Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,967 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? (27795 Views)

Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? / Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man?(pics) / Is It Ever Okay For A Girl To Propose To Her Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
Idowuogbo:
In my village na d other way round. tongue
lol... Ah no gree oo, b4 person go propose marriage give another person, im suppose don ready gidigba say anythn wey e go cost, im go pay, whether na man or woman. Marriage no be beans oooo8-)8-)
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 31, 2014
Idowuogbo:
When I find the perfect wooden ring. grin

IMAO. grin wooden ring ni?
I don't mind. tongue
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 31, 2014
sailormoon:
I'm ok thanks lol nah I just felt like a change cheesy grin
What's your former moniker, ButterCup?.. HeHe.. grin
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:30pm On Jul 31, 2014
donpeey22: lol... Ah no gree oo, b4 person go propose marriage give another person, im suppose don ready gidigba say anythn wey e go cost, im go pay, whether na man or woman. Marriage no be beans oooo8-)8-)
If you like gree if you like no gree, for our side na first to buy kolanut go fund wedding. grin
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
Ceasar1:

IMAO. grin wooden ring ni?
I don't mind. tongue
Oh great! *Dials kabiru the local carpenter* na double layer u want?

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by sailormoon: 9:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
Ceasar1:
What's your former moniker, ButterCup?.. HeHe.. grin
Urm 'ibkaye' lol

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
Idowuogbo:
Oh great! *Dials kabiru the local carpenter* na double layer u want?

Ha ah? Which one be double layer?
Na Ring ooo, don't get me a cupboard biko.
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by kennytidistar(m): 9:47pm On Jul 31, 2014
SpencerLewis:
Mr. Kenny....star, tell us how it the relationship ended. That as for all wasn't a proposal from the lady. It was just 'chiking or toasting or TT' as they call it that the lady did to u. Meanwh, did the lady marry u as the thread is abt proposals leading to marriage.

that's my privacy na.

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 31, 2014
Idowuogbo:
If you like gree if you like no gree, for our side na first to buy kolanut go fund wedding. grin
Okay nau, na im be say when the lady propose give the guy, she go carry the guy go house go show her parents, then she and her parents go buy kolanut go see the guy parents, and na im be say na she go fund the wedding come marry the man put for house....lolz.cheesy It will be very disgraceful for any lady to propose to a guy who isn't ready for marriage (not even about having a job or money), and get turned down, especially here in Nigeria where marriage requires alot of work on the man's part. Such scenario will make a very interesting nollywood movie to watch.
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:04pm On Jul 31, 2014
donpeey22: Okay nau, na im be say when the lady propose give the guy, she go carry the guy go house go show her parents, then she and her parents go buy kolanut go see the guy parents, and na im be say na she go fund the wedding come marry the man put for house....lolz.cheesy It will be very disgraceful for any lady to propose to a guy who isn't ready for marriage (not even about having a job or money), and get turned down, especially here in Nigeria where marriage requires alot of work on the man's part. Such scenario will make a very interesting nollywood movie to watch.
Disgraceful ke? That's the new swags mehn...u put a strap on that cap.I fit do am but me gats double check hin account balance to avoid any see gobe moments. I refuse to carry last grin
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by CarmelloANGEL(m): 10:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
E go suprise d gal say I go jst waka comot her front ni. Make she dey careful mk d proposal no lead to her disposal. Even as a guy, i dnt see myself kneelin 4 one gal 2 come marry me...no be shakara o, its jst nt my thang. I prefer we both talk abt d future of d relatnshp & she is allowed 2 speak her mind abt wat she wants includin d posibility of marriage. Bt wen she proposes & tries 2 put me in a diffcult & obligational position. Then na OYO she dey be dat o. Shikena!
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 31, 2014
Idowuogbo:
Disgraceful ke? That's the new swags mehn...u put a strap on that cap.I fit do am but me gats double check hin account balance to avoid any see gobe moments. I refuse to carry last grin
hehehehe...no be account balance matter oo, no be everybody wey get money ready for marriage oo, anyway, abeg invite me make i come watch the show oo.cheesy
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 31, 2014
this could be dangerous for the lady.she might end up getting a no for an answer and you know what that could do to her ego.
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Slimtuns(m): 10:47pm On Jul 31, 2014
Hell no! Why would a girl propose to a guy? Thought every woman has got pride what about hers? The tin wey happen be say no man go take am serious cos she's just gonna seem like a floozy thingnie to him.. Can't even accept the proposal cos it's I-N-S-A-N-E
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by beelon1020(m): 3:40am On Aug 01, 2014
Smart move for a smart girl... Guys nowhere to run..lol
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by beelon1020(m): 3:43am On Aug 01, 2014
Una don come again abi?
omeya: AUCTION!AUCTION!!AUCTION!!!the nigeria custom impounded vehicles are now available to dealers and individuals in nigeria in the auction 2013/2014.interested individual should call the custom co-ordinator on 08149042110 for purchase and delivery.SOME OF THE VEHICLES AND PRICES:toyota land cruiser:800,000-3million,toyota prado:600,000-1.5million,toyota camry:400,000-2million,toyota avensis:600,000-800,000,toyota yaris:800,000,toyota avenza:700,000,toyota rav4suv:950,000.honda accord:800,000,honda crv:850000,honda pilot:850000 and lots more
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by bb6xt(m): 8:38am On Aug 01, 2014
It's nothing new, 95% of Nigerian girls/women do. If you doubt me ask yourself when was the last time you asked a Nigerian girl/woman out and she didn't ask you if you were going to marry her. The wording may not be exact but it all boils down to "will you marry me?".

@ladies: ask yourself how many times you proposed to a man even before you accepted his wooing. Not every man that asks you out wants to marry you, even if they did it is far more interesting if he gets to that decision on his own.
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by obi123: 9:01am On Aug 01, 2014
Princeadebayo1: Going for what u want ....yeah but it will be a shock to the Man if he is not yet ready and anything can follow,I guess her husband too had already made up his mind to propose to her so it wasnt dat sudden to him so it depends.....
:
And do you think a female can cope with a rejection from a man like a man will do?......*mouth sealed*:.....#FoodForThought

i will rather cope with rejection early than realize 5yrs down the line that this person never intended to marry me at all, at least if you ask and he says no , then you know on time .

i feel that when a girl asks a man to marry her it is a very bold way of finding out what plans this guy has for you, many men will lead you on for 10years if they had their way,only a daft, weak ,ego drunk man would think it desperate, desperate is getting pregnant purposefully to rope a man into marriage, i think that rather than get pregnant and rope the guy into committing by force and then have him spite you for a long time because he knows the stunt you pulled to end up his wife , why not just ask him? if he says no, thank your lucky stars, dust your slippers on your way out and move on before you start spending your time and energy on someone who never had the intention of setting down in life with you .Humans are tougher than you think, time is a healer.

WOMEN TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE PLEASE, DON'T ASSUME ANYTHING

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Princeadebayo1(m): 9:15am On Aug 01, 2014
obi123:

i will rather cope with rejection early than realize 5yrs down the line that this person never intended to marry me at all, at least if you ask and he says no , then you know on time .

i feel that when a girl asks a man to marry her it is a very bold way of finding out what plans this guy has for you, many men will lead you on for 10years if they had their way, i think that rather than get pregnant and rope the guy into committing by force, why not ask him, if he says no, thank your lucky stars, dust your slippers on your way out and move on before you start spending your time and energy on someone who never had the intention of setting down in life with you .Humans are tougher than you think, time is a healer

WOMEN TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE PLEASE
I get your point tho and it is a risk worth taking if the guy no propose on time but she must exercise little patience before jumping and by d way.....
Naa me like ur reply
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by onajison(m): 8:48pm On Aug 01, 2014
;DIt is not bad
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by ArcBishopmarie(m): 9:23pm On Aug 01, 2014
To me its not a crime for a lady to propose to a guy.... Or you want mek she dey dia dey wait dey clock 45... I beg propose and enter house joor.
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Seandeeds(m): 10:32pm On Aug 01, 2014
No big deal, to be honest. let's just leave it as it is.
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by tnktosin(m): 11:06pm On Aug 01, 2014
valmunich: Who here also pees at the side of the toilet just cos it makes less noise?
Meeeeeeee grin
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Etenabe: 6:06am On Aug 02, 2014
Nothing is definitely wrong in proposing to a man..though it might not happen all the time. it depends on the situation.. Ruth actually strategically wooed and proposed to Boaz in the bible following her mothe-inlaw's advice.
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by SUCCESSCHINEX(m): 6:09am On Aug 02, 2014
i don't think its abysmal.
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by DaBullIT(m): 9:23am On Aug 02, 2014
Ask yourself , are we talking about the African mentality here ? Or in General sense , since everything that used to be African is either lost ,dead or dying , The Oyinbo culture took all that away from Us, but come to think of it , One slave can not serve two masters , once your try to mix the two , your killing the originality , my point being depending on how exposed you are the answer varies , the African moral is different from the Oyinbo moral

Bottom line , as a conc African , believer in deep rooted tradition its wrong , but since we live the Oyinbo culture everyday , its OK for a lady to express her feelings and propose to a man
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by SenatorJames(m): 10:21pm On Aug 03, 2014
Ahmed0336: This is what I'm looking forward to. grin
If you are waiting, you may wait till Buhari becomes the President before you will see one, because its not yet a popular practice in Nigeria.
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Ahmed0336(m): 2:40am On Aug 04, 2014
SenatorJames: If you are waiting, you may wait till Buhari becomes the President before you will see one, because its not yet a popular practice in Nigeria.
cool
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by digitite: 9:50am On Aug 06, 2014
PStacks: Me, because I'm very lazy, I don't have that power and patience to be toasting a girl and be enduring her shakara, so I just like any girl that likes me or is attracted to me to just ask me out.. If time passes and we're cool 2geda.. I'l do the Proposing..

Good one bro. You are matured cool
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Chilug(m): 1:18pm On Aug 06, 2014
Don't ever do that, even if you think you are so sure he will marry you rather you can just ask him when will he see your parents or pressure him to do that if he refuses to react positively to that then there is trouble. But don't ever propose he might turn you down, and that might change your life forever.
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by jpphilips(m): 3:50pm On Aug 06, 2014
Fresia01: i wish we Nigerians can jux stop making it look like its a big deal for a gal to propose to a guy!? its really killing some gals,, me inclusive!!! wen a gal proposes, they guys look at her as being desperate and cheap so d gals jus. choose to die in silence!! nt fair

Whatever was the reason the man never proposed wont disappear if the roles were reversed, doesn't make a difference in my books, BTW, do you wanna pick the bills the reason you are keen on proposing?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

7 Ways Nigerian Ladies Stylishly Request Recharge Card From Guys / Who Does A Man Love More, The Woman He Lies To Or The One He Tells The Truth? / "His Supersport, Her Zeeworld"....a Nairalander Shares Pre-wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.