Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,637 members, 7,958,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:39 AM

Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? (28026 Views)

Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? / Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man?(pics) / Is It Ever Okay For A Girl To Propose To Her Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by whizfache(m): 12:40pm On Jul 31, 2014
Girls before you say yes to that guy
proposing to you, test his patience
first..Ask him to use EDGE to download
700mb movie.
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Couzy21(m): 12:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
valmunich: Who here also pees at the side of the toilet just cos it makes less noise?

I do mehn

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 31, 2014
Fresia01: i wish we Nigerians can jux stop making it look like its a big deal for a gal to propose to a guy!? its really killing some gals,, me inclusive!!! wen a gal proposes, they guys look at her as being desperate and cheap so d gals jus. choose to die in silence!! nt fair
aww dear. I'm sorry. You can propose to me now .okay? Send me a pmsmiley

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by oldenglish: 1:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
Marriage is not only about the proposal, when a man propose to a lady and the lady agrees after marriage the lady will follow the man to his house and change her last name to the man's last name. Now that ladies are proposing is she gonna take the man to her house and make the man to change his last name to her's?
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by just2endowed: 1:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
KwoiZabo: A woman can propose to a man but not in the way of kneeling or the formal way of proposal. She could do use gestures, indirect talk or something. She should just be creative.

Honestly, that's the modern way a lady should propose, as a girl am dating currently is proposing to me indirectly. Operator what should I do
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by akpanbaba: 1:24pm On Jul 31, 2014
The best way to propose to a guy is to seek his advice on the best way to invest N10m belonging to the lady.
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Areola1982: 1:30pm On Jul 31, 2014
abdulkayus: It was a taboo many decades back but
things have since changed...but has it
changed to the extent that it's now okay
for a woman to propose to her man? Would
you do it? If not, why not?
it is every one right to prove love,y shying to why gal sud hide her feelings.
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by akoaki(m): 1:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
if i were a lady, i could to avoid losing a promising future companion

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Antanananovic: 1:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
Let us consider the issue carefully!

Firstly, the society has moved from matriachy to patriachy a very long time ago. matriachy reduced men's roles to only domestic duties. I mean, men swept the floor, cooked the food, manages the home in most of the old civilizations in South America and carribeans. Women, with hewn animal skin and intricate labels on their shoulders, go to war to defend or get more land and other resources while the men with hairy chests cheer them on. That was a period when Men were taught to grab their bulls by the horn. Consequently, the arrival of patriachy brought about a change in the roles played by both sexes in the society. I guess Men finally realized their desires and collective responsibilities, by grabbing their bulls at the f^vkn balls!!
Hence, the society has experienced, without prejudice and exaggeration, positive developments, transformations and a modern civilization.

Secondly, men r naturally egoistic and aggressive. We are hunters. The female folks are naturally soft, fragile and passive! they are the prey. We ought to hunt and dominate them. That is our mission. So if a girl ask a man out or something, it no longer becomes an ethical, gender equality, or critical aspersion questions on its right or wrong. It is a golden opportunity for the hunter to grab its prey after it had willingly submitted to the hunter's rigourous power.

In conclusion, Men should follow the instructions carved on the walls of the Persian extant empire, kept in the secret domes and hallways of Renaisance chapels, spoken in the metaphors of the ancient Roman and contemporary scholars. The message is as old as ever and suitably meets the rapid changes experienced by men and women. The message is simple: GRAB YOUR BULLS(relationships, faith, achievements, success, setbacks)BY THE BALLS!!!! If she asked u out and u are interested, find a way to dominate her. Dont EVER give her the control stick. and do all these things in a respectable manner too so u wont hurt her feelings!

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 31, 2014
The possibility of a woman proposing to a guy can come to being when the guy is really feeling d babe bt jst too shy 2 pop d question, n since d babe is feeling d guy too n shez d bold one, it makes d proposition easy
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by zyzxx(m): 1:43pm On Jul 31, 2014
who knows. But i still like the idea of saying it indirectly

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by boujaye: 1:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
I dont subscribe to it. If an issue or argument arises, the woman will say "na me marry you put for this house"
I call the shot cheesy
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by KanayoIkeh(m): 2:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
It is only acceptable for me after I've over proposed to her and she says she's not ready, and I'm sure it's her I want. When she's ready, she'll propose to me. One knee on the ground and all.
Then I'll tell her "NO!"
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by obi123: 2:28pm On Jul 31, 2014
Princeadebayo1: Proposing to a man is not proper and shows how desperate the female is which can turn off any Man buh if u get d liver and kidney ,what are yhu waiting for,the best thing dat will happen is d guy will say "NO" tongue and you will be left with how to handle the rejection.....pls never try it at home .

it is not desperate , its about going for what you want, my friend proposed to her now husband of 7 years and he was stunned beyond words.
the worst that will happen is dat the guy will say no, it is the same rejection a man will feel that the woman will feel if the answer is no, LIFE IS TOO SHORT AT TIMES TO KEEP WAITING

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by pet4luv2k10ioma(f): 2:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
Is not supose to be so, but in a situation like this that means the Woman is now the Head os the family which means the Man is under Her Chaiiiiiii

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
obi123:

it is not desperate , its about going for what you want, my friend proposed to her now husband of 7 years and he was stunned beyond words.
the worst that will happen is dat the guy will say no, it is the same rejection a man will feel that the woman will feel if the answer is no LIFE IS TOO SHORT AT TIMES TO KEEP WAITING
On behalf of all the Men on NL including Seun I don't agree to the "bolded" statement grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by MadCow1: 2:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
mizBerry1: @Mad cow That's what I said before....gender equality in other areas...but not in relationships/Marriages/Families..thanks

This reeks of Double standards as far as I am concerned and would be a real biitch the day those lines get crossed.

Feminism isnt selective. Feminists want equal rights all the way round. And I understand their cause especially on the home front as thats where women tend to suffer the most from this inequality.

But its all good, this was simply for me to get your line of reasoning and now I do, all I will say is that one day those lines would cross and get blurred and you would then not know how to sort it out.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Princeadebayo1(m): 3:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
obi123:

the worst that will happen is dat the guy will say no, it is the same rejection a man will feel that the woman will feel if the answer is no, LIFE IS TOO SHORT AT TIMES TO KEEP WAITING
Going for what u want ....yeah but it will be a shock to the Man if he is not yet ready and anything can follow,I guess her husband too had already made up his mind to propose to her so it wasnt dat sudden to him so it depends.....
:
And do you think a female can cope with a rejection from a man like a man will do?......*mouth sealed*:.....#FoodForThought
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by agtbulksms: 3:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
Keep your clients informed, deliver important advertisements & news relevant to your business directly to their mobile phone via SMS. Send BULK SMS for as low as 40kobo per sms. Register now at www.bulksms-agt.com & get instant bonus. REGISTRATION IS FREE !!!
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by WhyAWhy(m): 3:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
Truth be told many women have directly or indirectly proposed marriage to their men
"Dele we have been together for this long when are we getting married or don't you see all my friends are getting hitched"

"Dele look are you gojng to propose this year or not..."

"Dele we should be thinking of settling down this year oh .. I don tire to de wait "

"Dele if you don't propose to me this month I am so leaving you .."

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by guttentag(m): 3:39pm On Jul 31, 2014
It is Nothing

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by AdeniyiA(m): 3:42pm On Jul 31, 2014
Will you marry me means a lot of things.
it means,among others, that leave your present resident nd move in wt me. it means i am ready to care for you, nurture you, carry your responsibilities etc

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 31, 2014
Frankmishael: repent the kingdom of God is at hand
grin grin
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by dnawah(m): 3:48pm On Jul 31, 2014
Girls!girls!!girls!!!how many times way i call una?don do that,because one day he will say,after all i never wanted to marry u.were u not the one that,proposed to me?therefor take care of ur children grin
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by martolux(m): 3:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
just2endowed:

Honestly, that's the modern way a lady should propose, as a girl am dating currently is proposing to me indirectly. Operator what should I do
still asking what to do no wonder d bold lady proposed!
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
Fresia01: i wish we Nigerians can jux stop making it look like its a big deal for a gal to propose to a guy!? its really killing some gals,, me inclusive!!! wen a gal proposes, they guys look at her as being desperate and cheap so d gals jus. choose to die in silence!! nt fair

I wish a lady like you proposes to me...
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by SpcAgtOko: 3:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
I can't do it. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by martolux(m): 3:57pm On Jul 31, 2014
Antanananovic: Let us consider the issue carefully!

Firstly, the society has moved from matriachy to patriachy a very long time ago. matriachy reduced men's roles to only domestic duties. I mean, men swept the floor, cooked the food, manages the home in most of the old civilizations in South America and carribeans. Women, with hewn animal skin and intricate labels on their shoulders, go to war to defend or get more land and other resources while the men with hairy chests cheer them on. That was a period when Men were taught to grab their bulls by the horn. Consequently, the arrival of patriachy brought about a change in the roles played by both sexes in the society. I guess Men finally realized their desires and collective responsibilities, by grabbing their bulls at the f^vkn balls!!
Hence, the society has experienced, without prejudice and exaggeration, positive developments, transformations and a modern civilization.

Secondly, men r naturally egoistic and aggressive. We are hunters. The female folks are naturally soft, fragile and passive! they are the prey. We ought to hunt and dominate them. That is our mission. So if a girl ask a man out or something, it no longer becomes an ethical, gender equality, or critical aspersion questions on its right or wrong. It is a golden opportunity for the hunter to grab its prey after it had willingly submitted to the hunter's rigourous power.

In conclusion, Men should follow the instructions carved on the walls of the Persian extant empire, kept in the secret domes and hallways of Renaisance chapels, spoken in the metaphors of the ancient Roman and contemporary scholars. The message is as old as ever and suitably meets the rapid changes experienced by men and women. The message is simple: GRAB YOUR BULLS(relationships, faith, achievements, success, setbacks)BY THE BALLS!!!! If she asked u out and u are interested, find a way to dominate her. Dont EVER give her the control stick. and do all these things in a respectable manner too so u wont hurt her feelings!
u sound well.
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by ijeomaayuba: 4:16pm On Jul 31, 2014

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by ControG(m): 4:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
whizfache: Girls before you say yes to that guy
proposing to you, test his patience
first..Ask him to use EDGE to download
700mb movie.
grin grin very funny
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Simplefaithy(m): 4:32pm On Jul 31, 2014
akpanbaba: The best way to propose to a guy is to seek his advice on the best way to invest N10m belonging to the lady.
.hahahahahaha, yes o
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by sailormoon: 4:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
I wouldn't do it but I see nothing wrong with it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Things Married People Wont Tell You About Marriage / How Do I Change This My Mindset About Men? / Sex In The Office: Myth Or Fact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.