 2:59pm On Nov 22, 2019
cindybaby22:

Lol
But U aren't jacksonMS tongue

lipsrsealed embarassed I want too
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by bravesoul247(m): 3:18am On Nov 23, 2019
Vibesking:

I read everything by Robert Greene. Popular ones include "Mastery," "48 Laws of Power," & "Art of Seduction." These books will wake you up from being an emotional junk to a more objective and logical animal.

One of my favourite book is the "Power of your Subconscious Mind" by Joseph Murphy. It debunked popular myth and places the power back in your hands.

I'd also recommend "Meditations" by Marcus Aurelius. Contains short nuggets on various philosophical truths. Could call it a life advice manual. Definitely gonna change your perspective on life.

Then I read a bunch of history too, with a blend of social politics. Mostly about the life of dictators such as Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Vladimir Lenin. etc. "The Rise & Fall of the Third Reich" by William L. Shirer is a good place to start.

These aren't motivational books to make you feel mushy or fuzzy. They'll wake you up to life. To real fuxxxing life!

Yeah, these contents might pose as weird books by societal norms. But they've helped me develop a thick skin.

The world out there isn't fair. As an introvert like me, if you fail to shield yourself mentally, you'd be an emotional mop tossed to and fro by folks who'd wanna take you for a ride by capitalising on your calm and peaceful disposition.

These stuff have taught me to be calm but not to be foolish; to be calculative and astute. It has made me discover that my personality isn't a disadvantage but rather a blessing.

I've learnt to wear my insecurities comfortably with my middle finger to the world.

The Bible is my all time favourite.
Words by the author of Ecclesiastics still leaves me struck as to how a human being could possess that reservoir of practical wisdom. His generation didn't deserve him.

I prefer buying my books from a book store. I love the feel of flipping the pages and marking sentences. Lol.

However, you can get practically any book in pdf from b-ok.org or pdfdrive.com.

Good luck.
Thanks alot, I wish I knew you in person. Bless you fir this recommendations.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by merit1988(f): 10:11am On Nov 23, 2019
I am one
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ameboperoo(m): 3:46pm On Nov 23, 2019
Drizzle007:
Having a serious problem getting a Job because of my nature. Most people I know, which is quite a few got theirs through networking and referrals. I have no one. I've only been contact three times for interviews all in distant locations and I don't even bother going because of that. Introversion is worse when you're done with school, NYSC and anything that forces you to be in crowded places. When you are alone being a job seeker or even trying venturing in a business. It just get you at the neck. Never thought the ripple effect of being an introvert would come hard on me like this.
Try and get engaged in something that occupies you. Like learning programming etc. It's going to build your chance of getting a job.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ameboperoo(m): 3:50pm On Nov 23, 2019
Drizzle007:

I can relate to this. I stay away from relationships for two reasons.
I don't have the finance to back it up currently.
It takes away my solitude due to women being too demanding for attention and all that.
I sometimes like to go days without reaching out to anyone.
When you're in a relationship, try that and it's war.
Man!!
Hmm. I was like that before I met someone I love. Since then, I've always want to be around her. We can spend 8 to 12 hours together and not get bored. She is the only one I have the feeling for though.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Drizzle007(m): 3:48am On Nov 24, 2019
Ameboperoo:

Try and get engaged in something that occupies you. Like learning programming etc. It's going to build your chance of getting a job.

I'm currently on this.
It's actually hard learning alone. At least for me.
But I really do want to. I try.
It's all start and stop.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ameboperoo(m): 6:43am On Nov 24, 2019
Drizzle007:

I'm currently on this.
It's actually hard learning alone. At least for me.
But I really do want to. I try.
It's all start and stop.
That not withstanding, you should have at least one friend whom you are close to. Preferably the opposite sex.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Drizzle007(m): 9:06am On Nov 24, 2019
Ameboperoo:

That not withstanding, you should have at least one friend whom you are close to. Preferably the opposite sex.

I used to have someone of the opposite sex. Our relationship was like yours. I learnt to be with the person all day and became pretty attached. But then when they leave you, man I haven't trusted anything that looks like her since then.
I have close friends (guys) but they are not like me.
All currently employed and extroverted.
It becomes annoying when you're chatting with them and the next question is 'you don get job? '.
That question repeated overtime can cause you to distance yourself.
No one wants to be reminded of his set backs.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by scave(m): 1:28pm On Nov 24, 2019
Drizzle007:

I used to have someone of the opposite sex. Our relationship was like yours. I learnt to be with the person all day and became pretty attached. But then when they leave you, man I haven't trusted anything that looks like her since then.
I have close friends (guys) but they are not like me.
All currently employed and extroverted.
It becomes annoying when you're chatting with them and the next question is 'you don get job? '.
That question repeated overtime can cause you to distance yourself.
No one wants to be reminded of his set backs.

I am in your shoes bro, I had to take teaching job, a job I detest the most, but it motivates me to learn programming because I want to leave there as soon as possible. When I was looking for job the morale to learn programming diminished I prefer watching film and playing game morning to night. But as I started teaching I become more conscious of my development and immediately I come back from school I learn something on programming.

Nothing bad in starting from small so far you have a focus.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Drizzle007(m): 2:13pm On Nov 24, 2019
scave:

I am in your shoes bro, I had to take teaching job, a job I detest the most, but it motivates me to learn programming because I want to leave there as soon as possible. When I was looking for job the morale to learn programming diminished I prefer watching film and playing game morning to night. But as I started teaching I become more conscious of my development and immediately I come back from school I learn something on programming.

Nothing bad in starting from small so far you have a focus.

Can I get your contact?
Maybe I could draw from your zeal and we could form up a team learning pattern.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by scave(m): 4:28pm On Nov 24, 2019
Drizzle007:

Can I get your contact?
Maybe I could draw from your zeal and we could form up a team learning pattern.

O
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Vibesking(m): 3:49am On Nov 25, 2019
bravesoul247:
Thanks alot, I wish I knew you in person. Bless you fir this recommendations.

You're welcome.
Thanks
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 26, 2019
I'm introverted but I'm neither timid nor shy (except I'm in the middle of a crowd though). I don't have problems starting conversations but I hardly do. I really don't enjoy knowing too many people so I mostly keep to myself. I enjoy my own company but I also enjoy gisting and hanging out with very close friends.

Women have never really been a problem, I dated beautiful women and married one. Funny enough I have only 'toasted' a girl on the road just once. I have always operated best with girls that are within my reach, classmates, colleagues, people introducing me to a girl etc. I have no problem 'toasting' a girl in such situations, I actually find it very easy. Meeting random girls was never my thing.

I enjoy intimate settings, one on one in a restaurant, bar or somewhere serene. However, I occasionally want to hang out at the club or loud bar. I just noticed now that I prefer just being alone in my room, just flipping through channels or binging on Youtube, doing nothing. But the kids keep jumping all over.. LOL. I have lost the zeal for movies and reading.

Basically, I've gone through the cycle of very introverted in my teens, to a bit outgoing in my 20's and early 30's and now I'm settling back into my introverted state.

10 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by SkinnyNigga: 7:28am On Nov 27, 2019
JacksonMS:
you even have a girlfriend undecided
I will sell my soul to have a girlfriend for 5 minutes
haha. see brother wey mumu
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Yakira(f): 4:29pm On Nov 29, 2019
Hello y'all, so I'll say I'm actually an ambivert (introvert and extrovert) presently although the introverted part of me is more stronger
I hope I'm welcomed

Can someone recommend some books, I really want to increase my intelligence especially in the parts of politics, business and understanding humans
thank you

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 29, 2019
Most psychopaths are introverts... How true is this?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Hakeem12(m): 10:17pm On Nov 29, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Lol, I once took a course on terrorism and my lecturer mentioned something like this. He also said quiet people who don't socialize much are often targeted by people who recruit terrorists, since they keep secrets better and follow through with tasks. I never agreed with that though.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 6:58am On Nov 30, 2019
Hakeem12:
Lol, I once took a course on terrorism and my lecturer mentioned something like this. He also said quiet people who don't socialize much are often targeted by people who recruit terrorist, since they keep secrets better and follow through with tasks. I never agreed with that though.
most of the books I've read on psychopaths points towards introverts. Though serial killers like Hannibal lecter was a different case entirely.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Xzbit91: 9:25am On Nov 30, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
most of the books I've read on psychopaths points towards introverts. Though serial killers like Hannibal lecter was a different case entirely.

Correlation does not equal causation. A psychopath has blatant disregard for social coventions, doesn't necessarily mean the person has to be introverted.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 30, 2019
Xzbit91:

Correlation does not equal causation. A psychopath has blatant disregard for social coventions, doesn't necessarily mean the person has to be introverted.
Right smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 30, 2019
From my experience, introversion is more of a curse.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Depressed101: 2:36pm On Dec 01, 2019
Yakira:
Hello y'all, so I'll say I'm actually an ambivert (introvert and extrovert) presently although the introverted part of me is more stronger
I hope I'm welcomed

Can someone recommend some books, I really want to increase my intelligence especially in the parts of politics, business and understanding humans
thank you
read comments grin it's free

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Depressed101: 2:45pm On Dec 01, 2019
Gaggi:
I'm introverted but I'm neither timid nor shy (except I'm in the middle of a crowd though). I don't have problems starting conversations but I hardly do. I really don't enjoy knowing too many people so I mostly keep to myself. I enjoy my own company but I also enjoy gisting and hanging out with very close friends.

Women have never really been a problem, I dated beautiful women and married one. Funny enough I have only 'toasted' a girl on the road just once. I have always operated best with girls that are within my reach, classmates, colleagues, people introducing me to a girl etc. I have no problem 'toasting' a girl in such situations, I actually find it very easy. Meeting random girls was never my thing.

I enjoy intimate settings, one on one in a restaurant, bar or somewhere serene. However, I occasionally want to hang out at the club or loud bar. I just noticed now that I prefer just being alone in my room, just flipping through channels or binging on Youtube, doing nothing. But the kids keep jumping all over.. LOL. I have lost the zeal for movies and reading.

Basically, I've gone through the cycle of very introverted in my teens, to a bit outgoing in my 20's and early 30's and now I'm settling back into my introverted state.
hmm i wonder what it's like been an introverted father. How do you cope and your wife too how does she handle you..

Sometimes my sister and mum disturb me, let's go here and there, let's meet so so and so. Sometimes i oblige, most times i just want to coil up in my room playing games, watching movie, watching youtube videos, or reading and writing comments on nairaland...

And how do you cope with your extended family, how much do you call people. And your working place too.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Depressed101: 2:53pm On Dec 01, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
far from it. Infact to be a psychopath you have to be able communicate extravagantly and be able to control people. Only extroverts possess this skill of lies, deceits and manipulations needed to be a psychopath.. Nevertheless

A psychopath can become withdrawn" but doesn't make them an introvert

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Depressed101: 3:00pm On Dec 01, 2019
Vibesking:

I read everything by Robert Greene. Popular ones include "Mastery," "48 Laws of Power," & "Art of Seduction." These books will wake you up from being an emotional junk to a more objective and logical animal.

One of my favourite book is the "Power of your Subconscious Mind" by Joseph Murphy. It debunked popular myth and places the power back in your hands.

I'd also recommend "Meditations" by Marcus Aurelius. Contains short nuggets on various philosophical truths. Could call it a life advice manual. Definitely gonna change your perspective on life.

Then I read a bunch of history too, with a blend of social politics. Mostly about the life of dictators such as Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Vladimir Lenin. etc. "The Rise & Fall of the Third Reich" by William L. Shirer is a good place to start.

These aren't motivational books to make you feel mushy or fuzzy. They'll wake you up to life. To real fuxxxing life!

Yeah, these contents might pose as weird books by societal norms. But they've helped me develop a thick skin.

The world out there isn't fair. As an introvert like me, if you fail to shield yourself mentally, you'd be an emotional mop tossed to and fro by folks who'd wanna take you for a ride by capitalising on your calm and peaceful disposition.

These stuff have taught me to be calm but not to be foolish; to be calculative and astute. It has made me discover that my personality isn't a disadvantage but rather a blessing.

I've learnt to wear my insecurities comfortably with my middle finger to the world.

The Bible is my all time favourite.
Words by the author of Ecclesiastics still leaves me struck as to how a human being could possess that reservoir of practical wisdom. His generation didn't deserve him.

I prefer buying my books from a book store. I love the feel of flipping the pages and marking sentences. Lol.

However, you can get practically any book in pdf from b-ok.org or pdfdrive.com.

Good luck.
you sub consciously wrote about me. This is so me...
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Vibesking(m): 12:02pm On Dec 02, 2019
Depressed101:
you sub consciously wrote about me. This is so me...

You've got a funny moniker.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Depressed101: 12:10pm On Dec 02, 2019
Vibesking:

You've got a funny moniker.
grin don't reason it
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 05, 2019
Depressed101:
hmm i wonder what it's like been an introverted father. How do you cope and your wife too how does she handle you..

Sometimes my sister and mum disturb me, let's go here and there, let's meet so so and so. Sometimes i oblige, most times i just want to coil up in my room playing games, watching movie, watching youtube videos, or reading and writing comments on nairaland...

And how do you cope with your extended family, how much do you call people. And your working place too.
Let me say this, an introvert is different from an antisocial person.

I like a calm and peaceful setting and I enjoy my company. However, I do socialize with people. I don't have a problem calling people to check on them. I do play with my kids. My wife and I chat alot, we talk about everything.

The thing is I just feel calm and peaceful when i am alone. I do what I have to do with family and friends whilst also finding out time to do my own thing.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.