Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,517 members, 7,954,965 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:22 PM

Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? (28018 Views)

Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? / Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man?(pics) / Is It Ever Okay For A Girl To Propose To Her Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 31, 2014
Ahmed0336: bros look am again grin
I guess he means a man who is like a woman
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by onose1(f): 10:00am On Jul 31, 2014
Things have to be done the right way....nd the right way is for a man to propose to a woman not the other way round
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by mydex93(f): 10:01am On Jul 31, 2014
My questions:..who wud wear d ringeven wen d guy eventually says yes, who wud foot d wedding bills...iwu wud bring engagement hamper to d oda's ouse??d guy or d lady??..

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by TrYcIa1(f): 10:03am On Jul 31, 2014
Hell no undecided ...Before u propose to a man then be ready to take the lead in everything concerning the marriage
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Janetozi(f): 10:04am On Jul 31, 2014
Tombilly: if she has money its ok
if she have money abi.

U have just display ur shameless by commenting rubbish.

Haba!!! So u will sell ur dignity and right as a man bcoz of money, na only u waka come?

U will allow a woman to propose to u, then she will give u money to pay her bride price; by doing so, she is indirectly paying ur groom price.

I know u will also agree to bear her surname, u and ur children.

All this love for money, na only u waka come

3 Likes

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by destino24(m): 10:04am On Jul 31, 2014
Princeadebayo1: Chai....proposing to a guy no proper at all sad buh if u get d liver and kidney ,wetin u dey wait for,d best tin dat will happen is d guy will say "NO" tongue and dat will be the end of Solomon garden cheesy

em... i think its solomon grandie or so #justsaying

back to the topic, i think anyone can do it
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by hayorbaami: 10:05am On Jul 31, 2014
Apparently, a lot of men don't find it okay, judging from the comments so far. Not even the man in the picture. He's obviously not excited about, his reaction is kinda like 'come on woman, get up and stop embarrassing me, I never ready for marriage" grin grin.

I'm sure a lot of women would not mind proposing to their men when they are ready if only they don't get tagged desperate or pushy or cheap and end up getting a capital NO smiley.
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by judedwriter(m): 10:05am On Jul 31, 2014
ThoniaSlim: HELL TO THE N.O. . .NOPE!
Babes sef 2 dey form. If you c me now as I tall, dark and handsome, u go propose to me cheesy
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by M4gunners: 10:06am On Jul 31, 2014
Ok i dey come .
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Lanceslot(m): 10:06am On Jul 31, 2014
Yes/No.
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Princeadebayo1(m): 10:07am On Jul 31, 2014
destino24:

em... i think its solomon grandie or so #justsaying

back to the topic, i think anyone can do it
lol....I know but if I no write am like dat ,an average Nigerian won't undastand ;
it depends but for me,I won't like if a girl does dat for me
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Anthrophile(m): 10:10am On Jul 31, 2014
Women must be seen, not heard. paint it red with your actions and never in your words. You will save yourself some embarrassment if the feedback is negative and you will at least be able to say he'd just misinterpreted your actions.
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 31, 2014
onose1: Things have to be done the right way....nd the right way is for a man to propose to a woman not the other way round
hi. Do ff bk lemme pm you.
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 31, 2014
It all depends on the situation. But according to our culture its is "wrong"
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by akatonero(m): 10:12am On Jul 31, 2014
If she knows what she want it's ok before it's too late
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by MadCow1: 10:15am On Jul 31, 2014
justi4jesu:

Like seriously.....ring ko, handcuff ni...u go wait tire then. cheesy

Me wait ke?!

Even at 80, I fit still marry as long as pepper rest..
You after 40, them don put you on sales promo o!! 40% off, plus buy now get 1 Kia Picanto free and 50,000 Naira gift voucher plus all-expense paid Wedding.. grin

6 Likes

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Judeoxide(m): 10:17am On Jul 31, 2014
My girl friend once did,I was shocked...later found out she was pregnant for onother guy at the time of the proposal..thank God I didn't go true with it...
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by heatmeup(f): 10:17am On Jul 31, 2014
abeg nothing wrong in it,charly boy's wife proposed orlando julius's wife did so no biggie
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by robosky02(m): 10:17am On Jul 31, 2014
for me its very ok for a lady to propose.
infact most married guys now, it was there wives that proposed to them.

you want to say its not true

well the logic is that a lady can propose without SAYING IT.
HOW
By her action.
1) if you like the guy then show him the GREEN LIGHT
2) be accessablee to the guy. most ladies carries an ego which scares men away.
3) be nice to the guy. you cant expect to be rude to a guy and still expect a proposal from him.
4) increase your "good report'" around the neboghhood. be a person whom people can talk good of in the office or where you live
5) identify your target and play around him. but never give him that feeling that you are desperate

baby if you do these he will creep to your house and release the word.
but the truth is you actually set the ball rolling unknown to him

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by hayoakins(m): 10:19am On Jul 31, 2014
I don't believe the occurrence of that event jo undecided. A scene from a Nollywood movie it must be grin
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 31, 2014
yes na, I don`t think there is anything wrong with that.
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:23am On Jul 31, 2014
judedwriter:
Babes sef 2 dey form. If you c me now as I tall, dark and handsome, u go propose top me cheesy

You wish!
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Magnetor(m): 10:24am On Jul 31, 2014
Fresia01: i wish we Nigerians can jux stop making it look like its a big deal for a gal to propose to a guy!? its really killing some gals,, me inclusive!!! wen a gal proposes, they guys look at her as being desperate and cheap so d gals jus. choose to die in silence!! nt fair
He who proposes is ready to pay bride price. Will she propose to me and den tell me when I'll pay d bride price, get resources to do d wedding,.......bla bla bla bla.....I wonder if she is allowed to do that.
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 31, 2014
to me, its not wrong. But culturally, it is not encouraged
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by LaurelP(m): 10:30am On Jul 31, 2014
abdulkayus: It was a taboo many decades back but
things have since changed...but has it
changed to the extent that it's now okay
for a woman to propose to her man? Would
you do it? If not, why not?

Yes its possible especially in d western world
To me personally, I'd say there's nothing bad abt it
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by judedwriter(m): 10:30am On Jul 31, 2014
ThoniaSlim:

You wish!
grin
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 31, 2014
not appropriate.
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Tymax(m): 10:33am On Jul 31, 2014
Just wondering: Will he wear the "engagement ring"?
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by englishmart(m): 10:34am On Jul 31, 2014
I don't know. Ask those elders in your village.
If it's okay by them, then who am I to say no?
grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by MadCow1: 10:35am On Jul 31, 2014
Tymax: Just wondering: Will he wear the "engagement ring"?

Good thought.
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by ugeezee(m): 10:35am On Jul 31, 2014
Ha propose kee, tufiakwa! biko no lady should propose to me o, the way u treat my family, friends likewise those around u is enough reason for me to say halelujah and ask:pls will u grow old wit me?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Things Married People Wont Tell You About Marriage / Tiwa Savage's Naked Photo In Bed With A Man Sends Internet Into Frenzy / Sex In The Office: Myth Or Fact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.