Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,090 members, 7,814,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> (27354 Views)

Poll: Make your choice for next president:

IBB: 6% (42 votes)
Buhari: 8% (50 votes)
Atiku: 5% (35 votes)
Marwa: 3% (19 votes)
Oshiomole: 4% (28 votes)
Okotie: 8% (53 votes)
Duke: 19% (118 votes)
Okonjo-Iweala: 9% (58 votes)
Obasanjo: 2% (17 votes)
Odili: 2% (16 votes)
Utomi: 17% (105 votes)
Yar'adua: 10% (62 votes)
This poll has ended

Otuoke (bayelsa) In 2007 And 2014-google Earth... / British Arms Dealer Charged For Smuggling 80,000 Guns To Nigeria In 2007 / Pat Utomi For President In 2007? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by stanech: 7:00am On Nov 15, 2006
To hell with all those who says Donald does not have the capacity to rule the country.
Is Calarbar not a state in Nigeria?
How come he was able to rule the state without any hitches and communual clatshes
Donald as far as he knows the rule of law, he is also a non nonsence taker
He has been able to silence the opposition through his great projects and programs.
All you guys need is a visit to the state, I bet you will change ur mind-set.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Odeku(m): 4:16pm On Nov 15, 2006
Tell Big B1 that please
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Revolution: 8:10pm On Nov 15, 2006
The Silverbird/Vanguard search for the people's president continues and will end at the end of November. Have those of you in Nigeria voted yet? Duke must make the last four tobe included in a televised debate which will generate lots of publicity.

Text ' duke for president' to the number 937 on the Globacom network. Get voting.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Revolution: 8:11pm On Nov 15, 2006
The Silverbird/Vanguard search for the people's president continues and will end at the end of November. Have those of you in Nigeria voted yet? Duke must make the last four to be included in a televised debate which will generate lots of publicity.

Text ' duke for president' to the number 937 on the Globacom network. Get voting.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by waffistyle(m): 9:34pm On Nov 15, 2006
@Stevolala
na a for your reasoning o!!!!! Rev. Chris OKOTIE can never be trusted, i dont trust him, he has never been tested, a man that was first a musician, then preasher, now politician, how can i trust such a man?, a man as a preacher that divorced his wife, He is theone telling you he is a man of God., how can you be sure,
Are you not aware of late Pastor Akani of INEC, and stories we now know about him after his death with his ill-gotten wealth and polyganmy, please dont be easily fooled,
Donald Duke i wioll campaign for free of charge, i dont know him, but i can spend my hard earned money to campaign for him,
a man who you give small responsibility and he does it well , must be promoted for bigger challenges, the man is a success story,
A polished gentle, intelligent good-looking man,
i am proud of him at least we have something in common, he is also an alumni of ABU Zaria
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by otokx(m): 6:15pm On Nov 16, 2006
lets vote "duke for president" on the glo network. Is it on MTN too?
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by omonla6(m): 6:16pm On Nov 16, 2006
:oTo me Omo_Nla,

The best of my votes will be casted for DONALD DUKE. WHY? He is Intelligent, Creative, Listening, Merciful and an Amiable man to the core who can turn things around for good.

Let's all give him the support he needed and God will see him through come 2007 as the President of this great nation Nigeria.

My regards,
omo_nla
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Revolution: 6:56pm On Nov 16, 2006
Otokx, it is too late to vote in the silverbird poll, see https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-30701.0.html#bot
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by bashali: 11:16pm On Nov 16, 2006
delete
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Jaybaba(m): 1:06pm On Nov 17, 2006
Bashali you are right. Presidential power must continue with the south. The south-south should get the exalted office this time around reason, the oil that has run Nigeria for 35 years comes from their land. It is also their people that work very hard at the various rigs but what have they gotten "very terrible environmental conditions". The result youthful restiveness or unwrest in that zone. OBJ had to wipe out an entire Udi community following such show of dissatisfation from this failed system.

After the south-south, it should become the turn of the south-east. It is only after these 16 years that Nigeria can begin a poliy of let the best or most preffered candidate rule. Only by this policy can Nigerians be assured Nigeria belong to all Nigerians and not a few.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by otokx(m): 6:27pm On Nov 17, 2006
The south - south should forget about the presidency for now as we are not yet mature. We should increase and strengthen our political awareness amongst our members while creating an enabling environment through a massive reconstruction of all roads and bridges in the area.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by BigB11(m): 6:57pm On Nov 17, 2006
I agree.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Odeku(m): 7:07pm On Nov 17, 2006
It shouldn't matter where the president is from, we need someone that will unite us not divide us
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by cushman(m): 7:26pm On Nov 17, 2006
Odeku:

It shouldn't matter where the president is from, we need someone that will unite us not divide us

I dig that
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by stanech: 11:28pm On Nov 17, 2006
Odeku:

I AGREE
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by otokx(m): 1:38pm On Nov 18, 2006
It shouldn't matter but it does matter, there are so many uninformed nigerians.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Jaybaba(m): 7:03pm On Nov 18, 2006
It matters o.
At least for now it does. Some people need to be assured they belong and that assurance comes from handling the mantle of leadership. Is it even fair for a man to produce all that has made those northerners, westerners and some easterners extremely rich and not be allowed to even benefit from what is rightfully his?
The south-south deserves the presidency after which the south-east. After then, the political parties can alter the zoning mechanism and begin to give whoever they seem fit (so long as he is qualified by the rules of morality and fairplay) to contest afterall the final say should belong to us.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by BigB11(m): 10:43pm On Nov 18, 2006
Let's the votes determine the next Nigerian president.

May God bless Nigeria
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by otokx(m): 12:41am On Nov 20, 2006
It won't be long now, we will know the party flagbearers in the coming elections.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Damy(m): 12:16pm On Nov 20, 2006
Vote 4 me. no manifto No. Rules

Damyd1007
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by sbucareer(f): 12:30pm On Nov 20, 2006

I was watching Ben TV today and they were showing the lunch of Mo Ibrahim, the richest African man. Formerly the founder and owner of Celtic Communications.

He lunched his foundation to encourage Africans leader to uphold a good and honest leadership and a fantanstic return of $5, 000 000 every year after leadership for 10 years and $200, 000 for the rest of their life's. What a good initiative. I hope this would encourage them.

Can someone please, please, please, please honestly answer me, what is wrong with Nigerians and their leaders? Life don tire me self. Oyinbo man don insalt man because my country is not good to live and work. I am frustrated in life with the way Nigerians and their leaders are behaving. What can I do? I will do it.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by otokx(m): 11:30am On Nov 22, 2006
Is it the same BEN TV that interviewed ATIKU too?
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Freestyl(m): 1:15pm On Nov 22, 2006
It is only God that will give Nigeria a faithful leader, pls lets be prayerful
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by obodo2006(m): 3:32pm On Nov 22, 2006
I just stumbled on the complete list of all Presidential Aspirants at http://www.topnigerianpoliticians.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6

They are all 28 in numbers and I think they should all be included in this poll
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by lewa(m): 6:11pm On Nov 23, 2006
Anyone apart from those retired jackbooters, Yerima, Odili,Turaki, Udenwa,Makarfi,Bukar Ibrahim, Yar'adua,Nnamani,OK,can contest!I would prefer a S/S candidate. Power should rotate and
other ethnic groups should be allowed to feel among.No more kleptocrats, the whole world is watching!
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Revolution: 8:49pm On Nov 23, 2006
For me it is very simple, if the PDP fails to pick Donald Duke as their presidential candidate I will use all the energy I currently use to campaign for Duke to campaign against the PDP. Only Duke can save the PDP from iminent defeat at the polls.

It is simple, No Duke, No PDP. I will immediate switch to supporting Pat Utomi if the PDP don't pick Duke. Wow! That is amazing and reminds me of the prophesy I read a while back that said Duke will become the next President of Nigeria, but if the PDP fail to pick him them Utomi will be President, See prophesy below, mmm, interesting:

Ibadan John the Baptist speaks
By GBENGA ABEGUNRIN, Ibadan
Thursday, July 6, 2006 National Index
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2006/july/06/national-06-07-2006-005.htm

Reverend Perez Iyiola Oluyemi is well known in Ibadan, Oyo State capital for many of his predictions that had come to pass.
Recently the man of God revealed that Governor Donald Duke of Cross River State would be President Olusegun Obasanjo's successor in year 2007.

The clergy further added that Nigeria would become a great nation that would give solace to other countries of the world, both spiritually and economcally in the year 2009 if the issue of 2007 general election is not allowed to divide he country.

Addressing a press conference at his Adamasingba, Ibadan church office recently, Reverend Oluyemi stated that northerners should forget about the presidency for now as power would not shift to the region in 2007 .

The man of God, however, added that if the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) fails to pick Governor Duke as its presidential candidate in 2007, another person from the region would emerge as the next president from another political party, maintaining that Professor Pat Utomi is the only alternative to Governor Duke.

In his words "If the PDP would still remain as the ruling party, it has to pick Donald Duke. If it fails to do so, Pat Utomi would emerge from another party because the star of presidency is dangling on both of them. Either of the two can emerge, but Donald Duke is more favoured.

"The next president would be a nationalist and a patrotic Nigerian with disciplined background, who would be a father indeed for all the tribes in the country. A person that would prepare Nigerians for the economic boom the country would witness in 2009."

Reverend Oluyemi, however, added that like the voice of John the Baptist in the Holy Bible, his prophecies would surely come to fulfilment, maintaining that God has instructed him to blow the trumpet across the country.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by hbrednic: 9:11pm On Nov 23, 2006
prof emeka anyaoku with a good track record as the comowealth sec.general will be good for the job, be its a pity he is not on the list.why not a nigeria in diaspora,cos he understands better that light,water and good road networks are necessities and not preveligde.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by stanech: 11:06pm On Nov 23, 2006
Donald should be made the President of the federal republic of nigeria either by election or selection if not Nigeria should be ready for a civil war from Niger Delta
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Nobody: 5:00am On Nov 24, 2006
Reverend Perez Iyiola Oluyemi is well known in Ibadan, Oyo State capital for many of his predictions that had come to pass.
Recently the man of God revealed that Governor Donald Duke of Cross River State would be President Olusegun Obasanjo's successor in year 2007.

With all respect to God Almighty, Imitation prophet abawo uba, ha na ndi otu ha le!
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Johnny(m): 3:59pm On Nov 24, 2006
If there is any candidate that can toe the path of national development and fight corruption in it's entirety, he is M'hmed Buhari. Lets join hands together and make him our leader. We are tired of corruption and all it entails. It is high time we moved forward as a nation. Any mistake of bringing back people like IBB will be the greatest injust we will be doing to ourself; That will be great disaster. That will be to square one of corruption, drug and human trafficking, 'chop I chop', and masive looting of our treasury.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by ezeking(m): 4:20pm On Nov 24, 2006
See, upon una predictionz, Chris Okotie won the Silverbird/Vanguard popularity polls on who Nigerian wants to be their president; dont u think itz actually the hand of God in motion.

Maybe we shld listen to what the guy has to say about Nigeria in the will be televised edition of the next stage of the competition. The guy has some nerve indeed, imagine winning by 31.17% while the next to him scored 13% (Sam Egwu)?

It was hard to believe for me until i heard that Akintola Williams accounting firm actually audited the results themselves. Is this a sign of what gon happen in 2007. A clean start? i wont mind that.

I am beginning to think that 9ja actually needs someone like him who is not tented politically or militarily in any form for a clean start.

Whatz u guyz take on these thingz??
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Revolution: 12:42am On Nov 25, 2006
Ezeking, correction, Okotie did not win the Silverbird/Vanguard Poll, he only won that round. There is still the final round where the contestant have to debate against each other before the final round of voting and the winner is picked.

Correction no 2: The fact that an accounting firm did the counting does not make it valid or reflective of what will happen. Why do you think they never published the total number of people who voted? Because many people did not vote and most of the ones who did were probably from Okotie's Church. You only have to look at who came second, third, fourth etc in that poll to realise it was flawed. Are you seriously telling me Sam Egwu is more popular than the others on the list?

Final point: Duke had not declared by the time the poll ended. Remember it ended days before the results were anounced and Duke hadn't declared by then so people didn't think he will run.

In the mean time please enjoy some of Duke's campaign photos:

http://www.dukepac.biz/110601.html

Also, here are some of Duke's declaration photos: http://www.dukepac.biz/119801.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply)

Lagosians Struggle To Get GEJ's Bags Of Rice And Tubers Of Yam [Photo] / Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain / Tinubu And Akande Sold The South West - George

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.