Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview (49702 Views)

What's the Weirdest Question you've ever been asked in an Interview? / He Missed An Interview Because……. / A Genius Answer To A Moral/Ethical Dilemma Asked In A Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by TopUpGold: 10:47pm On Aug 17, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: The interviewer asked me 'Are you sure u are capable of doing this job?' and my answer was- 'u dey craze? No no no no no, e be lyk say u craze b4? Wetin be capable? I no dey capable and i come here come find job?' the lady just burst out in laughter come begin beg me say e neva reach lyk dat say no be quarrel nah question im ask me......(though nah truck driver job for one kain sachet pure water company)

Buhahahaha

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by ogtavia(m): 10:47pm On Aug 17, 2014
tolutweety: Mine wasn't really a weird question, it wsn't even a question at all.
I found the conversation funny but interesting n i wish to share it.
After passing tru the pre-SRD stages of this oil n gas coy,I finally sat down during the last phase of the interview with two gentlemen in a room.
First man: i am ??, works in HR Dept and I have been in this coy for close to 15yrs.
Second man: i am ??, I am in 'ds Dept'... and I got into this coy 6yrs ago., so may we meet u.....
Me: i am ??, I will be working in 'ds dept'... and I am doing the interview that will make me start the work,... So no yrs spent so far!! *smiles*

.....and they both bursted out laughing!!

I wasn't meant to start that way,had a better approach to introducing myself buh dint knw why the comic part of me took over...lol
I smiled in the end., cos the interview ended up being a friendly discussion.

When I reflect, I still see it as weird and I just laugh.

Did u get d job
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Mickey7(m): 10:48pm On Aug 17, 2014
chizzy94:
Looooool.
Mickey, here you are again grin grin.
lol how did you get here
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 17, 2014
Slimmos: Pls keep it rolling for we d undergraduate so dat we can learn more

Okay. If you insist. In my case I was asked why I left my former job (poor management issues, really) and I gave it to them raw. I told them the exact truth.

Next time, said they, don't be too 'graphic' but just say 'due to poor management...' They knew, however, that I was telling the truth.

I got the job!

14 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Drdreluv: 10:50pm On Aug 17, 2014
Kk

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by smada13(m): 10:51pm On Aug 17, 2014
smurfy:

Wow! You sure are smart!

tnx bro
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 17, 2014
I went for an interview in one company in calabar. After all said and done. As I was about to stand up, the interviewer who happen to be a female says excuse me one more question please. I replied go ahead.
She looked at me with full confidence andd asked how big is my preek ? I was like She repeat the question again and explained to me that the size of my diik will determine if I get the job or not.
I was like. Madam abeg watin concern my Priik and. The job I come for ? She just laugh and ask me to come back the next week for the job. I did not return.

11 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 17, 2014
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Mickey7(m): 10:52pm On Aug 17, 2014
Lolzzzz rotfl! +dies+
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 10:53pm On Aug 17, 2014
Mine was funny we were abt 20 people for the job after the test that got many people complaining we went in for the interview. Let me say some of d questions.
Man... If your employer is a boko haram will u still work for her.
Me..... Answered
Man....eye to eye contact for 3 minutes
Man.... Any question
Me...... When shld I come and pick my appointment letter.

Although I was the only one choosen for the job bt the pay is small 18k for a graduate bt I accepted it wat else will I do

7 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by MoyoGENERAL: 10:53pm On Aug 17, 2014
mine is simple...
twas a scholarship interview; with almost 6 guys in the panel...
after answering questions from my field excellently( from the engineer and profs)....the engineer looked at anoda man if he had a question for me,( meanwhile this guy just entered)...
na so this guy began political questions, my mind dey reason say I go blast am, na him the guy ask local( state) politics, I first miss am, he asked another question again, I miss am...
na so I provoke....come shout my FATHER!!!!!!!!!
NA SO EVERYONE BURST INTO LAUGHTER OOOOO
that thing pain me jare, that guy just wan spoil tins...but GOD pass am...
BTW....am still waiting for the result oooo...

5 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 17, 2014
MoyoGENERAL: mine is simple...
twas a scholarship interview; with almost 6 guys in the panel...
after answering questions from my field excellently( from the engineer and profs)....the engineer looked at anoda man if he had a question for me,( meanwhile this guy just entered)...
na so this guy began political questions, my mind dey reason say I go blast am, na him the guy ask local( state) politics, I first miss am, he asked another question again, I miss am...
na so I provoke....come shout my FATHER!!!!!!!!!
NA SO EVERYONE BURST INTO LAUGHTER OOOOO
that thing pain me jare, that guy just wan spoil tins...but GOD pass am...
BTW....am still waiting for the result oooo...

I don't know which post to believe again. sad

5 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Drdreluv: 10:57pm On Aug 17, 2014

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Mickey7(m): 10:57pm On Aug 17, 2014
chizzy94:
The topic caught my attention.
if I had a firm,I'd employ you.great fan!
I actually wanted to troll that guy but just thought it would be nice to keep it cool lol.
+in julian's voice+no mercy,no mercy

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 17, 2014
The employer asked 'will you f.c..u.k me if i give you the opportunity?'

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Eve62(f): 11:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
Andyblaze:
It was one fateful day at Boston, I went for an interview as a sales guy during my studies...the lady was very cute...

Then as I was about to sit down she said that fdjkf$vdvxdlcuifblsdvd fhjcfntioohmhnbhg

angry angry

#BITG

sorry, was i supposed to laugh?
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Mickey7(m): 11:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
OnyeIbo: The employer asked 'will you f.c..u.k me if i give you the opportunity?'
smh -_-
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Infoay: 11:01pm On Aug 17, 2014
Twale 4u
pendusky: I was asked

The man; "you studied engineering right"?

me; yes sire

The man; How do you write 4 in between 5?

me: that simple sire, [ he gave me a paper and a Biro and I wrote F(IV)E. ] that is it sire.

The man; you must be a genius. come back tomorrow for your medicals.

That's all and I was employed.

grin

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by MoyoGENERAL: 11:01pm On Aug 17, 2014
smurfy:

I don't know which post to believe again. sad
....everyone writes his/her personal experience...
so I don't need to convince you to believe me!!!!

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Torkwase1(f): 11:09pm On Aug 17, 2014
Hmm reminds me of when I went for my interview for a position in a major TV house. The chairman's massive office with over 20 flatscreen TVs first of all threw me off guard shocked. Then after going thru my credentials, he calmly asked, at what age where you disvirgined shocked shocked shocked I almost passed out lipsrsealed He had some 'big' people in his office, and they all were staring at me, almost mischieviously daring me to speak lipsrsealed) When I regained my composure, he told me he wasn't interested in the answer at all, but if I wanted to be a media person, I must be prepared for all kinds of questions at all times.
He then proceeded to ask me that why are there so many HIV/AIDS cases in my state. Instead of arguing, I calmly told him people were not obeying the ABCs of sex and AIDS. He then said how would I advise his son (who also happened to be in the office at that time)on the choice of a wife between a girl from somewhere in Calabar where they allegedly eat humans ( lipsrsealed) and my state where they have high HIV rate! Then he asked me to suggest a possible media campaign strategy to help reduce HIV prevalence in my state...
It turned out to be quite an interesting discussion, not even an interview per se. And I got the job, effective immediately cheesy

12 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 17, 2014
MoyoGENERAL:
....everyone writes his/her personal experience...
so I don't need to convince you to believe me!!!!

No offense meant. I'm just wondering if it's true you shouted FATHER.

A few people up there ^^^^ definitely added maggi to theirs.

6 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 17, 2014
The beautiful young lady asked me " have you ever dated an older lady before?
Me: No ma'am, bt if dts wat it take 2 get this job, then I won't mind starting from here, after all there is always a first time.
The lady jst smiled.......and guess what?

3 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Amack(m): 11:11pm On Aug 17, 2014
Five Nigerian Ebola victims almost fully fit – Minister.http://www.punchng.com/politics/five-nigerian-ebola-victims-responding-well-minister/
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by TopUpGold: 11:12pm On Aug 17, 2014
OBIORAA: I went for an interview in one company in calabar. After all said and done. As I was about to stand up, the interviewer who happen to be a female says excuse me one more question please. I replied go ahead.
She looked at me with full confidence andd asked how big is my preek ? I was like She repeat the question again and explained to me that the size of my diik will determine if I get the job or not.
I was like. Madam abeg watin concern my Priik and. The job I come for ? She just laugh and ask me to come back the next week for the job. I did not return.

Thank your stars you didn't return.
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 11:12pm On Aug 17, 2014
Torkwase1: Hmm reminds me of when I went for my interview for a position in a major TV house. The chairman's massive office with over 20 flatscreen TVs first of all threw me off guard shocked. Then after going thru my credentials, he calmly asked, at what age where you disvirgined shocked shocked shocked I almost passed out lipsrsealed He had some 'big' people in his office, and they all were staring at me, almost mischieviously daring me to speak lipsrsealed) When I regained my composure, he told me he wasn't interested in the answer at all, but if I wanted to be a media person, I must be prepared for all kinds of questions at all times.
He then proceeded to ask me that why are there so many HIV/AIDS cases in my state. Instead of arguing, I calmly told him people were not obeying the ABCs of sex and AIDS. He then said how would I advise his son (who also happened to be in the office at that time)on the choice of a wife between a girl from somewhere in Calabar where they allegedly eat humans ( lipsrsealed) and my state where they have high HIV rate! Then he asked me to suggest a possible media campaign strategy to help reduce HIV prevalence in my state...
It turned out to be quite an interesting discussion, not even an interview per se. And I got the job, effective immediately cheesy

Congrats! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by sawhite: 11:14pm On Aug 17, 2014
Castroii: The beautiful young lady asked me " have you ever dated an older lady before?
Me: No ma'am, bt if dts wat it take 2 get this job, then I won't mind starting from here, after all there is always a first time.
u didnt get d job
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by TopUpGold: 11:15pm On Aug 17, 2014
This thread has been hijacked by some. Now looking like love zone.

Good night.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Mickey7(m): 11:18pm On Aug 17, 2014
Castroii: The beautiful young lady asked me " have you ever dated an older lady before?
You are still jobleSs?you got thrown out the window? And that is why you are here feeding us lies?

3 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Ghost01(m): 11:19pm On Aug 17, 2014
Mine was: "Did you collect rice during the campaign for the guber polls in your state (Ekiti)?" Told her the rice was meant for party members, and I ain't one.

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by IGWISE(m): 11:19pm On Aug 17, 2014
mine was do you have a gf? do you have sex? how many times do you have sex in a day?
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 17, 2014
Mickey7: smh -_-
Life don tire u? Transformer no de ur street?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Don Jazzy Offers Job Vacancy At Mavins Records / Warning: Do Not Accept A Job Offer Without Asking These Five Questions / Sad But True Fact Most Nigerian Graduates Face Everyday(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.