Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,664 members, 7,813,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (637195 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:53am On Aug 15, 2020
Sometimes I get scared of bumping into people. Sometimes I go far away to be alone. Sometimes I am scared of sitting amongst friends.
Sometimes or most times?

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by TrippleEEE: 10:35am On Aug 15, 2020
VLTA:
Sometimes I get scared of bumping into people.
Sometimes I go far away to be alone.
Sometimes I am scared of sitting amongst friends.

Sometimes or most times?

Do you know why ? There might be an underlying reason for this. Lonely childhood, being bullied etc.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by xrayj(m): 1:13pm On Aug 15, 2020
VLTA:

Sometimes or most times?
Hmmm
How old are u?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Doloris2626: 4:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
I do enjoy my space, solitude and sometimes I just want to go out there and talk to someone but I got no buddy to hang out with. I really need to make new friends in Abuja. Please hit me up if you are interested for a hangout no strings attached.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 18, 2020

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by iamyemiakins(m): 2:09pm On Aug 19, 2020
Dreamswayne:
Is it just me who struggle with my weight as a result of staying indoors?

I haven't stepped out of my house in over three months!, I am an introvert, but I think I suffer from social anxiety!

Nice thread!

Seriously?!

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by vhuqnl(m): 3:11pm On Aug 19, 2020
Introvert offline, extrovert online. That's what I've noticed with introverts.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by vhuqnl(m): 3:13pm On Aug 19, 2020
NewSoul:
sad I just want to be alone, I don't like the family I'm born into, I'm not yet independent if not I would have left never to be heard from again cry . I don't like women nor the only thing they have to offer (sex) therefore marriage is erased from my life goals. There's nothing that excites me (money, food,sex, vacation, technology), everything seems meaningless and vague.
This might be a mental illness issue and not introversion.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by vhuqnl(m): 3:19pm On Aug 19, 2020
Mrviktor:
Who else is scared of video calls or is it just me
Ordinary voice call or voice notes, I hate.. How much more video call
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by vhuqnl(m): 3:21pm On Aug 19, 2020
minicky:
hey guys I need your advice right now am not mentally okay cause I lost my last 14k to sport betting I guess am a foolish introvert that's greedy..I have been depressed lately coz I don't have a job and the money I had it's now gone to sport betting am typing this in regret I don't know if I should try recover my Money back through betting too ..life no dey sweet me again
Stay away from bets

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by vhuqnl(m): 3:22pm On Aug 19, 2020
TrippleEEE:

Do you know why ? There might be an underlying reason for this. Lonely childhood, being bullied etc.
Was about saying this.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by vhuqnl(m): 3:23pm On Aug 19, 2020
VLTA:

Sometimes or most times?
Try to think back to why such happened, a trauma from d past. Face it and confront it. Practice affirmations too

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 19, 2020
vhuqnl:

Try to think back to why such happened, a trauma from d past. Face it and confront it. Practice affirmations too

What's affirmation?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 19, 2020
xrayj:

Hmmm
How old are u?

Not so late 20s
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 19, 2020
TrippleEEE:

Probably my childhood and some circumstances now in adulthood
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by TrippleEEE: 10:00pm On Aug 19, 2020
VLTA:

Probably my childhood and some circumstances now in adulthood
Glad you figured out. Then take the next step.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 19, 2020
TrippleEEE:
Glad you figured out. Then take the next step.
Which is?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by TrippleEEE: 10:17pm On Aug 19, 2020
VLTA:

Which is?
Deliberately work to make it better. Expose yourself to helpful videos. And take deliberate actions against your norm. You really need to find a way to convince yourself that you deserve the best.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 19, 2020
TrippleEEE:

Deliberately work to make it better. Expose yourself to helpful videos. And take deliberate actions against your norm. You really need to find a way to convince yourself that you deserve the best.

Alright thanks sir

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by vhuqnl(m): 9:05am On Aug 20, 2020
VLTA:

What's affirmation?
Positive speakings. Like prophecy something like that.

I will not be scared today. People will be nice today. I'm not useless. I'm a force to be reckoned with.
You can search YouTube and online for more intricacies
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 20, 2020
vhuqnl:
Positive speakings. Like prophecy something like that.

I will not be scared today. People will be nice today. I'm not useless. I'm a force to be reckoned with.
You can search YouTube and online for more intricacies
OK thanks very much

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 20, 2020
vhuqnl:

This might be a mental illness issue and not introversion.
I'm not mad, I'm very much normal..

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by vhuqnl(m): 12:39pm On Aug 20, 2020
NewSoul:

I'm not mad, I'm very much normal..
Lol. Do u know depression is a mental issue? You don't have to be "mad" to have mental health issues.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 22, 2020
Doloris2626:
I do enjoy my space, solitude and sometimes I just want to go out there and talk to someone but I got no buddy to hang out with. I really need to make new friends in Abuja. Please hit me up if you are interested for a hangout no strings attached.
Funny, we are somewhat similar. I live a life of solitude, conscious of myself. Yes, I do get that urge/feeling to also just want to burst out like sack filled with water colours and express myself through talking with anyone who I cane relate fine with. But it is not easy finding the right people too. Well, i'm from Abj too and I am a guy.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Vibesking(m): 3:58pm On Aug 23, 2020
Introversion can be a curse. You'll find yourself talking to walls, insects, trees, & even your shadow sometimes: Everything but fellow humans. Suddenly, all energy is gone & all you think of is the warmth on your sofa. It is for this reason introverts walk fast.

To get away from the noise as soon as possible. Because such noise drowns out their imagination. And they need to be alone with their minds like one needs oxygen. My biggest concern is that one gets so comfortable in their skin, they might never admit a partner into their space.

Because where the extroverted asks "why not", the introvert asks "why should I admit you into my space? I am missing nothing". It would explain their impatient, unforgiving nature. Can an introvert truly love another as they love themselves? I doubt it. But they try.

I am introverted. This is my reality. I hate small-talk. I have a short attention span. If I don't care for you, I will not remember your name. You'll mostly find me in nature, Crowds make me claustrophobic. I can't stand noise. I love being in control: It's a curse & a blessing.

If I'm talking to you, I made that decision. It's not accidental. It's not the first time I saw you either. I have been assessing you. Leave your shoes at the door. Don't be loud. Don't stay too long either, I soon tire of company. Don't call me. I'll call you. Keep your distance

Don't lie to me, I will never lie to you. But if you lie to me, I have a wilder imagination. I will always out-lie you. Remember that, it will come in handy. I don't fight for people, I walk away. If I do you right, do me right. I can be selfish, look after yourself around me.

I have conferences in my head. Sometimes, it gets heated in there & I end up mumbling it away. If you catch me at it, I'll pretend to be singing/rapping. Don't ask me: "who are you talking to?" Save us the awkwardness. All in all, I'm an introvert... And I love me.

11 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by sheepheart(f): 4:38pm On Aug 23, 2020
Vibesking:
Introversion can be a curse. You'll find yourself talking to walls, insects, trees, & even your shadow sometimes: Everything but fellow humans. Suddenly, all energy is gone & all you think of is the warmth on your sofa. It is for this reason introverts walk fast.

To get away from the noise as soon as possible. Because such noise drowns out their imagination. And they need to be alone with their minds like one needs oxygen. My biggest concern is that one gets so comfortable in their skin, they might never admit a partner into their space.

Because where the extroverted asks "why not", the introvert asks "why should I admit you into my space? I am missing nothing". It would explain their impatient, unforgiving nature. Can an introvert truly love another as they love themselves? I doubt it. But they try.

I am introverted. This is my reality. I hate small-talk. I have a short attention span. If I don't care for you, I will not remember your name. You'll mostly find me in nature, Crowds make me claustrophobic. I can't stand noise. I love being in control: It's a curse & a blessing.

If I'm talking to you, I made that decision. It's not accidental. It's not the first time I saw you either. I have been assessing you. Leave your shoes at the door. Don't be loud. Don't stay too long either, I soon tire of company. Don't call me. I'll call you. Keep your distance

Don't lie to me, I will never lie to you. But if you lie to me, I have a wilder imagination. I will always out-lie you. Remember that, it will come in handy. I don't fight for people, I walk away. If I do you right, do me right. I can be selfish, look after yourself around me.

I have conferences in my head. Sometimes, it gets heated in there & I end up mumbling it away. If you catch me at it, I'll pretend to be singing/rapping. Don't ask me: "who are you talking to?" Save us the awkwardness. All in all, I'm an introvert... And I love me.

Some of these attributes of yours is soo me.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:29am On Aug 24, 2020
KevUnique:
Funny, we are somewhat similar. I live a life of solitude, conscious of myself. Yes, I do get that urge/feeling to also just want to burst out like sack filled with water colours and express myself through talking with anyone who I can relate fine with. But it is not easy finding the right people too. Well, i'm from Abj too and I am a guy. Are u a female? Anyways, no strings attached is also what I would want. 0704 five three four seven five zero five. Catch you later.

What both of you have in common, as with all the self-proclaimed introverts is an over awareness of one's self. You guys live too much in your minds than in reality. You want to talk, but don't need an audience, you want to go out but not in a crowd, you want to feel, but don't need a touch.

You all have great personalities, hence the need to want to express yourself to someone who can relate and understand, that deep inside your head is a beautiful mind, with an uncommon and witty sense of humor.

But truth is you all have to look outside yourselves sometimes, don't just observe, participate a little, and a little, and some more. Life is bigger than each one of you, there's so much out there.

Deriving so much pleasure in the solitude of the mind and body makes you create a world of your own that's not so easy to be shared.

So in paraphrasing, get a little bit more interested in people, you can start with a common interest. I wish Nigeria had a good social services system, many of you could have been great volunteers... We'll get there someday

You all have so much to give and share with the world, you don't have to enjoy your personality all alone, your company, your voice, ideas, jokes, laughter, thoughts, hopes.. I can go and on... So just try and live more ...... outside

7 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 1:18am On Aug 24, 2020
sheepheart:

Some of these attributes of yours is soo me.
Haha, Wow! This is so me! Taking to bugs, walls, myself, thin-air, playing pretend, role playing and no human conversation at the end of the day. Lol, life has to go on. I am strong like that though. But we all need someone who can understand us.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by AoTMHG: 2:38am On Aug 24, 2020
KevUnique:
Haha, Wow! This is so me! Taking to bugs, walls, myself, thin-air, playing pretend, role playing and no human conversation at the end of the day. Lol, life has to go on. I am strong like that though. But we all need someone who can understand us.

Precisely why I said you guys need to live more outside than within.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 24, 2020
AoTMHG:

Precisely why I said you guys need to live more outside than within.
Are you an introvert yourself?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by AoTMHG: 10:53am On Aug 24, 2020
Jobia:
Are you an introvert yourself?

No, but instinctively I understand how such minds work.

It's like most times, you guys have dual personalities. The first is the one you display to the world because it's expected of you to be like that and then the second is the reserved you who likes withdrawing inwards into another private world, full of thoughts.

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.