Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> (27379 Views)

Poll: Make your choice for next president:

IBB: 6% (42 votes)
Buhari: 8% (50 votes)
Atiku: 5% (35 votes)
Marwa: 3% (19 votes)
Oshiomole: 4% (28 votes)
Okotie: 8% (53 votes)
Duke: 19% (118 votes)
Okonjo-Iweala: 9% (58 votes)
Obasanjo: 2% (17 votes)
Odili: 2% (16 votes)
Utomi: 17% (105 votes)
Yar'adua: 10% (62 votes)
This poll has ended

Otuoke (bayelsa) In 2007 And 2014-google Earth... / British Arms Dealer Charged For Smuggling 80,000 Guns To Nigeria In 2007 / Pat Utomi For President In 2007? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Seun(m): 2:57pm On Oct 09, 2006
Duke is my current choice for the presidency, since he has been cleared by the EFCC.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by okdaniel(m): 8:09pm On Oct 09, 2006
I look forward to a new Nigeria, renewed hope for Nigeria youth.I believe we can experience great change if we all support Prof. Pat Utomi for President in 2007.

The big question in peoples mind is "Will they allow him" . Come on let believe we can all make it happen by putting our best.

Regards,

Olakunle (Author - Dictionary Of Success)
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Odeku(m): 11:59pm On Oct 09, 2006
Has DOnald Duke declare his ambition to contest?
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by seggzy(m): 3:39am On Oct 10, 2006
though baba is old ,the only person that i think he can do it is emeka anyaoku or what do you think .baba can never repent well wity God all things are possile
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by seggzy(m): 3:42am On Oct 10, 2006
though baba is old ,the only person that i think he can do it is emeka anyaoku or what  do you think .baba can never repent well wity God all things are possile
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 10, 2006
pat utomi is the right man
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by ONOVO(m): 5:07pm On Oct 12, 2006
Jafar hi,

In the records of INEC, we have over 40 (forty) political parties in Nigeria. I am also aware of many strong contenders to the post like CHIEF (ENGR.) MARTIN O. ONOVO mnse, who you did not feature in your list. One does not need to be just a professional, money-bag, or IBB/OBJ boy etc. to become a top contender. Besides, current events in Nigeria DOES NOT suggest that an election is likely to take place in 2007. We must PRAY because your list displayed the names of some people who have cases to answer. A SECURITY REPORT WILL MOST LIKELY DISQUALIFY AT LEAST 9 (NINE) OF THEM.

I seriously doubt if anyone in your list of eleven will become the next C.in.C of the armed forces of the Federal Repulic of Nigeria.

Regards, ONOVO (maziudeinya@yahoo.co.uk)
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by otokx(m): 3:46am On Oct 13, 2006
i like the way Pat Utomi is going about his presidential campaign and am about to switch from donald duke to him; funny thing is that is appears both of them have something to do with the now defunct volkswagen of nigeria.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by stanech: 7:42am On Oct 14, 2006
i HAVE BEEN TO UTOMI'S WEBSITE I think he is a good option But I rather choose Duke because he has been tested and trusted he should start his campaign imediately to save Nigeria from its shakles
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by stanech: 8:46am On Oct 14, 2006
http://dukepac.biz/index2.html

]

Dukes Campaign site
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by stanech: 9:00am On Oct 14, 2006
Donald Duke

The Pride of PDP

http://dukepac.biz/8443/42422.html
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by WEB(m): 10:46am On Oct 16, 2006
I am really ignorant of Nigeria, but I looked up Donald Duke on Wikipedia and this guy sounds really awesome. I like his quote about democracy and food. That and he seems highly competent and not corrupt (since it says that he is the only governor NOT under investigation).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Duke

I hope he wins, but from what little I read, it sounds like the party of the former Vice President is the one with the advantage, right? Too bad. sad
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by moresko(f): 6:07pm On Oct 20, 2006
Why is Duke leading the polls? We should be realistic here. The person with the most money and "connections" always wins in Nigeria politics not who you think should win.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by stevolala(m): 6:06pm On Oct 21, 2006
I think that this is a very interesting topic to talk about. First I'd like to commend people like Favour5, men you make me laugh till almost loos my head and raldsfield your comment of July 28th 06, you're funny ooo, don't you know that if IBB were to vote, he would not vote for himself because he knows how wicked he is already, so he wouldn't vote for himself. Also commenting on otokx, you talked about Duke's second term experience, does that make him experienced, and if yes what about OBJ who even had a third term? Am amazed you were trying to use that against the Rev. Chris Okotie, well I feel ashamed anyway that you can reason like that, I think what we need is a fresh hand, not somebody who's already been there. No matter how plain Donald Duke or Peter Odili maybe, they have been currupted by the bigger boys, the honesty they are trying to show right now is just so that Nigerians would vote them, but I tell you, when they get there, you'd now know who they really are, mind you, they would receive instructions from their God'd fathers (OBJ, IBB) just as OBJ is receiving instructions from his king maker IBB.

So, ask me who I want for President, I want the Rev. Chris Okotie, ask me my reasons? I'd list them here for you:

1. We do not need a church goer or a mosque goer to lead, what/who we need is a lover of God, one who fears God. And the Rev. Chris Okotie is that man.

2. Most state governors many people have listed here to be good enough would answer to their god fathers when they get there and if OBJ tells a state governor who's turned president to steal, he has no option but to steal, but guess what, Chris Okotie would answer to his God father being God and you and I know that GOD would not tell him to steal because GOD does not need our money.

3. Also, the Rev. Chris has a name to protect, he was a christian before he became pastor of a fast growing Church in Nigeria, if his being a Christian proves too small for him to ignore, he sure can ignore his status as a pastor and you see, he has a personal check from both left and right.

4. Some people question his marital status, well, there are great leaders who didn't get married but they led well, ask me, did our Lord and saviour Jesus, the greatest leader of all time got married? Did John the baptist got married? see, my fellow Nigerians, marriage is a personal thing and not a thing of force, there is a difference between unmarriedness and singleness, I think he's happy with his unmarried state because singleness is honourable. You do not have to get married to be a father after all there are many fatherless children on our streets today, or don't you know, many married people are miserable. Ask me how I know, 99.999% of the married people I know are unhappy.

You guys wrote about Pat Utomi, well, I like that man, the day he came to my school he made so much sence, but I feel leadership especially in a country like Nigeria has to go beyond the physical, there are forces controlling this country which is far beyond the physical and until somebody who loves God comes into play a lot of things would still be mysteries. See, the Rev. Chris can lead by revelation from God and I think its the best way to lead. When your eyes are open you do not struggle too much and I believe such revelation comes from God and God does not reveal revelation to strangers, you know what I mean. If he could lead the church for years, then he can lead Nigeria too because its the faithfulness of David leading the small sheepfold that God uses to make him leader over Israel.

As for me and my house, we'd vote the rev. Chris Okotie, long live Nigeria, long live the Rev. Chris.

God pass the people and power that is in operation at AsO Rock. God is the Rock of Ages,
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by smile4kenn(m): 6:21am On Oct 22, 2006
Orji uzor kalu or donald duke
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by otokx(m): 6:26am On Oct 22, 2006
@steveola

the bible is very clear on the characteristics of a leader and clearly indicates a principle of progression.

what are the antecedents of Chris Okotie?

if you cannot rule over a family then you should not try to lead a people. Chris Okotie has no wife and no children (at least i don't know of any).

In the last dispensation he jumped from one party to another after failing to secure the mandate of the first party and even in the second party, he displaced some people there who had done a bit of work.

Donald Duke should not and never be likened to Peter Odili who is not a plain man. For all the money collected by the later, we have very bad roads in Port Harcourt and indeed the entire Rivers State, another dimension in the issue of flooding has taken over the state capital due to indiscriminate buildings by politicians which has not decreased the high rents of accomodation.

Chris Okotie should focus more on his ministry as he knows he cannot win even the elections in his local government unless he joins the PDP.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Mariory(m): 5:15pm On Oct 23, 2006
@ steveola
So if a well known Islamic cleric decides to run for president, will you vote for the person?
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Freestyl(m): 5:22pm On Oct 25, 2006
Please include more people cos i have not seen my choice in the Presidential Election come 2007.

For me to vote for those people listed above i better i include my name and vote for myself.

one love.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Seun(m): 6:04pm On Oct 25, 2006
My first choice is now Donald Duke because the EFCC has cleared him of all wrongdoing
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Nobody: 10:10pm On Oct 25, 2006
POWER CORRUPTS.
NO MATTER HOW GOOD THEY MAY LOOK NOW,ONCE THEY ARE THERE YOU MAY START SEEING THE OTHER SIDE OF THEM.
WE PRAY THAT GOD WILL GIVE US A GOOD LEADER.
DONALD DUKE I PREFER AMONG THEM ALL,SINCE THE ELDERS HAS FAILED US LETS TRY THE YOUNGER ONES.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by memaster: 5:14pm On Oct 27, 2006
hi
i believed that nigerians are already aware of the next president?
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by gerrard(m): 12:18am On Nov 01, 2006
HELLO,
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN I GREET U ALL, WHAT I WANT TO VOICE OUT ON THIS ISSUE IS THAT, WE ARE NOT A CAWARD, SLAVE, NOT AN ILAND. AS A NIGERIA LET'S BE REALISTIC, LET'S BE SCENSITIVE, LET US UNDERSTAND WITH OURSELF IF ONLY WE WANT THIS COUNTRY (NIGERIA)TO ENJOY A GOOD DEMOCRACY OR TO BE DEMOCRATIC, WE NEED TO VOTE CHRIS OKOTIE 07 POLL, WE ALL KNOW THAT CHRIS OKOTIE HAS NEVER ONCE PASTURED ANY GOVERNMENTAL AFFAIRS, LET ME SAY, I BELIEVE AND I WAS CONVINCED IN MY HEART THAT GOD SENT HIM TO FREE THE CAPTIVE.
FURTHER MORE, AS A MATTER OF FACT, CHRIS IS A LOVER'S OF GOD, GOD FEARING, A MAN OF INTEGRITY, AND SO ON.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by sleekmike(m): 7:27pm On Nov 01, 2006
NONE OF THE ABOVE. NOT EVEN ONE. THEY ARE ALL THE SAME
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by wiseguy(m): 9:47am On Nov 02, 2006
Donald Duke continues to be my first choice. I challenge anyone to tell me who amongst the lot of them has done better. And before you do that, check out www.dukepac.biz

Cross river state is the 30th of 36 states and the least in Niger delta in terms of Monthly allocations but see what he has done with the little resources he has. Like he said; it is not how wealthy a state is but the will to carry out developmental projects.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by gwatala(m): 12:54pm On Nov 02, 2006
What is Borishade still doing as a Minister in our country?

Add your name to kick him out.

http://www.petitiononline.com/borisha/petition.html

Sorry to bother you guys. But it is important.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by fidelia57(f): 6:35pm On Nov 02, 2006
this country still have a long way to go,
so how can we make it without the right leader i mean some one that can help in making this work out for good on behalf of the Nigeria's. the christain's are trying but they should contine in their prayer to the country so as to meantain the Great Nigeria's we have always be that also goes to the muslem's they too should learn how to pray harder they  can still arrange  another fasting and that should be for the country.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by omoifa(m): 9:26pm On Nov 05, 2006
You guys are all ignorant of Nigerian Politics. It is a shame that El-Rufai's name is not on that list. That is the only man that presently can move the country forward. lets face it the power must return to the north for another 8 years before any southerner can again smell it. Short of that we southerners will shoot ourselves in the foot. Who else to carry on the reform except a reformer himself. Those at the heart of the reform. Almost all the rest are southerners except Monsignor Nasir. So its el-Rufai for president. Mark it and Insha Allah
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by drbigdaddyg(m): 6:13pm On Nov 07, 2006
Hi room.
That's an interesting topic.
For now, I think I have no choice "cos those trusted are now dissappointing me. i am only sure that the person that will emerge as president is someone who has not yet declared his mission. He is going to take you people by surprise. Lets watch out.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by okdaniel(m): 11:48am On Nov 09, 2006
well i read a few of the comments posted here b4 i wrote mine but it seemd like nigerians never learn people are talking about el rufai when he said on national television that abuja is not for every body. if you listed closer u can imagine how segmented his mind is please we are all nigerians born free and as such should lay claim to any part of the country we want to call home. the issue of nigerian politics is that we are the ones (youth) who rigg elections and yet blame the "big boys" i dont think babangida, atiku or obj will go to the polling stations to exchange ballots we do so lets stop decieving ourselves and come to terms with what we want and not compromise. if u cant give us what we want, simple- hit the free way!!!
utomi seems to have the intellectual capacity to provide what a modern day nigeria should look like and i think the focus should be on what we can do to get such people into the mainstream rather than engage in fruitless banter.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by otokx(m): 1:28pm On Nov 12, 2006
Have you heard of the new "crown prince" - right there in Katsina?
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Jaybaba(m): 6:58pm On Nov 12, 2006
Democracy is not really about an individual. Let me educate us a little.
Suppose a town (Redtown) has 500 persons and has so many problems. It needs to solve those problems collectively but not all of them can manage Redtown's resource. Therefore some need to stand up and be chosen by Redtown citizens to be leaders at various positions (executive & parliament). But how should Redtown citizens choose?
One of the problems facing this State is food scarcity or lets say its most critical problem. Party A believes that more food should be imported. Party B recommends more agricultural machinery should be imported to boost local food production, Redtown's adults (people 18+) now debate locally (in bars, newstands, etc) which person's policy would be better. In the end, there is the election proper, 300 Redtownsmen believe that more food should be immediately imported to savage the hunger situation immediately and Party A wins. Party B replans his campaign program such that at the next election he is able to convince the people that his policy would have been better.

That is how democracy is practised in every place where people are sane except Nigeria where we choose to promote the individual even though he does not know our problem nor does he profer any means to solving them. This is the reason tribalism is on the high when it ought to have become an issue of 20 years ago.

This idea of shouting IBB should better stop. He had nothing to offer but SAP which ground this country to a halt and then put us on reverse full throttle. When it became apparent he was not wanted anymore he cancelled an election that unified the true Nigerians. Please, rally to the people who have our causes (good roads, electricity, economic diversification) at heart, let us have a run off election if possible, put behind us old and wicked people who have nothing to offer us but memories of failure.

Please clamour rightly, for a better Nigeria.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by muyioye(m): 6:16pm On Nov 13, 2006
Wahat it takes to be Naija next President is more than these pple you all are mentioning. What I mean is that Naija has gone hay wire now. I have a feeling that if Naija want to be fair. It is the turn of South-south. And if that be the case, sentiments apart, I will give it to Duke. He is a youngman that know exactly want he wants. and I believe he can lead us well. If he can lead his State 4 2 Terms without any scandal [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]whatsoever. He is my candidate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply)

Military Jet Hovers Over National Assembly / Arrest Of Tukur Mamu: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts / Dino Melaye Campaigns In Koton Karfe, Kogi LGA (Drone Shots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.