Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,643 members, 7,823,829 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK (93754 Views)

Benson Idahosa And Bishop David Oyedepo Pictured Together / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Dancing Azonto (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by suwailad(f): 9:18am On Aug 16, 2014
damosky12: You dont speak against the annointing and not struggle through life.. Mind your mouths folks!

Dangote, bill gates, warren buffet, richard branson etc don't know about this annointing you talking about but they are all richer than all the occupants of your town

15 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Revolva(m): 9:20am On Aug 16, 2014
Singing 2shots thief ole carry am go..oyedepo na heavy con artists...I never liked d man for one day....and mugus go still dey pay

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by mount1ng(m): 9:20am On Aug 16, 2014
justwise:
...and your point is? Because he is a Christian we should cover him up and not talk about the alleged fraud?
I said, he that has no sin should cast the stone. For he that thinks he stand, take heed lest you fall. I always ask myself, if I am in their position, will I do better?
Everybody has the tendency to sin, if a temptation comes and you don't fall for it, then can you judge others. We have seen people that judged others but when they are presented with the same package they follow suit. Are you a saint? Then carry on with your judgement.
Do you think God is fool to say let the wheat and tares grow together.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Howmanage: 9:22am On Aug 16, 2014
Eyop: undecided cry cry cry
too blurred to read
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by donpeluchi(m): 9:24am On Aug 16, 2014
You can't heap all the blame of money making pastors. How about the people who can not think for themselves and do whatever they are told by these pastors? I think majority of the blame shud go to the followers

5 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 16, 2014
damosky12:
Take a look at your life in the next five years. Lets see how far you can go. You call Men of GOD 'thieves'. Except u repent, you have broken d edge of grace. Lets see where you will be in 5 years time.
1diot! Stop that emotional game you want to play on her! Nothing is gonna happen to her for stating the obvious fact. She called them ordinary 'thieves' and you are cursing? What if i now state that your so called 'men of God' are nothing but murderous criminals who are only preying on some people's gullibility? Oya start raining your 'curses'.

22 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 16, 2014
This man is rich because of the false promises he makes to his followers. He should be investigated immediately for fraud and all his assets seized. His money is the money taken from hardworking Nigerians, money that should have gone to other noble causes.

4 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 16, 2014
grin
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by gabbytabby: 9:26am On Aug 16, 2014
Exploitation 419 and the like tend to take hold when people are looking for something from nothing they win lottery that they did not play manner fall down from heaven

4 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by faceve: 9:28am On Aug 16, 2014
God help us
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 16, 2014
malachi 3:10 bring all ye into d storehouse that there may be meat in my house. prove me now herewit if i will not open the windows of heaven
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:28am On Aug 16, 2014
databoy247:

Church nor be business? Abi you nor see the 16.7 million pounds wey dem dey talk about? tongue

Lwkmd
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Dragonking: 9:30am On Aug 16, 2014
Daily Mail’s report stated that the church received £16.7 million (N4.5 billion) in donations from followers who were told that God would give them riches in return’ and that ‘Followers are ferried in double-decker shuttle buses to the church, handed slips inviting them to make debit card payments, and are even told obeying the ministry’s teachings will make them immune from illness’. David O. Oyedepo is reputed to be the richest pastor in Nigeria. He is the senior pastor of Faith Tabernacle, a 50,000 seat church auditorium, reported to be the largest church auditorium in the world by the Guinness Book of Records.

^^^The bolded shows the highest level of deceit.

When we say most of the so called men of God are criminals, some religious block heads will come and start speaking trash. Now see how these pastors/bishop/reverend/priest/prophet of God exploit innocent people saying that they should drop their hard earned cash to get deliverance meanwhile all na lie. angry angry angry

People be warned!!!!!!

https://www.nairaland.com/1852388/why-did-pastor-adeboye-run/2#25505265

5 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 16, 2014
chynzino: malachi 3:10 bring all ye into d storehouse that there may be meat in my house. prove me now herewit if i will not open the windows of heaven

you mean into the house of the crook pastor ?

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:31am On Aug 16, 2014
sammieguze:

religion....making fool of people since 0000BC.

Was shocked when a chemistry professor confessed he also bath with salt water because he claimed prophect t.b. Joshua was the one who sent the message.

Chai.....religion is nothing but modern day 419.

Make me sef go start a business jare... Sorry... I Mean a church cheesy
Lwkmd @ur signature.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Howmanage: 9:32am On Aug 16, 2014
databoy247: It is not known for sure as at the time of writing what prompted the barring, but it may be connected to an inquiry by the UK Charitable Commission, which, according to Daily Mail and Guardian, accused Oyedepo’s Winners Chapel UK branch of ‘cynically exploiting supporters’.

The Daily Mail report revealed that Oyedepo’s Church ‘received £16.7 million in donations from followers who were told that God would give them riches in return’ and that ‘Followers are ferried in double-decker shuttle buses to the church, handed slips inviting them to make debit card payments, and are even told obeying the ministry’s teachings will make them immune from illness’.

Source:
http://thisisafrica.me/exclusive-frontline-pastor-david-oyedepo-barred-uk/
probably they see him as an Ebola faith healing sessions magnet. Rumours that P Sawyer was on his way to TB Joshua church must have reached their ears
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by justwise(m): 9:33am On Aug 16, 2014
mount1ng:
I said, he that has no sin should cast the stone. For he that thinks he stand, take heed lest you fall. I always ask myself, if I am in their position, will I do better?
Everybody has the tendency to sin, if a temptation comes and you don't fall for it, then can you judge others. We have seen people that judged others but when they are presented with the same package they follow suit. Are you a saint? Then carry on with your judgement.
Do you think God is fool to say let the wheat and tares grow together.

Your stand is changing now, i'm definitely not a saint but does that means we should cover 'our own'? Each time story about criminals in the house of God comes up we see many 'followers' of men of 'gOD' springing up to defend their 'daddy' but the same people will be quick to condemn thieving politicians. Aren't you lot a hypocrite?

Bible quoting, devil casting Christians who are deliberately blinded to thieving men of gOD within them.

Why do we bother praying when we are ready to defend those who use the name of God to steal and deceive?

8 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:34am On Aug 16, 2014
jesuslovesme123: Jesus asked: When I come back, will I find faith on earth?

There are many Church-goers, but very few Christians. Sad.
Fact!

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Ebubest(m): 9:34am On Aug 16, 2014
BRAV0O: How this cum take concern us ? undecided
help me ask dem o, we don't have d right to judge dem, GOD is seeing everything let him be the judge
damosky12: You dont speak against the annointing and not struggle through life.. Mind your mouths folks!
BRAV0O: How this cum take concern us ? undecided
help me ask dem o, we don't have d right to judge dem, GOD is seeing everything
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by mentorandfriend(m): 9:34am On Aug 16, 2014
sammieguze:

Was shocked when a chemistry professor confessed he also bath with salt water because he claimed prophect t.b. Joshua was the one who sent the message.

The secret of men are in their stories. Go and read his story, see the price he has paid, and stop talking nonsense. While some Nigerian youths are paying the price of greatness today, you jump around town, smoking and sexing everything in skirt. Tommorrow, you'll soon say the same things about me when my sacrifices of today puts me in a private jet. Why won't you change your life sir? Are you ok this way?
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:36am On Aug 16, 2014
Mrcdorv: Advance Yahoo Ministries(AYM)
Hahahahaha
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by mentorandfriend(m): 9:36am On Aug 16, 2014
opeyemi2013: "while over 2 million african kids need just 15cents to buy malaria vaccines, africa's bishop oyedepo hoards 4 private jets ; $30m each." "warren buffett a humanitarian worth $50bn still flies commercial airlines while africa's bishop oyedepo hoards 4 private jets." "Hard-working citizens who work 9-5hrs have nothing to show for it, while pastors like oyedepo sell biblical fables once a week and purchase $20m jets."
You cant have what you dont respect sir.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Godanya: 9:36am On Aug 16, 2014
It is a matter of time. All the charlatans posing to be called by God will be exposed.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by mkoabiola: 9:40am On Aug 16, 2014
Money and religion
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Yosifperfect(m): 9:41am On Aug 16, 2014
I am happy that a black man is "cynically exploiting" them oyinbos
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Dragonking: 9:41am On Aug 16, 2014
sexyseun: You may have a point, but the truth is: its his money and anyhow he chooses to spend it so be it.

It is not his money but the money of the people whom he deceived and converted it into his pockets.

8 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:41am On Aug 16, 2014
valuedammy: Church bussiness is a very good bussiness 2 invest on, as a muslim if I have money I will build a church and hire a good pastor to manage it then we would share the proceeds from it together in percentage.
Lmao!
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by sammieguze(m): 9:44am On Aug 16, 2014
Are you ok at all
1. I don't smoke.

2. I am a conservative kinda guy who prefers snoozing to partying or socializing.

3. I am in a very steady and faithful relationship hence i don't go about sexing as u claimed.

My serious advice to you is that you should get yourself glasses coz it seems u av problem with you vision coz i don't seems to see where i insulted this man that made you start saying thrash.

Mtcheeew...iranu oshi

mentorandfriend: The secret of men are in their stories. Go and read his story, see the price he has paid, and stop talking nonsense. While some Nigerian youths are paying the price of greatness today, you jump around town, smoking and sexing everything in skirt. Tommorrow, you'll soon say the same things about me when my sacrifices of today puts me in a private jet. Why won't you change your life sir? Are you ok this way?

8 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 16, 2014
databoy247: It is not known for sure as at the time of writing what prompted the barring, but it may be connected to an inquiry by the UK Charitable Commission, which, according to Daily Mail and Guardian, accused Oyedepo’s Winners Chapel UK branch of ‘cynically exploiting supporters’.

The Daily Mail report revealed that Oyedepo’s Church ‘received £16.7 million in donations from followers who were told that God would give them riches in return’ and that ‘Followers are ferried in double-decker shuttle buses to the church, handed slips inviting them to make debit card payments, and are even told obeying the ministry’s teachings will make them immune from illness’.

Source:
http://thisisafrica.me/exclusive-frontline-pastor-david-oyedepo-barred-uk/

Always talk what you know. This story is stale. It happened over 2 years ago, and it's not connected to Bishop David Oyedepo himself, rather the pastor of the church in UK.
Nonethless, the misconception was appropriately fixed, and GOD alone took the glory.
#NB: FP topics are topics which generate controversy. Let watch it! Talk what you're sure of
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Champele(m): 9:46am On Aug 16, 2014
Youngzedd: Why is this in business section

So you don turn church matter to business @OP

Observing....... shocked shocked
because we talking money,you talking nonsense.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by pacretus(m): 9:48am On Aug 16, 2014
sammieguze:

no just no.wat u need to do now is to "go back to bed"nd wakeup on ur right hand.cos am sure u ar using d left side of ur brain to reason.peace
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by stanisbaratheon: 9:50am On Aug 16, 2014
valuedammy: Church bussiness is a very good bussiness 2 invest on, as a muslim if I have money I will build a church and hire a good pastor to manage it then we would share the proceeds from it together in percentage.

so you have made sense now abi??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

"How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" / "80-Year-Old 'Witch' Trapped On Electric Pole On Her Way Back" - Online User / Days Of Praise (3) — The Doctrine of Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.