Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,645 members, 7,813,164 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (637181 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Juell(m): 7:19am On Aug 06, 2020
Swtbabyvee:
whatever congratulations for being able to correct and understand what I wrote , but I sha wrote it and u understood right ? Yes . I will continue to spell the way I like , so that u would hv work to do . Since u jobless looking for my spellings u want to correct . Even if I no send u message
Chai! Your case no be here O! cheesy u're a very lonely and timid person, instead of you to be nice and making friends u're here using the wrong approach to make yourself relevant. Let me gist you, not everyone here is as jobless as you, not everyone works 24/7 to make it in life.

5 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 06, 2020
I only have virtual friends. I’ve been keeping some for over 8 years and we’ve never met before. My phone is my companion most times and i can chat for looong hours. I love partying and i like dancing but it’s all in my head.

I don’t know if i am an introvert or just laid back.
*this is me thinking aloud*.
Good morning!

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by oyetpel(m): 11:54am On Aug 06, 2020
whocares1:
I only have virtual friends. I’ve been keeping some for over 8 years and we’ve never met before. My phone is my companion most times and i can chat for looong hours. I love partying and i like dancing but it’s all in my head.

Good morning!

morning

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by oyetpel(m): 8:10pm On Aug 06, 2020
I have something to share.

I saw a thread on front page titled "At 23, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life".

Although i haven't read through it, but such thoughts have been on my mind for long.

Though i am above the said age, but i feel kind of empty.

I am sharing this cos i am an introvert.

The covid-19 stopped school for 5 months going now, and since schools closed i haven't been doing anything. And the lockdown has affected my family's finance adversely.

But being home and seeing young boys spending sometimes breaks me down.

And mostly what these boys are doing might be runs or fraud.

And i get this look everytime, if feels like any young guy that is not rich in Nigeria right now is nothing.
Even the way people look at you in church sef.

Assuming one is into fraud and getting money, these people will respect and worship one.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Wizdray: 8:35pm On Aug 06, 2020
oyetpel:

I saw a thread on front page titled "At 23, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life".

Although i haven't read through it, but such thoughts have been on my mind for long.

The covid-19 stopped school for 5 months going now, and since Schools closed i haven't doing anything. And the lockdown has affected my family's finance adversely.

But been home and seeing young boys spending sometimes break me down.

And i get this look everytime, if feels like any young guy that is not rich in Nigeria right now is nothing.

Assuming one is into fraud and getting money, but people will respect and worship one.
Same here boss. Am already 26 but I feel so empty always. I always feel like am I really 26 because I've seen men that age having family and doing well but my case is quite different.

Maybe because I don't really have any skill and am still in school, still have like 3 more years to graduate, am just tired I swear but I ain't gonna kill myself o jare.

Boys in my area that I went to their naming ceremonies already popping babies out and doing well, many of them are into scam anyway.

That's why I don't like coming home cos all eyes always on me like what is he still doing all this while but can't stay back at school cos it was damn empty before I left.

But I AIN'T GONNA KILL MYSELF

We go dey alright one day o jare

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by tot(f): 12:08am On Aug 07, 2020
Wizdray:
Same here boss. .

oyetpel:

I know it's not easy but remember that the race is not to the swift. The person 'doing well' today from illegal runs, you don't know their end or where they would be tomorrow.

It's in tough times that men are made. This is the time to look inwards to discover one's purpose.
As long as you are alive, there is always hope.

7 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by oyetpel(m): 12:59am On Aug 07, 2020
Wizdray:
Same here boss. Am already 26 but I feel so empty always. I always feel like am I really 26 because I've seen men that age having family and doing well but my case is quite different.

Maybe because I don't really have any skill and am still in school, still have like 3 more years to graduate, am just tired I swear but I ain't gonna kill myself o jare.

Boys in my area that I went to their naming ceremonies already popping babies out and doing well, many of them are into scam anyway.

That's why I don't like coming home cos all eyes always on me like what is he still doing all this while but can't stay back at school cos it was damn empty before I left.

We will keep marching on.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by oyetpel(m): 1:00am On Aug 07, 2020
tot:

I know it's not easy but remember that the race is not to the swift. The person 'doing well' today from illegal runs, you don't know their end or where they would be tomorrow.

It's in tough times that men are made. This is the time to look inwards to discover one's purpose.
As long as you are alive, there is always hope.

Thanks for the encouragement.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Liliantalks: 7:49am On Aug 07, 2020
So na my name Una take Dey play, LOL for weyti no concern me. This life no balance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Liliantalks: 8:02am On Aug 07, 2020
whocares1:

Good morning!
Good morning, I love dancing also, but alone in my room , I don’t know if I am a good dancer , but when I dance I normally feel like a super star with my door locked ofc. Okay I think I am a good dancer but too shy to do that in public , I like going to the club cause I feel free to dance with no one really looking at me because everybody is dancing, with a lot of alcohol in my system tho, I think I hv only gone 3s all my life, I had fun. But yeah I am an introvert. But I hv friends around me who make it a compulsion i hv some little fun in my life . Some of my friends even buy me clothes so I won’t hv any excuse. My phone is my best friend, my everything.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by tot(f): 8:10am On Aug 07, 2020
oyetpel:

Thanks for the encouragement.

You're welcome.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by samuelpeters(m): 9:25am On Aug 07, 2020
oyetpel:

The covid-19 stopped school for 5 months going now, and since schools closed i haven't been doing anything. And the lockdown has affected my family's finance adversely.

Assuming one is into fraud and getting money, these people will respect and worship one.
That is the World we are living in. Nobody cares how you Make your money, all they want to know is "have you made it or not". The former will be worshipped and respected while the Latter....you know already grin

Keep Living your Life. Life is a race. Stay in your Lane. Anytime you have the opportunity to Learn a skill, please learn.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by samuelpeters(m): 9:29am On Aug 07, 2020
Wizdray:

Thats the spirit bro. "I can't kill myself"
Once you have the opportunity, learn a skill.
This Life is structured in a way that you will see people you are better than and people better than you.
Face your business, do your thing, find purpose and you will never be empty again.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by samuelpeters(m): 9:38am On Aug 07, 2020
Liliantalks:
Good morning, I love dancing also, but alone in my room , I don’t know if I am a good dancer , but when I dance I normally feel like a super star with my door locked ofc. Okay I think I am a good dancer but too shy to do that in public , I like going to the club cause I feel free to dance with no one really looking at me because everybody is dancing, with a lot of alcohol in my system tho, I think I hv only gone 3s all my life, I had fun. But yeah I am an introvert. But I hv friends around me who make it a compulsion i hv some little fun in my life . Some of my friends even buy me clothes so I won’t hv any excuse. My phone is my best friend, my everything.
grin
Imagine how the world of an introvert would have been like without Gadgets.

Everything is to keep improving yourself especially Social skill.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 07, 2020
Liliantalks:

I have been to the club once in my entire life! It is only my brother that i hang out with once in a blue moon. I love to party and have fun but it’s all in my head. Like i said earlier, my phone is my companion. I surf the internet and I chat alot!

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by tot(f): 7:17pm On Aug 07, 2020

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Liliantalks: 8:22am On Aug 08, 2020
samuelpeters:

grin
Imagine how the world of an introvert would have been like without Gadgets.

Everything is to keep improving yourself especially Social skill.
yes oo , I love my phone too much. When I am with my phone , I talk everywhere and express myself freely

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by TakeYourChance: 10:44am On Aug 08, 2020
Ladies and gentlemen, a better and cheaper alternative to DSTV, including watching over football matches, from different and more leagues- https://vueflix.co.uk

Price = £10 per month (obviously cheaper than DStv)

Number of channels = over 15,000 channels from around the world, including much more football leagues

Device = works on your phone, laptop and other devices

Unique feature = you an customize channels he/she prefers.

Olarewajub:
Introvert comes from Latin intro- , "inward," and vertere , "turning." It describes a person who tends to turn inward mentally. Introverts sometimes avoid large groups of people, feeling more energized by time alone.
Introversion is at its root a type of temperament. It is not the same as shyness or having a withdrawn personality, and it is not pathological. It is also not something you can change. But you can learn to work with it, not against it.

Introvert Facts

• 75 percent of the world is extroverted.

• Being introverted affects all areas of your life.

• Nothing is wrong with you.

• Introverts feel drained and overstimulated.

• Being introverted is something to be celebrated.

Common Introversion Traits

Introversion is marked by a number of sub-traits:

1. Very self-aware

2. Thoughtful

3. Enjoys understanding details

4. Interested in self-knowledge and self-understanding

5. Tends to keep emotions private

6. Quiet and reserved in large groups or around unfamiliar people

7. More sociable and gregarious around people they know well

8. Learns well through observation.

Introverts Library

1. Quiet by Susan Cain

2. Success as an Introvert for Dummies by Joan Pastor

3. Introvert Power by Laurie Helgoe, PhD

4. Introverts in Love by Sophia Dembling

5. The Awakened Introvert by Arnie Kozak

6. The Irresistible Introvert by Michaela Chung

7. Quiet Influence by Jennifer B. Kahnweiler, PhD

8. The Introvert Advantage by Marti Olsen Laney, Psy.D.

9. The Introvert Entrepreneur by Beth Buelow

10. Quiet Power: The Secret Strength of Introverted Kids by Susan Cain

11. Introvert Doodles by Maureen “Marzi” Wilson

Quiet people are often found to have profound insights.
The shallow water in a brook or river runs fast:
The deep water seems calmer.

—JAMES ROGERS

Are you an introvert? If yes, this is definitely the place to be.
What are your challenges as an introvert and are you happy about your introversion?

P.S=> Extrovert- Keep Off.

https://obodiary.com/we-need-to-talk-about-introversion-personality/

https://www.verywellmind.com/signs-you-are-an-introvert-2795427

https://introvertdear.com/what-is-an-introvert-definition/

Welcome to Nairaland Introverts Lounge

smiley wink cheesy shocked I

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by lekxaid007(m): 10:17pm On Aug 08, 2020
I've been on Nairaland for over 7years now, and I must say this one of the best thread I came across so far,everything I see here is just a discription of who am I.
it's good to meet my fellow introvert here.
Ive started reading from page one

6 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 12:14am On Aug 09, 2020
oyetpel:

You are not alone. A lot of young people out there experience the same feeling of inadequacy at one point or the other. It just seems as if you are the last person to figure his/her life path – a late bloomer. Your former mates in secondary school are now balling hard with Benz and apple products. It can be too much pressure to handle. Unfortunately, society now celebrates those who accrue illegal wealth. What do we do?
The best way to tackle this feeling of inadequacy is to go on a journey of self-discovery. Who are you?

Do you love to write and researching on topics?

Do you find yourself watching a make-up tutorial on YouTube?

Are you Beyonce in the bathroom and Stevie Wonder in your head?

Does graphic design interest you?

Are you an athlete?

Do you love cooking?

Does photography fascinate you?

What about programming?

There are many more questions to be answered. It is necessary to identify a thing that we enjoy to do. This thing is very pronounced that everybody around us is aware of it; it is that thing that sparkles our heart. Whether as a student or entrepreneur, we all have that unique quality that differentiates us – side hustle. As a student, you can try to start figuring out what you would want to do after school and how you should begin building networks.

At a point, I lost my voice, but somehow I found my voice through writing. Many years ago, I wouldn’t think I would be able to write 100-word documents. I was always intrigued when I read intelligent comments on Nairaland. I’m not a pro writer neither do I make money from writing. I’ve have figured out that I love to write. What gives you a voice?

As introverts or extroverts, we must try to figure ourselves and identify activities that we love. Do not feel bad about yourself because you are not rolling with the big guys in the hood. If you have friends or neighbours who are making money through legit means, you can try to approach them to learn their craft.

If you have enough internet data, you can learn skills online on Udemy, edX, Coursera, LinkedIn Learning, YouTube, e.t.c.
Insufficient internet data? No problem. You can learn ten courses (pdf format) free of charge and earn certificates on https://www.emarketinginstitute.org/. For programming, use SoloLearn.

I believe by the time you engage in learning new productive skills online or offline, you will start thinking of giving Jeff Bezos a run for the trillionaire race. grin

I wrote a piece on

"Sometimes giving up is the best option" = https://obodiary.com/sometimes-giving-up-is-the-best-option/

How to survive when your friends are successful” you can check it out > https://obodiary.com/when-your-friends-are-more-successful/

One Love. Stay Safe

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Mrviktor(m): 11:45am On Aug 09, 2020
Who else is scared of video calls or is it just me

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 09, 2020
Mrviktor:
Who else is scared of video calls or is it just me
I hate video calls, when you call me on video call without informing first informing, The feeling I get can be likened to a traumatized rape victim. When others make their video call, I try all I can to make sure I can't be seen in the background by the person at the other end.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by lekxaid007(m): 1:05pm On Aug 09, 2020
I don't talk to guys in my neighborhood, some of them concluded I'm proud and snub.
they were all surprised the day i have a conversation with them, with respect and humor during a community meeting.

since then they respect me so much and change their perspective about me

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by minicky: 7:10pm On Aug 09, 2020
hey guys I need your advice right now am not mentally okay cause I lost my last 14k to sport betting I guess am a foolish introvert that's greedy..I have been depressed lately coz I don't have a job and the money I had it's now gone to sport betting am typing this in regret I don't know if I should try recover my Money back through betting too ..life no dey sweet me again

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ajibel(m): 7:43pm On Aug 09, 2020
This thread still dey move sef shocked

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 09, 2020
lekxaid007:
I've been on Nairaland for over 7years now, and I must say this one of the best thread I came across so far,everything I see here is just a discribtion of who am I.
it's good to meet my fellow introvert here.
Ive started reading from page one

I read from the first page too!

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 09, 2020
minicky:
hey guys I need your advice right now am not mentally okay cause I lost my last 14k to sport betting I guess am a foolish introvert that's greedy..I have been depressed lately coz I don't have a job and the money I had it's now gone to sport betting am typing this in regret I don't know if I should try recover my Money back through betting too ..life no dey sweet me again

How did you get the 14k in the first place? Don’t you have a job? Bro, betting is not the way. Did you say you want to get your 14k back through betting? Naah!!!

Try something else please.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by minicky: 10:37pm On Aug 09, 2020
whocares1:

How did you get the 14k in the first place? Don’t you have a job? Bro, betting is not the way. Did you say you want to get your 14k back through betting? Naah!!!

Try something else please.
saving from little I get to come by

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 12:48am On Aug 10, 2020
minicky:

First of all, sorry for your loss. To answer your question, you cannot regain your money through betting. Sports betting software is in a near-win format. There will always be that one game that cuts your ticket and ruins your chance of winning. Sport betting owners want you to believe that you can cash out big if you try out one last time.

Unfortunately, there is no easy way out of sports betting habit. You need to identify what triggers you to engage in sports betting.

What day of the week do you bet the most?

Do you have friends who are also into betting?

Does the urge to bet come when you walk past the betting shop in your street?

Are you compelled to bet when you watch football matches at the viewing centre?

Do you visit sport betting websites when you are bored?

When you can identify your triggers, you are already halfway to solving the problem. This way, you will know how to replace the triggers with other activities. Keep a betting diary. Anytime you place a bet, write out the date and amount.

I recommend that you read “The Power of Habit” by Charles Duhigg.

For your job hunt, consider to create a thread on Nairaland and see whether any help comes through. Goodluck.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 1:49am On Aug 10, 2020
minicky:
saving from little I get to come by

Eeyah!
Try something more legit. Not gambling

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by xrayj(m): 4:40pm On Aug 10, 2020
NewSoul:

I hate video calls, when you call me on video call without informing first informing, The feeling I get can be likened to a traumatized rape victim. When others make their video call, I try all I can to make sure I can't be seen in the background by the person at the other end.
This is serious!
Are u male or female?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by xrayj(m): 4:43pm On Aug 10, 2020
minicky:
You will save yourself a lot of heartache if you can quit betting today...but unfortunately it is very difficult to quit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.