Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts (51013 Views)

Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre / Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever / Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by BodyKiss(m): 6:58pm On Aug 06, 2014
Mickey7: 8likes and still counting. sad thanks for making my dream come alive. cry you all are so kind +bursts into tears+

How old are you? Please get tha fvck out of here.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 06, 2014
[size=38pt]Ebola epidemic is white man propaganda[/size]

Ask why no hysteria for Rabies which is more deadly?

Make una just shine ur eyes well well and calm down
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by GboyegaD(m): 7:02pm On Aug 06, 2014
So sad as these people must have had contacts with some other people whose had contacts with many more others. We all go to the same market, pray in same church/mosque, visited so many places of interest together thus, we can only keep hoping this doesn't spread too quick.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by bros12345: 7:05pm On Aug 06, 2014
Psalm 91 is my key

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by ElNur1: 7:05pm On Aug 06, 2014
Ebola... dis is not fear ooo
u see wetin d fear of Ebola cause ba...
after d 1 week hustle,
I gather money,
I took ma Beb 4 dinner nd she refused 2 eat d beef..
#FearOfEbola
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Onegai(f): 7:06pm On Aug 06, 2014
Leopantro:

For what? On channelsTv over the weekend, when the commissioner was asked how isolation was to be done he said the patients were given thermometers to check their temperatures themselves and told to stay at home, plus to eat good food. Do toy know how difficult it is to keep someone against his or her will for how many days, against their will? The two that's I know have run away from Lagos. Every one is afraid.

For the love of God and please protect us, call 080-EBOLAHELP and tell them where they are. don't let selfishness kill tens of thousands. Abeg, please, we are in danger. Call and tell the authorities where they are. Each they those people hide, they infect more.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 06, 2014
Leopantro: The bottom line is that we cannot provide the
requisite expertise needed to manage these
confirmed and probable cases

But I thought you said doctors have volunteered to help out.

Ebola horror: When Nigeria's first case was told he had Ebola, he pulled down pants and URINATED on the doctors - FPAfrica

BTW, I know where two are.

I read this on Yahoo too.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 06, 2014
BlackHuman: Just when we thought it couldn't get worse.....now it's all about ebola, boko haram has taken the backseat....
LOL....Na so.... Ebola dis n ebola dat fr some weeks nw n still counting:/
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Vivipop(f): 7:13pm On Aug 06, 2014
As sad as it may sound, you are right. If one infected person rendered 27 persons suspects,you can imagine how many people they might have come in contact with. It seems like this Ebola Pandemic is getting worse by the hour,I'v never been more afraid in my life. It's better we know we are dealing with one state than the whole of Nigeria.
YourCoffin: Everybody is thinking it. I'm saying it.

It's time we barricaded and quarantined the whole of Lagos. No more movement in and out of the city. But they should wait let me get to the east first. Operation Quarantine of Lagos should begin next tomorrow...
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Mickey7(m): 7:18pm On Aug 06, 2014
BodyKiss:

How old are you? Please get tha fvck out of here.
why you wants to spoil my happinesses only God know sad God will see us tru.God will judge us cry For bible say heart in man is despirately very wicked
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 06, 2014
ReubenAbati:

You are brain-dead on arrival!

Nymph

Your Father, Brain Dead. Mr Abati
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Nwa4Jesus(f): 7:22pm On Aug 06, 2014
I will say that this ebola comes into Lagos on our own carelessness, ebola breakout since March in Libriea so how do Nigeria allow someone from their to come in all in d name of conference meeting without not screening him at d airport blc na oyibo man abii? Now see what he has caused us, fear of ebola here n there. Have we think how's our kids gonna do when d resume back to school by next month? We are too dull on dis virus biko Nijja. Lagos goverment are trying their best. God help us

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Daresh(f): 7:25pm On Aug 06, 2014
alotofgrace: there biodata are at the airline they flew...

god help us

Did you read the article at all?
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Orikinla(m): 7:26pm On Aug 06, 2014
[size=14pt]What if they have gone clubbing or swimming?
What will happen to those who rubbed bodies with them at the night clubs or shared swimming pools with them?[/size]

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by tpia1: 7:27pm On Aug 06, 2014
where is the man's luggage?
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by nijanigga: 7:30pm On Aug 06, 2014
mrking3: Thankfully, the body of patrick was burnt to ashes! So no need to wish him to Hell anymore!! This man is just an Agent of the devil released to destroy the world!
I can't believe the level of religious bigotry in Nigeria,it's appalling to think that late sawyer;a victim of ebola is an agent of the devil.How about you? an agent of Lucifer? Actually, if there is hell,you're it's bonafide candidate.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by 190theclown: 7:30pm On Aug 06, 2014
Flytefalls: I'm sitting here in the UK thinking it's only been 1/2 days ago that British Airways stopped flying to Sierra Leone and Liberia.This has been news for months!!!! Disease is no longer of a village, people are not so stagnant, so why do we all act like distance is security?

smh angry angry

somebody quarantiiineeeee her before she infects us more with her charming smile

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Chinwem(f): 7:30pm On Aug 06, 2014
Lucasbalo: I hope and pray to God this irritant called Ebola is contained before I come for my Xmas vacation in December. God help us all. Ebola is not something desirable.

Better stay where you are o

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by kingslly(m): 7:31pm On Aug 06, 2014
we r always 3 steps behind every situation,why didnt they quarantine d 70 primary contacts in d first place,dat wuld have bin a bold step to save d nigerian populace.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by 190theclown: 7:32pm On Aug 06, 2014
Malakh: u for sit for Kilimanjaro lol
grin grin grin
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Leopantro: 7:35pm On Aug 06, 2014
Onegai:

For the love of God and please protect us, call 080-EBOLAHELP and tell them where they are. don't let selfishness kill tens of thousands. Abeg, please, we are in danger. Call and tell the authorities where they are. Each they those people hide, they infect more.

Selfishness? No, it's frustration.
Last week, I got information about a patient who recently traveled and had some of these symptoms from two market women. I begged and eventually got the relatives number. The relatives preferred home treatment due to financial constrain. I pleaded with them to take the man to hospital, they refused. I called the health department in Abuja and was repeatedly transferred to different individuals until I was referred to the state health officer. When I told him ably the situation, he told me that since the man refused medical attention there was nothing he could do. This was after one hour of my credit wasted. I gave up at that point.
The man later died.
And someone will later tell me that I'm selfish and greedy rather than call the government to order

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
GenBuhari: [size=38pt]Ebola epidemic is white man propaganda[/size]

Actually not....Ebola kills a lot of people because the state of preventive health in this country and indeed in Africa is bad.

Ask why no hysteria for Rabies which is more deadly?

1.Because as soon as a rabid dog is isolated....it is killed immediately....and all the dogs it bites are put down as well.

2.Because when you get bitten by a rabid dog...you can save yourself from getting rabies by getting the rabies vaccine....available Over the counter at your local pharmacy.

3.Plus the incubation period of rabies can last as long as 18 months....enough time to get treated.

Make una just shine ur eyes well well and calm down

And while we are calm....make your government at state and federal level spend more on preventive health, general hygiene, and good tertiary health facilities....as well as increasing spending on science, health and education.

Instead of yowling about white man propaganda.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by jjwaterfalls(f): 7:50pm On Aug 06, 2014
Liability: ebola is making headlines more than hiv.

Cos its worse dan HIV, reason becos it also affects CD4 (immunity) cells like hiv, its highly infectous, and has a far lower survival rate.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Kossyne(m): 7:59pm On Aug 06, 2014
Mickey7: why you wants to spoil my happinesses only God know sad God will see us tru.God will judge us cry For bible say heart in man is despirately very wicked

If you want people to like your posts/comments, then post something sensible, contribute meaningfully to topics. I don't even know why you are clamouring for likes, can it be exchanged for money or do you derive some sort of personal gratification.Whichever is it, it has nothing to do with the topic being discussed.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Kossyne(m): 8:04pm On Aug 06, 2014
Nwa4Jesus: I will say that this ebola comes into Lagos on our own carelessness, ebola breakout since March in Libriea so how do Nigeria allow someone from their to come in all in d name of conference meeting without not screening him at d airport blc na oyibo man abii? Now see what he has caused us, fear of ebola here n there. Have we think how's our kids gonna do when d resume back to school by next month? We are too dull on dis virus biko Nijja. Lagos goverment are trying their best. God help us

We are well aware of that. Saying it over and over again will not change a thing. Instead of sitting on your hands and blaming the government for the same crime you are guilty of, why not be proactive?. What have you done to ensure that the spread of this virus is mitigated in your own capacity as an individual?
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by shilexholly(m): 8:05pm On Aug 06, 2014
Now am avin a second mind d̶̲̥̅̊α† dis tin is real.......all is well sha......I pray God should stop dis o.....

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Malakh: 8:06pm On Aug 06, 2014
190theclown: grin grin grin
grin cool grin
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Mickey7(m): 8:07pm On Aug 06, 2014
Kossyne:

If you want people to like your posts/comments, then post something sensible, contribute meaningfully to topics. I don't even know why you are clamouring for likes, can it be exchanged for money or do you derive some sort of personal gratification.Whichever is it, it has nothing to do with the topic being discussed.
wetin dey do diz one shocked wey dey take panadol for my headache shocked why e dey pain you shocked btw I've got 41 likes and still counting.need a noose?
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by paxnka: 8:09pm On Aug 06, 2014
Lagos state govt should make a public announcement that all primary, secondary and tertiary contacts should come for treatment that they have the cure. All suspected cases will flood the centre. First, we need to build facities for these people. Give them assurance that they will live, make provision for healthy food and drug to build their immune system.
@all we need to always boost our immune systems and maintain a healthy environment
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by modestdude(m): 8:13pm On Aug 06, 2014
By the way, where is Jim Iyke? You guys should include him in your manhunt

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Lucasbalo(m): 8:20pm On Aug 06, 2014
Chinwem:

Better stay where you are o
No my sister. Love to spend Xmas with family and friends. This is an annual ritual for the past 20 years. I don't want Mr Ebola to jinx it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Commits Suicide After Her Mum Accused Her Of Taking Her Money (Photos) / 'beard Gang Can Give You A Vaginal Infection' - Nigerian Doctor Claims / How Do You Deal With Your Pimples?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.